Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Datalogged and need interpretation

Hello everyone! I sent this as an email to Vishnu on Sunday and am patiently awaiting a reply by their guys. Hopefully it will be sometime this week. They have not let me down before and i hope they dont start now.

Anywho, here is what i sent:

Hello Vishnu and Co.!

First off ill give you my mods/mileage/tranny/etc:

2007 E92 335i 6MT
    39K miles
    Procede Rev2.5 SE
    Active Autowerkes Catless 3" Downpipes
    Stock intake/exhaust/CP/DVs/etc, everything else stock, stock flywheel/cluch
    Always use Shell or BP 93 octane gasoline
    New spark plugs about 6k miles ago, and i replaced a single coilpack that was misfiring 2k miles ago

I had been running the 9-10 Aggresive 93 octane map for a long time, and it had performed fairly well. Occasionally rough idle/jerky. It started acting up about a month ago, and since the weather is getting so much hotter, i decided to go easy on the car and just use the stock map. Ive used that for about a month now, and i find that it is too slow, so today i decided to try the 7-29 Autotuning maps. I reset the Procede, then loaded up the 7-29 DIC 6MT map for the Stock Turbo.

The car has been running fantastic, smooth and pulls harder than the stock tune i was running for a while. But one thing i noticed is that im getting a 'farty/bassy/boomy' sound when im about 75%+ throttle in high RPMs (like 4k-7k). At WOT it either performs well, or i cant hear the farty sound as much because everything else is louder. The farty/bassy sound reminds me of when it started misfiring before i replaced the spark plugs .Before i would get this farty sound, then a jerk, and a CEL. That was solved by the new plugs.

Am i losing another coilpack? Plugs? If so, how can i single out which one(s) if the car isnt actually misfiring yet? Is it something else entirely? I attached a datalog to help the cause. It started out from a standstill and i got on it in 2nd and kept it till the end of 3rd.

Thanks for the support,

Eric

And here is a photo of some of the data:

Click here to enlarge

I am having trouble attaching the CSV file to this thread, so sent me a PM with your email if you want to check it out. The channels that im displaying go in this order:

View 1: Both AFR banks
    View 2: Boost
    View 3: RPM
    View 4: Both Fuel Trim Banks
    View 5: IAT
    View 6: Throttle Position

At around the 16 second mark the AFRs are at a steady 11.2 - 11.6 (this is third gear). Same thing at the 12 second mark in second gear. The boost is flat-lining at around 13 psi at WOT.

Appreciate all the info i can get! The sound truly is 'farty' or 'bassy' blasting sound when under heavy load. I texted @E90SoFlo and he thought it might be a coilpack going out. Let me know what you think! Id be more than happy to upload anything else you need to help me figure it out! I know @Terry@BMS will know how to interpret this easily even though it isnt his job to do so. Thats what makes him amazing Click here to enlarge

-Eric

PS- Sorry for any $#@!ty grammar, get over it Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Eric335; 04-22-2013 at 04:50 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have a hard time reading Procede's separated datalogs, but looks good to me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    655 Post(s)

Too busy this week to look at the logs but that sound in general often means you're running lean. Maybe maxing out part throttle fuel trims, etc. So check those and the AFR when the sound comes up to see if there is a correlation. If there is increase open loop mapping in that area or reduce boost targets.
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 04-22-2013 at 06:49 PM.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I think it's funny that Terry responds and provides assistance before shiv or Vishnu in general
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

'10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by marv85 Click here to enlarge
    I think it's funny that Terry responds and provides assistance before shiv or Vishnu in general
    Lol. I know

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    Lol. I know
    how's is going on your end? PM me so we don;t thread jack
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

'10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Is it just me or are the fuel trims really high in this log?
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    Is it just me or are the fuel trims really high in this log?
    I have no idea. Not as familiar as i would like to be.... All i know is shoot for 12 AFR at WOT and what the boost taper should be

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Too busy this week to look at the logs but that sound in general often means you're running lean. Maybe maxing out part throttle fuel trims, etc. So check those and the AFR when the sound comes up to see if there is a correlation. If there is increase open loop mapping in that area or reduce boost targets.
    Your the best Terry. Thanks for the time and opinion. +rep

Since im averaging 11.2-11.6 AFR at WOT, would this show that your opinion is correct? I have autotuning ON by the way, so not sure how much of a difference that would make...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eric335 Click here to enlarge
    I have no idea. Not as familiar as i would like to be.... All i know is shoot for 12 AFR at WOT and what the boost taper should be

Your the best Terry. Thanks for the time and opinion. +rep

Since im averaging 11.2-11.6 AFR at WOT, would this show that your opinion is correct? I have autotuning ON by the way, so not sure how much of a difference that would make...
    So I could have no idea what I am talking about but... your AFR looks fine IMHO but your trims are essentially maxed at some points... this is somewhat odd to me.
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    So I could have no idea what I am talking about but... your AFR looks fine IMHO but your trims are essentially maxed at some points... this is somewhat odd to me.
    HPFP failing....?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

3 out of 6 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Lord Voldemort is too busy trying to brainwash his sheeples and staying on top of all the posts that need deletion on E90post.
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Do you have debug byte 4 datalogged by any chance?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jeller Click here to enlarge
    Do you have debug byte 4 datalogged by any chance?
    What is this? The DME Codes?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Debug Byte 4 is the HPFP voltage output (from Procede to DME) signal. The lower you make it, the more the DME will compensate (increase injector pulse-width) for what it believes to be low fuel pressure condition. The catch is, if you reduce this signal too much (say below 1.5v), a fuel pressure code will be triggered

If it's near 1.5, which is probably the case,
    you have no more room. You'll need to get a base flash for fueling
    BSM 340xi M-Sport
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Beat me to it^

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

adjust open loop fueling to 100% 34.1 fuel trims mean maxed. I don't remember if AT maps have the scalar. If not go directly into your open loop fuel map and raise everything that's higher than 7 by 1. You can control + arrow keys then pgup and pgdown to control a grouping. Differences in Waste gate position will change the noise. Try 20% 50% 75% 90% here for wastegate rattle.
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This has always cracked me up a bit.. oh the irony.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    11 days and no reply from anyone related to Vishnu Tuning. Classy, Vishnu. Classy....
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I hate PROcede logs, but strictly looking at the 10-13 second range on the logs the Fuel Trims are maxed out, but luckily your AFR looks like it's still good. Chances are if you every hear from Vishnu, they'll tell you A) something is wrong with your car or B) buy the PROcede Rev3 and everything will work 100%
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Terry responds to emails in hrs (sometimes minutes) not days, upgrade your hardware and your customer service experience and switch to the JB4. Good luck with this issue, hope it gets resolved Click here to enlarge
    SYVECS Standalone l Motiv Port Injection with Fuel It Stage 3 LPFP l MFactory LSD l CFS Racing Radiator l m3 front and rear control arms l ST Coilover System Vargas Stage 2+ Fully Upgraded Turbos l Vargas Inlet System l VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade v1 l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes l Apex AERO-7 Lightweight Wheels l Toyo R888s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    OP if you're maxing fuel trims, you need to lean out your AFR bias a bit (11's is a bit too rich) and raise open loop (fuel pressure). Easy fix, just not user friendly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    OP if you're maxing fuel trims, you need to lean out your AFR bias a bit (11's is a bit too rich) and raise open loop (fuel pressure). Easy fix, just not user friendly.
    I just saw your reply, sorry. Ill double check my OL settings next time I can. What do I do if its at 0? Raise it to 10? 20?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have nearly identical logs to the OPs. I can also feel that something is not exactly right when I'm WOT in the top 3 gears. I am running meth as well though. If i'm running hard and start in 2nd and go all the way to the top of 5th its fine, if i'm on the highway and drop to 4th or 5th and go wot I can feel that the engine is just a bit rough. I think its time to make some small specific changes to a table just don't know where to start or how to do it safely.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    @Eric2335 OL Fueling is under User Adjustable. It seems that 95% is the sweet spot for most people, and what is suggested the most.

@themyst - whats the right way to adjust the AFR bias?

~Nate

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dblrguy Click here to enlarge
    I have nearly identical logs to the OPs. I can also feel that something is not exactly right when I'm WOT in the top 3 gears. I am running meth as well though. If i'm running hard and start in 2nd and go all the way to the top of 5th its fine, if i'm on the highway and drop to 4th or 5th and go wot I can feel that the engine is just a bit rough. I think its time to make some small specific changes to a table just don't know where to start or how to do it safely.

@Eric2335 OL Fueling is under User Adjustable. It seems that 95% is the sweet spot for most people, and what is suggested the most.

@themyst - whats the right way to adjust the AFR bias?

~Nate
    you will need to convert kpa to psi and adjust the fuel related tables in the user defined fuel tables. like I said it wont be user friendly.