Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    what dyno did was used @Njz ?
    Dynomite, Garth assured me that while its not a heartbreaker dyno it does typically read lower than a dynojet. @undercover please confirm.
    Last edited by Njz; 05-01-2013 at 12:17 PM.
    SYVECS Standalone l Motiv Port Injection with Fuel It Stage 3 LPFP l MFactory LSD l CFS Racing Radiator l m3 front and rear control arms l ST Coilover System Vargas Stage 2+ Fully Upgraded Turbos l Vargas Inlet System l VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade v1 l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes l Apex AERO-7 Lightweight Wheels l Toyo R888s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Njz Click here to enlarge
    Garth sent this over to me, here is the 469/491 run. I can post log as well to show no meth and HPFP failing miserably in the midrange.
    Yea, it's pretty clear your HPFP crapped out with that matching dead spot between 4.5k-5.7k

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    what dyno did was used Njz ?
    Undercover uses a DynoMite dyno & it reads spot on. My FBO Stock Baseline ran 270 WHP / 290 WTQ, so it's exactly where it should be (especially with mods installed).
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yeah we feel we could have continued making torque since the peak was right at the HPFP fail point
    SYVECS Standalone l Motiv Port Injection with Fuel It Stage 3 LPFP l MFactory LSD l CFS Racing Radiator l m3 front and rear control arms l ST Coilover System Vargas Stage 2+ Fully Upgraded Turbos l Vargas Inlet System l VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade v1 l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes l Apex AERO-7 Lightweight Wheels l Toyo R888s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's great to see a record WHP spinning the small N54 snails w/meth patches & racegas mix. But, it would be nice some track results & long term real world test. Expect turbo failures at that power rate, unless people realize it's safer/better to upgrade the stock turbos CHRA! You can ask Ak335i he'll tell you a story running that amount of boost with his JB stock turbo against Buraq 335is & what really happened that he ended up upgrading his turbos =)

If you don't use the compressor/turbine maps & do your own plotting. Something not nice it's going to happen at that +20psi IMHO. We have achieved much better results & reliability on turbo cars by doing this homework. Rather just hyping the boost level & adding patches.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My runs were not with meth and simply used a high(ish) blend of e85 which is not hard to find in most places and is cheaper than 93 oct (around here at least). I am aware the stock snails will fail soon and plan to move to vargas stage 1/2 once these fail.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by m54b25 Click here to enlarge
    If you don't use the compressor/turbine maps & do your own plotting. Something not nice it's going to happen at that +20psi IMHO. We have achieved much better results & reliability on turbo cars by doing this homework. Rather just hyping the boost level & adding patches.
    Good thing I'm sub-20 psi Click here to enlarge I mean 100% honesty, tuned or untuned the turbos on the N54 will eventually have to be replaced (whether it's WG failure or from over spinning them), at that point you either replace or upgrade to something higher quality, ie Vargas
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by m54b25 Click here to enlarge
    Expect turbo failures at that power rate, unless people realize it's safer/better to upgrade the stock turbos CHRA!
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Njz Click here to enlarge
    plan to move to vargas stage 1/2 once these fail.
    Listen to the expert and go with upgraded CHRA or other turbos such as 2 x GTX or a single.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    Listen to the expert and go with upgraded CHRA or other turbos such as 2 x GTX or a single.
    I am limited to the power I can make on my current AT. I would rather spend less money on the stage 1's atm and burn those every so often then put stage 2+ on the car and destroy the AT. I am hoping for some breakthrough stuff this year on the AT, if not I will seriously consider an MT swap. Only time will tell I guess, I am sure that the stage 1's from vargas will hold up a bit better under high boost than the stockers that I have already put through hell for the past 20k miles.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234