Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 38 of 38
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Roanoke VA
    Posts
    1,632
    Rep Points
    2,248.3
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Yes Reputation No
    The log looks pretty good to me. The AFRs are probably on target where they are but it's a very good idea to monitor LTFTs and STFTs anytime you mix ethanol.

    The post shift timing issueissue isn't the dreaded "6AT flat line." It's simply that you're having timing corrections on cyl 1 during the shift. Timing corrections during a shift aren't a huge concern, especially if it's just on 1 or 2 cylinders. If your fuel trims are good i recommend throwing 1 more gallon of E85 and see if that helps the timing correction. However, it's possible your cyl 1 may just be a "noise" cylinder but new plugs definitely won't hurt.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tallahassee
    Posts
    1,483
    Rep Points
    17.1
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    The log looks pretty good to me. The AFRs are probably on target where they are but it's a very good idea to monitor LTFTs and STFTs anytime you mix ethanol.

    The post shift timing issueissue isn't the dreaded "6AT flat line." It's simply that you're having timing corrections on cyl 1 during the shift. Timing corrections during a shift aren't a huge concern, especially if it's just on 1 or 2 cylinders. If your fuel trims are good i recommend throwing 1 more gallon of E85 and see if that helps the timing correction. However, it's possible your cyl 1 may just be a "noise" cylinder but new plugs definitely won't hurt.
    Thanks. I am definitely a little lean off my afr target looking back on it. Not way off but lean especially midrange. Up top it's pretty much on target. Right now my plan is to try and burn off most of this e85 and get more pump in there, log fuel trims, and change my plugs. After all my base map is a 91 pump map, and my fuel tables were left alone. No fuel codes were thrown, not even 2aaf.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Roanoke VA
    Posts
    1,632
    Rep Points
    2,248.3
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Yes Reputation No
    I went back and compared your AFRs to where they should be(acording to the fueling table) and it looks pretty close to me...
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,197
    Rep Points
    1,802.8
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    ^Fair, I know you can run the N54 kinda lean down low. But like rader & I both said, anytime you're adjusting the ethanol concentration you should be mindful of your fuel trims to make sure you're not leaning out.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tallahassee
    Posts
    1,483
    Rep Points
    17.1
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    I went back and compared your AFRs to where they should be(acording to the fueling table) and it looks pretty close to me...
    Click here to enlarge
    Cool! Thanks for doing that for me. I was reading it wrong. I feel better now. Lol

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    566
    Rep Points
    577.0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    Cool! Thanks for doing that for me. I was reading it wrong. I feel better now. Lol
    I kinda thought so when we were texting yesterday. That's why I asked if you were looking at load and rpm to make sure you are reading the right cells.

    At this point add in more E85 Click here to enlarge but log trims!
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

    '10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tallahassee
    Posts
    1,483
    Rep Points
    17.1
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by marv85 Click here to enlarge
    I kinda thought so when we were texting yesterday. That's why I asked if you were looking at load and rpm to make sure you are reading the right cells.

    At this point add in more E85 Click here to enlarge but log trims!
    Haha, will do! Thanks for the help buddy.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Roanoke VA
    Posts
    1,632
    Rep Points
    2,248.3
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    Cool! Thanks for doing that for me. I was reading it wrong. I feel better now. Lol
    No problem, i didnt want you worrying about or trouble shooting a problem that wasn't there.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tallahassee
    Posts
    1,483
    Rep Points
    17.1
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    No problem, i didnt want you worrying about or trouble shooting a problem that wasn't there.
    Quick question buddy. Here is my log in graph format. What is this wierd wavy boost curve in the beginning? How can I fix this in ATR?

    http://oi42.tinypic.com/34qtteu.jpg

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Roanoke VA
    Posts
    1,632
    Rep Points
    2,248.3
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    Quick question buddy. Here is my log in graph format. What is this wierd wavy boost curve in the beginning? How can I fix this in ATR?

    http://oi42.tinypic.com/34qtteu.jpg
    Without seeing requested and boost mean I'm just taking a guess and saying you probably had a small over boost there. If that's the case then you just need a couple more revision in the base table to get it nailed down. However, it's been my experience that issues like that tend to smooth out after you get some miles(a weeks worth of driving or so) on the car.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    504
    Rep Points
    825.9
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    However, it's been my experience that issues like that tend to smooth out after you get some miles(a weeks worth of driving or so) on the car.
    With how much he drives his car, its going to take months for it to smooth out. Click here to enlarge

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    1,528
    Rep Points
    1,177.6
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Yes Reputation No
    would increase load where the Rpm lands post shift help? i noticed my car goes to 195 load post shift which causes DME intervention. i have now upped load in midrange , will see if it cures it.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tallahassee
    Posts
    1,483
    Rep Points
    17.1
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    would increase load where the Rpm lands post shift help? i noticed my car goes to 195 load post shift which causes DME intervention. i have now upped load in midrange , will see if it cures it.
    I don't know. Maybe u will give it a shot, bump up load by 10 or so right where I see that bump in boost. Maybe it will smooth it out? Also, this is on WOT onset, not post shift.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •