Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Maximum Psi E46 M3 Stage 2 on MS109 Speedo Pulls

Saw this on my FB feed and thought it was pretty cool.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am going to stop by Maximum PSI when I am in town. Want to see what this is all about.
    Honda CBR 1000RR, Superbike Supply, Arrow, HRC, BMC, Lee's Cycle, Galfer, EBC, Revzilla, AXO, Dainese, Scorpion Helmets

Honda Grom, most fun you'll ever have on 2 wheels.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Holy $#@!!

Thing is breaking loose in 3rd still! hahahahaha that's good $#@!!
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)

I need an E46 M3

For anyone wondering, Stage 2 simply means their Stage 1/Stock Motor Kit with a Fueling Upgrade. Stage 3 will be their built motor kit.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Can't wait to have my kit Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Oh my.

NickG has gotten my attention again with this trick! I am really interested in being able to switch between 93 / E85 on the fly, and it looks like he has ideas for that too..unfortunately I have a 330 with the MS45 DME, so not sure if he can work the same magic. :-/

-Matt

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mdrobnak Click here to enlarge
    Oh my.

NickG has gotten my attention again with this trick! I am really interested in being able to switch between 93 / E85 on the fly, and it looks like he has ideas for that too..unfortunately I have a 330 with the MS45 DME, so not sure if he can work the same magic. :-/

-Matt
    Unless your 330 has an S54 in it, not sure this would be a simple install & tune
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Unless your 330 has an S54 in it, not sure this would be a simple install & tune
    I believe he tunes his TechniqueTuning turbo kits on the stock DME for the M54 doesn't he?
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by folgrz Click here to enlarge
    I believe he tunes his TechniqueTuning turbo kits on the stock DME for the M54 doesn't he?
    Oops, thought I replied.

Yes, it is like that. I am looking into the feasibility of swapping in the S54 DME. Nick got back to me and let me know that it would be a bit of work to make the dual-map code work on the MS45 DME, and thus not on his radar.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just buy an M3 get it over with Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin Click here to enlarge
    Just buy an M3 get it over with Click here to enlarge
    The thought has crossed my mind!

It comes down to knowing the current state of the vehicle I have, vs potentially starting over in terms of issues with a new vehicle.

That, and as I understand it the ride of the M3 is much harsher then 330 w/ sport suspension. (I have not driven an E46 M3 personally.)

-Matt

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am really interested in being able to switch between 93 / E85 on the fly
    How are you going to switch between 93 / E85 on the fly?
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Man this looks awesome, definitely the real deal. Good for all involved, seriously.

The only issue seems to be traction!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    How are you going to switch between 93 / E85 on the fly?
    I'm going to take a wild guess and say that the Ethanol Content gauge isn't just for show, and Nick's using it as a lamba target scaler.

-Matt

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm going to take a wild guess and say that the Ethanol Content gauge isn't just for show, and Nick's using it as a lamba target scaler.

-Matt
    Ok but how does this mean the maps will be switched on the fly?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Ok but how does this mean the maps will be switched on the fly?
    Ohh...Oops. There's another video - they've got 93 / 105 switching NOW via the sport button!

-Matt

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ohh...Oops. There's another video - they've got 93 / 105 switching NOW via the sport button!

-Matt
    Via the sport button is trick wonder how they did that. You sure it's on the fly?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Absolutely incredible work with the stock DME. I'm blown away.

So I guess the button tells the boost controller to up the boost but not sure what they are sending to the ECU.

Ok I see, two different ignition maps?

Man this is such great work. Sucks it took over a decade to get but the E46 M3 just becomes more awesome.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Indeed. Hence why I am willing to put the S54 DME in my car if it's possible. I remember everyone used to say that because it was so hard to control there were no options. Stand-alone was a necessity. Seems Nick is proving them wrong. Click here to enlarge

Edit: I assume he changed "sport" to be "enable alternate igntion + fuel map" on the DME and using some sort of GPIO pin to send a signal to the boost controller to up the boost.

-Matt

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    sick

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Very cool approach!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    To clarify things, there is a difference between the 'map switching' and 'flex fuel/E85' option of these turbo kits. The 'first' Stage2 option of this kit is the map switching version for use with MS109 fuel; let's call this option "Stage2-MS109". With this setup, the driver has the option to run the vehicle with either regular 91/93 octane unleaded, or, run the tank till empty and fill up with MS109 unleaded fuel. When filling up with the MS109 fuel, the driver turns on the 'safety switch' and then presses the SPORT button. The ECU now switches its maps and runs values more appropriate for the MS109 fuel. The ECU also sends a signal to the Eboost boost controller, putting it into a higher boost setting (targeting 17-18psi).

The next stage2 option will be for use with ethanol fuels; let's call it "Stage2-E85". This option will incorporate an ethanol content sensor with the factory ECU. The ECU will detect the amount of ethanol in the fuel, and automatically compensate the tuning for it (both fuel and spark). This will allow the driver to use ANY fuel desired, from E0 to E100, without making any changes or software/switch intervention. A custom boost controller will be used to limit the amount of boost allowed based on the ethanol content. Basically, the higher the ethanol content, the higher the allowed boost. As an example, it won't let you run 17psi of boost if the fuel is only 10% ethanol.

Then of course, there will be the built engine Stage3 setup, most likely followed by either an MS109 or E85 fueled built engine, all on the factory DME hardware. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by NickG Click here to enlarge
    To clarify things, there is a difference between the 'map switching' and 'flex fuel/E85' option of these turbo kits. The 'first' Stage2 option of this kit is the map switching version for use with MS109 fuel; let's call this option "Stage2-MS109". With this setup, the driver has the option to run the vehicle with either regular 91/93 octane unleaded, or, run the tank till empty and fill up with MS109 unleaded fuel. When filling up with the MS109 fuel, the driver turns on the 'safety switch' and then presses the SPORT button. The ECU now switches its maps and runs values more appropriate for the MS109 fuel. The ECU also sends a signal to the Eboost boost controller, putting it into a higher boost setting (targeting 17-18psi).

The next stage2 option will be for use with ethanol fuels; let's call it "Stage2-E85". This option will incorporate an ethanol content sensor with the factory ECU. The ECU will detect the amount of ethanol in the fuel, and automatically compensate the tuning for it (both fuel and spark). This will allow the driver to use ANY fuel desired, from E0 to E100, without making any changes or software/switch intervention. A custom boost controller will be used to limit the amount of boost allowed based on the ethanol content. Basically, the higher the ethanol content, the higher the allowed boost. As an example, it won't let you run 17psi of boost if the fuel is only 10% ethanol.

Then of course, there will be the built engine Stage3 setup, most likely followed by either an MS109 or E85 fueled built engine, all on the factory DME hardware. Click here to enlarge
    THIS

IS

GODLIKE
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by NickG Click here to enlarge

I don't even know what to say, respect.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast