Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by .:AT:. Click here to enlarge
    Thank you for the update and photos Chris! Question time. If you'll indulge me, I have some questions.

With a goal of 400whp/300wtq peak values on a very healthy 7100rpm S52, what are the answers to the following:

1) Can a V3 blower from Vortec be utilized? If yes, which impeller is preferred?
    2) Can a 3.5" BOSCH 803 MAF, unmodified, be utilized? (already have 803 MAF from N/A tuning installed currently)
    3) Can the factory throttle body be utilized? (I want as many OEM components as possible)

If no to any of the above, may I please know why?

I understand you are very busy and may take time to reply. Thank you for your attention and knowledge.
    You may use a V3 blower if you wish. For your power goal I would recommend the V2-Ti trim blower. We have 3 E36 M3's and 2 E39 M5's running that same blower with excellent results.

You may use the 803 MAF. We would need make a different inlet tube that necks down to 3.5". The V2-Ti has a 3.75" OD on the inlet of the blower.

We can make the stock throttle body work however, I would advise against it. With the V2-Ti you have a 3.75" OD on the inlet and the throttle body is 3.0". The MAF you want to use is 3.5". So we would need a 3.5" to 3.0" reducer from the MAF to the TB and a 3.75" to 3.0" reducer from the TB to the blower. I can enlarge the OD of the TB on the blower side by machining an adapter but the TB will still have the same smaller ID.

We did make one custom intake manifold using the same casting that put the stock throttle body in the factory location. This is another option but it adds to the cost as there is about 6 or 7 hours of additional labor to customize the manifold.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Thank you for responding in great detail Chris.

I'd prefer to use the V3 blower to avoid running oil lines to the motor. It's worth it to me to have the blower oil changed every oil change than worry about contaminants from the engine entering the blower. Likewise, the V3 blowers uses a 3.5" inlet and since the MAF is 3.5", it makes sense to install a 3.5" throttle body. My questions are:

> Can RMS provide the 3.5" throttle body? (If yes, what is the cost?)
    > Can the factory throttle cable be utilized with the aforementioned 3.5" throttle body? (If not, what is recommended?)

Thank you again, and I am looking forward to the full photoshoot of the M3 you mentioned! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

S50B30 Euro CSL Replica Intake Manifold Fitment onto S50B30 US engine

Hey there guys,

Sorry to revive this old thread, but I need some advice on this manifold adapter kit and would like to know if its still available and compatible with the idea I have in mind.

I prefer my car to remain naturally aspirated, but really want to install the CSL look alike carbon intake, with Turner Motorsport Stage 3 cams, bosch 24lb injectors, complete exhaust system. My target is a modest 300bhp on the engine.

On Ebay, there are very neat CSL replica intake manifolds made to fit the S50B30 or S50B32 Euro engines. I was thinking that this intake mated to the manifold adapter kit in this thread would work on my 1995 model S50B30 US engine. I'd appreciate any feedback and comments from those of you more technically inclined than I am.

Thanks in advance.

Stephen

Sorry I cannot upload the ebay link as I don't have enough stars to upload links. I'm very new here.
    Last edited by Dubai Steve; 05-30-2016 at 05:27 AM. Reason: spelling

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dubai Steve Click here to enlarge
    Hey there guys,

Sorry to revive this old thread, but I need some advice on this manifold adapter kit and would like to know if its still available and compatible with the idea I have in mind.

I prefer my car to remain naturally aspirated, but really want to install the CSL look alike carbon intake, with Turner Motorsport Stage 3 cams, bosch 24lb injectors, complete exhaust system. My target is a modest 300bhp on the engine.

On Ebay, there are very neat CSL replica intake manifolds made to fit the S50B30 or S50B32 Euro engines. I was thinking that this intake mated to the manifold adapter kit in this thread would work on my 1995 model S50B30 US engine. I'd appreciate any feedback and comments from those of you more technically inclined than I am.

Thanks in advance.

Stephen

Sorry I cannot upload the ebay link as I don't have enough stars to upload links. I'm very new here.
    I think starting a new thread on this topic may be a good idea. You can post links now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    OK.. thank you.

I will post a new topic.

Cheers.

Stephen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12