Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: First run of the day

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Most baselines for this motor is 260-280hp. I'm just going to take the average 270 and multiply the amount of power from factory to predict the top on this engine will be 810-840hp. So every car will have a different breaking points.
    I said this thing two yrs ago when I said just calculate 2x the the baseline power to get max power out of max boost(20psi) and fuel(meth+e85)520hp.
    IMO 840whp <35psi on these turbos is the numbers they should be aiming for no matter what party is involved. Of course you'll be taking it one step at a time on the hardware and tuning side.
    Again people, this is just my PREDICTION. Click here to enlarge
    335xi Sedan 6AT || Weather(45-60°F)
    -PROcede Rev. 2.5 ~ v5 (3/17 maps) / JB4 (8/21 maps) / COBB (Stg2+FMIC LT Agressive maps)
    †Procede Map2(UT 45 - IGN 40) Aggression Target 2.0 (93 Octane) || 0-60 in 4.0sec
    †Cobb E30 LT (35% Ethanol/65% 93 Octane) || 0-60 in 3.9sec
    AR Design Catless DP || BMS DCI + OCC || ETS 5 FMIC || Alpina B3 Trans Flash || 235/265 19" Michelin PSS

2. #ADS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

So you have no flatlining post shift at all? I know your issue was 5th gear but mine seemed to be more a 2-3-4 thing. Very rarely happens now but before car would just fall on its face in 3rd and 4th and then pick right back up.When you did your flash what operating system did you use? I have a older laptop I use strictly for my car that's got win. XP.Do you think I can use that for the flash or should I buy a newer computer to do it with.No big deal either way just thought I had read it was ok to use windows XP for the flash but that may have been for inpa (can't remember)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AltecBX Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Again people, this is just my PREDICTION. Click here to enlarge
    You need to relax on the predictions & get something a little more scientific than guessing a motors max power by doubling BHP vs. Boost vs. Meth

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jzeee037 Click here to enlarge
    So you have no flatlining post shift at all? I know your issue was 5th gear but mine seemed to be more a 2-3-4 thing. Very rarely happens now but before car would just fall on its face in 3rd and 4th and then pick right back up.When you did your flash what operating system did you use? I have a older laptop I use strictly for my car that's got win. XP.Do you think I can use that for the flash or should I buy a newer computer to do it with.No big deal either way just thought I had read it was ok to use windows XP for the flash but that may have been for inpa (can't remember)
    I was flashed by @Cn555ic when the Alpina TCM first got discovered. I've recovered all post shift ignition advance on both my 93 octane & straight E85 PROtunes in all gears. Before the Alpina flash, I had advance timing in every gear but 5th + 6th (immediately flatlined & zero'd out the minute I went into either gear). Here's the DIY from Cn555ic on what you need to install the Alpina flash & how, step by step.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Thanks for your help. Repped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Wish you guys were in tx so I could pay someone to do this. Someone in TX has surely done this by now I would think. Anybody know of someone local to do the Trans. Flash? Moneys waiting on ya.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Glad to hear it. Registering nissanboost.com just for you my man.
    That's good to know it would be nice to have a bunch of boosted nissan's on one forum.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Wish you guys were in tx so I could pay someone to do this. Someone in TX has surely done this by now I would think. Anybody know of someone local to do the Trans. Flash? Moneys waiting on ya.
    It can be done remotely
    Click here to enlarge
    335i ~ JB4 ~ BMS ~ DCI ~ Active Autowerks CP & BOV ~ Borla Catback Exhaust

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    You need to relax on the predictions & get something a little more scientific than guessing a motors max power by doubling BHP vs. Boost vs. Meth
    LOL

i don't even know where to begin ahahahahahah

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sparky68 Click here to enlarge
    It can be done remotely
    How's that work?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1488 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mr.Squeeze Click here to enlarge
    That's good to know it would be nice to have a bunch of boosted nissan's on one forum.
    Well it is coming! Glad to accommodate.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1488 Post(s)

How's that work?
    Tuner gets files through e-mail or whatever electronic means and makes adjustment then you upload said adjustment. You can do a remote dyno tune for example.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

I think its mostly a combo of Skype and dropbox, at least the live version is.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Knew of etunes but never saw anything in the thread for alpina flash about this.Anyone done this or that can do this.I can connect to my car with inpa and bt. Is there something else I would need to flash my car?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1488 Post(s)

Knew of etunes but never saw anything in the thread for alpina flash about this.Anyone done this or that can do this.I can connect to my car with inpa and bt. Is there something else I would need to flash my car?
    The Alpina thing you need to do yourself. Essentially you are doing a remote tune by downloading the file and flashing it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    These are just ego pulls at this point. Nobody is going to run this amount of power on a street car daily. If you want to, build the motor.
    Sure we will. I bought this car as a toy. If it blows, it's not my DD anyway. Kill mode all day! Click here to enlarge
    E92 - Enhanced by BMS, Cobb, Helix, Wavetrac, e85

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Ghost Click here to enlarge
    Sure we will. I bought this car as a toy. If it blows, it's not my DD anyway. Kill mode all day! Click here to enlarge
    Don't listen to them. I have been driving the car on the 725 map since we took it off the dyno testing it for other things before the kit comes off. PLENTY of pulls and the car hasn't said a thing about it. We got what we need though. Kit is coming off. So I can get my poor brother his car back
    Last edited by VargasTurboTech; 05-04-2013 at 12:20 AM.
    Vargas Turbocharger Technologies
    Tony@Vargasturbo.com
    www.Vargasturbo.com

Making the world happier one turbocharger at a time
    N54 OEM - Stage 2 Batch 2 available!
    N54 Stage2+ Available now!
    N55 Stage 1 - 2 upgrade available!
    Stage 3 production kits almost here!
    Shotgun HPFP upgrade pre-order now!
    N55 World Record: 477WHP / 509WTQ, 11.4 ET / 123MPH
    N54 Stock Frame (100% E85) World Record: 645WHP / 654WTQ
    N54 (ACN 91 octane only) World Record, Stock Motor: 573WHP / 537WTQ
    N54 (96-98 octane, no meth) World Record,
    Stock Motor: 673WHP / 564WTQ
    N54 (ERC 109 unleaded octane and meth) World Record, Stock Motor:
    725WHP / 609WTQ
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1488 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Ghost Click here to enlarge
    LOL if a 996 turbo with a GT1 block needs to build the motor going to this level you think an open deck n54 that isn't used in professional racing somehow bends the laws of physics? Okie dokie.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)

LOL if a 996 turbo with a GT1 block needs to build the motor going to this level you think an open deck n54 that isn't used in professional racing somehow bends the laws of physics? Okie dokie.
    Well so far its doing a pretty good job defying the laws of physics then. Maybe I just got a wonder motor or something. But as I said its been on the 725 map since we lefty the dyno and me and D have been doing WOT runs in 3rd and 4th trying to work out spool and other things. Car runs like a champ. Hasn't used a drop of oil since I put the kit on. Honestly I am starting to think I got some weird super motor. This thing should have blown up after all the abuse I have put it through.
    Vargas Turbocharger Technologies
    Tony@Vargasturbo.com
    www.Vargasturbo.com

Making the world happier one turbocharger at a time
    N54 OEM - Stage 2 Batch 2 available!
    N54 Stage2+ Available now!
    N55 Stage 1 - 2 upgrade available!
    Stage 3 production kits almost here!
    Shotgun HPFP upgrade pre-order now!
    N55 World Record: 477WHP / 509WTQ, 11.4 ET / 123MPH
    N54 Stock Frame (100% E85) World Record: 645WHP / 654WTQ
    N54 (ACN 91 octane only) World Record, Stock Motor: 573WHP / 537WTQ
    N54 (96-98 octane, no meth) World Record,
    Stock Motor: 673WHP / 564WTQ
    N54 (ERC 109 unleaded octane and meth) World Record, Stock Motor:
    725WHP / 609WTQ
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1488 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Well so far its doing a pretty good job defying the laws of physics then. Maybe I just got a wonder motor or something. But as I said its been on the 725 map since we lefty the dyno and me and D have been doing WOT runs in 3rd and 4th trying to work out spool and other things. Car runs like a champ. Hasn't used a drop of oil since I put the kit on. Honestly I am starting to think I got some weird super motor. This thing should have blown up after all the abuse I have put it through.
    I understand you made the power and I congratulate you, props and much respect.

If anyone wishes to run this power on a daily I wish them luck with that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

FWIW, I6 motors tend to be very good at tolerating high engine stress. Moreso than flat-6 motors tend to be (and of course V6s, even though those are odd-fire)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    FWIW, I6 motors tend to be very good at tolerating high engine stress. Moreso than flat-6 motors tend to be (and of course V6s, even though those are odd-fire)
    +1. Inline 4s as well, but the extra displacement and no need for balance shafts on the 6 is nice.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    There is no reason for not running 725whp daily, but its always nice to get a real life confirmation that it has been done.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    430 Post(s)

The pistons aren't forged but they are pretty stout, and the DME is great at pulling advance if it gets in trouble. Most of the N54 pistons I've seen damaged have appeared to have run lean. Keep the fuel flowing and it seems to hold up well. The main thing for customers to understand though is there is an inherent risk there. So just understand at some point forged pistons may need to go in at these power levels.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

How come you guys aren't going to the drag strip with it? Street racing is cool and all... but I'm sure I'm not the only one wanting to see some results besides just dyno numbers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1488 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    Why is that? I6's tend to suffer to camshaft vibration but that's more of a revs issue but...

Click here to enlarge

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast