Close

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Fuel...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ShooterMcSkeet Click here to enlarge
    John wouldn't warranty or refund my pump that HE assembled, or even take it back to inspect before warranty. I gave him video and data logs, but he kept asking for new types of tests until there was testing that I didn't have the means to do and then wouldn't work with me any farther. The Autotech internals that replaced his scarred up junk are still working to this day in the same pump housing. So much for his excuse that my car caused his internals to fail.

John will never be truthful (either that or he can't keep his customers straight) so he will never leave the forum on his own.
    PM sent. You sound familiar and I want to say that this was a fuel pump you bought from another member but couldn't provide me with an invoice or name of the original purchaser. No matter, I sent a PM requesting a few things.

Thanks,

John

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ShooterMcSkeet Click here to enlarge
    John wouldn't warranty or refund my pump that HE assembled, or even take it back to inspect before warranty. I gave him video and data logs, but he kept asking for new types of tests until there was testing that I didn't have the means to do and then wouldn't work with me any farther. The Autotech internals that replaced his scarred up junk are still working to this day in the same pump housing. So much for his excuse that my car caused his internals to fail.

John will never be truthful (either that or he can't keep his customers straight) so he will never leave the forum on his own.
    can you show any purchase orders/receipts/email traffic?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    can you show any purchase orders/receipts/email traffic?
    I sent him a PM, no reason to bring any more drama to this thread, LOL!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Is there any chance of having some mid grade upgraded pump DIY publicized? I'm not sure what is required or what VTT had done, honestly I've never even looked at the pump in this detail as there was never much of a care until recently. But if I did and found I can drill out an orifice here or there with a $10 drill bit I'd just say here is what you do and call it a day. Kind of like Terry with the LPFP do it yourself, tossed out a couple options and now probably hundreds of people have done it mostly with good success. It does sound like John has more into his product and some parts have been swapped which presumable cost some time and $$ into R&D, some recoupment makes sense. At the end of the day, if it can be modded with standard tooling and is a 3 hour fix it really should just be shared IMO.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry to interrupt However the whole time I was reading this thread (read from page 1 to page 14 all at once) I was picturing about 7 guys in a room yelling at each other. It has been very entertaining. Thanks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo Click here to enlarge
    Is there any chance of having some mid grade upgraded pump DIY publicized? I'm not sure what is required or what VTT had done, honestly I've never even looked at the pump in this detail as there was never much of a care until recently. But if I did and found I can drill out an orifice here or there with a $10 drill bit I'd just say here is what you do and call it a day. Kind of like Terry with the LPFP do it yourself, tossed out a couple options and now probably hundreds of people have done it mostly with good success. It does sound like John has more into his product and some parts have been swapped which presumable cost some time and $$ into R&D, some recoupment makes sense. At the end of the day, if it can be modded with standard tooling and is a 3 hour fix it really should just be shared IMO.
    I wish it was that easy. The fuel rail I think anyone could do and that is where you are going to see impressive gains. The fuel pump has to be torn all the way down to do the work we do, there are special tools and everything has to be kept super clean. There is a special ball seat that we have to install because of the larger passages that we mill out. You have to buy 100 of them at a time and the install requires custom tooling (comes with the 100 ball seals) to install them.

The S2 pump will not be possible to do without CNC equipment.

Also note that if you break a drill off in the fuel rail, its garbage (been there done that). This is why I highly recommend getting the work done at a shop that has the tools and experience in GDI.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JHOOPS2 Click here to enlarge
    Sorry to interrupt However the whole time I was reading this thread (read from page 1 to page 14 all at once) I was picturing about 7 guys in a room yelling at each other. It has been very entertaining. Thanks!
    Anything to help you through your day!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

This whole thread is turning weird.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge
    This whole thread is turning weird.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

updates?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

fuel.....................

it does a car good...
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    so, i guess there are no logs to show anyone's HPFP and rails work then?
    I'm afraid you are correct. I guess there is no demand for these upgrades and consequently no one can log a product that they don't have?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I have logs pre vargas upgrade and post vargas upgrade but my power levels are not as demanding as the RB/stage2 cars at the moment. The proof will be when I get the nitrous flowing next week and my power levels are roughly 525/550 ish, my old logs will show my hpfp falling on its face and the new logs should reflect the improvements. I will say that there are still some very small dips in the mid range that I wish were not there but they are brief and recover extremely fast.
    SYVECS Standalone l Motiv Port Injection with Fuel It Stage 3 LPFP l MFactory LSD l CFS Racing Radiator l m3 front and rear control arms l ST Coilover System Vargas Stage 2+ Fully Upgraded Turbos l Vargas Inlet System l VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade v1 l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes l Apex AERO-7 Lightweight Wheels l Toyo R888s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Njz Click here to enlarge
    I have logs pre vargas upgrade and post vargas upgrade but my power levels are not as demanding as the RB/stage2 cars at the moment. The proof will be when I get the nitrous flowing next week and my power levels are roughly 525/550 ish, my old logs will show my hpfp falling on its face and the new logs should reflect the improvements. I will say that there are still some very small dips in the mid range that I wish were not there but they are brief and recover extremely fast.
    Updates?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...930#post461930 update thread is here. I toss in how things are going for time to time and what projects are on the burner atm.
    SYVECS Standalone l Motiv Port Injection with Fuel It Stage 3 LPFP l MFactory LSD l CFS Racing Radiator l m3 front and rear control arms l ST Coilover System Vargas Stage 2+ Fully Upgraded Turbos l Vargas Inlet System l VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade v1 l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes l Apex AERO-7 Lightweight Wheels l Toyo R888s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Njz Click here to enlarge
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...930#post461930 update thread is here. I toss in how things are going for time to time and what projects are on the burner atm.
    Thank you sir!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    soooo any updates @hpfpupgrade ?
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Please start a new thread with any updates.
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by uniter Click here to enlarge
    Please start a new thread with any updates.
    well they haven't logged in since the 16th... which is surprising when they apparently have a product ready to sell...
    boop

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314