Close

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    For what it's worth the 6 speed in this car is very nice. I don't know if that makes the pill any easier or not but compared to many cars I've owned that were sticks this one is the least temperamental.

Plus, nobody ever asks to borrow my car :-)
    That's good to hear cause I've read mixed reviews from people owning both 6mt and 6at n54's. Have you removed your cdv?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    That's good to hear cause I've read mixed reviews from people owning both 6mt and 6at n54's. Have you removed your cdv?
    Yes I removed it about 10k miles ago. I really disliked the CDV at first, but after a while I got used to it. Basically you can just let off the gas some and dump the clutch and it's smooth into the next gear with the CDV in place, you don't have to mind the pedal much at all. It wasn't as consistent of a feeling when I first got the car (wasn't used to CDV's). Sometimes it was soft, sometimes firmer, but never really a "problem". I did the mod anyway though.

Without the CDV I got a little more feedback from the pedal, I like it a bit more that way. Honestly my only complaint when I first got the car was with the engines "responsiveness" under free rev, it took a little getting used to for general upshifts and rev matched downshifts. But you get used to it and then it's silky smooth. I feel the heavy dual mass flywheel and throttle by wire are most responsible for that. The only other thing the car really feels to lack with a 6MT is a LSD. It's painfully obvious with the 6MT since you are so much more connected to the car.

I deal with Houston traffic every day, and while I complain sometimes, I do enjoy driving it on a daily basis. A family member has an E93 with the step (and my damn cobb...) I drive a lot too. It's great for an auto especially in sport mode, 2nd gear launches are fun. It just seems to leave something lacking for me after getting used to my E92, and it's way slower feeling (a few hundred pounds from the convertible and trans will do that). Just my $0.02, and also I'm still on the OEM clutch, so that may change things (although IMO for the better, I love sticky clutches).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    Yes I removed it about 10k miles ago. I really disliked the CDV at first, but after a while I got used to it. Basically you can just let off the gas some and dump the clutch and it's smooth into the next gear with the CDV in place, you don't have to mind the pedal much at all. It wasn't as consistent of a feeling when I first got the car (wasn't used to CDV's). Sometimes it was soft, sometimes firmer, but never really a "problem". I did the mod anyway though.

Without the CDV I got a little more feedback from the pedal, I like it a bit more that way. Honestly my only complaint when I first got the car was with the engines "responsiveness" under free rev, it took a little getting used to for general upshifts and rev matched downshifts. But you get used to it and then it's silky smooth. I feel the heavy dual mass flywheel and throttle by wire are most responsible for that. The only other thing the car really feels to lack with a 6MT is a LSD. It's painfully obvious with the 6MT since you are so much more connected to the car.

I deal with Houston traffic every day, and while I complain sometimes, I do enjoy driving it on a daily basis. A family member has an E93 with the step (and my damn cobb...) I drive a lot too. It's great for an auto especially in sport mode, 2nd gear launches are fun. It just seems to leave something lacking for me after getting used to my E92, and it's way slower feeling (a few hundred pounds from the convertible and trans will do that). Just my $0.02, and also I'm still on the OEM clutch, so that may change things (although IMO for the better, I love sticky clutches).
    I very much agree with the lsd comment on 6MT... anyone who really "DRIVES" there 6mt would hate the fact there is no lsd by the time you shift hard into second for the 3rd time or take one turn while shifting...

no LSD is pretty much a disgrace... but there are c63 amgs out there running around with an open diff too.. pretty sad...

with AT its not as noticeable for reasons v8bail stated
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Has anyone broke the level 10 yet? I have a built level 10 in my car and after it was broken in it hasn't missed a lick.I'm gonna throw all the stage II's have at it and see how it holds up. Then maybe stage III'S Later on.Was going to do stage III but missed out on intro pricing so I have to wait a while.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks chuck and v8bait! Repped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jzeee037 Click here to enlarge
    Has anyone broke the level 10 yet? I have a built level 10 in my car and after it was broken in it hasn't missed a lick.I'm gonna throw all the stage II's have at it and see how it holds up. Then maybe stage III'S Later on.Was going to do stage III but missed out on intro pricing so I have to wait a while.
    even with stock trans it's normal stg2 vargas or RB with meth, stock trans can hold well 480 rw torque, we want to see stag3 vargas with level10 built

good luck

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Ok then tell them to crank it up and see if they do it.

These are just ego pulls at this point. Nobody is going to run this amount of power on a street car daily. If you want to, build the motor.

You can push stock internals pretty far with a lot of cars for a glory pull but that doesn't mean they will last. The point of fatigue is also due to wear not just an arbitrary number. These motors have let go at less.

These pulls simply illustrate the power that can be made, not the power that can be made reliably for X amount of time with the stock internals.
    I will once I get my set of production units and will run 650+ everyday all day. If and when the motor lets go I will have a spare motor by then getting built by the same builder as @Mr.Squeeze and @ultimateendz , so I won't care if the stocker blows up. It's all in fun, friendly competition within my circle of friends.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blaizon Click here to enlarge
    I will once I get my set of production units and will run 650+ everyday all day. If and when the motor lets go I will have a spare motor by then getting built by the same builder as @Mr.Squeeze and @ultimateendz , so I won't care if the stocker blows up. It's all in fun, friendly competition within my circle of friends.
    Who is the builder you are using?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    Who is the builder you are using?
    http://www.westchesterautomachine.com/ They're a small shop, but they do great work. My friend has known the owner since he was in diapers. They are also building our friends Evo which will probably be the fastest of the bunch.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    http://www.westchesterautomachine.com/ They're a small shop, but they do great work. My friend has known the owner since he was in diapers. They are also building our friends Evo which will probably be the fastest of the bunch.

Short block is done on the EVO ,were suppose to pick it up Friday.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Cool let us know when it goes.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How's the Z @Mr.Squeeze ?

Went for a ride in nicks yesterday just around the corner though. His car is beautifully done too.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135idct Click here to enlarge
    even with stock trans it's normal stg2 vargas or RB with meth, stock trans can hold well 480 rw torque, we want to see stag3 vargas with level10 built

good luck
    I agree but my point is we are just getting to power levels high enough to see what the level 10 can handle. Until we slip or break one we don't know its limits. I do plan on getting the stage III just not right now.I'm just curious if someone has slipped or broke one.I haven't seen a thread of someone with an issue with a level 10 trans. only speculation of it just being a bunch of washers and springs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I agree but my point is we are just getting to power levels high enough to see what the level 10 can handle. Until we slip or break one we don't know its limits. I do plan on getting the stage III just not right now.I'm just curious if someone has slipped or broke one.I haven't seen a thread of someone with an issue with a level 10 trans. only speculation of it just being a bunch of washers and springs.
    do you have the B3 flash as well?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not yet. I started a new business recently and have been slammed.Just been jumping on here on my phone in between jobs. I need to get it done.Was hoping to find someone local to dallas or houston that has done one to do mine. I'm a computer idiot so I don't want to ef it up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    How's the Z @Mr.Squeeze ?

Went for a ride in nicks yesterday just around the corner though. His car is beautifully done too.
    The Z is great man getting she is just about ready for more boost.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mr.Squeeze Click here to enlarge
    The Z is great man getting she is just about ready for more boost.
    Glad to hear it. Registering nissanboost.com just for you my man.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LostMarine (who's 335i is long gone) and @enrita are the two guys with the Level10 trans. enrita's car might be running again with the Alpina TCM programming + Stage 2 turbos, so it'd be nice to hear how his setup is holding up to the increased power & if he's getting advance timing in every gear (6AT's have this wonderful attraction to timing flatline).
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    LostMarine (who's 335i is long gone) and @enrita are the two guys with the Level10 trans. enrita's car might be running again with the Alpina TCM programming + Stage 2 turbos, so it'd be nice to hear how his setup is holding up to the increased power & if he's getting advance timing in every gear (6AT's have this wonderful attraction to timing flatline).
    my trans runs very nice now with the Alpina flash. i am working to fix a E50 map now. Getting post shift DME interventions maybe due to meth spraying. see logsE50-rev1-23apr.zip
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    do you have the B3 flash as well?
    lost marine, did you buy a 335 by chance? or are you putting an n54 into your M?
    My n54 e90 is totaled Click here to enlarge looking for a replacement Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 335(ex)(eye) Click here to enlarge
    lost marine, did you buy a 335 by chance? or are you putting an n54 into your M?
    lol, wut?

edit- no, i love the M too much, and the dct and the V8

BUT, im waiting for my brother to get bored with his 335xi 6MT Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    lol, wut?

edit- no, i love the M too much, and the dct and the V8

BUT, im waiting for my brother to get bored with his 335xi 6MT Click here to enlarge
    u parted out your M, so i put 2 and 2 together and came up with my own conclusion that your car is the PRO EFI car and you are putting stage 3 on it Click here to enlarge and the alternative ending to the story was your M is the pro efi car with an n54 in it getting a stage 3 Click here to enlarge
    My n54 e90 is totaled Click here to enlarge looking for a replacement Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lolz

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Yeah I get the same thing. Seems really inconsistent (meaning flatline) as to exact cause.I'll do one pull and get a post shift flatline in say 3-4 and then next time it doesn't do it at all.I don't hardly get into the 5th gear issue as I mostly do 1/4 pulls.I can say that even without the alpina flash its way better and I don't see it as often.Most of the time its running map3 on G5iso with like a 65add. That it occurs. Anytime I drive the car I'm in map 3 so I'm not sure if it happens on maps 1, 2 or 5.Prob. need to do some logs on those maps just because its been a while since I've done any on those maps. Kinda waiting on the vargas stage 2 to get here and then ill do some more testing.So you have the alpina flash right? Just wanted your impression after driving on it for a while.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So you have the alpina flash right? Just wanted your impression after driving on it for a while.
    I have it, love it & it fixed my 5th gear flatline problem. I'm not sure what ROM you are, but I'm IJEOS (which seems to be especially susceptible to 6AT flatlining). The fact that it fixed the flatline was huge, but the faster/smoother up + downshifts especially with the paddles, makes it a must have 6AT mod IMO.

I WILL SAY that all the problems the ZF Auto has put in the way (the flatlining, no realistic 6AT upgrade, etc), that I have 100% decided that going forward any performance car I plan on modding with be a Manual Trans or a platform with a proven trans upgrade. Realistically, the only performance advantage the 6AT has over the MT is it's easier to launch (the final drives can be swapped), but that won't matter since no 6AT will survive Vargas Stage 3s.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast