Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

335i with alpina tcu flash at dealer?

So my car is at BMW right now being diagnosed. My AT gear selector has the issue where I cant up/down $#@! with it. BMW whats to update me DME and everything, will this over wright my aplina TCU flash? or will they encounter any issues because of coding or the flash done to the car?

I have also explained to my SA that the wires under the selector are frayed, that that is the most common issue.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    dealer voided warrenty and flaged car trying to blame my "intercooler and charge pipe" for my oil filter housing gasket, valve cover gasket, and oil pan gasket leaks

lawyer is informed will continue to update...

all i went in for was my shifter and battery recall $#@! BMW crooks
    2008 E92 335i- HP: 423 TRQ: 453 - Sold
    Vishnu- Pocede
    Active Autowerke - Intercooler
    Active Autowerke - Charge pipe/BOV
    Active Autowerke - 3" Downpipes
    Active Autowerke - Signature Exhaust
    BMS -DCI

2014 F30 335i M Sport
    BMS- JB4 (EWG/E85/OBDII Canbus)
    BMS- Intake

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That sucks. What dealer?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just go to another dealership, you're not going to take BMW to court over some low-cost bull$#@! like gaskets. Flagged warranty applies to $#@! like you blowing up your transmission, engine.
    You might be able to get the management to unflag you if you suck dick appropriately.

If you want to keep your warranty intact return to stock.
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by crazylegs Click here to enlarge
    dealer voided warrenty and flaged car trying to blame my "intercooler and charge pipe" for my oil filter housing gasket, valve cover gasket, and oil pan gasket leaks

BMW $#@!ing SUCKS.

Inform them of the Magnusson-Moss act which your attorney no doubt knows.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by uniter Click here to enlarge
    Just go to another dealership, you're not going to take BMW to court over some low-cost bull$#@! like gaskets. Flagged warranty applies to $#@! like you blowing up your transmission, engine.
    You might be able to get the management to unflag you if you suck dick appropriately.

If you want to keep your warranty intact return to stock.
    $#@! them for flagging a car for an intercooler... please that's petty crap.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If you have an FMIC and a CP then you have a tune.... I mean I guess you could argue that you don't in a court of law. Those battles are extremely expensive. That's why it's easier just to suck management cock to get the $#@! removed.

Edit: Switch dealerships & let us know which dealership sucks balls so other members don't go there.
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

this is so weird, why would they do that. Yes I know, but why this dealer and not the other. I got my oil filter housing replaced with FMIC and CP in. No problem. Just really seems silly with no logic.
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
    Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / DCI

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    BMW $#@!ing SUCKS.

Inform them of the Magnusson-Moss act which your attorney no doubt knows.
    Further, under the act, aftermarket equipment that improves performance does not automatically void a vehicle manufacturer's original warranty, unless the warranty clearly states the addition of aftermarket equipment automatically voids your vehicle's warranty, or if it can be proven that the aftermarket device is the direct cause of the failure

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/conten...ty-intact.html

this always makes me think that this act isn't necessarily always in our favor. BMW NA clearly states aftermarket parts that are not BMW Performance Parts, voids warranty. So has anyone actually had to prove their part didn't cause the malfunction/failure? Seems more costly if anything.

edit: I believe the dealer would have to prove correct?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 Click here to enlarge
    edit: I believe the dealer would have to prove correct?
    Yes burden would be on them if it ever got that far.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I am of course sympathetic to the OP's plight, I agree that modifications including FBO shouldn't effect the warranty of gaskets.

You might find a lawyer who could try to settle out of court with BMW in the case of a blown engine, for instance, in this case you're hiring a bully and gambling that your 5-10k will buy a settlement, rather than an expensive and lengthy court battle. An outright court case would be out of the question, prohibitively expensive.

OP took their car in with modifications; it is widely published and has been for years that any dealership could and is likely to flag your car's warranty with any modifications, intake, downpipes, front mount intercooler or chargepipe. OP's sudden revelation that his warranty has been flagged due to these modifications should serve as a warning to newcomers and a reaffirmation of facts for the old guard. If you have to take your car to the dealership for any reason, no matter how unrelated to the tune it may be, return to stock. This includes any and all modifications to your car. If you do not then you are gambling with your warranty.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by uniter Click here to enlarge
    I am of course sympathetic to the OP's plight, I agree that modifications including FBO shouldn't effect the warranty of gaskets.

You might find a lawyer who could try to settle out of court with BMW in the case of a blown engine, for instance, in this case you're hiring a bully and gambling that your 5-10k will buy a settlement, rather than an expensive and lengthy court battle. An outright court case would be out of the question, prohibitively expensive.

OP took their car in with modifications; it is widely published and has been for years that any dealership could and is likely to flag your car's warranty with any modifications, intake, downpipes, front mount intercooler or chargepipe. OP's sudden revelation that his warranty has been flagged due to these modifications should serve as a warning to newcomers and a reaffirmation of facts for the old guard. If you have to take your car to the dealership for any reason, no matter how unrelated to the tune it may be, return to stock. This includes any and all modifications to your car. If you do not then you are gambling with your warranty.
    lawyers been dealing with this today, he is a family friend so hes been just been going back and forth with them(saving $). I probably wont take it to court if i cant resolve it. Would be to costly for me to go that far.

I do have old service records were they state the oil filter houseing and valve cover gasket had a light seep but not enough of a leak to be deamed reparable yet. That was a few x,000 miles ago. Now its a leak that they state its a leak needs to be repaired and are denying my warrenty.

lawyer is using old service records to state they new there was a problem before hand and pushed it off as as nothing. now they are denying because of hardware, but the leaks were documented being there before the hardware.

Sorry about gramatical errors ^^^

Warning to all go in stock even if its a recall or d/s not working for auto shifter...
    Vishnu- Pocede
    BMS -DCI

2014 F30 335i M Sport
    BMS- Intake

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    my cars in the dealership for battery cable recall right now and I got alpina flash. I even told my SA my dash cam is hard wired and he didn't seem to care.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Every dealership handles modifications differently. What dealership in Florida?
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Tuned Cobb Stage 2+ | H&R / Koni Sport | BBS LM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    pembroke pines off of i75 by the cracker barrel
    Vishnu- Pocede
    BMS -DCI

2014 F30 335i M Sport
    BMS- Intake

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    pembroke pines off of i75 by the cracker barrel
    Wow really?! Not to toot my own horn, but my water pump gave out a couple of weeks ago and took it there with FBO and the Alpina flash. The SA told me they were going to do the battery cable recall as well and they did it with no issues. Click here to enlarge

Who was your SA?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^^
    that is interesting...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's really weird. Here I had my turbos, TC and front diff replaced on the extended 6yrs warranty with all mods in. FBO + meth, JB4 tune on map 0.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Haha I popped in my normal dealer today to set up an appointment for the battery recall, asked about the new injectors blah blah blah..... They were more concerned with my hardwired radar detector causing a "problem" vs. the upgraded FMIC, catless DPs + intake. Good thing they won't know about the COBB tune Click here to enlarge
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Haha I popped in my normal dealer today to set up an appointment for the battery recall, asked about the new injectors blah blah blah..... They were more concerned with my hardwired radar detector causing a "problem" vs. the upgraded FMIC, catless DPs + intake. Good thing they won't know about the COBB tune Click here to enlarge
    Aww, no joy ride for them.. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RnmEvo9 Click here to enlarge
    Wow really?! Not to toot my own horn, but my water pump gave out a couple of weeks ago and took it there with FBO and the Alpina flash. The SA told me they were going to do the battery cable recall as well and they did it with no issues. Click here to enlarge

Who was your SA?
    Just guessing but you had no problems needing a fix they could void the warranty over right then and there, just a recall. But I bet your VIN is now in a database somewhere should you need something big that they could get out of paying for in the future. This is why you take the mods off, always. Unless you just don't care or are out of W so far it does not matter anymore.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It all depends on who you know. I made friends with one of the master techs at my local dealer. I told him my lpfp was crapping out and he said it might be the lpfp sensor. I said what if its not throwing codes. His response "no problem, ill just unplug the sensor and then it will" so after he replaced the sensor for me I mentioned my waterpump had yet to crap out and I have 72k miles. His response, call back in a month and say your cars overheating and ill install a new waterpump for you. I was speechless... When I first got my car I thought tipping the SA would help get better service, but now its all about getting tight with the tech doing the actual work on your car. Anyways OP I wish you the best of luck.