Close

Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,828
    Rep Points
    31,567.5
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No

    The world's fastest E30 and possibly manual BMW gets faster - Budler Motorsport's 1300+ horsepower turbo S38 swap E30 goes 7.45@184

    Now this is what you call fast. Congratulations to Budler Motorsports for improving on their record (previously a 7.69 elapsed time) with a 7.48@184 1/4 mile run. This vehicle is a 5-speed manual E30 with an S38 swap that is turbocharged. Horsepower is somewhere in the ~1300 range. The world's fastest E30 BMW? Yep. Also the world's fastest manual BMW? Unless anybody can mention another BMW with a manual gearbox that is faster this E30 would appear to have that record.

    Much respect to Budler Motorsports for continuing to push the envelope. Pictures, video, and specifications below.

    Click here to enlarge

    Specs:

    Body work
    fibre glass fenders and hood
    custom rear wing and simpsom chute
    custom cage

    liberty 5spd box
    custom made prop shaft
    competition eng diff (locally made)
    35 spline side shafts also made by competition eng
    bilstein front suspension
    Strange multi link in the rear

    m5 s38 3.7 liter motor
    Pauter rods
    arias pistons
    Oem crank,mains,head and valves
    264 degree billet cams
    full methanol setup
    6 1200 cc injectors
    6 1000 cc injectors
    2 Go-tech pro x management systems
    29 psi boost from a custom T66 turbo also known as T66 + vat
    1300+ horses

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Harrisburg
    Posts
    1,284
    Rep Points
    1,526.3
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Holy Jesus. Look at that manifold.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,322
    Rep Points
    1,955.5
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Guys take note of the block. Its a custom billet block.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    59
    Rep Points
    82.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Love it!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    215
    Rep Points
    331.7
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    WOW! That is one sick BEAST!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    215
    Rep Points
    331.7
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I saw Budler and thought Badler fro "R U Faster then a Redneck" LOL

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,828
    Rep Points
    31,567.5
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    Guys take note of the block. Its a custom billet block.
    Custom billet eh? I want one...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,584
    Rep Points
    2,017.3
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Custom billet eh? I want one...
    Me too... Just can't even fathom what something like that would cost? Anyone have an estimate?

    That car is ridiculous... Those S38s are pretty insane, egh? I knew they were good motors, but holy $#@!.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,828
    Rep Points
    31,567.5
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    Me too... Just can't even fathom what something like that would cost? Anyone have an estimate?
    Ya like $17k: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...-block-15k-18k

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,322
    Rep Points
    1,955.5
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,828
    Rep Points
    31,567.5
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,159
    Rep Points
    526.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    WOW. Nutz.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2
    Rep Points
    4.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I have to comment here, im from sunny S.A. Cape Town, and had the lucky chance at seeing this car before, up on the reef, all I can say is:damn!!!!! a locally produced, manufactured and tuned beast. yes, there are parts from abroad, but this is the thing in our country, import parts are madly overpriced, and leads to guys like Budler to innovate and develop their own parts or to adapt overseas parts for our use. I had a mate who ran the worlds quickest n/a golf fwd at one stage. we have guys like Savspeed(turbo BMW'S) and RGM supercharging greats(their first full charged AMG C63-578kw's with room for more-600+ can be done is the general thought using a vortex blower.)yet they are full motorsport workshop and are BMW specialists. there is a lot of clever tricks we have had to come up with to get closer to our overseas petrol-heads. we also have a company called Dastek, who also produced a Lambo Gallardo to out run a Veyron's times for the records it set. that was the benchmark and it easily eclipsed that too. all verified, yet our records don't seem to hold water abroad, but the equipment used are internationally accredited equipment. but, im not worried, we are one huge community and as long as there people like us, we will keep enjoying and boosting. great forum!!! c-ja.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,828
    Rep Points
    31,567.5
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ashley Click here to enlarge
    I have to comment here, im from sunny S.A. Cape Town, and had the lucky chance at seeing this car before, up on the reef, all I can say is:damn!!!!! a locally produced, manufactured and tuned beast. yes, there are parts from abroad, but this is the thing in our country, import parts are madly overpriced, and leads to guys like Budler to innovate and develop their own parts or to adapt overseas parts for our use. I had a mate who ran the worlds quickest n/a golf fwd at one stage. we have guys like Savspeed(turbo BMW'S) and RGM supercharging greats(their first full charged AMG C63-578kw's with room for more-600+ can be done is the general thought using a vortex blower.)yet they are full motorsport workshop and are BMW specialists. there is a lot of clever tricks we have had to come up with to get closer to our overseas petrol-heads. we also have a company called Dastek, who also produced a Lambo Gallardo to out run a Veyron's times for the records it set. that was the benchmark and it easily eclipsed that too. all verified, yet our records don't seem to hold water abroad, but the equipment used are internationally accredited equipment. but, im not worried, we are one huge community and as long as there people like us, we will keep enjoying and boosting. great forum!!! c-ja.
    Welcome. I like the additional insight from people who have first hand experience seeing these cars but it would be great if you used punctuation/paragraphs on your posts...

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    24
    Rep Points
    90.0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Now that's what i call brutal!! Click here to enlarge Billet block, then you REALY want to win, awesome!

    This reminds me of VS Motor in Norway's 1422hp S38 3.75L. I belive that was sold to southern Europe, the setup looks very similar. These S38 are semi V8 beasts performance wise when boosted Click here to enlarge.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,828
    Rep Points
    31,567.5
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddis Click here to enlarge
    Billet block, then you REALY want to win, awesome!
    I'd love to have one... Click here to enlarge

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    38
    Rep Points
    65.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    time for another update dont you think sticky ?


  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,828
    Rep Points
    31,567.5
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by newoldschool Click here to enlarge
    time for another update dont you think sticky ?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9HEUr0UMZM
    Looks like it!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    27
    Rep Points
    36.7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Awesome E30! Click here to enlarge

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1
    Rep Points
    2.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    That is insane power!!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •