Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 141
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Roanoke VA
    Posts
    1,632
    Rep Points
    2,248.3
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23



    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    Any more updates? I'm wondering what PTF could get out of these turbos
    I have an appointment with Jake next Saturday(5/18) to get them dyno tuned. I've been playing around with them some more in ATR and I've felt a definite bump in power going from 15psi to 17psi but I'm just going to wait for Jake to dyno tune it before getting any more numbers.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Dallas TX
    Posts
    499
    Rep Points
    517.1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    So how do they feel on the street compared to stockers. I know your still messing with tuning but just curious about the daily driving feel. Mine are fixing to ship.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Roanoke VA
    Posts
    1,632
    Rep Points
    2,248.3
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jzeee037 Click here to enlarge
    So how do they feel on the street compared to stockers. I know your still messing with tuning but just curious about the daily driving feel. Mine are fixing to ship.
    It drives like stock turbos with just a lot more ass behind it. The increase in turbo lag is almost non-existent and in the top end they just keep pulling. Everyone knows the feeling of how the stockers just fall flat after ~5.5Krpms but with the stage 2s it's able to maintain that same feeling of power to redline. For anyone not wanting to make insane levels of power these turbos are just about perfect.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    espaņa
    Posts
    754
    Rep Points
    804.2
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I hope they are more reliable and durable than rb, I know some Spanish user who has busted their rb turbos few days ago and I think the blame grabbed the bad tuning ...


    so there are 2 units sold to Spain vt3 vargas Click here to enlarge
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Roanoke VA
    Posts
    1,632
    Rep Points
    2,248.3
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by carcars Click here to enlarge
    I hope they are more reliable and durable than rb, I know some Spanish user who has busted their rb turbos few days ago and I think the blame grabbed the bad tuning ...


    so there are 2 units sold to Spain vt3 vargas Click here to enlarge
    Any time you push a component to it's limits and run it there it always shortens it's lifespan and increases risk of failure... with that said, there have been SEVERAL sets of semi-local RB turbos dying rather quickly that i keep hearing about. I've spoken to a couple people that have been through atleast 2 sets and want an alternative.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    215
    Rep Points
    495.2
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    A 150whp delta is nice. I can't wait to see what the PTF guys do with this. I'm debating on upgrading myself to RB's or VTT stage 2 but for the money a 150whp delta isn't convincing me. My FBO car on 93 pump with PTF tune had a 110whp delta. If they can get you to a 170-180whp delta on 93 pump w/o meth i'll be all in on them.

    Did you start your ATR tuning with an OTS map for RB/VTT stage 2 or did you just dive in and tune from a OTS stage 2+ map?

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Roanoke VA
    Posts
    1,632
    Rep Points
    2,248.3
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by zeenon53 Click here to enlarge
    A 150whp delta is nice. I can't wait to see what the PTF guys do with this. I'm debating on upgrading myself to RB's or VTT stage 2 but for the money a 150whp delta isn't convincing me. My FBO car on 93 pump with PTF tune had a 110whp delta. If they can get you to a 170-180whp delta on 93 pump w/o meth i'll be all in on them.

    Did you start your ATR tuning with an OTS map for RB/VTT stage 2 or did you just dive in and tune from a OTS stage 2+ map?
    I started with the OTS stage 2+ sport map.

    I could be wrong but i don't see 180whp deltas on just 93. There just isn't the octane to support enough timing to make that happen and with the upped boost pressure CATs are going to be a problem when it comes to repeatable performance.
    Last edited by rader1; 05-09-2013 at 03:21 PM.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,962
    Rep Points
    2,657.4
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27


    Yes Reputation No
    do you have logs from your OG dyno... cant wait to see the protune results... dynotune is the way to go for sure.... are you going over 19 psi in the mid range? I dont think bumping to 20 at first would be THAT bad for a race tune, than grab a street tune as well... race taper to 17-18 should hopefully get you close to 490 or so...

    are you dynotuning on a dynojet?
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

  9. #34
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Dallas TX
    Posts
    499
    Rep Points
    517.1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Its nice to know there is still some stock drivability. I went with upgraded versions and was going to do a stage 3 but missed out on the intro pricing. I'm hoping that these along with my level 10 trans will make me happy for now. From your description with proper tuning sounds like ill be happy.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Mars, Gale Crater
    Posts
    876
    Rep Points
    683.6
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    I started with the OTS stage 2+ sport map.

    I could be wrong but i don't see 180whp deltas on just 93. There just isn't the octane to support enough timing to make that happen and with the upped boost pressure CATs are going to be a problem when it comes to repeatable performance.
    +1, there's no way you'll see 180whp delta on pump 93 alone. You'll need meth or e85
    BSM 340xi M-Sport
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs


  11. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Roanoke VA
    Posts
    1,632
    Rep Points
    2,248.3
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    do you have logs from your OG dyno... cant wait to see the protune results... dynotune is the way to go for sure.... are you going over 19 psi in the mid range? I dont think bumping to 20 at first would be THAT bad for a race tune, than grab a street tune as well... race taper to 17-18 should hopefully get you close to 490 or so...

    are you dynotuning on a dynojet?
    I don't have any logs of the dyno but i'll see if i can attach a couple logs from the streets.

    Yes, it will be tuned on the dynojet at Moores Performance. Jake is putting on a "dyno tuning" day so i get the feeling that there will be a couple spectators and if anyone in the NOVA area wants to come watch and chit chat please feel free.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    3,852
    Rep Points
    3,647.6
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    37


    Yes Reputation No
    These turbos are right up my alley, I'd get a 93oct map and e85 map and call it a day...
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    215
    Rep Points
    495.2
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    180whp delta is wishful thinking I suppose. Though there is plenty of power under the curve where the stockers lack.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    San antonio
    Posts
    12
    Rep Points
    10.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Debating wether i should get these stage 2's or the RB's very soon since i have a bad rear turboClick here to enlarge Cant find too much info on these yet

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Roanoke VA
    Posts
    1,632
    Rep Points
    2,248.3
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Hollywoodx Click here to enlarge
    Debating wether i should get these stage 2's or the RB's very soon since i have a bad rear turboClick here to enlarge Cant find too much info on these yet
    Hopefully there will be more dyno sheets available soon, chuck and a couple more of the other testers should be up and running soon. No one has really pushed them yet to see what they can do(well, i guess Tony did with Mike's car and it killed the clutch lol) so it's hard to say what they'll do at full tilt.

    My dyno next weekend will probably be a good demonstration of what they'll do when tuned aggressively for the street on meth.. and maybe some ethanol thrown in for a rage gas map Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    San antonio
    Posts
    12
    Rep Points
    10.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    Hopefully there will be more dyno sheets available soon, chuck and a couple more of the other testers should be up and running soon. No one has really pushed them yet to see what they can do(well, i guess Tony did with Mike's car and it killed the clutch lol) so it's hard to say what they'll do at full tilt.

    My dyno next weekend will probably be a good demonstration of what they'll do when tuned aggressively for the street on meth.. and maybe some ethanol thrown in for a rage gas map Click here to enlarge
    Well that should be an interesting dyno test!, for this conservative tune the numbers don't look bad at all . A moderate tune would suit me best since I'm looking to get a decent lifespan out of the purchase I make lol

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    827
    Rep Points
    1,314.0
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Yes Reputation No
    My RB's run flawless...I beat the hell out of them LOL!! If stage 2 VTT offer a bit more power I will switch though...may just go stage 3
    JB4 G5, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR Dps, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid subframe bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    566
    Rep Points
    577.0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by robc1976 Click here to enlarge
    My RB's run flawless...I beat the hell out of them LOL!! If stage 2 VTT offer a bit more power I will switch though...may just go stage 3
    if you already have RBs, it's useless to switch to VTT st2. you need stage 3s Click here to enlarge
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

    '10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    827
    Rep Points
    1,314.0
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by marv85 Click here to enlarge
    if you already have RBs, it's useless to switch to VTT st2. you need stage 3s Click here to enlarge
    I agree, and as long as stage 3 still allow for a DD.
    JB4 G5, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR Dps, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid subframe bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,221
    Rep Points
    1,817.6
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by robc1976 Click here to enlarge
    I agree, and as long as stage 3 still allow for a DD.
    Just don't run it in Kill Mode when you're DDing..... Or run it in Kill Mode so you never get caught off guard by a Z06 or something Click here to enlarge
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    566
    Rep Points
    577.0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by robc1976 Click here to enlarge
    I agree, and as long as stage 3 still allow for a DD.
    of course it will! you just have to get used to the fact that half the throttle is enough to have fun and kill most cars Click here to enlarge
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

    '10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    827
    Rep Points
    1,314.0
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Just don't run it in Kill Mode when you're DDing..... Or run it in Kill Mode so you never get caught off guard by a Z06 or something Click here to enlarge
    I have to make a decision soon...putting a brand new motor in soon and want brand new VTT stage 3's or just keep the RB's.
    JB4 G5, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR Dps, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid subframe bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,221
    Rep Points
    1,817.6
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by robc1976 Click here to enlarge
    I have to make a decision soon...putting a brand new motor in soon and want brand new VTT stage 3's or just keep the RB's.
    Why new motor?? And if you could budget it, I'd wait to see the advantages of building the motor & lowering the CR with the VTT S3s before I pulled the trigger.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    566
    Rep Points
    577.0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    +1 on above!! You should wait and see Terry's results and leverage his work if it turns out to be the way to go.

    Why new motor??
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

    '10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    827
    Rep Points
    1,314.0
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Why new motor?? And if you could budget it, I'd wait to see the advantages of building the motor & lowering the CR with the VTT S3s before I pulled the trigger.
    sounds crazy but I just want a new motor...mine runs great but I decided if I am going to go all out I might as well start with new power plant. I have all new panels going to go on to as well as new paint and it would be great to get engine bay painted. My ONLY concern with the stage 3's is axles/driveshaft breakage. There is no upgrade for axles on AT yet. I already have a ported head (don't know what was actually done, was done by prior owner) but if I go this route I will be looking into cams and headwork also.
    JB4 G5, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR Dps, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid subframe bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •