Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Question Decision time: Polyflex inserts or Polyflex replacement bushings?

So the answer to this might seem obvious, or it may not. I'm currently weighing between these two. RobC's DIY thread on the bushing removal/install definitely has pushed me in the direction of the full bushings.

I hear the inserts help the most with up/down transitions, the kind you see under heavy acceleration (the current problem I'm having of the rear of the car wandering way too much). It isn't the same performance as the full bushings, obviously, but I've read in a few places that the inserts will get you to M3 bushing level and rides similar.

1) So, for me, since I'm getting Stg3s, I'm not going to be hitting HPDEs with this car (so the decrease in lateral wandering benefit I get isn't such a big deal when compared to the inserts); I'll probably supercharge the 370z at some point. Are the full bushings necessary at this point? What's the community's take?

Price isn't an issue here as the bushings are $300 and the inserts are $150, hardly breaking the bank either way. The inserts come in as easier to install and probably a smoother ride.

2) What's the ride like on the full bushings? Anyone want to give their 2cents? Click here to enlarge I've seen statements on how they ride initially, but curious about long-term as I like to drive my car to work (only 2 miles away) and on small road trips once a year (about 1200 miles roundtrip).

Thanks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Do the M3s or full poly. I think the inserts are a gimmick Click here to enlarge
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by uniter Click here to enlarge
    Do the M3s or full poly. I think the inserts are a gimmick Click here to enlarge
    I'll have to disagree on the gimmick; more because I've used inserts before on other cars (my 240sx became a different car with just inserts and a J30 LSD). Unless they break or something. These appear to have little 'legs' on them.

So, one vote for poly bushings! Click here to enlarge Because M3 bushings are out of the question.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ordered the inserts! Click here to enlarge

I read a few more personal accounts that sold me on it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why inserts or what sold you on them? I don't know anything about these.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The biggest thing is they're far easier to install. They basically have some feet and are inserted from both the top and bottom of the stock bushing, filling the voids in them. They compress against the stock bushing making it much stiffer. I've read in several places that its very similar to running stock M3 bushings and they have a larger effect in lateral movement, preventing the weird wandering behavior that hard acceleration on a 335i causes.

And also, if I'm not satisfied, I can easily remove them and recoup part of my losses.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If your car had more than 50,000-60,000 miles on it I would go with full bushings, you won't regret it!
    JB4 G5, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR Dps, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid subframe bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295