Close

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuel...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hpfpupgrade Click here to enlarge
    No, Washington state.
    im just a guy so take this with a grain of salt... Forums and internet can make/break any company, find a person with a serious N54 capable of 700+ whp and work with them to make results. If you were local id probably roll the dice to help each other out.
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Yawn, this again.

If anyone wants the truth, they can email me.

There is not one single person ever that we scammed or didn't delver product to.
    Whatever, let your products speak for themselves if you want but you/your companies have been banned from multiple forums in multiple communities for shady business practices. Clearly you know it based on your above response so don't even try to deny it.

I will remove myself from this thread from here on out as my only intent was to inform people to read about you and your antics prior to entrusting you with parts/money.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    im just a guy so take this with a grain of salt... Forums and internet can make/break any company, find a person with a serious N54 capable of 700+ whp and work with them to make results. If you were local id probably roll the dice to help each other out.
    We have two customers running big single kits that should be setting new records running our fuel pumps. I understand how the forums and internet work and I refuse to play into the hands internet tough guys.

I am not local but I have an interest in fueling you build. Email me and we can talk.

Thanks,

John

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ATP Click here to enlarge
    Whatever, let your products speak for themselves if you want but you/your companies have been banned from multiple forums in multiple communities for shady business practices. Clearly you know it based on your above response so don't even try to deny it.

I will remove myself from this thread from here on out as my only intent was to inform people to read about you and your antics prior to entrusting you with parts/money.
    We let our products speak for themselfs. Currently our fuel pumps power:

Worlds Highest WHP MazdaSpeed 3
    Worlds Highest WHP Golf Type R
    Worlds Highest WHP GTI
    Worlds Highest WHP Audi A3
    Worlds Highest WHP Audi A4

Most of these cars have set the fastest times in the 1/4 mile as well.

Your information is incorrect, we have never had shady business practices or "scammed" anyone. I have heard the broken record for three + years now with not a single person ever coming forward with a legitimate scam or shady transaction. You would figure that one person wouldn't be that hard to find, LOL.

I will not deny we have been removed from forums, but its not because of business reasons. You are on the outside and looking in so you only get 1/2 the story.
    Last edited by hpfpupgrade; 04-30-2013 at 04:23 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

We have two customers running big single kits that should be setting new records running our fuel pumps. I understand how the forums and internet work and I refuse to play into the hands internet tough guys.

I am not local but I have an interest in fueling you build. Email me and we can talk.

Thanks,

John

email me at Lakesbaseball16@aol.com i cant find your email addy haha

@Ak335i i cant believe you posted ur email address ! lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Email sent.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Well, that escalated quickly.

Any idea why the BMW pumps used to fail so frequently from what you have seen?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    You need more right? You don't want to run methanol? Not a problem.

14 months ago I took on the BMW fuel pump, injectors and in tank module in hopes to get a higher flowing system for you guys. After months of wrecking several fuel pumps and $1000's of dollars in cut apart injectors we finally have something that flows more fuel. We didn't put much effort into the in-tank upgrade because one was already done from a different vendor.

The injectors:

OMG!!! What was BMW thinking? You cannot pull them apart without damaging the dampener inside them (yes they have what appears to be a small fluid dampening unit inside the injectors). Not only this but they are reverse pintle design (seals on the cone side). We are still working on a way to open the injector and machine them but applying power to a spinning injector is turning out to be more difficult than we though. We are still working on a solution for bigger injectors, but more on this later.

The HPFP:

Wow, what a wonderful piece of artwork BMW gave us to work with. I am really surprised on the operating parameters of this pump and the pressures it can build based on the design. The first things we noticed are the restrictions in the pump cavity's. Some of them are so small its amazing it moves any volume at all. Next, the pump is RPM limited due to the light spring pressures for the piston and pressure chamber. Pump testing on the pump dyno proved to be more difficult than planned but after building an oil pre-pressure and fill chamber we finally had a working test stand to dyno fuel pumps with.

Now that you have some of the details of the parts I can share with you how we make them better.

The injectors can be machined but need to be opened in order to do the machine process. We are working on this and hope to have a solution before the end of summer.

The fuel pump we have a 18-20% higher flowing unit right now and have a 35-40% higher flowing unit planned end of summer. We tear down the fuel pump to its base items (custom tools were made to tear the pumps down). Every part is kept in a clean room so no dust, dirt or debris can get on or inside the pump. We start off with reworking the springs, not going to tell you which one's or how much additional we add but it will provide a more stable fuel pressure and extends the RPM band to 8,000 RPM. Then we start massaging the passages inside the fuel pump. We have found its possible to get 60% more flow out of the pump with to much port opening, problem being... idle quality and pressure control turn to crap. It took several fuel pumps to find how much .002 of a difference really made, LOL. Then we run the pumps on the pump dyno with the oil controlled pressure chamber (freaking really BMW?) pressurizing the pumping head on the HPFP. When we are all done with testing and machining a Stage 1 fuel pump... we have a pump that moves enough fuel to feed 600 WHP without methanol and a proper tune. Stage 2 fuel pumps, well... that is a different beast! We machine new pump pistons (all 3) and new pressure build chambers. Perform all the Stage 1 pump upgrades and you have a fuel pump that should supply 700 + WHP worth of fuel without methanol and a proper tune.

Now, before you guys start asking for pictures... understand we have a lot of R&D wrapped up into these fuel pumps. I don't want to leak any of the visual details of what we are doing to the competition, so keep that in mind. We are also keeping pricing in check, we don't see a need to gouge you guys for additional fuel or create competition from over pricing. All our fuel systems come with a modified fuel rail. This modification helps with the lean condition for 4-6 cylinders.

Every fuel pump we modify will be brand new. We do not want to risk getting a revision 3 or 4 fuel pump just to have it fail after we modify it. We start off with the latest revision from BMW and apply our upgrade's to that fuel pump. This way everyone knows they are getting the best product from BMW and from us.

We will have two customers cars running our fuel pumps in the coming weeks, both of them will be able to push the full potential of our Stage 1 and 2 fuel pumps.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Thanks,

John
    Actually we do not need more. We are running straight E85 at 725 WHP and our fuel trims are negative. Meaning the DME is pulling fuel out, we have figured out the fueling roadblock and moved past it. We have enough fuel for I am guessing 900-1000 WHP. So if you guys are going above that then yes go ahead and follow this guy. Not trying to start a war here, but this is the guy I reached out to who told me oh yeah, I can update your pump, no problem send it to me. Sent it out that day, can have it back to you in a week 2 at the most. Fast forward a month, no return calls, no return emails, his wife finally emails me back and they have not touched my pump. I say send it back. I get back the same box I sent unopened. Just do a little googling on HPFPupgrade and the guy behind the business before sending anything out. Not saying a tiger cant change his stripes, but when something happens over and over you get a little leary. Also if you search N54tech, he was posting very similar posts in 2009 yes thats 4 years ago making the same claims, he disappears for 4 years and is now back on the scene with the same claims, well we don't make claims. We make numbers and use them to prove that we have solutions. You guys can do what you will, just do a little research before you pull any triggers. That's my only advice.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

We let our products speak for themselfs. Currently our fuel pumps power:

Worlds Highest WHP MazdaSpeed 3
    Worlds Highest WHP Golf Type R
    Worlds Highest WHP GTI
    Worlds Highest WHP Audi A3
    Worlds Highest WHP Audi A4

Most of these cars have set the fastest times in the 1/4 mile as well.

Your information is incorrect, we have never had shady business practices or "scammed" anyone. I have heard the broken record for three + years now with not a single person ever coming forward with a legitimate scam or shady transaction. You would figure that one person wouldn't be that hard to find, LOL.

I will not deny we have been removed from forums, but its not because of business reasons. You are on the outside and looking in so you only get 1/2 the story.
    Just to clarify, by your fuel pumps, you mean the designs you stole from other companies and used as your own? Lets just be clear on all this from day one. If you have legit products I will welcome you with open arms. But my tiny dealing with you a couple months back was the epitome of a run around and bull$#@! on every level.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Thanks,

John
    We were told that the ST kits were still running the factory, unmodified fuel pump. Sounds like someone is lying. I guess it could be someone who hasn't been on the dyno yet and not Captain Insano's. I know that Georgiatech335coupe mentioned that he had something he was working on but wasn't going to post results until he was sure of the outcome.
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Tuned Cobb Stage 2+ | H&R / Koni Sport | BBS LM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JStang Click here to enlarge
    We were told that the ST kits were still running the factory, unmodified fuel pump. Sounds like someone is lying.
    The clash of two shady business characters will expose the truth.
    Last edited by E90Company; 04-30-2013 at 05:08 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yikes. I thought I'd never see the day.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Actually we do not need more. We are running straight E85 at 725 WHP and our fuel trims are negative. Meaning the DME is pulling fuel out, we have figured out the fueling roadblock and moved past it. We have enough fuel for I am guessing 900-1000 WHP. So if you guys are going above that then yes go ahead and follow this guy. Not trying to start a war here, but this is the guy I reached out to who told me oh yeah, I can update your pump, no problem send it to me. Sent it out that day, can have it back to you in a week 2 at the most. Fast forward a month, no return calls, no return emails, his wife finally emails me back and they have not touched my pump. I say send it back. I get back the same box I sent unopened. Just do a little googling on HPFPupgrade and the guy behind the business before sending anything out. Not saying a tiger cant change his stripes, but when something happens over and over you get a little leary. Also if you search N54tech, he was posting very similar posts in 2009 yes thats 4 years ago making the same claims, he disappears for 4 years and is now back on the scene with the same claims, well we don't make claims. We make numbers and use them to prove that we have solutions. You guys can do what you will, just do a little research before you pull any triggers. That's my only advice.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Just to clarify, by your fuel pumps, you mean the designs you stole from other companies and used as your own? Lets just be clear on all this from day one. If you have legit products I will welcome you with open arms. But my tiny dealing with you a couple months back was the epitome of a run around and bull$#@! on every level.
    Tony, not going to get into a who said she said online battle with you. You can try to slander our product, you can try to slander our name... we will let our products do the talking for us. Getting into vendor wars and making up false claims about a competitors products does nothing good for the community. At least customers have another option for fueling their cars.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

We were told that the ST kits were still running the factory, unmodified fuel pump. Sounds like someone is lying. I guess it could be someone who hasn't been on the dyno yet and not Captain Insano's. I know that Georgiatech335coupe mentioned that he had something he was working on but wasn't going to post results until he was sure of the outcome.
    I don't see where I stated anything about them running them, they will be setting new records with our fuel pumps. I don't know the customers forum names and I don't feel comfortable giving out there real names. If they want to post in here they can and let people know the results after they get the fuel pumps.

Thanks,

John

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

I don't see where I stated anything about them running them, they will be setting new records with our fuel pumps. I don't know the customers forum names and I don't feel comfortable giving out there real names. If they want to post in here they can and let people know the results after they get the fuel pumps.

Thanks,

John
    I misread the post. My bad!
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Tuned Cobb Stage 2+ | H&R / Koni Sport | BBS LM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Thanks,

John
    So lets get this straight, 2 ST customers, both running your upgraded pumps that should be setting records, yet in a community that basically nothing escapes anyone and everyone knows what projects are being done, you want us to believe there are 2 "secret" record breaking kits no one has heard about? Also, if you are only modifying the pump and nothing else. I know 100% for a FACT you are full of crap. The only way to get the fuel you need is by taking the multiple steps we do with the fuel system. Modifying the pump alone will do NOTHING to give you more fuel. Don't believe the hype guys, I honestly do not care if I sell more $499 upgrades, but don't get taken by this stuff. I know when I came on the scene some people claimed vaporware and some got behind me, but we have a legit long standing business in the turbocharger industry. In this instance. I would be very careful and let him prove all he is saying before you guys start sending him stuff. Because I can tell you right now, what he is saying is NOT correct, so believe him or believe someone who holds the WHP record with negative fuel trims. Your choice

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I misread the post. My bad!
    Not a problem, thank you for the correction.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

So lets get this straight, 2 ST customers, both running your upgraded pumps that should be setting records, yet in a community that basically nothing escapes anyone and everyone knows what projects are being done, you want us to believe there are 2 "secret" record breaking kits no one has heard about? Also, if you are only modifying the pump and nothing else. I know 100% for a FACT you are full of crap. The only way to get the fuel you need is by taking the multiple steps we do with the fuel system. Modifying the pump alone will do NOTHING to give you more fuel. Don't believe the hype guys, I honestly do not care if I sell more $499 upgrades, but don't get taken by this stuff. I know when I came on the scene some people claimed vaporware and some got behind me, but we have a legit long standing business in the turbocharger industry. In this instance. I would be very careful and let him prove all he is saying before you guys start sending him stuff. Because I can tell you right now, what he is saying is NOT correct, so believe him or believe someone who holds the WHP record with negative fuel trims. Your choice
    Tony, not going to get into a who said she said online battle with you. You can try to slander our product, you can try to slander our name... we will let our products do the talking for us. Getting into vendor wars and making up false claims about a competitors products does nothing good for the community. At least customers have another option for fueling their cars.

I understand you are looking out for the interests of the forums members, but even you have to think its a little odd that right after you talked with me and got your fuel pump back... all the sudden you have an upgrade? Again, we are not going to get into a bickering contest of he said she said, we will let the products speak for themselfs. You have set the standard, now we have to up the ante'.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

You have set the standard, now we have to up the ante'.

Email sent...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    You have set the standard, now we have to up the ante'.
    Up the ante? You have been saying you have this figured out since 2009, yet 2 weeks after we figure it out, you are going to up the ante? up the ante by? Stealing what we do and charging more then 500 bucks for 900 WHP worth of fuel? Telling people they need new injectors to get more fuel, when they dont? Taking in products and then not answering calls or emails? If this is upping the ante, whoo boy. We are in for some ante upping guys. Hey everyone, honestly do whatever you want, send this guy all your pumps, listen to him when he says you need better injectors, buy into all of it. Just don't be surprised if he is gone in 4 months and you are left with nothing to show for it. With that, welcome to the forums (again) 4 years later, same claims.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Up the ante? You have been saying you have this figured out since 2009, yet 2 weeks after we figure it out, you are going to up the ante? up the ante by? Stealing what we do and charging more then 500 bucks for 900 WHP worth of fuel? Telling people they need new injectors to get more fuel, when they dont? Taking in products and then not answering calls or emails? If this is upping the ante, whoo boy. We are in for some ante upping guys. Hey everyone, honestly do whatever you want, send this guy all your pumps, listen to him when he says you need better injectors, buy into all of it. Just don't be surprised if he is gone in 4 months and you are left with nothing to show for it. With that, welcome to the forums (again) 4 years later, same claims.
    no response yet to my email.. if he wants to send me the solution, ill put it to test. If not, o well, you will be receiving my pump and rail Tony lol..

I wont send anything to him until i get the parts. I have nothing to lose that way. We know your set up works T, and like i said.. as i havent received an email back yet, im losing interest in helping

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Let's the product & results speak for themselves..... Until then, it's just unsupported claims/

AND this goes for the Vargas HPFP Upgrade as well since we haven't seen any logs, but I'm confident that with all the work Tony has already accomplished that the data logs will be spotless & reinforce everything he's said thus far.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    You need more right? You don't want to run methanol? Not a problem.

14 months ago I took on the BMW fuel pump, injectors and in tank module in hopes to get a higher flowing system for you guys. After months of wrecking several fuel pumps and $1000's of dollars in cut apart injectors we finally have something that flows more fuel. We didn't put much effort into the in-tank upgrade because one was already done from a different vendor.

The injectors:

OMG!!! What was BMW thinking? You cannot pull them apart without damaging the dampener inside them (yes they have what appears to be a small fluid dampening unit inside the injectors). Not only this but they are reverse pintle design (seals on the cone side). We are still working on a way to open the injector and machine them but applying power to a spinning injector is turning out to be more difficult than we though. We are still working on a solution for bigger injectors, but more on this later.

The HPFP:

Wow, what a wonderful piece of artwork BMW gave us to work with. I am really surprised on the operating parameters of this pump and the pressures it can build based on the design. The first things we noticed are the restrictions in the pump cavity's. Some of them are so small its amazing it moves any volume at all. Next, the pump is RPM limited due to the light spring pressures for the piston and pressure chamber. Pump testing on the pump dyno proved to be more difficult than planned but after building an oil pre-pressure and fill chamber we finally had a working test stand to dyno fuel pumps with.

Now that you have some of the details of the parts I can share with you how we make them better.

The injectors can be machined but need to be opened in order to do the machine process. We are working on this and hope to have a solution before the end of summer.

The fuel pump we have a 18-20% higher flowing unit right now and have a 35-40% higher flowing unit planned end of summer. We tear down the fuel pump to its base items (custom tools were made to tear the pumps down). Every part is kept in a clean room so no dust, dirt or debris can get on or inside the pump. We start off with reworking the springs, not going to tell you which one's or how much additional we add but it will provide a more stable fuel pressure and extends the RPM band to 8,000 RPM. Then we start massaging the passages inside the fuel pump. We have found its possible to get 60% more flow out of the pump with to much port opening, problem being... idle quality and pressure control turn to crap. It took several fuel pumps to find how much .002 of a difference really made, LOL. Then we run the pumps on the pump dyno with the oil controlled pressure chamber (freaking really BMW?) pressurizing the pumping head on the HPFP. When we are all done with testing and machining a Stage 1 fuel pump... we have a pump that moves enough fuel to feed 600 WHP without methanol and a proper tune. Stage 2 fuel pumps, well... that is a different beast! We machine new pump pistons (all 3) and new pressure build chambers. Perform all the Stage 1 pump upgrades and you have a fuel pump that should supply 700 + WHP worth of fuel without methanol and a proper tune.

Now, before you guys start asking for pictures... understand we have a lot of R&D wrapped up into these fuel pumps. I don't want to leak any of the visual details of what we are doing to the competition, so keep that in mind. We are also keeping pricing in check, we don't see a need to gouge you guys for additional fuel or create competition from over pricing. All our fuel systems come with a modified fuel rail. This modification helps with the lean condition for 4-6 cylinders.

Every fuel pump we modify will be brand new. We do not want to risk getting a revision 3 or 4 fuel pump just to have it fail after we modify it. We start off with the latest revision from BMW and apply our upgrade's to that fuel pump. This way everyone knows they are getting the best product from BMW and from us.

We will have two customers cars running our fuel pumps in the coming weeks, both of them will be able to push the full potential of our Stage 1 and 2 fuel pumps.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Thanks,

John
    I like your approach. Dynoing the pump and long term testing is needed to ensure the longevity. It is good to see that you address the springs in addition to the HPFP passages.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast