Close

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

E34 540i with 4.9L M62

Hi all. This is the best forum I have had the pleasure to join. I am the somewhat proud owner of a 1995 540i 6spd. I bought my car 5 years ago and it came with everything Dinan offered for the E34 540i. That was a Powerdyne supercharger kit, stage3 brakes (from a 850 CSI), stage4 suspension, Dinan 3.15 diff/LSD and SSK. I wanted alittle more power and made the mistake of going to a Unichip tuner. He blew up my engine, but told me it was because of a weak motor. and being at the time dumber and more stupid (than I am nowClick here to enlarge), I believed him. I had a BMW factory M62 installed with alittle modification to the CPS. And swaped out the belt drive Powerdyne for a gear drive XB1A.Well, he blew up that motor too. It took awhile, but from the start it always had some oil in the intake and my MAF. So, after around 750 miles I did a leak down and a compression test. I had low compression on my 8 cylinder. I had the engine apart to discover a cracked piston ring. I have a new shop now.

My close friend had Rebello Racing rebuild his S62 engine and they did a great job, so I went to them. We decided on a fully biult motor. We used Rebello Racing spec'd coated and tefloned JE pistons (9.5:1), Arrow rods, a S62 crankshaft that had to have 1 row of timing teeth shaved off, Rebello re-ground cams for FI, and iron sleeved block. My engine is now alittle under 4.9L with a bore of 92.5 and stroke of 89. Also had the heads port-n-polished.

S62 crankshaft:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Here is my cutom Clutchmaster 850 dual disck clutch/LWFW:
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

I am gettting a Vortech V7YSi to replace my Powerdyne:
    Click here to enlarge

engine in car :
    Click here to enlarge

and now will ship car down to RMS for custom aftercooler/intake manifold:
    Click here to enlarge

and here is my 540i:
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I also sold my Hamann PG2's and got some BBS RGR 18x10 and 18x8.5:

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    SHEEZ!!!

That thing is ready for a twin turbo set up.
    Built, polished, creamy, beaver, nice

Sorry to read about problems with previous shop's disabilities.

I will tell you that I like your cars ass more than her face
    (I have a narrow kidney preference Click here to enlarge

Other than that.... a BLOWN V8 (with creamy innerds)
    RG-R rims Click here to enlarge (I own them too)
    CUSTOM intake manifold....
    Poarn?

Moar?

What colour is the interior?
    Click here to enlarge
    milkt org

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    damnn that thing is just sooo pure sekss Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have black interior with red BMW Motorsport seat belts. I had my wood trim sprayed Porche silver:

Click here to enlarge

I am also an audiohead, so I have the mandatory 2K watts of Arc Audio Zeff Reference and MB Quart Q:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

trunk:

Click here to enlarge

behind amps and facing into my cabin thru my ski-pass is a 12" sealed Arc Audio sub:

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice.
    E34 is xezy
    Your leather looks good.
    What is that center console gauge box ?

I just had a guy drop by moments ago with his 93 Touring w/ 5 speed S50 swap.
    He is selling it for 3500. Click here to enlarge

Its hard to find decent interior on the E34.
    Any dynos on yours yet?
    Any turbo manifolds in the works?
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    milkt org

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow! Absolutely amazing car!Click here to enlarge We need pics of it sitting on the RGRs! and, yes, also interested in how much power it makes!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I was wondering when you would post.So is Basil's car almost done so you can get in there with your car? As well what radiator are you using?What about the exhaust can?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by milkt Click here to enlarge
    Nice.
    E34 is xezy
    Your leather looks good.
    What is that center console gauge box ?

I just had a guy drop by moments ago with his 93 Touring w/ 5 speed S50 swap.
    He is selling it for 3500. Click here to enlarge

Its hard to find decent interior on the E34.
    Any dynos on yours yet?
    Any turbo manifolds in the works?
    Click here to enlarge
    My center gauges are are classic Auto Meter Ultra lites. I will be replacing them with PLX. I am S/C , so I have RMS headers. I dyno'd on my old M60 on 4 psi to 360 rwhp at Edge Motorworks. So, now I will be limiting myself to 700 rwhp.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dirt11 Click here to enlarge
    I was wondering when you would post.So is Basil's car almost done so you can get in there with your car? As well what radiator are you using?What about the exhaust can?
    Basil's car is almost done (finally). RMS had to do everything custom and replace everything D/A did. Rebello also had to re-build the D/A engine. So, I am patiently waiting. Basil is having his the "full-monty" treatment, so I can understand why it is taking so long. I will be getting the "1/2 monty treatment". Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dirt11 Click here to enlarge
    Radiator right now is stock and will have RMS headers, cat delete and Eisenmann Race.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    RMS is doing the aftercooler/intake manifold? Good luck...

Don't get me wrong, the design you showed in that photo is a work of art.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My friend's RMS aftercooler/intake mani for his S/C M5 is done, but is in red. I have pics, but I cannot post them untill he does. His car is almost done and mine is next. RMS has always had industry leady designs and quality. They had poor self admitted or importantly, over-worked management.Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BigM62 Click here to enlarge
    I have pics, but I cannot post them untill he does.
    Why not?

RMS has always had industry leady designs and quality
    Uh... I don't know about the quality part. I'll give them the hardware design, if you see it in person it really is nice. However, I wouldn't trust them with my car. It seems you are just needing the hardware though so you are safe.

That aftercooler/intercooler setup you showed looks like it is for a motor with independent throttle bodies, is that right? Is it an S62?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    RMS hardware has ALWAYS been very good Sticky.
    Its the customer service and tunes that could use some "support".

I have heard wonderful things about hardware quality.
    Click here to enlarge
    milkt org

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why not?

Uh... I don't know about the quality part. I'll give them the hardware design, if you see it in person it really is nice. However, I wouldn't trust them with my car. It seems you are just needing the hardware though so you are safe.

That aftercooler/intercooler setup you showed looks like it is for a motor with independent throttle bodies, is that right? Is it an S62?
    What do you base your opinion on? Internet rumors? Or personal experience? You should know better than to believe alot of spoiled 19 year olds.. I personally went down to RMS with a good friend and talked to Osh. He admitted some mistakes, and trying to do too much and spreading himself thin. But honestly, I look it as this, who was one of the first to do custom FI for BMW's. Not Dinan. If you asked for some custom work from them, they politely showed you the backdoor. Look, I am not defending RMS from the real past. I just know the guy has talent. Regarding the picture of the S62 with the RMS aftercooler/intake mani, yes, the S62 has ITB. But, and the great thing for M62's, is the RMS aftercooler has individual INTAKE RUNNERS. A slightly different design, but actually a better design with the M62's single TB for FI. One final note, some (if not most) cars that blew up were because the customer asked for "mo power" than what was recommended. I would like to leave all the past BS behind, and look forward to what Osh and Chris can do now and in the future. Thanks all.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Its the customer service and tunes that could use some "support".

I have heard wonderful things about hardware quality.
    Amen. and RMS is on the up and up now concerning customer support. "He who is without sin, cast the first stone." Wait, not such a large stone!Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I know, which is why I said:

ll give them the hardware design, if you see it in person it really is nice.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What do you base your opinion on? Internet rumors? Or personal experience? You should know better than to believe alot of spoiled 19 year olds.. I personally went down to RMS with a good friend and talked to Osh. He admitted some mistakes, and trying to do too much and spreading himself thin. But honestly, I look it as this, who was one of the first to do custom FI for BMW's. Not Dinan. If you asked for some custom work from them, they politely showed you the backdoor. Look, I am not defending RMS from the real past. I just know the guy has talent. Regarding the picture of the S62 with the RMS aftercooler/intake mani, yes, the S62 has ITB. But, and the great thing for M62's, is the RMS aftercooler has individual INTAKE RUNNERS. A slightly different design, but actually a better design with the M62's single TB for FI. One final note, some (if not most) cars that blew up were because the customer asked for "mo power" than what was recommended. I would like to leave all the past BS behind, and look forward to what Osh and Chris can do now and in the future. Thanks all.
    Internet rumors? I'm basing it on the facts, like these:

Is that enough evidence for you? Are those posts from spoiled 19 year olds? Osh ripped off a member of the royal family of Bahrain knowing he could get away with it. Are all those just some "past" mistakes?

No one is debating the talent, the business practices of blatantly ripping people off and stealing hundreds of thousands from people should never be forgiven. I can't believe people have such a shorty term memory.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    But honestly, I look it as this, who was one of the first to do custom FI for BMW's. Not Dinan. If you asked for some custom work from them, they politely showed you the backdoor.
    What are you talking about? Dinan did some awesome forced induction setups back in the day like a turbo S14 before RMS even existed. I think you need to check your info.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So, in reality, you are using your opinion on some guy in the Middle Eastern desert? ( I mean this as milage not culture)? And Dinan does FI the Dinan way, not the custom way. In other words, you go to Dinan and look at their menu and ask, " Can I substitute the 6" crank pully for a 7" one for more boost?" and you get the directions to the Burger King down the road. i do not need to check my info. I have beena Dinan customer since 1992. RMS's problem was they tried to satify every customer's own custom wishes, rather than offer only what made money in the long run. And by that, I mean a off the shelf, pre-made kit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So, in reality, you are using your opinion on some guy in the Middle Eastern desert? ( I mean this as milage not culture)? And Dinan does FI the Dinan way, not the custom way. In other words, you go to Dinan and look at their menu and ask, " Can I substitute the 6" crank pully for a 7" one for more boost?" and you get the directions to the Burger King down the road. i do not need to check my info. I have beena Dinan customer since 1992. RMS's problem was they tried to satify every customer's own custom wishes, rather than offer only what made money in the long run. And by that, I mean a off the shelf, pre-made kit.
    I don't really see what difference it makes where the customer is located? That was one of many customers, did you even take a look at the threads?

I think you are ignoring a huge chunk of info posted. I suppose this stop RMS petition is just a a joke? :http://www.petitiononline.com/RMS/petition.html

Like I said, RMS has very nice hardware designs but they have literally stolen money from people and they declared bankruptcy to protect their assets renaming the company Dream Machine. You can just look at the the BBB for this info, it isn't a conspiracy.

Like I said, you were incorrect about Dinan FI options as they had options early on and before RMS existed. Perhaps they are not to your level of customization but I honestly don't believe RMS custom tailoring things explains things like this:http://www.dtmpower.net/forum/vendor...chrome-m3.html That is not someone from the middle east and it is the same repeat story. I would think you would be familiar with the chrome M3 from Canada and the whole RMS debacle.

I honestly can't wait to see your finished car and wish you the best but you seem to be ignoring a mountain of evidence. Look, it isn't a big deal, the hardware looks great, but I'm not sure how you can just act like RMS has done nothing wrong. They have hurt and stolen from a lot of people.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey BigM62, Very nice project, VERY BAD DECISION goign with OSH and RMS! Just pray he doesnt do what he's done to so many people including one of our friends here in Bahrain!
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    Hey BigM62, Very nice project, VERY BAD DECISION goign with OSH and RMS! Just pray he doesnt do what he's done to so many people including one of our friends here in Bahrain!
    Honestly, his car is awesome.

Maybe we should just drop the RMS/DA debate in this thread and just follow the development.

I can't wait to see the finished product and I certainly would like nothing more than for RMS to be working on repairing its image and deliver to its customers what they expect.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Dude if you dont know the facts please dont talk! Go read about it all on m5board.com. Osh sold off all of my freinds engine parts like his block etc Oh and RMS is a BS company and always will be. I pray to God everything goes good for you and your friend and you guys get your cars back perfect! But please stop trying to comfort yourself by telling us that RMS is on the up etc as these things that OSH has done to people ARE TRUE! and NOT 19 year old's rumours!

Good Luck.
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast