Close

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    With the VTT production manifold spool will be absurd LOL and yes we have done vanos tuning, plenty of it and it does help spool..this is probably what shiv also took as advice from this camp along with fuel...Tony practically gave him the fuel idea I told him how to fix spool LOL its all good, just need this kit on my car already! Then we open up a whole new can of whoopass! Lol
    Can't wait to see it on your car, specifically because of the ported head and the same turbos I'm going with Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol... At this time, we are using the standard single scroll manifold on Captain Insano's car. Only hardware change in the entire car is swapping the 6262 for a 6466. Anyone local (Tony?) is welcome to come by the shop and check it out if they like.

Just curious looking at the new dyno graphs. Look like full spool/peak tq still at 5800rpm. Peak HP at 6800rpm. Powerband of 1000rpm (6800-5800) as per wiki definition of powerband.

Single scroll 6466 hits peak tq/boost at 4400rpm and peak hp at 7000rpm. Powerband of 2600rpm. Even limited to only 700whp, it still has a lot more area under the curve than the big twins despite both set-ups being capable of supporting ~900hp. Any ideas as to why? This is a serious question.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Any idea as to where the numbers you kept in your pocket for later are? LOL I guess you may need to hit that dyno again and crank it up haha 750 or bust! Do iiiit!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    lol... At this time, we are using the standard single scroll manifold on Captain Insano's car. Only hardware change in the entire car is swapping the 6262 for a 6466. Anyone local (Tony?) is welcome to come by the shop and check it out if they like.

Just curious looking at the new dyno graphs. Look like full spool/peak tq still at 5800rpm. Peak HP at 6800rpm. Powerband of 1000rpm (6800-5800) as per wiki definition of powerband.

Single scroll 6466 hits peak tq/boost at 4400rpm and peak hp at 7000rpm. Powerband of 2600rpm. Even limited to only 700whp, it still has a lot more area under the curve than the big twins despite both set-ups being capable of supporting ~900hp. Any ideas as to why? This is a serious question.
    Except peak acceleration with the curve is still at redline

i was thinking spool was kept lower so it staye driveable, unlike the 'unstretched' curve you have.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

What is the wiki definition of irrelevant? The dyno data indicates the twins offer more usable power even in its prototype state. With peak HP @ 6800rpm it's even automatic transmission friendly. And with some manifold tweaks and piggyback tuning I expect we'll see even more power under the curve. I don't see why you are pushing so hard on Vargas. It's a nice viable alternative to your IMHO overpriced single kit. In the coming months we'll see how it performs in the real world but if they are doing so well flash only you have to imagine it's going to get that much better with piggyback boost control, etc, in the mix. Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    What is the wiki definition of irrelevant? The dyno data indicates the twins offer more usable power even in its prototype state. With peak HP @ 6800rpm it's even automatic transmission friendly. And with some manifold tweaks and piggyback tuning I expect we'll see even more power under the curve. I don't see why you are pushing so hard on Vargas. It's a nice viable alternative to your IMHO overpriced single kit. In the coming months we'll see how it performs in the real world but if they are doing so well flash only you have to imagine it's going to get that much better with piggyback boost control, etc, in the mix. Click here to enlarge

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...tc1d1366-1.jpg
    Professional response. 100% agree.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    why are you all even discussing this on stock block? why not build the damn thing and shred the living $#@! outta it?!?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

LOL. Dude, you're just a little asshat aren't you? Powerband of 1000rpms? Is this what you tell yourself to help you sleep at night?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    This thread is so awesome. Freaking unbelievable how much the N54 platform has evolved from the days where a SSTT was considered a decent tune to the 700whp race nowadays. Only one thing hasn't changed: Lord Voldemorts half-thruth scare tactics.

Only one way to settle this: line up one car from each camp in a rolling half-mile and a 1/4 mile drag race. Should answer all questions.
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    What is the wiki definition of irrelevant?
    Vishnu
    Current: '00 S2000
    Previous: '15 M235i xDrive | '15 Macan S | '15 WRX STi | '06 Cayman S | '12 E92 335is w/JB4 | '10 STi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    if they are doing so well flash only you have to imagine it's going to get that much better with piggyback boost control, etc, in the mix
    LOL bring it! haha keep in mind we'll have that new manifold too Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    LOL bring it! haha keep in mind we'll have that new manifold too Click here to enlarge
    You should be setup nicely to take Shiv's 60-130 record so be sure to do that ASAP. Click here to enlarge What's going on with your lately? Building it up or is just sitting around waiting for turbos?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You should be setup nicely to take Shiv's 60-130 record so be sure to do that ASAP. Click here to enlarge What's going on with your lately? Building it up or is just sitting around waiting for turbos?
    He's going down as soon as the car's got some good lungs hehe i've got a set of vargas stage 1 set at the moment to get me by and see what they can do until the stg3 kit is ready...hopefully i'll hit a dyno soon with these to see how they do with some low boost vanos meth action Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF PROTuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Shiv is Shiv no doubt about it (Whatever the $#@! that means?). But holy $#@! some of the people walking around on this planet make me really think and wonder that the Matrix is actually real and there's bugs running about making no sense at all:

Click here to enlarge

How the $#@! can anybody justify a sentence like that, and at the same time consider themselves a car enthusiast is something that I can't grasp. It has got to be a troll or somebody who has ingested so many bucket loads of Shiv's cum that they've become completely detached from reality. Or maybe Shiv is just a marketing genius. Somebody explain that to me?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sr20seb Click here to enlarge
    Shiv is Shiv no doubt about it (Whatever the $#@! that means?). But holy $#@! some of the people walking around on this planet make me really think and wonder that the Matrix is actually real and there's bugs running about making no sense at all:

Click here to enlarge

How the $#@! can anybody justify a sentence like that, and at the same time consider themselves a car enthusiast is something that I can't grasp. It has got to be a troll or somebody who has ingested so many bucket loads of Shiv's cum that they've become completely detached from reality. Or maybe Shiv is just a marketing genius. Somebody explain that to me?
    Lol. The world may never know.........

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Click here to enlarge

But he will have the best bragging rights in Maccy Ds car park Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    335i ~ JB4 ~ BMS ~ DCI ~ Active Autowerks CP & BOV ~ Borla Catback Exhaust

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Click here to enlarge

I don't really care about 1/4 mile times either. But if I just dropped over $10k on a 700hp setup, you bet your ass I'd have it down at the strip at least once to see what the thing can do. But I think anyone that buys a 700hp setup that isn't into 1/4 mile racing should reevaluate what they are doing to their car.
    Current: '00 S2000
    Previous: '15 M235i xDrive | '15 Macan S | '15 WRX STi | '06 Cayman S | '12 E92 335is w/JB4 | '10 STi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge
    The guy clearly stated he doesn't care about taking his car to a drag strip.. What's wrong with that? Not all car enthusiasts enjoy the same thing, that doesn't mean they aren't an "enthusiast" though.. Some guys enjoy going to a road course and doing HPDE events, some enjoy going to car shows/meets, some enjoy drag racing, some enjoy simply driving their car, etc.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dan avoN7 Click here to enlarge
    The guy clearly stated he doesn't care about taking his car to a drag strip.. What's wrong with that? Not all car enthusiasts enjoy the same thing, that doesn't mean they aren't an "enthusiast" though.. Some guys enjoy going to a road course and doing HPDE events, some enjoy going to car shows/meets, some enjoy drag racing, some enjoy simply driving their car, etc.
    I think the point is that the "big turbo" setup is made to do one thing and that is to go straight very fast. If you buy a big turbo setup and don't run it anywhere and call yourself a car "enthusiast" then you could of saved your self the money and walk around with a huge turbo in your trunk uninstalled to show it off in parking lots.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Click here to enlarge

Some people would use the same argument who track their cars. Wtf do I care about making my car go as fast as possible from a stand still in a straight line? It takes a lot more skill to go around a track than to get quick 1/4 mile times.

Obviously I would bring it to the strip at least once or twice for fun and to see what it could do.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dan avoN7 Click here to enlarge
    Clearly he did not state in the post I took a screenshot of what his intentions are. You are now assuming he's going to be taking it to the road course. Single turbos work well in certain motorsports, and it 100% does belong at the 1/4 mile strip. It doesn't make much sense on a road course though....actually it makes very little sense. I bet that for every big single turbo race car that was worth anything at any point and time in any road racing series, I'll be easily able to follow up with many many more examples of twin turbo cars fairing much better.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    People don't like putting it out there. Going to the track puts hard data to whatever you've been doing to your car/driving ability. It's easy to talk that your car has a billion horsepressures/cubicshiv, but going and showing it at the track is another story. Then you have those troubling little things like 60' times, trap speeds, etc.

It's not unique to modding cars. I compete in powerlifting. The gyms are full of people who tell me they pressed 500 weighing 180 lbs for 4 reps in highschool drug free. They're never there on the platform though. Easy to say. Hard to do.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SCGT Click here to enlarge
    People don't like putting it out there. Going to the track puts hard data to whatever you've been doing to your car/driving ability. It's easy to talk that your car has a billion horsepressures/cubicshiv, but going and showing it at the track is another story. Then you have those troubling little things like 60' times, trap speeds, etc.

It's not unique to modding cars. I compete in powerlifting. The gyms are full of people who tell me they pressed 500 weighing 180 lbs for 4 reps in highschool drug free. They're never there on the platform though. Easy to say. Hard to do.
    Lol cubicshiv

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast