Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Ron Paul getting heat for stating Boston used "Police State" tactics

Ron Paul, in a posting on the website of a libertarian activist, accused US law enforcement of 'a military-style occupation of an American city' in its response to the Boston bombing.

Former GOP presidential candidate Ron Paul has slammed US law enforcement for responding to the Boston Marathon bombing with “police state tactics.”

In a post on the website of libertarian activist Lew Rockwell, Mr. Paul said Monday that the governmental reaction to the tragic explosions was worse than the attack itself. The forced lockdown of much of the Boston area, police riding armored vehicles through the streets, and door-to-door searches without warrants were all reminiscent of a military coup or martial law, Paul added.

“The Boston bombing provided the opportunity for the government to turn what should have been a police investigation into a military-style occupation of an American city,” according to Paul.

http://news.yahoo.com/ron-paul-slams...3BtaA--;_ylv=3

All I can from the bombings is if they were staged it was so that the government could see if it was possible to militarily lock down a city... and yep, they sure can do it and get away with it.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Interesting perspective on the Boston bombings. I had not thought of it as a government organized act until now; it does make some sense. When you consider the timing of the major financial scandals that were recently brought to light....I find it hard to not make the connection. The father of the two boys found at fault claimed they were framed...

hmmm.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If they were framed what the hell are they prepping for? The fall of the dollar?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    If they were framed what the hell are they prepping for? The fall of the dollar?
    Im not saying they were or weren't framed, im just pointing out that the shoe kind of fits. Someone who knows what the $#@! is really going on (probably someone making it happen) may have seen the potential backlash (uprising of the general public) that could happen when these financial scandals were uncovered, so they staged a bombing to see if they could take military control to combat it without looking like the ones to blame. granted there was no uprising that needed to be controlled. This was more of a test run. For them its all in the timing. Once they see an uprising forming, all they need to do is stage a large scale nationwide terrorist attack to lock down the whole $#@!ing country. This is just a theory, not saying its fact. As I mentioned, the shoe kind of fits (in my mind at least).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DFM Click here to enlarge
    Im not saying they were or weren't framed, im just pointing out that the shoe kind of fits. Someone who knows what the $#@! is really going on (probably someone making it happen) may have seen the potential backlash (uprising of the general public) that could happen when these financial scandals were uncovered, so they staged a bombing to see if they could take military control to combat it without looking like the ones to blame. granted there was no uprising that needed to be controlled. This was more of a test run. For them its all in the timing. Once they see an uprising forming, all they need to do is stage a large scale nationwide terrorist attack to lock down the whole $#@!ing country. This is just a theory, not saying its fact. As I mentioned, the shoe kind of fits (in my mind at least).
    But that's how all conspiracy theories are. You take something tragic and spin it until it can kind of make sense. Then go with it till other people think the shoe kind of fits.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Whether they were framed or not doesn't change the fact that this "allowed" the government to illegally search your homes and create a police state...they got away with it this once so now it will be easier to do and will be common practice and accepted. $#@!ing sad.
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
    Whether they were framed or not doesn't change the fact that this "allowed" the government to illegally search your homes and create a police state...they got away with it this once so now it will be easier to do and will be common practice and accepted. $#@!ing sad.
    Exactly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

All I can from the bombings is if they were staged it was so that the government could see if it was possible to militarily lock down a city... and yep, they sure can do it and get away with it.
    +1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ever since 9/11 has happened and every time we get a "terrorist attack" on our own soil the government rides the "You're questioning us?!! That's Un-American!!" train. It started with the Patriot Act and unfortunately it's too late to stop it. It's good that Ron Paul is questioning it, but I think people won't care about it.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sr20seb Click here to enlarge
    Ever since 9/11 has happened and every time we get a "terrorist attack" on our own soil the government rides the "You're questioning us?!! That's Un-American!!" train. It started with the Patriot Act and unfortunately it's too late to stop it. It's good that Ron Paul is questioning it, but I think people won't care about it.
    The scary thing is people upset he is questioning it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The scary thing is people upset he is questioning it.
    When I heard on the news that the cops were going door to door and searching homes for the suspects I wondered how is that possible? What kind of law are they invoking? I know that if they see the suspect enter a house they're free to chase him without a warrant or anybodies permission but this wasn't it. It seems like our society is hellbent on not taking responsibility for anything and have somebody else do it all for you. The big shots and the politicians will sure as hell take full advantage of such reasoning....or lack of thinking if you will.
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sr20seb Click here to enlarge
    When I heard on the news that the cops were going door to door and searching homes for the suspects I wondered how is that possible? What kind of law are they invoking? I know that if they see the suspect enter a house they're free to chase him without a warrant or anybodies permission but this wasn't it. It seems like our society is hellbent on not taking responsibility for anything and have somebody else do it all for you. The big shots and the politicians will sure as hell take full advantage of such reasoning....or lack of thinking if you will.
    Prey on the fear of the unsuspecting and a result such as that can occur. How many times do you hear people use the same lame excuses the gov't uses ? " Well if you have nothing to hide, what's the problem ? ". The problem is you infringing on my friggin rights you moron. This desensitizing has been, and continues to work. Right up until we're in a camp somewhere with the barbed wire FACING IN for our " safety ". Eh, on second thought, who am I kidding. At that point there probably will STILL be those who say the gov't is doing the right thing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    well, its a good thing weapons of war have no place on our street, unless your a government employee..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DFM Click here to enlarge
    It makes sense though. Stage an attack, lock down whatever you want to lock down in the name of "safety" and nothing can be done to stop them...