Close

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Results 326 to 344 of 344

Thread: Fuel...

  1. #326
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    130
    Rep Points
    167.9
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ShooterMcSkeet Click here to enlarge
    John wouldn't warranty or refund my pump that HE assembled, or even take it back to inspect before warranty. I gave him video and data logs, but he kept asking for new types of tests until there was testing that I didn't have the means to do and then wouldn't work with me any farther. The Autotech internals that replaced his scarred up junk are still working to this day in the same pump housing. So much for his excuse that my car caused his internals to fail.

    John will never be truthful (either that or he can't keep his customers straight) so he will never leave the forum on his own.
    PM sent. You sound familiar and I want to say that this was a fuel pump you bought from another member but couldn't provide me with an invoice or name of the original purchaser. No matter, I sent a PM requesting a few things.

    Thanks,

    John

  2. #327
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ShooterMcSkeet Click here to enlarge
    John wouldn't warranty or refund my pump that HE assembled, or even take it back to inspect before warranty. I gave him video and data logs, but he kept asking for new types of tests until there was testing that I didn't have the means to do and then wouldn't work with me any farther. The Autotech internals that replaced his scarred up junk are still working to this day in the same pump housing. So much for his excuse that my car caused his internals to fail.

    John will never be truthful (either that or he can't keep his customers straight) so he will never leave the forum on his own.
    can you show any purchase orders/receipts/email traffic?

  3. #328
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    130
    Rep Points
    167.9
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    can you show any purchase orders/receipts/email traffic?
    I sent him a PM, no reason to bring any more drama to this thread, LOL!

  4. #329
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Midwest USA
    Posts
    1,112
    Rep Points
    2,366.7
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Is there any chance of having some mid grade upgraded pump DIY publicized? I'm not sure what is required or what VTT had done, honestly I've never even looked at the pump in this detail as there was never much of a care until recently. But if I did and found I can drill out an orifice here or there with a $10 drill bit I'd just say here is what you do and call it a day. Kind of like Terry with the LPFP do it yourself, tossed out a couple options and now probably hundreds of people have done it mostly with good success. It does sound like John has more into his product and some parts have been swapped which presumable cost some time and $$ into R&D, some recoupment makes sense. At the end of the day, if it can be modded with standard tooling and is a 3 hour fix it really should just be shared IMO.

  5. #330
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    81
    Rep Points
    71.7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Sorry to interrupt However the whole time I was reading this thread (read from page 1 to page 14 all at once) I was picturing about 7 guys in a room yelling at each other. It has been very entertaining. Thanks!

  6. #331
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    130
    Rep Points
    167.9
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo Click here to enlarge
    Is there any chance of having some mid grade upgraded pump DIY publicized? I'm not sure what is required or what VTT had done, honestly I've never even looked at the pump in this detail as there was never much of a care until recently. But if I did and found I can drill out an orifice here or there with a $10 drill bit I'd just say here is what you do and call it a day. Kind of like Terry with the LPFP do it yourself, tossed out a couple options and now probably hundreds of people have done it mostly with good success. It does sound like John has more into his product and some parts have been swapped which presumable cost some time and $$ into R&D, some recoupment makes sense. At the end of the day, if it can be modded with standard tooling and is a 3 hour fix it really should just be shared IMO.
    I wish it was that easy. The fuel rail I think anyone could do and that is where you are going to see impressive gains. The fuel pump has to be torn all the way down to do the work we do, there are special tools and everything has to be kept super clean. There is a special ball seat that we have to install because of the larger passages that we mill out. You have to buy 100 of them at a time and the install requires custom tooling (comes with the 100 ball seals) to install them.

    The S2 pump will not be possible to do without CNC equipment.

    Also note that if you break a drill off in the fuel rail, its garbage (been there done that). This is why I highly recommend getting the work done at a shop that has the tools and experience in GDI.

  7. #332
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    130
    Rep Points
    167.9
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JHOOPS2 Click here to enlarge
    Sorry to interrupt However the whole time I was reading this thread (read from page 1 to page 14 all at once) I was picturing about 7 guys in a room yelling at each other. It has been very entertaining. Thanks!
    Anything to help you through your day!

  8. #333
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Valley Stream NY
    Posts
    3,299
    Rep Points
    2,757.0
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28


    Reputation: Yes | No
    This whole thread is turning weird.

  9. #334
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,699
    Rep Points
    31,533.4
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge
    This whole thread is turning weird.
    Click here to enlarge

  10. #335
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    updates?

  11. #336
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,958
    Rep Points
    2,641.0
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27


    Reputation: Yes | No
    fuel.....................



    it does a car good...
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

  12. #337
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,914
    Rep Points
    1,353.5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    so, i guess there are no logs to show anyone's HPFP and rails work then?
    I'm afraid you are correct. I guess there is no demand for these upgrades and consequently no one can log a product that they don't have?

  13. #338
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NJ...For now
    Posts
    524
    Rep Points
    1,521.5
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I have logs pre vargas upgrade and post vargas upgrade but my power levels are not as demanding as the RB/stage2 cars at the moment. The proof will be when I get the nitrous flowing next week and my power levels are roughly 525/550 ish, my old logs will show my hpfp falling on its face and the new logs should reflect the improvements. I will say that there are still some very small dips in the mid range that I wish were not there but they are brief and recover extremely fast.
    SYVECS Standalone l Motiv Port Injection with Fuel It Stage 3 LPFP l MFactory LSD l CFS Racing Radiator l m3 front and rear control arms l ST Coilover System Vargas Stage 2+ Fully Upgraded Turbos l Vargas Inlet System l VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade v1 l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes l Apex AERO-7 Lightweight Wheels l Toyo R888s



  14. #339
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    331
    Rep Points
    0.1
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Njz Click here to enlarge
    I have logs pre vargas upgrade and post vargas upgrade but my power levels are not as demanding as the RB/stage2 cars at the moment. The proof will be when I get the nitrous flowing next week and my power levels are roughly 525/550 ish, my old logs will show my hpfp falling on its face and the new logs should reflect the improvements. I will say that there are still some very small dips in the mid range that I wish were not there but they are brief and recover extremely fast.
    Updates?

  15. #340
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NJ...For now
    Posts
    524
    Rep Points
    1,521.5
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Reputation: Yes | No
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...930#post461930 update thread is here. I toss in how things are going for time to time and what projects are on the burner atm.
    SYVECS Standalone l Motiv Port Injection with Fuel It Stage 3 LPFP l MFactory LSD l CFS Racing Radiator l m3 front and rear control arms l ST Coilover System Vargas Stage 2+ Fully Upgraded Turbos l Vargas Inlet System l VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade v1 l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes l Apex AERO-7 Lightweight Wheels l Toyo R888s



  16. #341
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    331
    Rep Points
    0.1
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Njz Click here to enlarge
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...930#post461930 update thread is here. I toss in how things are going for time to time and what projects are on the burner atm.
    Thank you sir!

  17. #342
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,268
    Rep Points
    1,418.2
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    soooo any updates @hpfpupgrade ?
    boop

  18. #343
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    644
    Rep Points
    684.9
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Please start a new thread with any updates.
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

  19. #344
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,268
    Rep Points
    1,418.2
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by uniter Click here to enlarge
    Please start a new thread with any updates.
    well they haven't logged in since the 16th... which is surprising when they apparently have a product ready to sell...
    boop

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •