3.15 LSD from M3 DCT
    Driveshaft
    Axles
    Rear subframe and bushings
    All rear arms
    Front Thrust rods and control arms
    Sway bars
    Shocks and Springs.

This is basically my dream car and IMHO the best of everything the E92 has to offer.

MSRP on the car was 61k and have probably 20k worth of m3 parts on it plus labor.
    Last edited by BMWJunkie; 04-30-2013 at 10:32 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hybrid?
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hybrid as in half M3 half 335is. No electric motors on this thing except for the windows and seats. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Gonna need to throw up some pics and a "target" price. Are there any additional performance mods besides the M3 bits, like a tune, FMIC upgrade, etc etc?
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BMWJunkie Click here to enlarge
    Just a feeler

Brand new 335is DCT

Mineral white metallic paint/ Red leather
    19" 313's
    Premium sound
    Nav/Apps/Assist
    Heated Seats
    Leather

M3
    Brakes front and rear
    M3 Shocks and springs
    Rear subframe
    3.15 LSD from M3 DCT
    Driveshaft
    Axles
    Rear subframe and bushings
    All rear arms
    Front Thrust rods and control arms
    Sway bars
    Shocks and Springs.

This is basically my dream car and IMHO the best of everything the E92 has to offer.

MSRP on the car was 61k and have probably 20k worth of m3 parts on it plus labor.
    Serious question here - don't take this the wrong way. You would be spending 81k on a 335is - you could get an M3 for less than this (fully loaded 70kish) - and then slap a blower on it for 10k. Done and done. Why not go that route?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Honestly I just really dont like the s65/s85 engines. No torque, even supercharged.

Target price, well I really was building this car for myself and had no intention on selling it. I was thinking if someone really wanted it for 80k I would let it go.

I was going to install my mods but started thinking it would only discourage any potential buyers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If you think about where you would be with 5k in mods and e85 it would put 98% of the m3's to shame. My previous 335is ran an 11.9 @ 117 with no LSD and 2.56 gearing and 3k in modifications.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If you think about where you would be with 5k in mods and e85 it would put 98% of the m3's to shame. My previous 335is ran an 11.9 @ 117 with no LSD and 2.56 gearing and 3k in modifications.
    That COMPLETELY depends where you live.... With ACM nearby, ~1/3 of the M3s I see on the road that are done up & willing to go for some pulls have ESS-625+ under the hood.

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    That COMPLETELY depends where you live.... With ACM nearby, ~1/3 of the M3s I see on the road that are done up & willing to go for some pulls have ESS-625+ under the hood.
    http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=780858

SAE Corrected: 563whp @ 8250 RPM, 374wtq @ 7550 RPM
    Not really the numbers I would be looking for.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=780858

SAE Corrected: 563whp @ 8250 RPM, 374wtq @ 7550 RPM
    Not really the numbers I would be looking for.
    What are you saying? Click here to enlarge If you were getting at how that car is sleeper status, 100% agree. It's an M3, not too flashy & just sitting on MORRs, but it's got ~200 WHP more than stock.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Stock turbo e85 n54's getting 450ish hp and 500tq. Not to mention my 335is weighs 3480lbs. m3's are around 3700-3800 if im not mistaken.

What im getting at is that anyone who loves the N54 this brings everything about an M3 that makes it "better" and puts it all in one package.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Stock turbo e85 n54's getting 450ish hp and 500tq. Not to mention my 335is weighs 3480lbs. m3's are around 3700-3800 if im not mistaken.

What im getting at is that anyone who loves the N54 this brings everything about an M3 that makes it "better" and puts it all in one package.
    You are completely mistaken... Immensely. They are extremely close in weight - within 100 lbs, if not less - talking coupe for coupe/sedan for sedan here...

Also, the torque at the crank of an engine MEANS NOTHING. I am so tired of saying this - sorry to come across as crass, but this is what gearing is for. The torque to the ground/wheels of an S65 powered M3 (stock) is higher than a C5 z06 in 1st and 2nd - and MUCH higher than a 335i in nearly every gear except 7 (w/DCT vs. 6 speed on the 335i).

Torque and RPM are equal in contribution for power. Simplified - (power = RPM * Torque) - so, for every extra RPM that the S65 spins over the 335i, you have to make another ft-lb of torque. That's the whole point of the S motors. You make torque through GEARING - and you make power by taking advantage of said gearing with RPM.

They made the engine high revving for a reason.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Except for steering feel/chassis rigidity/differential/suspension on all levels/engine management/transmission management/fueling/throttle response/cooling/etc... The list goes on.

There are literally less parts in common than there are shared between the two platforms. In other words - you would have to start with an M3 to make an M3; you can't just throw 20 M3 parts on a 335i and think it's going to be on par with an M3 on all levels. I understand what you are trying to say here - but it's not really possible. My point is - if you are really going to spend 80k - get an M3 and put a blower on it. If you are taking it to a track - this is what I would do.

On the other hand - if you care about straight line speed only (power) (sounds like this is not the case) - then the 335i might make sense - but not for that price. Again - having more torque at the crank is irrelevant, you are missing the point of this. M GmbH has some pretty good engineers - they make power through RPM with moderate amounts of torque, as opposed to tons of torque at the crank (at least they used to)... There is a reason they chose the S65 and S54 for the M3. You want a LARGE linear powerband in motorsport - having nearly the same amount of torque across the entire thing - with great throttle response. This is not something the N54 is known for; it definitely has power potential - but it's not even close to on par with an S motor for motorsport.

Throttle response alone is reason enough to go with the M3 if you are tracking it - it's on a whole different level than a 335i. I am not knocking the 335i, it just seems that people want to think that the 335i is some sort of bargain M3 when tuned - it's not - for all reasons mentioned above.

Cheers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why do m3 enthusiasts have to muddy up n54 threads so much? Seriously let it go. We get the point.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Its more like 200 parts. The only thing not coming from an m3 that is steering/suspension/driveline/brakes will be the rack and tie rods.

I have all the shocks, springs, hubs, knuckles, bearings, wheels speed sensors, emergency brake, brake cables, a complete rear subframe with everything attached.

Its basically a 1m in a e92 body.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by zeel Click here to enlarge
    Why do m3 enthusiasts have to muddy up n54 threads so much? Seriously let it go. We get the point.

Because most of them havnt owned a fast n54 and then driven an m3 after. After driving a modded 335is for two years even an s85 m6 feels slow to me.

Its ok, not everyone gets to drive EVERY bmw on the road (between 1990-2013 anyways). I have, and theres nothing else I would rather have.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    Also, the torque at the crank of an engine MEANS NOTHING. I am so tired of saying this - sorry to come across as crass, but this is what gearing is for. The torque to the ground/wheels of an S65 powered M3 (stock) is higher than a C5 z06 in 1st and 2nd - and MUCH higher than a 335i in nearly every gear except 7 (w/DCT vs. 6 speed on the 335i).

Torque and RPM are equal in contribution for power. Simplified - (power = RPM * Torque) - so, for every extra RPM that the S65 spins over the 335i, you have to make another ft-lb of torque. That's the whole point of the S motors. You make torque through GEARING - and you make power by taking advantage of said gearing with RPM.

They made the engine high revving for a reason.

Is that why my bone stock 335is with a 2.56 open diff ran a 12.8@108. What are the stock m3 guys doing? 12.6?

BMW put a 2.56 rear end open diff in the 335is so it couldnt be faster than a M3. With the 3.15 LSD in my IS the m3 will have no chance.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by zeel Click here to enlarge
    Because an 135/335 will never equal an M3, and if N54 owners are going to compare it to the S65, it's a two way street. Honestly it is an awful comparison to make unless you're strictly evaluating straight line speed --- Then yes, an N54 can be made to go faster than M3 with & without a supercharger. BUT if you want a car that's more suited for aggressive cornering & driving, then any M car (with & without aftermarket modifications) will be a better performer.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I totally agree, but when you remove everything from a m3 driveline, suspension, and brakes and install it on a 335is. It will handle the same. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No need to have an M3/335 debate in here.

Please put up pics of the car.

And the M3 is better Click here to enlarge
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

Best I can do right now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Because an 135/335 will never equal an M3, and if N54 owners are going to compare it to the S65, it's a two way street. Honestly it is an awful comparison to make unless you're strictly evaluating straight line speed --- Then yes, an N54 can be made to go faster than M3 with & without a supercharger. BUT if you want a car that's more suited for aggressive cornering & driving, then any M car (with & without aftermarket modifications) will be a better performer.
    Trust me I am one of the n54 owners that understands this. Two different cars, two different levels, and different purposes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Is that why my bone stock 335is with a 2.56 open diff ran a 12.8@108. What are the stock m3 guys doing? 12.6?

BMW put a 2.56 rear end open diff in the 335is so it couldnt be faster than a M3. With the 3.15 LSD in my IS the m3 will have no chance.
    This is my last post in this thread... Do you REALLY believe that BMW put that rear end in the 335is so it wouldn't be as fast as the M3? Are you being serious? Even though they weigh the same and the M3 has a 100 horsepower advantage?

You are saying a stock M3 vs 335is (stock but with a diff) - the 335is will win EVEN though the 0-100 MPH time of the M3 is in the upper 9s lower 10s range, while your 335is is mid 12s?

Look at 0-100 times - the 335is is not EVEN CLOSE. We are talking FULL SECONDS.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I lied - this is my last post... You need to look at TRAP speeds - 108 is FAR behind the M3. I don't know why I am talking about this - you have to be trolling.

0-100 M3 - 9.4s
    0-100 335is - 11.4

http://fastestlaps.com/cars/bmw_335is_m_sport.html
    http://fastestlaps.com/cars/bmw_m3_e92.html

Facts are facts - what you are saying, is completely ridiculous if you are truly being serious.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So do you have the m parts for sale separately? Bc I would be interested in those parts....Please post pics and pricing or pm me.

Btw I get what your saying about the m3, i almost bought one but after my stg 2 protuned 335, I just couldn't do it. IMO the new turbo m will be the perfect mix between the two (e9x m3 and e9x 335).
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast