Close

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuel...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jhershorin Click here to enlarge
    I have no qualms with John attempting to be in business on a new platform. Everytime he pops up its the same story. The same defense. The same thing happens. I am fine with him being here. We will work with cars that use tony's pumps. The definition of stupid is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
    LOL - that is a very good definition Click here to enlarge

My work day would be so much $#@!tier without threads like this...
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showpo...8&postcount=34

"The injectors have a maximum of 40 mg/ms spray at 200 bar. This is an incredible amount of fuel, much much more than any solenoid injector. It is this high, because when we designed the application, BMW insisted that the engine must be able - in limp mode - to only use the LPFP pressure, which is 5 bar, and still drive the vehicle at 170 km/h."

40 mg/ms = 318 lbs/hr = 3243 cc/min
    170 km/hr = 106 mph

I used 0.74 kg/l for gasoline and 2.205 lbs/kg. But remember, this is at the upper limit of pressure, 200 bar - that's 2900 psi. I think the flow rate would increase logarithmically with pressure, up to a point, then level off. Maybe someone who actually took a fluid dynamics class could comment.

Regardless, with a HPFP that can maintain its pressure, that is still a lot of fuel.
    Hey, my memories not that bad after all! Thanks for finding that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Wow...Sticky how did you let him become a vendor?

If you did this soley to create drama/increase traffic, or because you need the revenue to run the forum, shame on you dude.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Too late to edit, but i mean cmon seriously? I talk with Tony on a daily basis and I would trust him a lot more than what Ive read about this guy. You cant compare the RB/VTT fiasco to this....its on a different level.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge
    Too late to edit, but i mean cmon seriously? I talk with Tony on a daily basis and I would trust him a lot more than what Ive read about this guy. You cant compare the RB/VTT fiasco to this....its on a different level.
    The different level is only in that we have not been on other forums peddling turbos and making enemies then saw an opportunity in the N54 world and jumped on it. We are here basically because I thought the platform had potential. I totally understand trying to fight for market share which we did. Imagine this, I talk to John on the phone, I send him my pump, he does what he says and sends me back his modified pump, it works to get the fuel we need and we use that pump to set the WHP records with the stage 3 car instead of our own upgrades. Now john owns a piece of those records too and already has a good name in the platform, I tried to explain that what we were doing was big and he wanted to be a part of it. Obviously you saw how he treated that. He didn't even open the box and dodged my emails and calls for a month +. This is a guy you want to buy from now?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Where is my bag of popcorn... Click here to enlarge

I guess if we're "keeping it real here" Tony has shown his upgrade works and has been fairly transparent on what is involved. When OP posts up his data then we can make a comparison to see if he's bringing something new to the table for us (which would be welcome), or just knocking off what Vargas has already done. If OP has a history of over promising and under delivering (I've never heard of him personally before reading this thread) then I think it's reasonable for people to bring that up.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

If you did this soley to create drama/increase traffic, or because you need the revenue to run the forum, shame on you dude.
    He is running a business and collecting checks. Can't blame him. Every forum has their good and bad vendors.
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Tuned Cobb Stage 2+ | H&R / Koni Sport | BBS LM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge
    335i ~ JB4 ~ BMS ~ DCI ~ Active Autowerks CP & BOV ~ Borla Catback Exhaust

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sparky68 Click here to enlarge
    One of my all time favorite movies!
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    One of my all time favorite movies!
    And mine. Probably watched it 50 times!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Everyone has the right to pay and be a vendor... If nobody buys his products, he'll eventually stop paying & leave the forum. Looks like HPFP has a BIG hill to climb & prove that their product is worthy
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by crazylegs Click here to enlarge
    hmmm can a vendor be neg reped so they cant post also?

honest question
    Technically but I won't allow that to happen.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Hold the F up man. First of all, I don't even know who this guy is.

Secondly, I see nothing wrong with giving him a chance. You really think his revenue in particular is making or breaking anyone?

Thirdly, I let you still generate business or do work on the side for guys on the forum without asking for a single penny from you and you are saying shame on me? Seriously?

Anyone who has any particular issue with him is speaking their mind. I said the proof will be in the product. I'm not trying him on a thread, this isn't a courtroom, and I think there is a lot of competition here and he should be allowed to compete.

With that said, anybody who has any qualms about using his product shouldn't. That goes for anyone. If it works as advertised nothing more will need to be said. If it doesn't, it won't be sold here.

How you jumped to the conclusions you jumped to is the real question.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The aspects that can be compared were mentioned. New turbo builder, big claims, months later it all comes true and nobody cares about the RB's any longer. Tony had to fight for his name and this guy will have to as well. The market will judge. If he fails or takes advantage of anyone it will be on him.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I look at it in the sense that Tony discussed this weeks ago and had bad experiences. So have a lot of other communities. IMO i would just cut right to the point and save members here the hassle...looking out for the rest of us and for the few that are on the fence about jumping into an unknown vendors product.

Tony has proven results. This guy comes on here touting the answers to it all, no cars, no videos no dynos no independent 3rd party to verify his work is good....but has a trail of some pretty bad reviews from almost every car brand out there. You could try to say the same for Tony, but he has a full time shop that does turbos for a living...and hasnt moved in 30 years nor covered up his failures.

Cut the head off the snake before it bites someone else...aint worth losing anyones money here, no matter how much I agree/disagree with that person. I might sound like the internet police but Im getting tired of the bull$#@! vendors and shady scams going on that rock this community on a daily basis. We are all better than that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I look at it in the sense that Tony discussed this weeks ago and had bad experiences. So have a lot of other communities. IMO i would just cut right to the point and save members here the hassle...looking out for the rest of us and for the few that are on the fence about jumping into an unknown vendors product.
    So your condemning him based on posts in this thread with personal experience?

Cut the head off the snake before it bites someone else...aint worth losing anyones money here, no matter how much I agree/disagree with that person. I might sound like the internet police but Im getting tired of the bull$#@! vendors and shady scams going on that rock this community on a daily basis. We are all better than that.
    He deserves the opportunity to try. There are several vendors thriving here who people said would not succeed or that they supposedly had a terrible reputation.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I find that people vote with their wallet, No worthwhile product, No cash, No cash , No vendor. simple economics.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sparky68 Click here to enlarge
    I find that people vote with their wallet, No worthwhile product, No cash, No cash , No vendor. simple economics.
    I agree, just let the guy run his course, if he can provide something useful more power to him, but obviously he has a serious uphill battle in front of him. I personally wouldn't trust him based off personal experience and the experience of others.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    So your condemning him based on posts in this thread with personal experience?

He deserves the opportunity to try. There are several vendors thriving here who people said would not succeed or that they supposedly had a terrible reputation.
    Who else here has a terrible reputation? Besides SSP.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Who else here has a terrible reputation? Besides SSP.
    SSP isn't a vendor here and never will be.

ICS-Tuning had some things to address as did RMS. Their work and products now talk for them.

I say give the guy a chance. What if he proves you wrong? If he doesn't, people won't buy it and he won't advertise.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    SSP isn't a vendor here and never will be.

ICS-Tuning had some things to address as did RMS. Their work and products now talk for them.

I say give the guy a chance. What if he proves you wrong? If he doesn't, people won't buy it and he won't advertise.
    K ill secede from this one. If u wanna let him do his thing and make some $ off him by all means, its your forum...im just the type that likes $#@! orderly with lots of data, not drama.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    K ill secede from this one. If u wanna let him do his thing and make some $ off him by all means, its your forum...im just the type that likes $#@! orderly with lots of data, not drama.
    Well let's wait and see how he does?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Well let's wait and see how he does?
    Not that it matters but IMO that's how the forum ought to be run. People have posted warning about the guy, if it's based on their experience then great, warn away. All the info is out and time will tell if this guy provides a good product or if it's vaporware.

The problem with killing something/someone off with no proof is that then this place is no better than e90post. There is a risk inherent in being fair.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SCGT Click here to enlarge
    The problem with killing something/someone off with no proof is that then this place is no better than e90post. There is a risk inherent in being fair.
    Agree wholeheartedly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i am relatively late to this party, so i apologize in advance...

hai john!
    long time no see.
    i'll lay off the usual hatred for you, but will say one thing. i hope you don't treat any new customers the same way you've treated your customers in the past. it's ok to speak your mind, but when you're a vendor you shouldn't belittle your clients or act aggressively toward them. keep in mind that was one of the plentiful reasons you've been banned elsewhere.

hello jake! thanks for sending me here. lol.
    is loosh on these forums too?

for anyone that may want some reading material, there are lots of threads on other forums with info. i won't clutter this thread with the links, but they're easy to find using your google.

buy from john at your own risk and if something doesn't work out properly, i hope you get treated with respect.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast