Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 50 of 50
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    199
    Rep Points
    364.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cisi Click here to enlarge
    i got it all out today and the wagner IC installed :-D
    but now the turbo howls(maybe it did before, but i dindnt realize it. After a tuning im always slightly paranoid :-D), i hope there want be a turbo failure in near future. On the other side my old 120d had a howling turbo since 2004 ,it still howls but has near to 200 hp. (a friend of mine has it now).
    Def make a build thread for your 335d, are you doing it yourself or at a euro shop?

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    79
    Rep Points
    49.0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Puerto Rican 335d Click here to enlarge
    LOL cisi it howls like a BIATCH in heat LOL send us some audio of it, please, 22k more for my warranty to expire cant wait!!!!!
    yeah :-D
    i found one on youtube thats sounds almost the same:


    they say you hear this quiet often as soon as you remove the DPF...
    Im not sure, i have a slight smoky smell in the cabin (even when running fast, so no way it is coming from the end of the exhaust). Not strong, but i have the fear they didnt mount the DP properly and ther could be a leak...
    I will let the whole thing check again before going to the dyno.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    761
    Rep Points
    382.2
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    amigo Ron1n hv you video it yet

  4. #29
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    529
    Rep Points
    423.6
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Puerto Rican 335d Click here to enlarge
    amigo Ron1n hv you video it yet
    There's no sound. The only thing I've got atm is smoke (mostly white) coming out the tail pipes, and soot buildup pretty frequently.
    Click here to enlarge

  5. #30
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    761
    Rep Points
    382.2
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    amigo Ron1n white smoke doesnt sound right you sure you dont hv water going into the engine, might a gasket leak or cracked engine if white smoke comes out, check this out ok

  6. #31
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    529
    Rep Points
    423.6
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Puerto Rican 335d Click here to enlarge
    amigo Ron1n white smoke doesnt sound right you sure you dont hv water going into the engine, might a gasket leak or cracked engine if white smoke comes out, check this out ok
    It's the urea coming out. Since there's no secondary cat anymore to block it, it's coming straight from the DPF through the exhaust. There's an injection nozzle at the base of the DPF just before the midpipe.
    Click here to enlarge

  7. #32
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    761
    Rep Points
    382.2
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    oh I see thanks

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    2
    Rep Points
    4.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ronin Click here to enlarge
    It's the urea coming out. Since there's no secondary cat anymore to block it, it's coming straight from the DPF through the exhaust. There's an injection nozzle at the base of the DPF just before the midpipe.
    Ronin: I am new to the board. Thanks for your tuning posts and sorry about the repair. What do you think caused your emission system to fail? Was it the stress of running the DTUK? I just ordered one and I am having second thoughts about installing it if it is going to harm the engine and invalidate my CPO warranty. It seems like the 335d (particularly the emissions system) is so finely tuned that extra heat/ stress, etc will crater several thousand $ of components. What do think is at the root of what sounds like a total emmission system failure? Good luck with your rebuild.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    529
    Rep Points
    423.6
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5



    Yes Reputation No
    Honestly, I think that the tank of biodiesel I had in the car just previous to the incident is to blame. Since I've had the repairs done, I've reattached the tune and meth, and everything is running as it should (granted, I have a lot less backpressure without the secondary cat and mufflers now).
    Click here to enlarge

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    2
    Rep Points
    4.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Fair enough. I am going to install the DTUK after reviewing the materials and connecting Andrew. The product has been thoughtfully designed.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    55
    Rep Points
    51.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Great thread, I had a recent DPF/cat failure and was looking to go this route but he dealership ended up replacing them on warranty. I have a local tuning shop (ECUProgram in Calgary)willing to work with me they did my custom tune and said the DPF removal wouldn't be an issue. I also had plans to add meth/water injection (i have an aquamist kit laying around)but I am starting to lean to putting that on my ///M.
    X5d tuned & Lowered
    X5///M Eisenmann exhaust & HRE 22"
    Sierra 6.2L Tuned & Lifted
    700hp G35

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    199
    Rep Points
    364.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35 Click here to enlarge
    Great thread, I had a recent DPF/cat failure and was looking to go this route but he dealership ended up replacing them on warranty. I have a local tuning shop (ECUProgram in Calgary)willing to work with me they did my custom tune and said the DPF removal wouldn't be an issue. I also had plans to add meth/water injection (i have an aquamist kit laying around)but I am starting to lean to putting that on my ///M.
    Nice stable of tuned 4-wheelers! Can't wait to modify my X5d once the warranty runs out. Mind posting some pics of your rides?

    Btw, I use to travel to Drumheller and Jasper back in the day, great places for road trips.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    55
    Rep Points
    51.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hifiguy@gaphix Click here to enlarge
    Nice stable of tuned 4-wheelers! Can't wait to modify my X5d once the warranty runs out. Mind posting some pics of your rides?

    Btw, I use to travel to Drumheller and Jasper back in the day, great places for road trips.
    Its nice country for sure, Drumheller is pretty sweet I rarely go to Jasper any more but they both have lots of cool stuff to see and do.

    I don't have many pictures of my vehicles handy but I will find a few.

    X5d since the pictures I added 25mm spacers in the rear and 12mm in the front it looks more aggressive now.

    Click here to enlarge


    Click here to enlarge

    My Seirra

    Click here to enlarge





    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Sylvan Lake V35; 07-27-2013 at 03:14 AM.
    X5d tuned & Lowered
    X5///M Eisenmann exhaust & HRE 22"
    Sierra 6.2L Tuned & Lifted
    700hp G35

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,327
    Rep Points
    32,755.4
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35 Click here to enlarge
    Its nice country for sure, Drumheller is pretty sweet I rarely go to Jasper any more but they both have lots of cool stuff to see and do.

    I don't have many pictures of my vehicles handy but I will find a few.

    X5d since the pictures I added 25mm spacers in the rear and 12mm in the front it looks more aggressive now.

    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...7ae4339a-1.jpg


    http://www.germanboost.com/images/im...4da1721e-1.jpg

    My Seirra

    http://www.germanboost.com/images/im...07/seats-1.jpg

    http://www.germanboost.com/images/im...7/photo1-2.jpg

    http://www.germanboost.com/images/im...7/photob-1.jpg
    Absolutely beautiful! I mean both.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    55
    Rep Points
    51.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    My car and I don't have any of my X5M on photobucket yet...

    ]Click here to enlarge








    Click here to enlarge
    X5d tuned & Lowered
    X5///M Eisenmann exhaust & HRE 22"
    Sierra 6.2L Tuned & Lifted
    700hp G35

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    55
    Rep Points
    51.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Thank you sticky...I am a modding junkie I can't leave anything alone.


    One last one this the most recent one.

    Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Sylvan Lake V35; 07-27-2013 at 04:16 AM.
    X5d tuned & Lowered
    X5///M Eisenmann exhaust & HRE 22"
    Sierra 6.2L Tuned & Lifted
    700hp G35

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,327
    Rep Points
    32,755.4
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Create a thread for your X5 M when you get a chance... would like to see it.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    55
    Rep Points
    51.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    I just got it so i haven't really decided what is coming for it, likely down pipes then a tune...I have been on the fence about down pipes but today it sounds like I have a exhaust leak. It seems to be in the turbo to down pipe area I can only hear it when the waste gates open though Click here to enlarge If I am in there replacing or fixing things it seems like a good time to do down pipes.

    I am going to try to do a photo shoot with diesel and the M, it's white so it should make a good shoot with the two.
    X5d tuned & Lowered
    X5///M Eisenmann exhaust & HRE 22"
    Sierra 6.2L Tuned & Lifted
    700hp G35

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,327
    Rep Points
    32,755.4
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35 Click here to enlarge
    I just got it so i haven't really decided what is coming for it, likely down pipes then a tune...I have been on the fence about down pipes but today it sounds like I have a exhaust leak. It seems to be in the turbo to down pipe area I can only hear it when the waste gates open though Click here to enlarge If I am in there replacing or fixing things it seems like a good time to do down pipes.

    I am going to try to do a photo shoot with diesel and the M, it's white so it should make a good shoot with the two.
    Trust me... 100% downpipes and a tune. It transforms the car. Went for a ride in one not too long ago. Was surprised... you'll love it.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    199
    Rep Points
    364.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Sweet rides, and I bet you actually make good use of them unlike most in the States. Any clearance issues over rough terrain?

    I actually took the X5d 4-wheeling and the x-drive proved itself by sending traction to the appropriate wheels when the others were in the air or slipping.

    Looking forward to your Spy vs Spy pics. Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    yuma
    Posts
    3
    Rep Points
    0.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Cool man
    Remus Exhaust
    Remus Sport Exhaust

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    55
    Rep Points
    51.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Trust me... 100% downpipes and a tune. It transforms the car. Went for a ride in one not too long ago. Was surprised... you'll love it.
    My tuner let me drive his X5M last week....its a great sales tool! His had K&Ns, down pipes, super sprint tail section and an ECUProgram stage II tune...I was impressed it made mine feel like a Prius after driving his. I will for sure do his stage I tune. I looked at so many dyno sheets last time I was there I can't recall what it did, but stage II w/down pipes was about 680hp it was just under 600whp 590ish if I recall right. I would like to add water/meth to that and see if I could hit 600whp, as quick as they it will never be fast so I don't want to get too carried away chasing speed like I did with my G35. That's why I am even hesitant to do down pipes, I am speed/power junkie and I was hoping some minor upgrades would keep my happy.
    X5d tuned & Lowered
    X5///M Eisenmann exhaust & HRE 22"
    Sierra 6.2L Tuned & Lifted
    700hp G35

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    55
    Rep Points
    51.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hifiguy@gaphix Click here to enlarge
    Sweet rides, and I bet you actually make good use of them unlike most in the States. Any clearance issues over rough terrain?

    I actually took the X5d 4-wheeling and the x-drive proved itself by sending traction to the appropriate wheels when the others were in the air or slipping.

    Looking forward to your Spy vs Spy pics. Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge
    The diesel has never been off road...well just in the snow the pictures are actually on a lake Click here to enlarge I was very impressed with it even in deeper snow with all season 275/315 20" it was amazing. If I am off road(on occasion for work) I take the Sierra! Spy vs spy I never thought of that one Click here to enlarge I was thinking yin/yang but spy vs spy is better I might have to use that for a thread title. Click here to enlarge
    X5d tuned & Lowered
    X5///M Eisenmann exhaust & HRE 22"
    Sierra 6.2L Tuned & Lifted
    700hp G35

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,327
    Rep Points
    32,755.4
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35 Click here to enlarge
    ECUProgram stage II tune...I was impressed it made mine feel like a Prius after driving his. I will for sure do his stage I tune.
    ECU Program? Never heard of them.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35 Click here to enlarge
    I would like to add water/meth to that and see if I could hit 600whp, as quick as they it will never be fast so I don't want to get too carried away chasing speed like I did with my G35.
    You can get close but all wheel drive automatic sucks some power.

    You definitely don't want to go too far just do the bolt ons and you will be happy.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    199
    Rep Points
    364.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35 Click here to enlarge
    The diesel has never been off road...well just in the snow the pictures are actually on a lake Click here to enlarge I was very impressed with it even in deeper snow with all season 275/315 20" it was amazing. If I am off road(on occasion for work) I take the Sierra! Spy vs spy I never thought of that one Click here to enlarge I was thinking yin/yang but spy vs spy is better I might have to use that for a thread title. Click here to enlarge
    These X vehicles would be very capable off road if it wasnt for the unibody and aluminum bits. I was talking to a Service Tech and he warned me that some guy bent his X5 frame/suspension just from hitting a curb, ouch! Hamman has some off road packages I believe, but that's a few years away for me.

    Haha, spy v spy also sounds better than ying/yang, ill be sure to watch for your post!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •