Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Bah, get some bigger turbos on it anyway, and call it a day. Click here to enlarge

(I'm a bit spooked on the FTW myself... We put some in the N55 and it seemed fine but a day or two later it's misfiring randomly. Coincidence? Not sure... But I won't be running the stuff anymore unless absolutely necessary. e.g. if the car does 11.001 or something)
    Yeah, I agree. I don't want to dump it. I'll give it to Marv. LOL

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    With my upgraded HPFP/Fuel rail and meth Garth and I plan to put up some big numbers this coming week. The ethanol sensor he is putting in should make my numbers repeatable which is what we really want here.
    SYVECS Standalone l Motiv Port Injection with Fuel It Stage 3 LPFP l MFactory LSD l CFS Racing Radiator l m3 front and rear control arms l ST Coilover System Vargas Stage 2+ Fully Upgraded Turbos l Vargas Inlet System l VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade v1 l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes l Apex AERO-7 Lightweight Wheels l Toyo R888s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967 Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, I agree. I don't want to dump it. I'll give it to Marv. LOL
    lol I'm not putting this crap into my car lol seems to screw up anything it goes into
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

'10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My car last year....473whp/542wtq on stock turbos
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...85-50-50-REMIX!
    Click here to enlarge
    Everyone has a photographic memory, some just don't have film.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by UsualSuspect Click here to enlarge
    The numbers sound great, but without dynojet STD numbers, no real way to know how much power it's actually making. Throw it on a dynojet and just maybe you'll take the record! Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What TV show is the clip in your sig from? It always cracks me up whenever I see it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    @Terry@BMS, looking at your timing, why didn't you go more aggressive in the midrange and up top?

btw, looking at the BMS chargepipe I saw the meth bung very close to the TB. did you see gains by having that close? as in better than the elbow placement?
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I can go to the local mustang dyno and prob slaughter this record because their dyno reads retardedly high... It would mean nothing though... Dynojets stay consistant more so than any other dyno but still fluxuate a bunch.
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    I can go to the local mustang dyno and prob slaughter this record because their dyno reads retardedly high... It would mean nothing though... Dynojets stay consistant more so than any other dyno but still fluxuate a bunch.
    No digs against BMS, but I personally agree that a stock baseline should be acknowledged (if not included in the dyno sheet) with all of these "Record Breaking HP" dyno graphs. Obviously if someone's churning out 450 WHP on a dyno that baselined at 300 WHP, it's not as impressive as a car that baselined at 270 WHP and spit out 440 WHP. Way too many people forget about the fact that it's all about the gains, especially (like you said) you can easily through the car on a high reading dyno/adjust the scaling and "magically" create the numbers you want.

**PS -- Area Under the Graph > Peak HP/TQ Numbers
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    No digs against BMS, but I personally agree that a stock baseline should be acknowledged (if not included in the dyno sheet) with all of these "Record Breaking HP" dyno graphs. Obviously if someone's churning out 450 WHP on a dyno that baselined at 300 WHP, it's not as impressive as a car that baselined at 270 WHP and spit out 440 WHP. Way too many people forget about the fact that it's all about the gains, especially (like you said) you can easily through the car on a high reading dyno/adjust the scaling and "magically" create the numbers you want.

BMS always uses specialty Z, with baselines of 270/280 IIRC. Normally I would agree, but we have years of this dyno to compare with

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    BMS always uses specialty Z, with baselines of 270/280 IIRC. Normally I would agree, but we have years of this dyno to compare with
    Fair, that wasn't specific to BMS but just an aftermarket tuner/some1 pursuing an HP record should be providing that data. Just like we expect time slips if someone starts claiming they just smashed the 1/4 mile record / trap speed.

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    What TV show is the clip in your sig from? It always cracks me up whenever I see it
    I actually saw it years ago somewhere and don't really remember, sorry.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Fair, that wasn't specific to BMS but just an aftermarket tuner/some1 pursuing an HP record should be providing that data. Just like we expect time slips if someone starts claiming they just smashed the 1/4 mile record / trap speed.
    I'm going to go to another dyno just to prove the non-believers! When? Soon, within the next few weeks.
    benzy89, did you see what he said to me above?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I'm going to go to another dyno just to prove the non-believers! When? Soon, within the next few weeks.
    you ever go to the track? If you trapped 123-124 than the power you are claiming is believable.
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    you ever go to the track? If you trapped 123-124 than the power you are claiming is believable.
    This +10010110101

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah circuits, NHMS & Watkins Glen. Never 1/4 mile, it's not my thing. But anyone who knows my car, knows it's no joke! I don't care to run 1/4 mile really either. If I did, it honestly would be just for folks on the interwebs, but I think they'd find something else not to believe or poke at, ya know?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by marv85 Click here to enlarge
    @Terry@BMS , looking at your timing, why didn't you go more aggressive in the midrange and up top?

btw, looking at the BMS chargepipe I saw the meth bung very close to the TB. did you see gains by having that close? as in better than the elbow placement?
    The problem with advance is what you get during a single gear pull on the dyno often isn't what you get gear after gear doing real world runs. So while I could have inflated timing on the dyno for a few more HP I don't think it would do anything on the road. And may potentially cause issues. I've never found much benefit in running more than 12-13 degrees of advance with factory turbos unless you are on straight E85, in which case you need another degree or so just to offset the slower burn rate.

I prefer the elbow nozzle placement but the BMS CP placement is also suitable. Next batch of BMS CP's will have the bung closer to the elbow though.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

The problem is, you can screw with baselines too. With a piggyback or flash tuning in place you can make the car generate only 6psi. Or run it low advance with too rich AFRs. So the baseline is maybe more corruptible than actual dynojet numbers IMHO. This dyno reads about average for dynojets. Maybe 5hp high. Here is a run we did a few days after this on a factory stock and then tuned 535 F10 N55. Disappointing numbers stock. Click here to enlarge http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19519
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not doubting you. We've shown time and time again how easy it is to make 440rw+ on factory turbos. Just saying if you want comparable worthy numbers you need to use a dynojet. If it does 480rw on a dynojet I'll be the first to congratulate you. Just don't be surprised if it does 440rw. As that is what they normally do maxed out. Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 04-29-2013 at 11:24 AM.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The problem with advance is what you get during a single gear pull on the dyno often isn't what you get gear after gear doing real world runs. So while I could have inflated timing on the dyno for a few more HP I don't think it would do anything on the road. And may potentially cause issues. I've never found much benefit in running more than 12-13 degrees of advance with factory turbos unless you are on straight E85, in which case you need another degree or so just to offset the slower burn rate.

I prefer the elbow nozzle placement but the BMS CP placement is also suitable. Next batch of BMS CP's will have the bung closer to the elbow though.
    The batch coming in end of may? Because I'm looking to buy one so I'd wait if that is the case

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by marv85 Click here to enlarge
    The batch coming in end of may? Because I'm looking to buy one so I'd wait if that is the case
    Correct! We're out of stock so you'll have to wait until then if you want a BMS one. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Correct! We're out of stock so you'll have to wait until then if you want a BMS one. Click here to enlarge
    I'll wait.but I need to make sure I get one from that batch, are you ordering a lot? or should I pre order lol, it's a matter of life or death Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We do batch runs of 100 on those. So, you should be fine with waiting until they come in.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    awesome.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Post #30?? Hahaha haters gonna hate, just gotta shut them up with another "independent" dyno run (which is ridic since you're a forum member & not a vendor). For any doubters, Usual's car is a BEAST -- On the way down to Bimmerfest last year, he was running a pump gas PROtune/stock turbos and was gunning down LM's supercharged M3 -- COBB FTW!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast