Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 72
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,377
    Rep Points
    32,769.4
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin Click here to enlarge
    Posted on a different forum that he was keeping everything.
    That's a quick change of mind.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    199
    Rep Points
    364.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    I'm still in for pics of that trailer Click here to enlarge

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,377
    Rep Points
    32,769.4
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    I would like to check the trailer out too even though it isn't for sale any longer.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,576
    Rep Points
    1,867.4
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    cashing out some of my 401k never seemed like such a good(bad) idea...

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14
    Rep Points
    42.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Yeap i saw this on E46fanatics that the car/trailer is no longer for sale...

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    50
    Rep Points
    82.5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    E92 turbo project next?

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,377
    Rep Points
    32,769.4
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 01E46m3 Click here to enlarge
    Yeap i saw this on E46fanatics that the car/trailer is no longer for sale...
    Interesting, guess he wants to keep it completely understandable.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    Posts
    2,699
    Rep Points
    2,104.5
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Must have not gotten the interest or he could have found a buyer already. In any way its an amazing car. GLWS.
    Click here to enlarge



    EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,590
    Rep Points
    2,018.0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21


    Yes Reputation No
    Why the hell he doesn't invest his money into an actual platform (E9x M series) as opposed to chicken $#@! that's already been done by 10 other people is BEYOND me. He says moving on to a new platform - but their prices are still stupid for the E46 M3. I say lower the price of the kit - and actually double your sales as opposed to just closing shop on the E46 M series - OR just spend some capital on E9x M3 turbo R&D - do it right (as you did/were the first) to do with the E46 M3.

    Something is up with this guy/company, he was selling that car for 50 grand (which is literally nothing) - so he could pour more money into R&D? What is that - half of one person't salary for a year (if that) [not including any parts/tech/etc.]?

    Point is, none of this makes any damn sense.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,377
    Rep Points
    32,769.4
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    Why the hell he doesn't invest his money into an actual platform (E9x M series) as opposed to chicken $#@! that's already been done by 10 other people is BEYOND me. He says moving on to a new platform - but their prices are still stupid for the E46 M3. I say lower the price of the kit - and actually double your sales as opposed to just closing shop on the E46 M series - OR just spend some capital on E9x M3 turbo R&D - do it right (as you did/were the first) to do with the E46 M3.

    Something is up with this guy/company, he was selling that car for 50 grand (which is literally nothing) - so he could pour more money into R&D? What is that - half of one person't salary for a year (if that) [not including any parts/tech/etc.]?

    Point is, none of this makes any damn sense.
    I think the E46 M3 market makes up a small % of his total revenue...

    Makes sense to me.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,590
    Rep Points
    2,018.0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I think the E46 M3 market makes up a small % of his total revenue...

    Makes sense to me.
    Yeah, re-reading that post - umm, wow. I was an asshat. I almost wanna neg-rep my own post Click here to enlarge

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,590
    Rep Points
    2,018.0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I think the E46 M3 market makes up a small % of his total revenue...

    Makes sense to me.
    I would like to see them do a turbo kit for the e9x M3 though - and not focus on the 335i which is already done.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    1,640
    Rep Points
    2,195.0
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    I would like to see them do a turbo kit for the e9x M3 though - and not focus on the 335i which is already done.
    Your definition of "done" seems to be vastly different from most on this forum. Click here to enlarge
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

    2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    314
    Rep Points
    0.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    I would like to see them do a turbo kit for the e9x M3 though - and not focus on the 335i which is already done.
    If you think the prices for a hpf kit is high now, just imagine what the prices would be for a e9x m3 turbo kit!!

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,590
    Rep Points
    2,018.0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SexiPYm3 Click here to enlarge
    If you think the prices for a hpf kit is high now, just imagine what the prices would be for a e9x m3 turbo kit!!
    Ha - yeah, this is true... I would still like to see them do it first (e9x M turbo), I always liked HPF, and think it's amazing what they have done with the platform. I think they would make a killing if they were to do it right - but the clock is ticking, and the next M will be out before we know it.


    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    Your definition of "done" seems to be vastly different from most on this forum. Click here to enlarge
    lol - yes, that's 100% true... I guess my anger (re: adding 335i focus/dropping e46 M3 R&D) got the best of me. I guess being content with an engine's state of tune makes no sense - otherwise we would be nowhere.


    Cheers.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,377
    Rep Points
    32,769.4
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    I think they would make a killing if they were to do it right - but the clock is ticking, and the next M will be out before we know it.
    The next M just won't be able to compete with a turbo S65.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    102
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    but the clock is ticking, and the next M will be out before we know it.
    I don't think that's necessarily a negative if they chose to come out with a E9x kit. I'd imagine if they chose to do one, now's the time to just get started. Didn't HPF come out with the E46 M3 kit after the production cars' life was over ? Then continued to improve the kit over the years while the E9x M3 was being sold ? Warranty is just starting to end for initial E9x owners and will continue for others every year from now which will have many facing the same decision. Buy a new car or spend MUCH less and be able to blow the doors off that new M3 ? This pretty much gives HPF a year or so to come out with a quality kit, and have a bigger market to cater to. Well, that's what I think anyway. I could be wrong.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,590
    Rep Points
    2,018.0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The next M just won't be able to compete with a turbo S65.
    True, I just think the big name tuners will start to only look at the new platform (cheap power for them to extract - but pricey kits = more profit), and ignore the S65... Unless they already invested tons in it - not sure who is working on the S65 these days.

    I will never buy the next M series - that is for sure. Already decided this - that's why I am thinking that the future sucks for us S65 guys. Could be wrong - and supercharging always works wonders Click here to enlarge

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,590
    Rep Points
    2,018.0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SleepersOwn Click here to enlarge
    I don't think that's necessarily a negative if they chose to come out with a E9x kit. I'd imagine if they chose to do one, now's the time to just get started. Didn't HPF come out with the E46 M3 kit after the production cars' life was over ? Then continued to improve the kit over the years while the E9x M3 was being sold ? Warranty is just starting to end for initial E9x owners and will continue for others every year from now which will have many facing the same decision. Buy a new car or spend MUCH less and be able to blow the doors off that new M3 ? This pretty much gives HPF a year or so to come out with a quality kit, and have a bigger market to cater to. Well, that's what I think anyway. I could be wrong.
    Good point... I should read all posts before commenting on others. Click here to enlarge

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    644
    Rep Points
    608.0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    He says moving on to a new platform - but their prices are still stupid for the E46 M3. I say lower the price of the kit - and actually double your sales as opposed to just closing shop on the E46 M series
    Lets do some math (not being a dick, just showing explaining something). Stage 1 kit is $14k. Lets say the hardparts for that kit (turbo, ecu, piping, etc) cost $8k. That's cost of production, excluding r&d costs, and recouping. If he sells it for 1/2 as much he's now losing $1k per kit sold.

    Ok.. I get it you were just speaking generally.. lets continue on with the math.

    Lets say he cuts his OWN margin in half, meaning he has to sell twice as many kits to make the same profit. Lets say his margin (moving forward with the $8k hard parts cost) is $6k per kit.. so he cuts out $3k... he's now making HALF as much, but the kit only dropped from $14k to $11k. Do you think he'd sell twice as many kits at $11k as opposed to $14k?

    Lets say thats aggressive, lets say he actually makes $9k on each $14k kit.. he cuts his profit in half, sells the kits for $9,500 now instead of $14k, think he'd still sell TWICE as many? Probably not.

    I think if he could logically lower the price on the S54 kit any more than it is he would as that would directly compete with MaxPSI's kit at around $10k.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    102
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ZooyorQ Click here to enlarge
    Lets do some math (not being a dick, just showing explaining something). Stage 1 kit is $14k. Lets say the hardparts for that kit (turbo, ecu, piping, etc) cost $8k. That's cost of production, excluding r&d costs, and recouping. If he sells it for 1/2 as much he's now losing $1k per kit sold.

    Ok.. I get it you were just speaking generally.. lets continue on with the math.

    Lets say he cuts his OWN margin in half, meaning he has to sell twice as many kits to make the same profit. Lets say his margin (moving forward with the $8k hard parts cost) is $6k per kit.. so he cuts out $3k... he's now making HALF as much, but the kit only dropped from $14k to $11k. Do you think he'd sell twice as many kits at $11k as opposed to $14k?

    Lets say thats aggressive, lets say he actually makes $9k on each $14k kit.. he cuts his profit in half, sells the kits for $9,500 now instead of $14k, think he'd still sell TWICE as many? Probably not.

    I think if he could logically lower the price on the S54 kit any more than it is he would as that would directly compete with MaxPSI's kit at around $10k.
    Agreed, not everything is a rape. When you factor IN the R&D being they were the first for E46 PRODUCTION kits, it makes these numbers even more realistic. These are turbo kits, not an intake or exhaust. The amount of people that 1. Wants this power increase, and 2. Has the means to obtain/support the increase ( along with any potential risks thereafter ) is very small when considering the entire consumer base. I always thought the power output in conjunction with the platform itself, the factory makeup of the engine, parts included, quality, power output, before/after purchase customer service ( as noted by the many satisfied customers and to me is priceless ), lack of alternative turbo options, and overall reliability was pretty reasonable.

    I think what allows the MaxPsi kit to hit it's price point is the elimination of the piggyback and some variation in costs on parts. I'm not saying lower quality by any means. Just saying different choices can end up costing a bit less and those savings can be transferred to the consumer.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    294
    Rep Points
    -1,860.5
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    And the big thing with the MaxPsi setup...it's still OBDII and emission compliant Click here to enlarge ...No Codes...No bull$#@!.

    MaxPSI have the E46 game now that is for sure.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    102
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    Good point... I should read all posts before commenting on others. Click here to enlarge
    It's all good man. I wasn't trying to be rude or anything. Sometimes when we only focus on what we want, we block out other factors concerning it.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    102
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin Click here to enlarge
    And the big thing with the MaxPsi setup...it's still OBDII and emission compliant Click here to enlarge ...No Codes...No bull$#@!.

    MaxPSI have the E46 game now that is for sure.
    INDEED. That's a HUGE win for them.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,377
    Rep Points
    32,769.4
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ZooyorQ Click here to enlarge
    Lets do some math (not being a dick, just showing explaining something). Stage 1 kit is $14k. Lets say the hardparts for that kit (turbo, ecu, piping, etc) cost $8k. That's cost of production, excluding r&d costs, and recouping. If he sells it for 1/2 as much he's now losing $1k per kit sold.

    Ok.. I get it you were just speaking generally.. lets continue on with the math.

    Lets say he cuts his OWN margin in half, meaning he has to sell twice as many kits to make the same profit. Lets say his margin (moving forward with the $8k hard parts cost) is $6k per kit.. so he cuts out $3k... he's now making HALF as much, but the kit only dropped from $14k to $11k. Do you think he'd sell twice as many kits at $11k as opposed to $14k?

    Lets say thats aggressive, lets say he actually makes $9k on each $14k kit.. he cuts his profit in half, sells the kits for $9,500 now instead of $14k, think he'd still sell TWICE as many? Probably not.

    I think if he could logically lower the price on the S54 kit any more than it is he would as that would directly compete with MaxPSI's kit at around $10k.
    $14k stage I?
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •