Close

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by G0TB00ST? Click here to enlarge
    Cant edit my original post, but I stand corrected max psi hit 697 on stock internals with the s54. Also a random thought, why would anyone want that much hp in a car like this? Yeah the n54 has been able to make insane hp relatively cheap, but it seems like any thing over 550ish is pointless. Even with all these hp records the trap times haven't really gotten any better. These cars can't put the power down. These cars arent straight line speed cars and they never will be (same for the high hp e46 m3s). I'm not going to lie though if I had the money for a 700hp m3/335 I would do it to just cause I can lol
    Or no problem putting the power down if you're awd Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge < Click picture for photoshoot
    E90 335i xDrive 6spd, Nav, Prem, Cold Weather, & Sports package - Msport Conversion
    Mods: JB4 + MHD, Doc Race ST, Pure 6266, AD-Eng PI/Mounts, Fuel-It st. 3, Custom Exhaust, Tuned by TwistedTuning
    More Pictures: Build Thread /// Dyno Soon to Come

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Sered, I am right there with you buddy. I wont sugar coat it, right now the car is spooling like $#@!. Something is wrong, we get 20 psi and it takes us 1000 more RPM to get 8 more. At 20 psi these turbo are spooled, any more boost should just be on tap and the boost curve should go almost straight up. I am not sure what is wrong as I have not taken the car apart yet, but it could be as simple as a leaking BOV, boost leak or plugged air filters etc. I will be trying to figure it out as this is a real head scratcher for me.
    Your honesty and transparency on this platform is much appreciated Click here to enlarge And agreed, past a certain window, going from X psi to Y psi should be very fast; unless the head flows a LOT of air (and we know that isn't the case here).

Is it possible the PID settings for the boost control are needing touch-up? I realize dzenno has the curve dialed in for accuracy, but how's the response? What you describe can also be explained by an inadequate 'D' setting in the PID. It might be hitting the target without oscillation, but how fast it gets there is another aspect of control loops.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Also, I'm not certain of VANOS's range of adjustment, but is it possible you're losing boost in the midrange because of too much overlap? I've got no idea what your settings are and from what you've said, it hasn't been touched; so its improbable. Just making guesses at this point.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Shiv deserves every $#@!-bone thrown at him. Through his own ignorance and phychological disorders, in a way he actually created BMS and PTF, his primary competetors. What an idiot.

It's actually kind of poetic.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tzu Click here to enlarge
    Shiv deserves every $#@!-bone thrown at him. Through his own ignorance and phychological disorders, in a way he actually created BMS and PTF, his primary competetors. What an idiot.

It's actually kind of poetic.
    So true. Click here to enlarge

PS. Too many posts over there to read. Has he answered why he is suddenly posting uncorrected smoothing 0 numbers now? Or why he is stretching the chart horizontally? The standard for this platform has always been STD smoothing 5. And for most platforms its SAE smoothing 5. If he wants to switch over to SAE smoothing 5 I think everyone would get behind that. But what he is doing now for some reason smells shady. He said he made "way more" than 700rw which is great but doesn't want to post that chart. If it was anyone else I'd say fine but knowing him I'm sure its because something is wrong with it.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

3 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    ^^^^

I asked him about the chart smoothing & he said I was trolling, that was the end of why the change thing as far as he was concerned . Noticed how wide the charts were too but figured there was no point in asking if he would not respond to the basic question..
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    I am 99% sure I know what happened and he is not saying anything. The place I have a lot of my fabrication stuff done, he built the stage 3 manifolds, helped me with the HPFP, I actually figured it out when I was over at his shop. Come to find out there are a couple guys who have been around who are in with the FFTEC guys since we are what 5 miles from each other and its a small performance world. I am 99% sure he figured out what I am doing to the HPFP system and just copied it. This opened up a whole new world to him now that he has fuel. He had his hands tied before, now he doesn't so of course he is going to say he could do this all along he just didn't want to, yada, yada. I could be wrong but the only thing holding him back was fuel even though he wont admit it. His turbos will make the same air as any other turbo and I have said it before the hardware is solid. Give this car the fuel it needs and it makes power without meth on 91. We planned on going back and finalizing our 91 tune as well. Figured we would easily get over 600 with it. This is all speculation, but the only thing that has changed is we figured out how to get fuel, and now suddenly he has too. I was hoping it would take him longer then this.

I thought this the very first second I read the first few posts regarding the new found power...
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    So true. Click here to enlarge

PS. Too many posts over there to read. Has he answered why he is suddenly posting uncorrected smoothing 0 numbers now? Or why he is stretching the chart horizontally? The standard for this platform has always been STD smoothing 5. And for most platforms its SAE smoothing 5. If he wants to switch over to SAE smoothing 5 I think everyone would get behind that. But what he is doing now for some reason smells shady. He said he made "way more" than 700rw which is great but doesn't want to post that chart. If it was anyone else I'd say fine but knowing him I'm sure its because something is wrong with it.
    I'm sure I can answer the question for the higher power graph. It looked bad. The answer to the question on why he's showing them stretched, you know what happens when you don't stretch it? It shows just how bumpy that graph is LOL Regardless, I don't blame him for not having a perfectly smooth graph as he's bolted a new turbo on the car and didn't have enough time to tune WGDCs and smooth it all out but its clear he's doing it for a reason and then on top of that taking advantage of that WGDC screw up at the top in the uncorrected graph to get the number he "needs" right now hahaha
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory Click here to enlarge
    ^^^^

I asked him about the chart smoothing & he said I was trolling, that was the end of why the change thing as far as he was concerned . Noticed how wide the charts were too but figured there was no point in asking if he would not respond to the basic question..
    I just don't get why someone who KNOWS people will pick on the smallest dumbest things would do stuff like that. Just say it how it is. That is apparently too much to ask of this man.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

4 out of 20 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

This post by shiv@vishnu is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.

Last edited by shiv@vishnu; 04-18-2013 at 12:55 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

8 out of 8 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    you mad bros?

Click here to enlarge
    Mad about what? They have a better performing platform, are infinitely more transparent with their data, better tuning, and have engineered solutions to things you stumbled upon for years? Putting a garden hose of meth bandaid into your car while they find real fixes hardly seems like something to be mad about...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

3 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Sered, I am right there with you buddy. I wont sugar coat it, right now the car is spooling like $#@!. Something is wrong, we get 20 psi and it takes us 1000 more RPM to get 8 more. At 20 psi these turbo are spooled, any more boost should just be on tap and the boost curve should go almost straight up. I am not sure what is wrong as I have not taken the car apart yet, but it could be as simple as a leaking BOV, boost leak or plugged air filters etc. I will be trying to figure it out as this is a real head scratcher for me.
    Tried to +rep for this but have already +repped you too much lately Click here to enlarge

you mad bros?

Click here to enlarge
    Amazing use of your 1 a day post limit. Keep up the good work. Who needs technical discussion anyway?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol, awesome... shiv trolling hard
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    you mad bros?

Click here to enlarge

And a little technical correction:
    -Dzenno stated at his tune was operating at MBT.
    -Tony stated "We are maybe 1-1.5 degrees of timing" away from 700whp.

The two statements are contradictory.
    They're not Click here to enlarge we were below MBT ran out of time hahaha ask Tony...where I'm from the dyno operator doesn't get to go home until I'm DONE lol

BTW thanks for the neg rep...wait, you can rep? LOL
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by psmith95 Click here to enlarge
    Or no problem putting the power down if you're awd Click here to enlarge
    I would love to see some awd 3s putting down the kind of power! If the drive train can hold up I bet they would put down some serious times
    E46 323i-rip
    e46325ci- sold
    e85 z4-sold
    e46-m3-ripClick here to enlarge
    fj cruiser- sold
    e90 325i-sold
    e30 325i vert-current
    http://theworstdrug.com/25

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Its ok, everyone chooses to do as they please. On our end, as long as:

1) Tony's asking for more power
    2) There is minimal to no timing corrections across the board
    3) There's plenty of fuel coming FROM the car's OEM fuel system
    4) We aren't relying on fueling the car with meth splattering the charge pipes!
    5) EGTs are reasonable
    6) Boost is stable
    7) Timing is at MBT

Only if all of the above have checkmarks next to them we'll comply to push forward and as you can see Shiv's not in the picture. Its become clear though that we are very much in the picture when it comes to Shiv's latest numbers, maybe at spot #1. Breaking something is inevitable, its a matter of pushing power and hopefully everyone is well aware of that.
    I hear ya, just do things the way you are, properly. I just wanted to air out what I think is goin on

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory Click here to enlarge
    ^^^^

At the end of the day we're quibbling over a few hp. It's not the power difference that bothers me its the deceitful intent behind the way things are presented. This is not an isolated case.

Anyway with regard to the recent power developments a better question might be what does this new turbo mean for the 25 customers who already shelled out top dollars (and labor) for the obsoleted turbos? Does history repeat itself with existing customers being Shiv's main source of "new revenue" via upgrades?
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 04-18-2013 at 01:12 PM.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm interested in finding out if you've got a boost leak or wg that isn't closing properly. The hot side chargepipe connecting to the the fmic is a hard to check spot, inspect the intercooler for any punctures, remember the intake manifold is plastic, hopefully its not damaged, bov could be leaking as you mentioned and the elbow from the lower charge pipe to the upper chargepipe is sometimes sketchy depending on what you're using.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Keep it up Tony. The community will come to you for your honesty and integrity, aside from a kick ass turbo kit lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    At the end of the day we're quibbling over a few hp. It's not the power difference that bothers me its the deceitful intent behind the way things are presented. This is not an isolated case.

Anyway with regard to the recent power developments a better question might be what does this new turbo mean for the 25 customers who already shelled out top dollars (and labor) for the obsoleted turbos? Does history repeat itself with existing customers being Shiv's main source of "new revenue" via upgrades?
    Agree but a few horsepower down, no 700hp & no new WORLD RECORD. Its the total BS all these new daily world records that is annoying. The putz ladles out the s**t, the E90 acolytes lap it up, regurgitate it & suddenly it becomes a "fact”.

As for the existing owners of Shivs ST, Hey you can stick “hi” in there, they would have to be out of their minds to shovel in more money for new turbos when there is no real track record for the first batch. We still only have one car at the top of the 10’s after all the hype how 10’s were no sweat & 9 is where we will be.

It’s a natural tendency to get more skeptical the older you get but Shiv is beyond the pale. I ordered my car so it took a few months to show up. I always had the intention of getting a light tune & proceed was the only one I had heard of.

I lurked the sites till the car came in & bought the JB4 because Shiv totally turned me off with his posts. The guy could produce the greatest set of hardware & tunings in the history of BMW but there is no way I would spend a single penny with the guy.
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    LOL at this....

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967
    Yo, you know who you are. Check it!

Big shout out for Shiv and the FFTEC boyz for pushing the limits. No disrespect to the other vendors as competition is a Win/Win for everyone. Just need to step up your game.

For all you haters, pull your tune and then ask yourself if your ride would be where it is today if it wasn't for Vishnu? Do you really think BMS would be were they are today without Shiv pushing the limits of tuning the N54? Do you really think COBB what have given two $#@!s about the platform if they didn't see a market? Everyone who has done anything for the platform should get respect and you haters who $#@! on everything Shiv does need to grow the F up. You might not like him and he's well aware of that, but you don't have to like someone to respect them for who they are and what they have done. Cheers
    In the most basic or terms, does BMS exist because of Shiv? Sure but only in the fact that he has always been a shady douche that tried to capitolize on a market that he thought he had cornered. Not to mention, implying that no other tuner would be interested in this platform if Shiv didn't "push the limits" is just ignorant.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    you mad bros?

Click here to enlarge

And a little technical correction:
    -Dzenno stated at his tune was operating at MBT.
    -Tony stated "We are maybe 1-1.5 degrees of timing" away from 700whp.

The two statements are contradictory.
    I will leave this to my tuner to answer, I build the hardware and he pushes the buttons, but yes at 693 add 1,1.5 degrees of timing up top you will pick up 7 hp no problem. If you want to dispute that as well, that's fine. I am glad I was able to provide you with the information you needed to finally make power with your kit, secondhand or otherwise I mean you have only been involved in the this platform what 4-5 years and I built a better kit and figured out more $#@! then you in 7 months. To quote one of my favorite movies. 'You might feel a slight sting, that's just your pride $#@!ing with you'. I am happy with where things stand, as a friend said yesterday, no one likes to watch one horse run around a track, but put 2 in there racing against each other and you get people coming back.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

man this stuff is pure comedy. you make 701 whp using no smoothing and its a world record. I bet the Stg3 kit could have hit 700 whp removing the smoothing too.

single turbo 6mt vs stage3 6mt, YouTube video or fail! Click here to enlarge quad meth nozzles welcomed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

^^^ prides getting shoved REALLY deep in there Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    man this stuff is pure comedy. you make 701 whp using no smoothing and its a world record. I bet the Stg3 kit could have hit 700 whp removing the smoothing too.

single turbo 6mt vs stage3 6mt, YouTube video or fail! Click here to enlarge quad meth nozzles welcomed.
    I do believe him when he says he made more, but he prob didn't get an exact 700 HP run, so he $#@!ed around with smoothing etc til he got what he wanted 700 even. To basically say first to 700, like those losers that sit on youtube and fight over who got first comment on a new big video. Typical Shiv $#@!. D was actually mad at me for like a split second when I said we were done after making 693. He is like dude we are getting 700. I know we can, we were tired and the OP was starting to get nervous when the power was getting up there, coupled with I really had no idea what kind of octane I was running as I didn't run the calculator til the next day, all these things just told my common sense, take what you got and go home, there is a lot left in there.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast