Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

0 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

ANOTHER MASS SHOOTING!?

oh, you havent heard?

I guess its because it was in the safest city in America, thanks to strict gun control.. errr..

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/04/...kend-violence/
    http://freepatriot.org/2013/04/17/th...ing-to-ignore/

Four men were killed with at least 21 others wounded in shootings across the city since Friday night.The most recent death was Larry Ranole, 28, who was shot and killed in the 1200 block of West 97th Street Saturday afternoon, according to authorities. He was pronounced dead at Little Company of Mary Hospital and Medical Center in Evergreen Park at 1:35 p.m.
    About 2:45 a.m. Saturday Jonathan Santiago, 19, was shot and killed in the Humboldt Park neighborhood, authorities said. He was standing in a group in the 3300 block of West Beach Avenue about 2:45 a.m. when two males came out of a nearby gangway and opened fire, striking him in the chest, police said. Santiago was pronounced dead at Norwegian-American Hospital at 3:12 a.m., according to the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office.
    One man was killed and two other people were wounded in a shooting on the Northwest Side Saturday morning.
    Miguel Cancel, 19, was shot and killed in the 4200 block of West Irving Park Road when a gunman opened fire on the car he and two others were travelling in early Saturday, authorities said.
    He was pronounced dead at John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County at 9:05 a.m., the medical examiner’s office said. A 22-year-old man was shot in the left and right thighs and taken to Norwegian-American Hospital, and also transferred to Stroger, police said. A 19-year-old woman was shot in the right arm and taken to Norwegian-American Hospital in “stable” condition.
    Friday night, 34-year-old Kevin Sanders was shot and killed in the South Chicago neighborhood, police said. A south suburban Alsip man has been charged in connection with his death.
    Sanders was found about 11:10 p.m. with multiple gunshot wounds to the abdomen, authorities said. Sanders, of the 8900 block of South Mackinaw Avenue, was taken to Advocate Trinity Hospital, where he later died, the medical examiner’s office said. Police said Sanders and another man went outside after getting into an argument inside the home in the 8700 block of South Burley Avenue. Sanders was shot dead in an ensuing exchange of gunfire.
    Brandon Ewing, 24, was charged with one count of first-degree murder, police said. Ewing, of the 3700 block of West 119th Street in Alsip, was also shot in the dispute and taken to Advocate Trinity Hospital for treatment, police said. A weapon was recovered at the scene.At least 21 other people have been wounded in non-fatal shootings since Friday night:
    - The most recent shooting occurred about 3 a.m. Sunday, when two men were shot in the West Pullman neighborhood on the South Side. The two men were near 116th and Halsted streets when they were both shot at least once in the leg, police said. Both men were taken to Roseland Community Hospital for treatment.
    - About 10:13 p.m. Sunday, a 24-year-old man was shot in the leg in the 400 block of South Keeler Avenue, police said. He was in “stable” condition, but it was not immediately known which area hospital he was taken to.
    - A 17-year-old boy was shot in the neck in the West Englewood neighborhood Sunday night, police said. The shooting occurred shortly after 10 p.m. in the 5700 block of South Ada Street, police said. The boy was shot after “a verbal altercation” with another person on the sidewalk, police said. He was taken to John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County in serious condition.
    - About 6 p.m. Sunday a 17-year-old boy was shot in the back in the 1500 block of South Millard Avenue, police said. He was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital in critical condition, Fire Media Affairs said.
    - About 3 p.m. Sunday three people were critically wounded in a shooting in the 7400 block of South Champlain Avenue, according to Fire Media Affairs. Two were taken to John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County, fire media said. A third victim was taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital.
    - A 16-year-old boy was taken in good condition to Northwestern Memorial Hospital after being shot in the right leg at 2:54 p.m. in the 3600 block of South Cottage Grove Avenue, police said.
    - Saturday, about 9:15 p.m., a 17-year-old boy was shot in the Far South Side Roseland neighborhood, police said. The boy was walking in an alley in the 900 block of West 95th Street about 9:15 p.m. when he was shot in the upper left part of his chest, police said. After he was shot, the teen boarded a CTA bus. Shortly after he got on, the driver noticed the boy had been shot and stopped to call police near the intersection of 95th and Halsted, police said. The teen was taken to John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County in “stable” condition, police said.
    - Early Saturday, a man was shot in the South Side Auburn Gresham neighborhood. The 31-year-old man was standing on the sidewalk in the 8000 block of South Union Avenue about 3:35 a.m. when a man walked up and opened fire, police said. He was struck in the back and taken to John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County in “stable” condition, police said.
    Aside from the charges filed in the Sanders homicide, no one was in custody for the shootings early Monday as detectives investigated.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    we get conceal carry in June. I just picked up my Sig P938 Extreme, the perfect carry tool.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by partlowr Click here to enlarge
    we get conceal carry in June. I just picked up my Sig P938 Extreme, the perfect carry tool.
    ive been price shopping for a G19 for weeks, but the markup is crazy now and all the local shops are out of stock. i wouldnt mind paying msrp and not getting the MIL/LEO discount, but this is ridiculous. maybe now that we won a big battle, prices will return to normal

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    ive been price shopping for a G19 for weeks, but the markup is crazy now and all the local shops are out of stock. i wouldnt mind paying msrp and not getting the MIL/LEO discount, but this is ridiculous. maybe now that we won a big battle, prices will return to normal
    Yes, stock is low, shelves are nearly empty unless you want a shotgun or a revolver. I bought my new P938 new from a dealer and paid msrp but had to order it and waited about 7 weeks. Problem is now there is no ammo, I have a few boxes of 9mm rounds but not nearly enough. I can not even find .22 ammo for my Sig Mosquito. I bought the little mosquito when I ordered the P938 becuase it looked cool and it was in stock, it is a fun little gun and inexpensive to fire and suprisingly accurate.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sounds like just another average weekend in the city. Looking forward to June...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

You mean to tell me that criminals don't follow gun laws? The audacity!!
    Current: '00 S2000
    Previous: '15 M235i xDrive | '15 Macan S | '15 WRX STi | '06 Cayman S | '12 E92 335is w/JB4 | '10 STi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

1 out of 7 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

This post by Autobahn335i is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.

E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    Interesting:

And you want to tell me US don't need stricter gun control laws?? Srsly??

You really think it's normal that people start shooting each other after a disagreament?? Are we still living in the times of the Wild West or what?? Come on...

*prepared for teh neg rep flaming by the pro-gun faction*
    says the guy living in a place that still thanks us for liberating them from Nazi occupation..

but yes, you see how well gun control works when noone but police carry..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    says the guy living in a place that still thanks us for liberating them from Nazi occupation..

but yes, you see how well gun control works when noone but police carry..
    How will you make convince me that loose gun control laws, and loose background checks are the way to go?

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/I...203630141.html
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sr20seb Click here to enlarge
    How will you make convince me that loose gun control laws, and loose background checks are the way to go?

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/I...203630141.html
    I dont see your reasoning here yet. there was a murder and somehow that means we have "loose" laws and "loose" background checks? please explain to me the correlation from that article.. because i found this article to be a clear example

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/219936...-everman-store

expanded background checks on what? pleae, do me a favor, go buy a gun today without a background check, or tell me where a person can do that right now.. tell me WHO AND WHERE in the US, a person can buy a gun WITHOUT a background check..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    And you want to tell me US don't need stricter gun control laws?? Srsly??
    Until someone can tell us how the shooter acquired the gun, it's silly to talk about laws that may or may not have done any good. Chicago has the most strict gun laws in the U.S.

https://portal.chicagopolice.org/por...r-registry.pdf

In Chicago:

you must have a permit to have a firearm, and are limited to one handgun, which must remain in your home at all times.
    you must register the one handgun which you are permitted to own
    you must buy from a licensed dealer after passing a background check
    you may only buy ammunition from a licensed dealer
    you may not discharge the firearm except in situation of self-defense

Seems pretty strict to me, and yet this guy still got shot. Making more laws would only make the list above any number of lines longer. Someone intent on doing another person harm will do whatever they may to carry out their actions.

If you are suggesting that we do something to outlaw all guns, I refer you to our lovely "War on Drugs" in which all narcotics have been illegal since the early 1970's, and yet people acquire all manner of illegal drugs quite easily.
    Previous: '15 M235i xDrive | '15 Macan S | '15 WRX STi | '06 Cayman S | '12 E92 335is w/JB4 | '10 STi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

I dont see your reasoning here yet. there was a murder and somehow that means we have "loose" laws and "loose" background checks? please explain to me the correlation from that article.. because i found this article to be a clear example

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/219936...-everman-store

expanded background checks on what? pleae, do me a favor, go buy a gun today without a background check, or tell me where a person can do that right now.. tell me WHO AND WHERE in the US, a person can buy a gun WITHOUT a background check..
    You go ahead and post a news article about a murder in Chicago, a city where if I remember you said has the strictest gun laws in the country. So making it the safest city as you sarcastically put it. And that somehow makes and argument for your philosophy of how more guns in the hands of people will mean a safer country for all.

Now Texas, a state which is the shining beacon for gun owners. Majority of the population in the country think of Texas as the Mecca for gun owners and gun activists etc. It is also a state with high gun ownership so by your philosophy should be a very safe state, yet a mass murder happened there just yesterday. But somehow you play the dumb card and don't understand what I'm trying to show you. Ok fine.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by whoosh Click here to enlarge
    Until someone can tell us how the shooter acquired the gun, it's silly to talk about laws that may or may not have done any good. Chicago has the most strict gun laws in the U.S.

https://portal.chicagopolice.org/por...r-registry.pdf

In Chicago:

you must have a permit to have a firearm, and are limited to one handgun, which must remain in your home at all times.
    you must register the one handgun which you are permitted to own
    you must buy from a licensed dealer after passing a background check
    you may only buy ammunition from a licensed dealer
    you may not discharge the firearm except in situation of self-defense

Seems pretty strict to me, and yet this guy still got shot. Making more laws would only make the list above any number of lines longer. Someone intent on doing another person harm will do whatever they may to carry out their actions.

If you are suggesting that we do something to outlaw all guns, I refer you to our lovely "War on Drugs" in which all narcotics have been illegal since the early 1970's, and yet people acquire all manner of illegal drugs quite easily.

dont use common sense, it doesnt go anywhere. they would rather tell you that you have no right to self defense and must rely on police to come after the fact, or attempt to fight off the attacker with less chances of survival. YOU have NO RIGHT TO DEFEND YOURSELF!!
    BUT when out it the same situation, the first thing they will want, isa person with a gun to show up

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You go ahead and post a new article about a murder in Chicago, a city where if I remember you said has the strictest gun laws in the country. So making it the safest city as you sarcastically put it. And that somehow makes and argument for your philosophy of how more guns in the hands of people will mean a safer country for all.

Now Texas, a state which is the shining beacon for gun owners. Majority of the population in the country think of Texas as the Mecca for gun owners and gun activists etc. It is also a state with high gun ownership so by your philosophy should be a very safe state, yet a mass murder happened there just yesterday. But somehow you play the dumb card and don't understand what I'm trying to show you. Ok fine.
    what mass murder happened there yesterday? your logic is flawed, i dont see 20+ people dying ina single weekend in TX.

I also dont see the highest gun crime in the nation taking place there. What I do see, is that you are willing to give up your freedom, for no logical reason.

I guess i would call it laziness.. you want someone else to do for you, what you dont want to do yourself..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    what mass murder happened there yesterday? your logic is flawed
    4 people dead to you is a mass shooting/murder. But 2 possibly 3 if that person doesn't survive doesn't?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    4 people dead to you is a mass shooting/murder. But 2 possibly 3 if that person doesn't survive doesn't?
    4? there was 20 shot dude..

2 people murdered in your account, and 1 kid under a bed

do you blatantly respond with opposition to the right to defend oneself..?

please, you have yet to tell me where we can buy a gun w/o a background check..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    4? there was 20 dude.. 2, what 3? what are you talking about?
    I read it. I was talking about the 4 dead people.

2 dead in Texas and 3rd person shot in the head in critical condition, so there is a possibility this person will not make it.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

2 dead in Texas and 3rd person shot in the head in critical condition, so there is a possibility this person will not make it.
    please, you have yet to tell me where we can buy a gun w/o a background check..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

I can walk into my friends house and buy and walk out with a shot gun in a matter of minutes. No background check. Does that qualify for you?

Long Island, New York.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

ah, ok, i misread that part.

what do you want to bet that was done with an illegal gun, and drug related..? oh you know, that stuff thats illegal, but somehow any one of us can go get it..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I can walk into my friends house and buy and walk out with a shot gun in a matter of minutes. No background check. Does that qualify for you?

Long Island, New York.

no you cannot, dont lie

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    no you cannot, dont lie
    Oh you think you know my friend better than I do?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Oh you think you know my friend better than I do?
    Step 1: Rifles and Shotguns

• Under New York State law, rifles and shotguns can be legally purchased without a permit, except in New York City. There is also no state licensing requirement for possession of a rifle or shotgun except by:

1. A person convicted of a felony or other serious offense
    2. Anyone who has been declared to be mentally incompetent

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Step 1: Rifles and Shotguns

• Under New York State law, rifles and shotguns can be legally purchased without a permit, except in New York City. There is also no state licensing requirement for possession of a rifle or shotgun except by:

1. A person convicted of a felony or other serious offense
    2. Anyone who has been declared to be mentally incompetent

Sorry, I'm not making the correlation with what the above has to do with my friend being willing to sell me one of his shot guns?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Sorry, I'm not making the correlation with what the above has to do with my friend being willing to sell me one of his shot guns?
    Your justification for expanding gun laws is an example of where you can go to a friends house and break an existing law by making an illegal purchase?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast