Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by robc1976 Click here to enlarge
    sounds crazy but I just want a new motor...mine runs frat but I decided if I am going to go all out I might as well start with new power plant. I have all new panels going to go on to as well add new paint and it would be great to get engine bay painted. My ONLY concern with the stage 3's is axles/driveshaft breakage. There is no upgrade for axles on AT yet. I already have a ported head (don't know what was actually done, was done by prior owner) but if I go this route I will be looking into cams and headwork also.
    You're worried about Drive Shafts when there's at least a belief DSS will upgrade them, meanwhile the 6AT has NO upgrade anywhere in sight. More power to you & document it PLEASE
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by marv85 Click here to enlarge
    +1 on above!! You should wait and see Terry's results and leverage his work if it turns out to be the way to go.

Why new motor??
    this is the main reason I am waiting....Terry has really worked with me on my setup sui far....I am sure he will do great with these.
    JB4 G5, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR Dps, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid subframe bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    You're worried about Drive Shafts when there's at least a belief DSS will upgrade them, meanwhile the 6AT has NO upgrade anywhere in sight. More power to you & document it PLEASE
    Not so much drive shaft as the axles....with these turbos coming out, fuel upgrades ect....there is going to be a higher demand so I hope DSS steps up.
    JB4 G5, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR Dps, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid subframe bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not so much drive shaft as the axles....with these turbos coming out, fuel upgrades ect....there is going to be a higher demand so I hope DSS steps up.
    Gonna be a serious demand for LOTS of reinforced/upgraded parts... Hopefully we don't have to wait too long
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Gonna be a serious demand for LOTS of reinforced/upgraded parts... Hopefully we don't have to wait too long
    I hope you are right!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Those results look very promising and give the sort of power I would be happy to run as a DD.

In terms of size, would these cause many headaches when fitting to a RHD car or are they the same size externally?
    Click here to enlarge
    335i ~ JB4 ~ BMS ~ DCI ~ Active Autowerks CP & BOV ~ Borla Catback Exhaust

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sparky68 Click here to enlarge
    Those results look very promising and give the sort of power I would be happy to run as a DD.

In terms of size, would these cause many headaches when fitting to a RHD car or are they the same size externally?
    The 135i(which is what I have) and the RHD 335i use the same rear compressor housings so there are no headaches or issues for the installer.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    sounds crazy but I just want a new motor...mine runs great but I decided if I am going to go all out I might as well start with new power plant. I have all new panels going to go on to as well as new paint and it would be great to get engine bay painted. My ONLY concern with the stage 3's is axles/driveshaft breakage. There is no upgrade for axles on AT yet. I already have a ported head (don't know what was actually done, was done by prior owner) but if I go this route I will be looking into cams and headwork also.
    who did you buy from?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just FYI

DSS carbon fiber driveshaft is in the works. They were moving into a new building thus the delay. They have had my broken driveshaft to work off of and are now waiting on a tool to make the diff end part. This would've been done long time ago if we had a CV at the diff's pinion to driveshaft connection. BMW just had to do something completely different there of course Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    The 135i(which is what I have) and the RHD 335i use the same rear compressor housings so there are no headaches or issues for the installer.
    Good to know, well that's where some of this year's bonus will be going!
    Click here to enlarge
    335i ~ JB4 ~ BMS ~ DCI ~ Active Autowerks CP & BOV ~ Borla Catback Exhaust

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Just FYI

DSS carbon fiber driveshaft is in the works. They were moving into a new building thus the delay. They have had my broken driveshaft to work off of and are now waiting on a tool to make the diff end part. This would've been done long time ago if we had a CV at the diff's pinion to driveshaft connection. BMW just had to do something completely different there of course Click here to enlarge
    You should get a 6AT 335i so that us auto folks can get some goodies too Click here to enlarge
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    This would've been done long time ago if we had a CV at the diff's pinion to driveshaft connection. BMW just had to do something completely different there of course Click here to enlarge

That's just going to jack up the price...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Awesome! Are these for AT, also though?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    who did you buy from?
    I haven't purchased yet...I have a few options there is a N54 in a salvage yard with 3600 miles I have a deposit on....only asking $5200 for it, they have done others with mid 20's on them also.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I haven't purchased yet...I have a few options there is a N54 in a salvage yard with 3600 miles I have a deposit on....only asking $5200 for it, they have done others with mid 20's on them also.
    $5200 for the motor or the whole car? If that's for the motor alone, do a LOT more shopping around.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    $5200 for the motor or the whole car? If that's for the motor alone, do a LOT more shopping around.
    that is cheap for a complete N54 with only 3000 miles? BMW wants $12,500 lol!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    that is cheap for a complete N54 with only 3000 miles? BMW wants $12,500 lol!
    Thats not cheap at all. I got my long block with a lot of extras for $1400 shipped. I can find wrecked 335's that include the motor for 7 grand all day, you get the whole car. All I am saying is do a little shipping around.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Thats not cheap at all. I got my long block with a lot of extras for $1400 shipped. I can find wrecked 335's that include the motor for 7 grand all day, you get the whole car. All I am saying is do a little shipping around.
    damn! I will thanks for the info!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    These are some great numbers. I heard the DME adjusts turbo boost for higher altitudes. I'm wondering if this still applies with the Stage 2 turbos at higher initial boost. My car, in it's current state, noticeably lags behind at altitude. My stockers are already pushed about as far as they can go. I can't imagine the forces they have to put up with in the mountains.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My RB's run flawless...I beat the hell out of them LOL!! If stage 2 VTT offer a bit more power I will switch though...may just go stage 3
    Guess I spoke to soon

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Haven't seen that one before
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    WOW, that really sucks. I've never seen or heard of that happening before. It was probably just a defunct actuator rod, $#@! like that happens but it still sucks when it does. Hopefully RB will take care of you!!!
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I would think that a helluvalotta pressure to snap a pin like that

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    WOW, that really sucks. I've never seen or heard of that happening before. It was probably just a defunct actuator rod, $#@! like that happens but it still sucks when it does. Hopefully RB will take care of you!!!
    he has, will to replace if needed....I think this can be fixed without taking it out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My RB's run flawless...I beat the hell out of them LOL!! If stage 2 VTT offer a bit more power I will switch though...may just go stage 3
    he has, will to replace if needed....I think this can be fixed without taking it out.
    That's good to hear. Any possible theories on what caused it? Possibility just a bad weld?
    Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast