Close

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    like i said, at this point its built motor territory... anymore and we will see pistons flying everywhere
    I hope we can see a safe 800whp on stock internals

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

5 out of 6 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Congrats! @CaptainInsano, Great numbers. Click here to enlarge

Shiv - Go $#@! yourself.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

good stuff Insano!! that's some serious power.
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Good numbers for @CaptainInsano but he didn't even know why is car was at FFTEC. Guess I am curious to know if Shiv just basically uses CI's car as he pleases. If so, I wonder how much he will "care" for it as @VargasTurboTech pushes the limits and Shiv tries to keep up.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CaptainInsano
    I had no idea what my car was doing at FFTEC Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I think Shiv is one of those guys who just want to have the most powerful car all the time and hold all the records. He just wants to show being the best. Not my style. I'm a humble guy with humble low power. I don't think he really needs all that power. It is just too much. There is not even traction for all of it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Congrats anyways.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Come one guys, give some credit where it is due. They put on a properly sized turbo for that HP level and they cranked it up a bit. That's what competition does, I am not going to knock them for that. A few things are funny though. No 5 smoothing, which is standard it seems, it would have brought the number under 700WHP for sure and also this is still with 4 meth nozzles. I have no doubt we will break 700 with no meth the next time on the dyno with some good gas. Speaking of gas, they say 100+ octane?? What does that even mean? We can't even get a transparent octane number out of them on the fuel they used, for all we know they threw leaded C16 at the thing. With our heated O2's you can run leaded fuel easily with little damage to the O2's as long as you don't run it all the time, and even if it kills them you just replace, running leaded gas for stuff like this (some dyno pulls) is no biggy at all. So seeing actual octane numbers would be nice. I do like their early tq though, the curve looks really good. Few questions I have, bigger turbo and they spooled quicker? Either something is up or they defied the laws of physics, it could be they found more spool in tuning, they have had 2 years to figure it out, that is very possible. My other question is we are doing all this on our off the shelf kit that isn't even finished testing yet and Shiv took his kit and had to start swapping turbos around to keep up, this turbo isn't even available on their kit and is another grand more then the one they sell now. So the kit price will go up and you still need meth? Either way, they did a damn good job, and by the looks of the CI second post on E90 they made more and are sandbagging and waiting to til we post again. This is how its supposed to be, fun times ahead.
    Last edited by Tony@VargasTurboTech; 04-17-2013 at 11:02 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    I think Shiv is one of those guys who just want to have the most powerful car all the time and hold all the records. He just wants to show being the best. Not my style. I'm a humble guy with humble low power. I don't think he really needs all that power. It is just too much. There is not even traction for all of it.
    You fix the traction problems with traction solutions;Better/wider tires/suspension/lockdownkit etc.. But first we must make the power Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by continue5 Click here to enlarge
    You fix the traction problems with traction solutions;Better/wider tires/suspension/lockdownkit etc.. But first we must make the power Click here to enlarge
    The numbers are awesome but I'd really like to take a drive in one of these cars to see how they actually "feel" on the road. With RBs on pump gas, the handling capabilities of my car are already put to a severe test. And that's with pretty much full suspension/chassis mods.

Anyway, looking forward to the next milstone in this hunt for more hp, to see how much more the N54 stock block can handle!
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Come one guys, give some credit where it is due. They put on a properly sized turbo for that HP level and they cranked it up a bit. That's what competition does, I am not going to knock them for that. A few things are funny though. No 5 smoothing, which is standard it seems, it would have brought the number under 700WHP for sure and also this is still with 4 meth nozzles. I have no doubt we will break 700 with no meth the next time on the dyno with some good gas. Speaking of gas, they say 100+ octane?? What does that even mean? We can't even get a transparent octane number out of them on the fuel they used, for all we know they threw leaded C16 at the thing. With out heated O2's you can run leaded fuel easily with little damage to the O2's and even if it kills them you just replace, running leaded gas for stuff like this is no biggy at all. So seeing actual octane numbers would be nice. I do like their early tq though, the curve looks really good. Few questions I have, bigger turbo and they spooled quicker? Either something is up or they defied the laws of phyisics, it could be they found more spool in tuning, they have had 2 years to figure it out, that is very possible. My other question is we are doing all this on our off the shelf kit that isn't even finished testing yet and Shiv took his kit and had to start swapping turbos around to keep up, this turbo isn't even available on their kit and is another grand more then the one they sell now. So the kit price will go up and you still need meth? Either way, they did a damn good job, and by the looks of the CI second post on E90 they made more and are sandbagging and waiting to til we post again. This is how its supposed to be, fun times ahead.
    When you guys do the E85 testing, make sure you release the numbers and play the same sandbagging game (especially if you hit over 800whp -- I'd really like to see him put in his place). It'd be interesting to see the back and forth Click here to enlarge There's going to be a point where he can't follow either because of too much meth or not enough turbo.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    lol typical Shiv. Click here to enlarge

Random thoughts:

1) The accepted standard for this platform has always been STD smoothing 5. Also it's good form to post the same chart by road speed to verify they were done in 4th gear.
    2) Why are the runs with this turbo not being done on Shiv's car?
    3) His chart has been stretched out horizontally and flattened vertically to make the curve look visually more impressive. Funny. You learn new marketing tricks every day watching Shiv operate. Where is my popcorn. Click here to enlarge
    4) In what world is full boost at ~4400rpm "lighting fast spool"? Hopefully that can be improved!
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 04-17-2013 at 11:16 AM.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CaptainInsano Click here to enlarge
    Well, immediate hate. See y'all around. Good luck Tony.
    @CaptainInsano you've been pretty fair considering the politics around here. My hats off to you on that note.

However, it should be clear to YOU that the issue is not the hardware - it is the character and used-car-salesmen approach of your tuner @shiv@vishnu. Not dissimilar to the infallible AJ at ESS.

Nobody is "hating" you or your car.

EDIT: What platform uses STD smoothing 5 as a dyno record? WTF @shiv@vishnu. Throw another firehose of meth at that single and at least get an SAE dyno record up there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    lol typical Shiv. Click here to enlarge

ps. The accepted standard has always been STD smoothing 5...
    Bet you cant wait to start playing with the V3 .
    Click here to enlarge
    335i ~ JB4 ~ BMS ~ DCI ~ Active Autowerks CP & BOV ~ Borla Catback Exhaust

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Few questions I have, bigger turbo and they spooled quicker? Either something is up or they defied the laws of phyisics, it could be they found more spool in tuning, they have had 2 years to figure it out, that is very possible.
    The 6466 is dual ball bearing option only. the 6262 is more than Likely journal bearing. We chose a 6466 for my custom build because we all but knew the 6466 would spool as fast or faster than the others. Thanks shiv for confirming !!!
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    @shiv@vishnuLets see some California pump numbers METH OFF.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    Do you guys know what the difference between a 500 WHP and 700 WHP vishnu single car is?

None, they both run 11's... lol
    Same can be said for HPF and their singles. The hate here is silly. Competition breeds a better product, period. The product will speak for itself. Why would one claim a higher number and then not be able to perform to that expectation? It only embarasses the person who is skewing results.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    The 6466 is dual ball bearing option only. the 6262 is more than Likely journal bearing. We chose a 6466 for my custom build because we all but knew the 6466 would spool as fast or faster than the others. Thanks shiv for confirming !!!
    The 6262 they are using is not a journal bearing. Do some Google searches on 6466 vs 6262 spool wise before you just take this as gospel, a turbo with a 4 mm bigger turbine wheel is not going to spool faster all thing being equal unless they found some spool in tuning, there is no magic. It takes a certain amount of exhaust energy to spin a certain mass, if you increase that mass and everything else stays equal it will spool slower. Either way the HP race has begun

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MisterEm Click here to enlarge
    @CaptainInsano you've been pretty fair considering the politics around here. My hats off to you on that note.

However, it should be clear to YOU that the issue is not the hardware - it is the character and used-car-salesmen approach of your tuner @shiv@vishnu . Not dissimilar to the infallible AJ at ESS.

Nobody is "hating" you or your car.

EDIT: What platform uses STD smoothing 5 as a dyno record? WTF @shiv@vishnu . Throw another firehose of meth at that single and at least get an SAE dyno record up there.
    For whatever reason, the N54 platform has chosen to adopt the STD 5 smoothing as standard. He did not post the 5 smoothing because he wanted the "magic" 700 number in the correction we used. But as I said, I think they made more and are waiting for us to post again. Which is smart in my opinion

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    For whatever reason, the N54 platform has chosen to adopt the STD 5 smoothing as standard. He did not post the 5 smoothing because he wanted the "magic" 700 number in the correction we used. But as I said, I think they made more and are waiting for us to post again. Which is smart in my opinion
    That means that u should post a 800whp dyno so he can't use the chart he's holding back Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

He still wont say what fuelling was used or how much though , other than "4 small nozzles" wtf does that mean?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sA x sKy Click here to enlarge
    Doing everything he can to stay above Tony no?

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=829412
    Dunno, but sure looks like the N54 is under increasing pressureClick here to enlarge

Neil

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

This is rich. Now 1300 cc's of meth is not that much, he doesn't need meth, he can run 700 WHP with no meth, but he doesn't want to, wait for it because its not safe. I mean really, does this guy even believe the own $#@! that falls out of his mouth? We prove something is possible due to addressing certain areas of the fuel system and now he says he can make the same power, but we don't want to show you guys because its not safe, too much heat. We ran very close to the same tq and EGT's never got above 1550 at peak HP at lower RPM's they were below 1500. This guy is truly a one of a kind spin doctor.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    Tony posted STD figures as well. Personally, I think uncorrected numbers are most relavent since they reveal the actual power that is being supported. Which is why I posted them as well.

And it's with mentioning that we made a bit more power than what we posted. No point in putting everything out on the table just yet.

As for the HPFP, it's inadequacies have been grossly exaggerated. The new stock HPFPs can support plenty of power given what we've seen with our e85 testing. Somewhere close to 700whp without a problem on straight gasoline (no meth). While others suggest the use of methanol is a band aid, I suggest that it is necessary for running the engine of this CR to this power level. Especially one that makes nearly 600lbft in the midrange and holds most of it until redline. A wide powerband generates quite a lot of heat. There is no glory in running an unnecessarily aggressive tune just to prove that you can support it with insufficient octane or cylinder cooling IMHO. We have designed out PWM methanol system to integrate with the tune for this very reason. While 1200cc/min isn't a lot of methanol, it atomizes nicely through 4 small nozzles and keeps IAT steady throughout an entire 700+whp pull. As a tuner, that stability is critical when trying to support big power on stock engines.

FWIW, during these pulls, fuel trims were negative in the midrange and ramped positive (10-15%) up top. Nothing more than a injector scale change is necessary to make fuel trims go completely negative if that is what one needs to see for some reason.

Shiv
    Also to note, the pump on the stage 3 car is the "new"style HPFP from BMW, and it was 100% out of fuel at 573WHP on pump gas alone. For Shiv to say he can support 700WHP with no meth and not prove it is like me saying I have a 1000WHP N54 but I just like to drive it to the store and back.
    Last edited by Tony@VargasTurboTech; 04-17-2013 at 11:45 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

5 out of 7 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Just got banned from e90 post for saying shiv was trying to stay relevent and that it's not impressive unless its transparent

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by idriveslo Click here to enlarge
    Just got banned from e90 post for saying shiv was trying to stay relevent and that it's not impressive unless its transparent
    They are deleting my posts as well and then deleting the posts that complain about them deleting posts!!!!

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

can support 850 whp lol

i love this horsepower war thats going on
    Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast