Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

New stock turbo dyno record, 4/25/13

Hey guys,

Had a chance to get our E92 manual back to the dyno today. We've recently replaced the clutch and added a meth kit.

Full mod listing:

JB4 G5 ISO
    BMS back end flash -- "race" file
    BMS downpipes
    CPE intercooler
    CPE chargepipe w/ tial valve
    BMS DCI
    BMS OCC
    Spec clutch w/ steel single mass flywheel
    BMS 2.2g meth kit w/ 80% ethanol / 20% water, CM12 nozzle
    E40 fuel (40% E98, 60% pump 91 octane)
    "Option2" inline booster pump

I'll post the log later but peak boost was ~20.5psi and we're running around 13 degrees peak advance on it. Overall car performed very well and we were happy to raise the bar on stock turbo performance a bit. Click here to enlarge

Attached is the dyno sheet and a photo of the car & Jon working the dyno software.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 04-25-2013 at 05:35 PM.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Very nice result! Btw you're E92 looks exactly like mine Click here to enlarge is it a '10?

interested in the log
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

'10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Good result. Must upgrade to the G5.
    Click here to enlarge
    335i ~ JB4 ~ BMS ~ DCI ~ Active Autowerks CP & BOV ~ Borla Catback Exhaust

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Nice! Over 500tq on the stockers is insane.
    Great job
    335xi Sedan 6AT || Weather(45-60°F)
    -PROcede Rev. 2.5 ~ v5 (3/17 maps) / JB4 (8/21 maps) / COBB (Stg2+FMIC LT Agressive maps)
    †Procede Map2(UT 45 - IGN 40) Aggression Target 2.0 (93 Octane) || 0-60 in 4.0sec
    †Cobb E30 LT (35% Ethanol/65% 93 Octane) || 0-60 in 3.9sec
    AR Design Catless DP || BMS DCI + OCC || ETS 5 FMIC || Alpina B3 Trans Flash || 235/265 19" Michelin PSS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Nice!
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
    Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / DCI

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

did u use n20 map sensor

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I hit 469 hp and 491 tq on stock turbos a few weeks ago on map 6 with garth at Undercover tuning. I will see if he can send me that pull. FBO+100% e85 with BMS Flash. Did not realize the stock turbo HP record was mine Click here to enlarge, that was with a failing HPFP that kept falling on its face in the midrange but recovering up top. @undercoverangie can you ask garth to dig up the dyno graphs and send the 469/491 pull to me so I can post it.
    SYVECS Standalone l Motiv Port Injection with Fuel It Stage 3 LPFP l MFactory LSD l CFS Racing Radiator l m3 front and rear control arms l ST Coilover System Vargas Stage 2+ Fully Upgraded Turbos l Vargas Inlet System l VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade v1 l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes l Apex AERO-7 Lightweight Wheels l Toyo R888s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AltecBX Click here to enlarge
    Nice! Over 500tq on the stockers is insane.
    Great job
    Been there done that Click here to enlarge
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Damn, how "safe" is 21psi midrange on stockers??? And I thought 19 was too aggressive Click here to enlarge
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Damn, how "safe" is 21psi midrange on stockers??? And I thought 19 was too aggressive Click here to enlarge
    I guess only time will tell. I've ran 20 psi for a while with no issues

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Safe is a relative term. The turbos already smoke a bit on the car and will be replaced at some point in the near future. So from that perspective I don't have any issues with it. From an engine safety standpoint this is a lot of boost for the fuel being used. If doing runway runs for example I'd probably tone it down to 19psi peak. Which was around 440rw.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Congrats T..!

Now lets see some 60-130mph times !!
    For Sale:

- NX Express complete wet kit with Plug & Play fuel adapter for BMW 335i

- FBO parts here LINK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Njz Click here to enlarge
    I hit 469 hp and 491 tq on stock turbos a few weeks ago on map 6 with garth at Undercover tuning. I will see if he can send me that pull. FBO+100% e85 with BMS Flash. Did not realize the stock turbo HP record was mine Click here to enlarge, that was with a failing HPFP that kept falling on its face in the midrange but recovering up top. @undercoverangie can you ask garth to dig up the dyno graphs and send the 469/491 pull to me so I can post it.

This is also on a DynoJet that reads WAY higher then our dyno... requested that Garth finds your pulls.. he is very intrigued by this
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

For dyno records you normally need to use a dynojet due to how standardized they are. Load dynos can be all over the place depending on settings, correction factors used, etc. But I have a feeling both cars are in the same ballpark since they are using the same tuning. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Safe is a relative term. The turbos already smoke a bit on the car and will be replaced at some point in the near future. So from that perspective I don't have any issues with it. From an engine safety standpoint this is a lot of boost for the fuel being used. If doing runway runs for example I'd probably tone it down to 19psi peak. Which was around 440rw.
    Would 21psi be okay on straight E85?? Or is that still too much boost to run on the stock turbos + expect them to last?
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Would 21psi be okay on straight E85?? Or is that still too much boost to run on the stock turbos + expect them to last?
    It's just an excersize in tuning. This run was done using all off the shelf stuff. Our canned backend flash, JB4 map 3 using an 85 additive iirc, etc. To try to achieve this without meth would require some work on the flash and fuel system side but should be doable. I'd start by getting map 7 going, which is 18.5psi peak. That should get you in the 440rw range. From there you'd have to add boost as fueling allowed. This same car did around 448rw on E85 only at around 20psi iirc.

The turbos won't last like that but are cheap to replace. The bigger risk would be engine damage if it was not tuned up properly and you were doing long runway runs with it.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Is pwm WGDC? If so how to translate to %. I want to see this on the track before it gets too hot.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

40 is 80% PWM. Fairly aggressive but it's not at 100%. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

40 is 80% PWM. Fairly aggressive but it's not at 100%. Click here to enlarge
    what AFR are you targetting midrange and high end?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

So tempting, especially when I have a fresh set of turbos. Stock clutch though. Nice numbers T!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Terry, nice numbers. Looks like I need to post my numbers to put out the fire. LOL BTW, what did you eat after Shift S3ctor? Put on a few pounds. :-)~

(For all those who made the assumption that could be Terry in the dyno picture, well it's not. He's not that good looking. LOL )

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by marv85 Click here to enlarge
    what AFR are you targetting midrange and high end?
    Here is the lambda targets from the flash map. Load is around 110 across the board.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967 Click here to enlarge
    Terry, nice numbers. Looks like I need to post my numbers to put out the fire. LOL BTW, what did you eat after Shift S3ctor? Put on a few pounds. :-)~

(For all those who made the assumption that could be Terry in the dyno picture, well it's not. He's not that good looking. LOL )
    Hey I still have a few gallons of FTWE85 to throw in when someone passes us up. Click here to enlarge

Photo is Jon @ BMS. We both took sabbaticals from our male underwear modeling careers to start BMS. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Hey I still have a few gallons of FTWE85 to throw in when someone passes us up. Click here to enlarge

Photo is Jon @ BMS. We both took sabbaticals from our male underwear modeling careers to start BMS. Click here to enlarge
    haha... FTW baby... I'm afraid to put that stuff back in my car... I still have what I pumped out of my tank on Sunday at SS... Hopefully I'll have all the bugs worked out of my car next week. Already had one dealership kick me out the door and told me never to bring my car back to them because they found a few things. Didn't pull my Alpina flash and they flagged it in diag along with a few other things. Lucky for me the SA was a friend of a friend and they didn't send anything up to BMW. So I'm going on Monday to have my normal dealership replace my injectors and fix anything else they find wrong. Probably should have taken it to them anyway, but it was a dry run to see what they would find. So she's back to 100% stock now and hopefully they don't have any issue doing the certification for turbo replacement. Hopefully my car won't smoke anymore. LOL If not, I'll have to find a dealership that will. Road trip... Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Bah, get some bigger turbos on it anyway, and call it a day. Click here to enlarge

(I'm a bit spooked on the FTW myself... We put some in the N55 and it seemed fine but a day or two later it's misfiring randomly. Coincidence? Not sure... But I won't be running the stuff anymore unless absolutely necessary. e.g. if the car does 11.001 or something)
    Burger Motorsports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast