Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

The world and the banking system is one giant rigged game?

Interesting read here. I don't even know how I missed the Libor Scandal:

Click here to enlarge

By Matt Taibbi
    April 25, 2013 1:00 PM ET

Conspiracy theorists of the world, believers in the hidden hands of the Rothschilds and the Masons and the Illuminati, we skeptics owe you an apology. You were right. The players may be a little different, but your basic premise is correct: The world is a rigged game. We found this out in recent months, when a series of related corruption stories spilled out of the financial sector, suggesting the world's largest banks may be fixing the prices of, well, just about everything.

You may have heard of the Libor scandal, in which at least three – and perhaps as many as 16 – of the name-brand too-big-to-fail banks have been manipulating global interest rates, in the process messing around with the prices of upward of $500 trillion (that's trillion, with a "t") worth of financial instruments. When that sprawling con burst into public view last year, it was easily the biggest financial scandal in history – MIT professor Andrew Lo even said it "dwarfs by orders of magnitude any financial scam in the history of markets."

That was bad enough, but now Libor may have a twin brother. Word has leaked out that the London-based firm ICAP, the world's largest broker of interest-rate swaps, is being investigated by American authorities for behavior that sounds eerily reminiscent of the Libor mess. Regulators are looking into whether or not a small group of brokers at ICAP may have worked with up to 15 of the world's largest banks to manipulate ISDAfix, a benchmark number used around the world to calculate the prices of interest-rate swaps.

Interest-rate swaps are a tool used by big cities, major corporations and sovereign governments to manage their debt, and the scale of their use is almost unimaginably massive. It's about a $379 trillion market, meaning that any manipulation would affect a pile of assets about 100 times the size of the United States federal budget.

It should surprise no one that among the players implicated in this scheme to fix the prices of interest-rate swaps are the same megabanks – including Barclays, UBS, Bank of America, JPMorgan Chase and the Royal Bank of Scotland – that serve on the Libor panel that sets global interest rates. In fact, in recent years many of these banks have already paid multimillion-dollar settlements for anti-competitive manipulation of one form or another (in addition to Libor, some were caught up in an anti-competitive scheme, detailed in Rolling Stone last year, to rig municipal-debt service auctions). Though the jumble of financial acronyms sounds like gibberish to the layperson, the fact that there may now be price-fixing scandals involving both Libor and ISDAfix suggests a single, giant mushrooming conspiracy of collusion and price-fixing hovering under the ostensibly competitive veneer of Wall Street culture.

The Scam Wall Street Learned From the Mafia

Why? Because Libor already affects the prices of interest-rate swaps, making this a manipulation-on-manipulation situation. If the allegations prove to be right, that will mean that swap customers have been paying for two different layers of price-fixing corruption. If you can imagine paying 20 bucks for a crappy PB&J because some evil cabal of agribusiness companies colluded to fix the prices of both peanuts and peanut butter, you come close to grasping the lunacy of financial markets where both interest rates and interest-rate swaps are being manipulated at the same time, often by the same banks.

"It's a double conspiracy," says an amazed Michael Greenberger, a former director of the trading and markets division at the Commodity Futures Trading Commission and now a professor at the University of Maryland. "It's the height of criminality."

The bad news didn't stop with swaps and interest rates. In March, it also came out that two regulators – the CFTC here in the U.S. and the Madrid-based International Organization of Securities Commissions – were spurred by the Libor revelations to investigate the possibility of collusive manipulation of gold and silver prices. "Given the clubby manipulation efforts we saw in Libor benchmarks, I assume other benchmarks – many other benchmarks – are legit areas of inquiry," CFTC Commissioner Bart Chilton said.

But the biggest shock came out of a federal courtroom at the end of March – though if you follow these matters closely, it may not have been so shocking at all – when a landmark class-action civil lawsuit against the banks for Libor-related offenses was dismissed. In that case, a federal judge accepted the banker-defendants' incredible argument: If cities and towns and other investors lost money because of Libor manipulation, that was their own fault for ever thinking the banks were competing in the first place.

"A farce," was one antitrust lawyer's response to the eyebrow-raising dismissal.

"Incredible," says Sylvia Sokol, an attorney for Constantine Cannon, a firm that specializes in antitrust cases.

All of these stories collectively pointed to the same thing: These banks, which already possess enormous power just by virtue of their financial holdings – in the United States, the top six banks, many of them the same names you see on the Libor and ISDAfix panels, own assets equivalent to 60 percent of the nation's GDP – are beginning to realize the awesome possibilities for increased profit and political might that would come with colluding instead of competing. Moreover, it's increasingly clear that both the criminal justice system and the civil courts may be impotent to stop them, even when they do get caught working together to game the system.

If true, that would leave us living in an era of undisguised, real-world conspiracy, in which the prices of currencies, commodities like gold and silver, even interest rates and the value of money itself, can be and may already have been dictated from above. And those who are doing it can get away with it. Forget the Illuminati – this is the real thing, and it's no secret. You can stare right at it, anytime you want.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...#ixzz2RWGtVXMy
    Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes it is
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well them playing god with $500 trillion which could sink the planet at any time is a bit unnerving.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Well them playing god with $500 trillion which could sink the planet at any time is a bit unnerving.
    Just wait until they decide to get rid of paper money all together. I know I will not be getting a chip implanted in me when the time comes. They will force it on everyone, and anyone who will not get it will be thrown in person. It's coming.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    i was watching that again last week actually

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    i was watching that again last week actually

Yea they did a good job on that vid.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's time for another revolution.
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The world needs redistribution of wealth. Then , when I have spent mine, redistribute it again.
    Click here to enlarge
    335i ~ JB4 ~ BMS ~ DCI ~ Active Autowerks CP & BOV ~ Borla Catback Exhaust

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This Libor scandal was big in the financial press, but the news media doesn't like to cover geeky, wonk stuff, so it faded out pretty quick. If one rogue employee did this, the news media would have hammer the person, but since it was institutional as a practice, not much has happened other then don't do it again.

This lending rate under pins almost all debt pricing and the corp elite tried to manipulate the basis. Shouldn't undermining capitalism and the free markets be criminal?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just wait until they decide to get rid of paper money all together. I know I will not be getting a chip implanted in me when the time comes. They will force it on everyone, and anyone who will not get it will be thrown in person. It's coming.
    (prison)

Yeah I wont get it neither. Its the Mark of the Beast!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by keikdasneak Click here to enlarge
    (prison)

Yeah I wont get it neither. Its the Mark of the Beast!
    I was posting via phone while sleepy.. Maybe?

Correct

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Would you gentlemen be interested in diverting your car funds into my new project: "Uniter's Libertarian Taxless Island of Wealth and Personal Freedom" ?

For every bitcoin I secure I will grant one square foot of future land on my Libertarian Taxless Island of Wealth and Personal Freedom.
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Illuminati. Anyone who does not believe can laugh all day at me - that's fine. Once you know the truth, it will change you. This modern world is more corrupt than its ever been. The advancement of technlogy has been the greatest tool for Satan in controlling the world the way he does nowadays (Mass Media, Politics).

Your only Salvation is doing some research, accepting the truth for what it is, and highly encourage you to read the world of god. He will open the door, all you just have to do is call his name.

By the way, if you are interested in learning more about this stuff, youtube has great videos with facts created by people who know the truth, it will be hard to deny yourself the truth, unless you are too far gone. Search for the bohemian grove, illuminati media, and related videos (Michael Jackson's death is a good one). Trust me, once you accept the truth and are blinded no more, you will never be the same person again. Wickedness every where........
    John 3:16

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    Illuminati. Anyone who does not believe can laugh all day at me - that's fine. Once you know the truth, it will change you. This modern world is more corrupt than its ever been. The advancement of technlogy has been the greatest tool for Satan in controlling the world the way he does nowadays (Mass Media, Politics).

Your only Salvation is doing some research, accepting the truth for what it is, and highly encourage you to read the world of god. He will open the door, all you just have to do is call his name.

By the way, if you are interested in learning more about this stuff, youtube has great videos with facts created by people who know the truth, it will be hard to deny yourself the truth, unless you are too far gone. Search for the bohemian grove, illuminati media, and related videos (Michael Jackson's death is a good one). Trust me, once you accept the truth and are blinded no more, you will never be the same person again. Wickedness every where........
    +1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    wtf does the illumunati and MJ's death have anything to do with each other?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    It's time for another revolution.
    Interesting how this next time it will be against the banks and not a government, dictator, or for nationalistic reasons.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge

If youtube holds the keys to knowledge they would just remove those videos...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    wtf does the illumunati and MJ's death have anything to do with each other?
    This has to come from an elite power, no one man can do this:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I don't think you even need to be a conspiracy theorist to know how the world and it's banking system operate.

Just look at the all taxes we pay; what exactly do we receive for all that money we give our governments -- 30-50% of our income + property taxes + vehicle taxes + taxes on everything we buy + tax on services + extortionate taxes on things that are 'bad' for us + healthcare insurance + 'fees' etc etc.

Yet we all blindly pay for it, over and over again. We are cattle. The cost of being human is massively beyond what it should be.
    ~

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigup Click here to enlarge
    I don't think you even need to be a conspiracy theorist to know how the world and it's banking system operate.

Just look at the all taxes we pay; what exactly do we receive for all that money we give our governments -- 30-50% of our income + property taxes + vehicle taxes + taxes on everything we buy + tax on services + extortionate taxes on things that are 'bad' for us + healthcare insurance + 'fees' etc etc.

Yet we all blindly pay for it, over and over again. We are cattle. The cost of being human is massively beyond what it should be.
    The alternative is to be a bum or move somewhere else where the taxes aren't to this level.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The alternative is to be a bum or move somewhere else where the taxes aren't to this level.
    We shouldn't have to move away from the problem. We as people need to stop being raped by governments, banks and big corporations. How? I've no idea, and as long as the majority of the population are blind to reality, it's only going to get worse.

It's a really sad prospect, but If they taxed the air we breathe tomorrow, most people would put up and shut up.

I think the tax situation here in Canada is even more out of control, I mean, imagine paying $30 for 12 small import beers. We do.
    ~

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We shouldn't have to move away from the problem. We as people need to stop being raped by governments, banks and big corporations. How? I've no idea, and as long as the majority of the population are blind to reality, it's only going to get worse.
    Agreed but trying to get people to do something about it is impossible so moving is really the only legitimate thing one can do until the whole thing collapses and people come for their heads. Or it doesn't collapse and they just keep taking more and more wealth and this is perpetual. It's likely way too late.

I think the tax situation here in Canada is even more out of control, I mean, imagine paying $30 for 12 small import beers. We do.
    $30 for 12 beers?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Best video ever, more people need to see it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The problem would be solved if everyone stopped paying their taxes. What are they going to do? Without our money they have no power. And boycott the manipulating corrupted media. But who is going to do this? Nobody!!! Everybody is far too gone. Their agenda is progressing without any hiccups. Sad!!, but thankfully we are just living a temporary life. Judgement day will come eventually for all.
    John 3:16

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast