Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 32 of 32
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The world...
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Points
    1,202.2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Reputation: Yes | No
    This is one of those situations where weight truly kills the performance of a car. There is something to be said for a car this heavy hitting 104 MPH traps but that is still stock 335i performance. IMHO, fast/sport SUVs are just a bad invention... it truly is a counteracting effect.
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

    N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    35
    Rep Points
    69.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I have to disagree with your belief that fast SUVs are a bad idea. I have 2 kids. That means 95% of the time, I am in the X5. So why not make it as fast and fun as I can. The Mustang is not practical for everyday and requires too much maintenance to drive everyday.

    It's just a change in life that created the need for a fast SUV for me. I am pretty sure there is a S65 Mercedes in the near future. I just need to save up the $$. I know that someone will tell that a Luxo barge should not be at the track. It's just different strokes for different folks.

    It is pretty amazing that a 5200lb brick gets down the the track in low 13's at 104. It is making some decent power. :-)

    I just love fast vehicles of all kinds. I am old enough to remember when any import got grief at the track.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,076
    Rep Points
    31,288.5
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    IMHO, fast/sport SUVs are just a bad invention... it truly is a counteracting effect.
    They are awesome... it's a fast truck.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,076
    Rep Points
    31,288.5
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Brian425 Click here to enlarge
    I have to disagree with your belief that fast SUVs are a bad idea. I have 2 kids. That means 95% of the time, I am in the X5. So why not make it as fast and fun as I can. The Mustang is not practical for everyday and requires too much maintenance to drive everyday.

    It's just a change in life that created the need for a fast SUV for me. I am pretty sure there is a S65 Mercedes in the near future. I just need to save up the $$. I know that someone will tell that a Luxo barge should not be at the track. It's just different strokes for different folks.

    It is pretty amazing that a 5200lb brick gets down the the track in low 13's at 104. It is making some decent power. :-)

    I just love fast vehicles of all kinds. I am old enough to remember when any import got grief at the track.
    Agree with you 110%
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The world...
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Points
    1,202.2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Brian425 Click here to enlarge
    I have to disagree with your belief that fast SUVs are a bad idea. I have 2 kids. That means 95% of the time, I am in the X5. So why not make it as fast and fun as I can. The Mustang is not practical for everyday and requires too much maintenance to drive everyday.

    It's just a change in life that created the need for a fast SUV for me. I am pretty sure there is a S65 Mercedes in the near future. I just need to save up the $$. I know that someone will tell that a Luxo barge should not be at the track. It's just different strokes for different folks.

    It is pretty amazing that a 5200lb brick gets down the the track in low 13's at 104. It is making some decent power. :-)

    I just love fast vehicles of all kinds. I am old enough to remember when any import got grief at the track.
    I guess what hurts me the most is the idea that if this wasn't an SUV and it was making similar power... it would be so much better in every way in terms of performance. Handling would be better as well as acceleration due to the weight and CG differences. Yes, I understand what you are saying but in the end an SUV is still and will always be an SUV. This sadly, was one of the downfalls of BMW M...
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

    N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    35
    Rep Points
    69.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    I guess what hurts me the most is the idea that if this wasn't an SUV and it was making similar power... it would be so much better in every way in terms of performance. Handling would be better as well as acceleration due to the weight and CG differences. Yes, I understand what you are saying but in the end an SUV is still and will always be an SUV. This sadly, was one of the downfalls of BMW M...
    Everything you said is true.

    But if it was not an SUV, it could not load up the PW50 and CR50 in the back. It could not be loaded to the roof with Costco shopping, or carry hockey equipment or.......

    Please do not force me to live with boring utilitarian vehicles. I need a little fun and the ability to haul stuff.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    18
    Rep Points
    39.7
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    SUV's are all going to be what they are. I have owned a ton of different vehicle's. Each one serves its own purpose. If you want just a regular SUV than go buy a Kia, GMC, etc. I had a Escalade before that, I hated it. I took it around a corner one day and about slid that big guy off the road. I drove that X5 and that was it. It handles damn well for what it is, I have no problems in the mountains doing 90 around them. And off road it is also great. If you want a SUV that is fun to drive and has power, that is what this is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •