Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just did the battery cable/wiring recall, car running better?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Just did the battery cable/wiring recall, car running better?

So I just had the recall done. The last couple of months I've had more and more missing issues, mostly on cold start. Both with Cobb tune and stock. This is with less than a year old NGKs at 0.022" which I wouldn't expect to miss at all. Just acted like it was running too lean all the time, which was worst in the cold.

So I get the car back and everything seems to run much smoother, and richer(?). Nothing but the recall items and an oil change were touched. So, the question would be, is this just because the ECU got reset? Or did I maybe have a ground issue that was affecting the O2 sensor readings or the injectors or something? It's only been a day so it's hard to be 100% sure, but it will be interesting if that was the issue. Also makes me wonder because the service guy who scheduled the appointment for the recall asked me if there was anything else I needed done and specifically asked if it had been missing or anything like that...

Anybody know if fueling issues can be tied to this recall in any way?

2. #ADS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Just picked up my car for rough idle which I thought was caused by a leaky injector since my cyl 3 plug was wet with fuel once... anyway got injector 6 replaced instead of three...

They also had the recal done, the car still feels the same. slight missing on idle.

I had the same issue on my old car (very light and barely noticeable bu I'm picky, I started with plugs. issue still there. Next coils, seemed to help but still there. Next carbon cleaning which helped but issue came back slowly. I finally replaced the pressure sensor (on chargepipe) for a totally different reason but that solved it. I'm pretty sure it's a combination of all of this but hey it worked... now I have the same issue on my new car which has 18k only
    '10 E92 335i, COBB

Ak335i is offline Member

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

OMG you didn't.... did you leave ANY mods on the car for the recall?? THE battery cable recall is a FARCE, I was told by the SA that its a scheme to get the cars in and document any and all modifications to protect bmwna In the event of warranty claims later. They bring your car in just to flag your account of any mods smh.
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 642whp 514 wtq -
    DYNO VIDEO: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...ight=6466+dyno

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

You're kidding right? It is a very real, very dangerous issue

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OMG you didn't.... did you leave ANY mods on the car for the recall?? THE battery cable recall is a FARCE, I was told by the SA that its a scheme to get the cars in and document any and all modifications to protect bmwna In the event of warranty claims later. They bring your car in just to flag your account of any mods smh.
    PROcede+OpenFlash, thule flat-top 6 ski rack, VTT Stg.2 Turbos, PWM meth + ADVAN in-boot meth tank, AMS fmic, catless (ur+ae), SPEC clutch/flywheel, KW V3 coilovers, etc etc etc...

Click here to enlarge

AWD > *

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

My rep told me the same. He even showed me the cable that was replaced. Looks identical and my old one which was not damaged or rusted in anyway.

Ak335i is offline Member

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by yamaharecker Click here to enlarge
    My rep told me the same. He even showed me the cable that was replaced. Looks identical and my old one which was not damaged or rusted in anyway.
    yep now that the emperor has no clothes, more will speak out to this blasphemy

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Interesting! Not all cars are affected though. I did not get any recalls, but my buddy who also has a 2008 model did get his recall letter.

Vasil
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

The potential issues are very real. A couple years ago before any recall I suffered these symptoms. While driving, all systems in the car would completely turn off/turn on. Luckily the car never completely died while driving on the highway. At one point when I went to get in my car it was as if the battery was completely dead. I couldn't use the key-fob to unlock the car (battery was checked and was completely fine).

my car is an 08
    PROcede+OpenFlash, thule flat-top 6 ski rack, VTT Stg.2 Turbos, PWM meth + ADVAN in-boot meth tank, AMS fmic, catless (ur+ae), SPEC clutch/flywheel, KW V3 coilovers, etc etc etc...

Click here to enlarge

AWD > *

Ak335i is offline Member

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

all I'm saying is.. change the cable yourself. I'm not saying it isn't potentially an issue, I'm saying that bmwna seized the opportunity to catch us slipping.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I actually need to update my sig one of these days. that's my old car which is now stock and sitting in my garage waiting for someone to buy her Click here to enlarge

I bought a 2010 E92 335i and that one is stock (Click here to enlarge) for now so I had no issues really

may be it is , but people have been having issues with this.
    '10 E92 335i, COBB

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vasillalov Click here to enlarge
    Interesting! Not all cars are affected though. I did not get any recalls, but my buddy who also has a 2008 model did get his recall letter.

Vasil
    weird, I;'ve received letters for my 2007 E90 and 2010 E92
    '10 E92 335i, COBB

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

all I'm saying is.. change the cable yourself. I'm not saying it isn't potentially an issue, I'm saying that bmwna seized the opportunity to catch us slipping.
    Isn't this a huge job? I have no faith in BMWNA's motives but to replace the cables in literally 1000's if not 100,000's of cars just to look for evidence mods sounds a bit far fetched. This is like an all day job.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajsalida Click here to enlarge
    Isn't this a huge job? I have no faith in BMWNA's motives but to replace the cables in literally 1000's if not 100,000's of cars just to look for evidence mods sounds a bit far fetched. This is like an all day job.
    I've been told it'll only take 2 hours.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

I'm planning on taking my car in FBO and letting my SA know I'm going to be installing twin GTX turbos in the near future. My CPO runs out in May and I don't care about the extended HPFP and Turbo warranties.

Gotta pay to play Click here to enlarge
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    +1
    '10 E92 335i, COBB

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I'm planning on taking my car in FBO and letting my SA know I'm going to be installing twin GTX turbos in the near future. My CPO runs out in May and I don't care about the extended HPFP and Turbo warranties.

I'd like to see the look on the head mechanic's face when you go in sometime with big turbos lol... I know they used to laugh when they saw my FBO plus meth setup so...
    '10 E92 335i, COBB

Ak335i is offline Member

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

yeah, see link in my sig lol. I'm not worried about warranty either. just givin a heads up to those who are Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I've heard its two hours too. I'm scheduled to have mine done May 7th and i'm bringing my car as is Monday to talk to the SA. I want to get turbos replaced so Monday i'm going to ask him if he thinks they will do it. If he says yes i'll be putting stock DP on but leaving the rest of the car modded. Just wanted to ask first since Dp's are a $500 job for xi's. The dealer also said they don't care about mods as long as it doesn't effect what is trying to be warrantied. That's why I plan on doing stock DP if he says they will replace them if I bring it in like that
    Click here to enlarge < Click picture for photoshoot
    E90 335i xDrive 6spd, Nav, Prem, Cold Weather, & Sports package - Msport Conversion
    More Pictures: Build Thread /// Shop I use: Aci Dynamix 408AWHP/ 483AWTQ Uncorrected Mustang Dyno

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just had mine done and the SA told me they have to take off the entire dash to get to the correct wire. He said it took about 3 hours

benzy89 is offline Member

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Derk1127 Click here to enlarge
    I just had mine done and the SA told me they have to take off the entire dash to get to the correct wire. He said it took about 3 hours
    Why do they have to remove the dash if the battery cable that is being replaced is in the trunk?
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    420 WHP on 93 Octane | 460 WHP on E85
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

no, they remove the fuse panel behind the glove box and replace a small portion of the wire. it's an easy 2 hour job

Click here to enlarge

AWD > *

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Good to know thanks.

BoostAddict is offline Member

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Just picked up my car from getting the cable. It feels 100x's better. It's also much faster. But I got new turbos with that cable lol
    '08 335i 6mt SGM/Terra
    '97 M3/4/5 in progress PT6766
    '97 Jetta TDi 16v ABA Turbo PT6266
    '04 350z 475whp stock block SOLD
    '00 323i SOLD Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostAddict Click here to enlarge
    Just picked up my car from getting the cable. It feels 100x's better. It's also much faster. But I got new turbos with that cable lol
    I think it has to do more with the cable in your case Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
    '10 E92 335i, COBB

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Just got my car back also with the new cable, and new valve cover gasket.

I think they reset my ECU though, power still there just have to go deeper on the throttle
    > AP-V3 & Cobb Protuned by PTF: (New Times Coming Soon)
    > RENNtech Tuning: 11.78 ET @ 116 Mph in 1/4 mile
    > Dinan Stage 3: 12.5 ET (Best) 111 Mph (Best) in 1/4 mile
    > 400+ launches, 3 Driveshafts, No DCT Slippage, Flash Only

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast