Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by whoosh Click here to enlarge
    Your justification for expanding gun laws is an example of where you can go to a friends house and break an existing law by making an illegal purchase?
    I found that pretty funny too LOL

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    dont use common sense, it doesnt go anywhere. they would rather tell you that you have no right to self defense and must rely on police to come after the fact, or attempt to fight off the attacker with less chances of survival. YOU have NO RIGHT TO DEFEND YOURSELF!!
    BUT when out it the same situation, the first thing they will want, isa person with a gun to show up
    Yep... add to this the fact that those who are the most vocal about gun control in the media have armed security for themselves and their families. Peasants are expendable; peasants with pitchforks cause problems.
    Current: '00 S2000
    Previous: '15 M235i xDrive | '15 Macan S | '15 WRX STi | '06 Cayman S | '12 E92 335is w/JB4 | '10 STi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

pleae, do me a favor, go buy a gun today without a background check, or tell me where a person can do that right now.. tell me WHO AND WHERE in the US, a person can buy a gun WITHOUT a background check..
    Dude, not a question someone with access would answer straight up. There was a time not that long ago and not that far away where one could acquire a ballistic weapon, no questions asked, no reasons given, only the money has to be right.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by whoosh Click here to enlarge
    Your justification for expanding gun laws is an example of where you can go to a friends house and break an existing law by making an illegal purchase?
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    I found that pretty funny too LOL
    That is just one of many reasons why I don't believe that my friend should own any type of firearm. But under the current laws he has amassed quite the arsenal of rifles hand guns and shot guns over the years. I've mentioned my friend in other posts concerning guns and such on this message board before giving other reasons why he shouldn't ever own anything that fires a projectile.

Before we go any further let me state that as far as banning guns, a state passing a law where a certain rifle or a certain shotgun is illegal is absolutely not the way to go about the existing problem of gun violence in this country. I as most of you find the "gun ban" laws utterly laughable and nothing but a nice little footnote for a politician to refer to once he's up for election. How he bravely fights for the safety of the community and all that nice bull$#@!.

What I am in favor of and believe would help curb the problem of gun violence is putting a high level of responsibility on the current and future gun owners regardless of what state they live in. I firmly believe that if you want to poses a tool that it's soul purpose of existence is to take life as efficiently as possible you should be put under a microscope and scrutinized as to minimize any risks that are involved.

So yes I fully would support things such as:

1. Psychological evaluations every 3-5 years for gun owners
    2. Having to reveal to law enforcement if you are being treated for any psychological disorders and if you're being medicated for it.
    3. Registering every single firearm in your household with the local police, also selling any of your firearms and to who you are selling them. That includes future acquisition of firearms as well.

I'm sure the people who really want to own guns and are driven would jump through any hoop and perform any trick no matter how silly it seems to own one. And the rest who wouldn't I would throw them in the huge pile of ones who "probably shouldn't ever own a fire arm." And yes my friend who I've known since high school is definitely in that group of people. Hence if we stay the current course and do not enforce and come up with better screening, nothing will change. For some that's fine, for others it isn't, but once the next mass shooting in a school happens will anybody be surprised or shocked? With each of such events I find it more and more difficult to stir up those feelings.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by yage202 Click here to enlarge
    Dude, not a question someone with access would answer straight up. There was a time not that long ago and not that far away where one could acquire a ballistic weapon, no questions asked, no reasons given, only the money has to be right.
    It's easier than most people think. Even today.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/cjc/download...tclickfire.pdf
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    says the guy living in a place that still thanks us for liberating them from Nazi occupation..but yes, you see how well gun control works when noone but police carry..
    Yeah, next time we'll set up a few thousand armed civilians against one of the best trained and equiped armies of the time. Brillant idea... How did that not come to our mind? Btw what makes you think I'm anti-US? Because I question things? Because I fail to understand how you defend a system which obviously DOES NOT work? Has armed violence become so "normal" to you? I really hope not... And no one wants to take your beloved firearms from you. But guns simply don't belong in the hands of 90% of the population who don't have the training, responsability etc that carrying a gun would require. Me included. Keep the neg reps coming. The only thing which gets more neg reps on this forum than being critical on gun ownership is the word "Procede"... Click here to enlarge Srsly, I'll be in NY for a week in September, my first time in the States, and I look forward to an amazing experience. The whole gun stuff is just something I'll have to blind out during the trip. Cheers.
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Damn, my PC won't let me create paragraphs?! Sry for the collated text.
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, next time we'll set up a few thousand armed civilians against one of the best trained and equiped armies of the time. Brillant idea... How did that not come to our mind? Btw what makes you think I'm anti-US? Because I question things? Because I fail to understand how you defend a system which obviously DOES NOT work? Has armed violence become so "normal" to you? I really hope not... And no one wants to take your beloved firearms from you. But guns simply don't belong in the hands of 90% of the population who don't have the training, responsability etc that carrying a gun would require. Me included. Keep the neg reps coming. The only thing which gets more neg reps on this forum than being critical on gun ownership is the word "Procede"... Click here to enlarge Srsly, I'll be in NY for a week in September, my first time in the States, and I look forward to an amazing experience. The whole gun stuff is just something I'll have to blind out during the trip. Cheers.
    Hopefully you don't end up in a situation where you need a gun - it is NY after all.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sr20seb Click here to enlarge
    That is just one of many reasons why I don't believe that my friend should own any type of firearm. But under the current laws he has amassed quite the arsenal of rifles hand guns and shot guns over the years. I've mentioned my friend in other posts concerning guns and such on this message board before giving other reasons why he shouldn't ever own anything that fires a projectile.
    I think if your friend is truly unfit to own a weapon, you should do more than just post about it on the Internet.

I'm sure the people who really want to own guns and are driven would jump through any hoop and perform any trick no matter how silly it seems to own one. And the rest who wouldn't I would throw them in the huge pile of ones who "probably shouldn't ever own a fire arm."
    Why would I jump through any hoops or perform tricks to exercise a natural right that is protected by our Constitution? The odds of being shot and killed by a mentally disturbed person are significantly lower than the probability of being killed in a car accident. And yet the standards you outlined for gun ownership are far, far more stringent than what is expected of anyone who wants to drive a car.

We can very easily enforce speed limits electronically. Eliminate drunk driving with breathalyzer interlocks on all cars. We can track the whereabouts of anyone in the country with a cell phone, or by using a national ID card with an RFID chip. Read everybody's mail and snoop on their phone calls. Take everyone's DNA at birth and catalog it in case someone does something in the future.

All of those things are possible, but most people resist them because of privacy concerns. But for me to have a gun to exercise my natural right to self defense, I have to suffer invasions of privacy that nobody else is willing to do to save far, far more lives. The double-standard is incredible.
    Current: '00 S2000
    Previous: '15 M235i xDrive | '15 Macan S | '15 WRX STi | '06 Cayman S | '12 E92 335is w/JB4 | '10 STi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

They Got his Monkey ASS!!!
    Click here to enlarge
    Everyone has a photographic memory, some just don't have film.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The problems in Chicago clearly can't be fixed by more laws. The problem seems to be based with a certain demographic in the city.

If laws or no laws caused this Texas should be a constant firefight... yet it isn't.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Before we go any further let me state that as far as banning guns, a state passing a law where a certain rifle or a certain shotgun is illegal is absolutely not the way to go about the existing problem of gun violence in this country. I as most of you find the "gun ban" laws utterly laughable and nothing but a nice little footnote for a politician to refer to once he's up for election. How he bravely fights for the safety of the community and all that nice bull$#@!.

What I am in favor of and believe would help curb the problem of gun violence is putting a high level of responsibility on the current and future gun owners regardless of what state they live in. I firmly believe that if you want to poses a tool that it's soul purpose of existence is to take life as efficiently as possible you should be put under a microscope and scrutinized as to minimize any risks that are involved.
    it defends life as well. it defends honest people.

So yes I fully would support things such as:

1. Psychological evaluations every 3-5 years for gun owners stupid and one of the most irresponsible and criminal ideas ive heard yet
    2. Having to reveal to law enforcement if you are being treated for any psychological disorders and if you're being medicated for it.ialmost as stupid as #1, and still criminal
    3. Registering every single firearm in your household with the local policemore stupid than #1 what right does anyone have to know that I do or dont have a firearm. law enforcement is not better than I, that is the definition os being a slave, and im pretty sure, tyranny, also selling any of your firearms and to who you are selling them That includes future acquisition of firearms as well.

I'm sure the people who really want to own guns and are driven would jump through any hoop and perform any trick no matter how silly it seems to own one. And the rest who wouldn't I would throw them in the huge pile of ones who "probably shouldn't ever own a fire arm." And yes my friend who I've known since high school is definitely in that group of people. Hence if we stay the current course and do not enforce and come up with better screening, nothing will change. For some that's fine, for others it isn't, but once the next mass shooting in a school happens will anybody be surprised or shocked? With each of such events I find it more and more difficult to stir up those feelings.

sorry, i had gotten called to go in early before i could finish my argument.

so, to recap,
    1 chicago, the safest city in the US thanks to strict gun control
    2. you can legally buy a shotgun in LI NY with no background check- this must be stopped because background checks prevent gun crime

now, i cant even accuratley complete my statement here, because the stats are so low.. but, safe city, Chicago, had 500+ gun murders in 2012- strcit, VERY STRICT gun control

Long Island- I cant even find gun murder stats for LI because its so low, and we are waiting for 2012 FBI results.. so I have to go by 2011.

in 2011, NY STATE had 44x firearms murders

let that sink in again.. an ENTIRE STATE, that has no background checks, had less firearms murder than 1 city that doesnt allow anyone than law enforcement and criminals carry a weapon..

re-read that one more time:
    an ENTIRE STATE, that has no background checks, had less firearms murder than 1 city that doesnt allow anyone than law enforcement and criminals carry a weapon..\

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr...ables/table-20

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I no longer care to discuss this any further. I've said what I wanted to and I'm perfectly ok living the rest of my life knowing that there are people who disagree with me.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I no longer care to discuss this any further. I've said what I wanted to and I'm perfectly ok living the rest of my life knowing that there are people who disagree with me.
    ok, new topic
    what do you think about this:

Click here to enlarge
    FBI interviewed Boston Marathon bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, for possible extremist ties two years ago, but let him go. Tamerlan Tsarnaev also had a domestic violence conviction 2009. His mother warned FBI her son was involved in jihad and extremism - still NOT deported!!!

Chechen Muslim terrorist Tamerlan Tsarnaev, who is now dead had a domestic violence conviction 2009 and could have been deported. This means, Obama let these Jihadists stay in the country, even after they should have been deported.

One of the Chechen terrorists who carried out the Boston Marathon bombings could have been deported years ago after a criminal conviction and the other was granted American citizenship on the 11th anniversary of the worst terrorist attack on U.S. soil.

The FBI revealed on Friday that they had interviewed Boston Marathon bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev in 2011, after a 'foreign' government alerted officials that he had possible ties to extremists. Remember the FBI reached out to the public and asked for help in identifying these two terrorists! This despite the fact they interviewed Tamerlan Tsarnaev and had files and data on him!

Federal officials claim they vetted the Chechen refugee but found no incriminating information after a thorough investigation. Federal authorities determined that there were no conclusive links between Tamerlan and any extremist groups.

The government that asked for the investigation was not identified but it is speculated that Russia could have issued the request, based on fears that Tamerlan had links to Chechen extremists.

Tamerlan Tsarnaev's mother told FBI years ago he was involved in jihad. Tamerlan Tsarnaev's mother told FBI years ago he was involved in jihad and went to extremist websites. FBI did absolutely NOTHING for over two years.

Tamerlan Tsarnaev, the 26-year-old killed in a wild shootout with police, was a legal U.S. resident who nevertheless could have been removed from the country after a 2009 domestic violence conviction, according to a Judicial Watch source. That means the Obama administration missed an opportunity to deport Tsarnaev but evidently didn’t feel he represented a big enough threat.

Years before these Chechen terrorists carried out the Boston Marathon bombings Judicial Watch uncovered critical intelligence documents detailing al Qaeda’s activities in Chechnya, including the creation of a 1995 camp—ordered by Osama bin Laden—to train “international terrorists” to carry out plots against Americans and Westerners.

The goal, according to the once-classified documents obtained in 2011, was to “establish a worldwide Islamic state capable of directly challenging the U.S., China, Russia, and what it views as Judeo-Christian and Confucian domination.” Further, radical Islamic regimes were to be established and supported everywhere possible, from “sea to sea,” including Chechnya. “Terrorist activities are to be conducted against Americans and westerners…” according to the report issued by the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA).
    @LZH

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I will add that most if not all of the mass shootings were done by people who would have passed back ground checks and could legally own a fire arm. leaving out the age restriction . this topic has been hashed out a million times and the only conclusion I can come up with is the government wants us disarmed . I know its a conspiracy ...... but there is no real data to show that there is a crisis here for gods sake more people die each year from dog attacks .< don't know if that's true just trying to get the point across of how ridiculous these guns laws are if you relate it to how many people die from knives,bats,cars, dogs , fn slipping in the bathroom.you think the government does whatever it wants now wait till the whole country is disarmed its game over at that point .the big problem I see is that people are afraid of guns because they just haven't had them around much so they believe everything the mainstream tells them .pull a gun out and set it on the table in a room full of people and see how uncomfortable they get .trust me I know my whole family and extended family carry . yep the safest place in town is at my house during thanksgiving Click here to enlarge lol....

thumbs up to LM and everyone else here . keep up the fight !!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't need no stinking gun... I haz ninja powers.

Its getting crazy so here is what I propose, when someone breaks into your house don't use a gun! Break out your long sword and cut the "intruder" in half. When the cops show up you simply state... "didn't want to be another statistic for gun control, write this one up as fun control". LOL! Cops will think your a nut, and collect your sword and call it a day.

Now I wonder what they would say if you stabbed him with a long spear and he ran outside and died?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Im stocking up on blow darts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    they will just make it illegal( castle doctrine ) like some other countries and you will be required to run out the back door or go to jail for trying to protect yourself/property

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cwarren Click here to enlarge
    I will add that most if not all of the mass shootings were done by people who would have passed back ground checks and could legally own a fire arm. leaving out the age restriction . this topic has been hashed out a million times and the only conclusion I can come up with is the government wants us disarmed . I know its a conspiracy ...... but there is no real data to show that there is a crisis here for gods sake more people die each year from dog attacks .< don't know if that's true just trying to get the point across of how ridiculous these guns laws are if you relate it to how many people die from knives,bats,cars, dogs , fn slipping in the bathroom.you think the government does whatever it wants now wait till the whole country is disarmed its game over at that point .the big problem I see is that people are afraid of guns because they just haven't had them around much so they believe everything the mainstream tells them .pull a gun out and set it on the table in a room full of people and see how uncomfortable they get .trust me I know my whole family and extended family carry . yep the safest place in town is at my house during thanksgiving Click here to enlarge lol....

thumbs up to LM and everyone else here . keep up the fight !!
    Wait, you mean guns don't kill people? People kill people? When did that happen? You are making logic, stop it or the government will come take your guns! I can set a loaded gun on the kitten table and not a single person in my house is uncomfortable with it. My kids know what it is, they all know how to shoot it (well with exception of my 2 year old) and they all know its designed as a tool for death or killing. Its a very serious thing and they understand.

We need to teach our kids, parents, relatives the importance of gun control and gun use. The most important rule for my kids... you only reveal the gun when its time to kill someone. Its not a tool for intimidation, its not used as a club. When it comes out to defend one's self, someone's life is getting ended. Media, TV, movies have all symbolized guns as a powerful tool, a way to intimidate, or to be popular in a click. This is where the government has failed us. I will now take off my tinfoil hat and wish all you a great evening.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nerf guns?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cwarren Click here to enlarge
    they will just make it illegal( castle doctrine ) like some other countries and you will be required to run out the back door or go to jail for trying to protect yourself/property
    Better yet, when the bad guy breaks in... YOU kill your whole family and say you saved him the time. Call 911 and say you didn't stop the intruder but figured it would be best your kids died by your hand than the low life that broke into your house.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Nerf guns?
    Be careful, you might poke his eye out. Don't want to get sued for that!!! Its insane, guy breaks into your house, gets hurt and you get sued? WTF?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Im stocking up on blow darts.
    Dip the tips in Caress hand soap and you have a nasty home made toxin/poison dart.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hpfpupgrade Click here to enlarge
    Dip the tips in Caress hand soap and you have a nasty home made toxin/poison dart.
    I was going to dip them in holy water but then I'd be accused of being a religious nut job. The idea is strictly to protect against vampires. You know, blood suckers like politicians, used car salesman, lawyers, and door to door salesmen. oh and girl scouts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I was going to dip them in holy water but then I'd be accused of being a religious nut job. The idea is strictly to protect against vampires. You know, blood suckers like politicians, used car salesman, lawyers, and door to door salesmen. oh and girl scouts.
    LOL! Those girl scouts are just the government hiding in plain site.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast