Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Radiator drain plug/sleeve question

Little embarresed asking this question but need clarification LOL!!

When replacing the radiator drain plug - the whole piece (Blue plug & black sleeve), not just the blue plug - does it click once or twice? I installed one about 2 weeks ago, put it in the slots and turned it so it clicked once and the piece on the outside (2 plastic like wings) lined up with the stopper. Is this correct? I just need clarification because I've developed a very small leak on the corner where the drain plug is but the leak appears to come from the bottom corner of the radiator (maybe just blowing up?)...when the car sits, there's a little bit of fluid under it so I am thinking maybe end tank is cracked?.
    I understand when you take the drain plug out it's trash as you have to break the tabs to get it out wich is why I installed a new one, but I've heard some people say they've turned it until it clicked twice and I don't want to do that if that's not right and risk breaking the plug.

This is the dumbest design of a drain plug I've seen...

Click here to enlarge
    JB4 G5, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR Dps, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid subframe bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    When I was replacing my front bumper a few months ago I noticed a leak in the same spot and the dealer ended up just replacing the radiator under warranty.. Wouldn't be surprised if it was cracked, mine was.
    08 328i, totaled by women driver
    07 335i, lots of mods.
    Now- 14 Focus ST
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mikolo-n54 Click here to enlarge
    When I was replacing my front bumper a few months ago I noticed a leak in the same spot and the dealer ended up just replacing the radiator under warranty.. Wouldn't be surprised if it was cracked, mine was.
    I am thinking the same.
    JB4 G5, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR Dps, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid subframe bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295