Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    pump gas PROtune/stock turbos and was gunning down LM's supercharged M3 -- COBB FTW!
    uhh.. you sure about that..?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    It was a lot closer when you 2 ran then it should've, especially on pump
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

video or it never happened

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Sadly I don't think there's any video of that particular run Click here to enlarge

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    about 2 min mark, after camera was readjusted by pure awesomness- although, i dont recall the gap between cars ever stop growing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    627 Post(s)

I once pulled on a supercharged M3 with stock turbos like it was standing still. But, I was on race gas + meth. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Can we see a graph where the HP axis isnt so spread out so we can see that n54 stock turbo falling lol Peak numbers FTL

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    627 Post(s)

Too lazy to reformat chart but this thing needs to be shifted around 6000rpm to maximize power under the curve with an MT.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I once pulled on a supercharged M3 with stock turbos like it was standing still. But, I was on race gas + meth. Click here to enlarge
    I believe it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Too lazy to reformat chart but this thing needs to be shifted around 6000rpm to maximize power under the curve with an MT.

shifted around 6000 RPM in the higher gears. youll land right at 5000 RPM by redlining 2nd. 3rd gear seems to be a bit taller than 4th and 5th. if equal 6MT and 6AT ran into 6th gear the 6MT will pull lovely due to the tall ass 6th in the 6AT.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    627 Post(s)

I don't drive the MT much but I think it's falling from 6100rpm down to 4500rpm on the 3->4, for example. I'll have to do some 60-130 testing when it cools down. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

about 2 min mark, after camera was readjusted by pure awesomness- although, i dont recall the gap between cars ever stop growing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F10p4wQ1Xc8
    C'mon LM, my car never fell past your rear quarter panel...at all!
    I have a manual...you have DCT, not bad at all I'd say. You don't agreee?
    And on pump gas I make 420something.
    Click here to enlarge
    Everyone has a photographic memory, some just don't have film.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Mine? If so thanks for the tip! I was shifting around 6500rpm.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by UsualSuspect Click here to enlarge
    Mine? If so thanks for the tip! I was shifting around 6500rpm.
    Def running it out too much.... I think with most N54s the optimal shift point is 6200 RPMs. Just check one of your old dyno pulls & you could prob see where the power starts taking a serious dive

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Def running it out too much.... I think with most N54s the optimal shift point is 6200 RPMs. Just check one of your old dyno pulls & you could prob see where the power starts taking a serious dive
    Thanks. The torque seems to take a serious dive the horsepower not as quickly. But 6-6200rpms look real good.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

For dyno records you normally need to use a dynojet due to how standardized they are. Load dynos can be all over the place depending on settings, correction factors used, etc. But I have a feeling both cars are in the same ballpark since they are using the same tuning. Click here to enlarge
    Agreed, dynojet has the largest reference point.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Bah, get some bigger turbos on it anyway, and call it a day. Click here to enlarge

(I'm a bit spooked on the FTW myself... We put some in the N55 and it seemed fine but a day or two later it's misfiring randomly. Coincidence? Not sure... But I won't be running the stuff anymore unless absolutely necessary. e.g. if the car does 11.001 or something)
    Why would the FTW Purple cause misfires?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by UsualSuspect Click here to enlarge
    My car last year....473whp/542wtq on stock turbos
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...85-50-50-REMIX!
    That dyno has also given results on the E92 M3 of over 400 whp with bolt on's... I feel it reads high.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

**PS -- Area Under the Graph > Peak HP/TQ Numbers
    It's situational. A bunch of torque at 2000 rpm means nothing even if you are making big peak HP at a high redline especially considering you'll never see 2000 rpm during any WOT shift. I'll take the peak HP at a higher RPM in this example.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

BMS (Burger Tuning) hits new N54 stock turbo Dynojet dyno record with 461 rear wheel horsepower pull

With all the discussions as of late regarding upgraded turbo options for N54 inline-6 twin turbo based vehicles the stock N54 turbos have not been getting a lot of love. Well, in comes BMS to remind us just how much power the stock turbos can make these days. The N54 has come a long way and BMS was able to squeeze out 461 rear wheel horsepower on a dynojet in STD correction. Also 510 pound-feet of rear wheel torque.

Click here to enlarge

Mod list for the car is as follows:

B4 G5 ISO
    BMS back end flash -- "race" file
    BMS downpipes
    CPE intercooler
    CPE chargepipe w/ tial valve
    BMS DCI
    BMS OCC
    Spec clutch w/ steel single mass flywheel
    BMS 2.2g meth kit w/ 80% ethanol / 20% water, CM12 nozzle
    E40 fuel (40% E98, 60% pump 91 octane)
    "Option2" inline booster pump

At the 20.5 PSI of boost on the turbos necessary to hit these peak figures it is doubtful the turbos would last long. This would likely need to be dialed back for any extended use as the turbos are simply being pushed past their limit. Still, nice to see just how much can be extracted from the N54 stock turbos.

Nice work by BMS, graphs below.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    That dyno has also given results on the E92 M3 of over 400 whp with bolt on's... I feel it reads high.
    400 WHP on a stock motor isn't unheard of, it's only a 50-60 WHP gain over the stock baseline but it's def got to be the perfect combination of parts + tuning (just like the N54s over 400 WHP on pump gas). Full catless system, pulley, drop in filter & a custom tune should do it.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The N54 has come a long way and BMS was able to squeeze out 461 rear wheel horsepower on a dynojet in STD correction. Also 510 pound-feet of rear wheel torque.
    No love for @Njz who's put out 469/491 on the Undercover dyno?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

i ll be back up on their dyno next week and should put up some even better numbers since my last runs were without meth and with a $#@!ed up fuel system. Fingers crossed, turbos may let go on me though, we will see.
    SYVECS Standalone l Motiv Port Injection with Fuel It Stage 3 LPFP l MFactory LSD l CFS Racing Radiator l m3 front and rear control arms l ST Coilover System Vargas Stage 2+ Fully Upgraded Turbos l Vargas Inlet System l VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade v1 l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes l Apex AERO-7 Lightweight Wheels l Toyo R888s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

400 WHP on a stock motor isn't unheard of, it's only a 50-60 WHP gain over the stock baseline but it's def got to be the perfect combination of parts + tuning (just like the N54s over 400 WHP on pump gas). Full catless system, pulley, drop in filter & a custom tune should do it.
    Agreed I still feel it reads high though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge
    Garth sent this over to me, here is the 469/491 run. I can post log as well to show no meth and HPFP failing miserably in the midrange.
    SYVECS Standalone l Motiv Port Injection with Fuel It Stage 3 LPFP l MFactory LSD l CFS Racing Radiator l m3 front and rear control arms l ST Coilover System Vargas Stage 2+ Fully Upgraded Turbos l Vargas Inlet System l VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade v1 l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes l Apex AERO-7 Lightweight Wheels l Toyo R888s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

what dyno did was used @Njz ?
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast