Close

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 Click here to enlarge
    Yup, I saw that.. Look what I started...lol

your so going to get banned. Lol. That's how the rest did, speaking your opinion.
    I don't care if I get banned, hence my lack of fear to speak. I've been on that forum for quite some time now. If they ban me, I'll just use a proxy and reapply and cause more hell.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Sticky why can't you give Shiv more than 1 post a day to post here. With all this freedom of speech praise, I would think everyone has a voice here.
    335xi Sedan 6AT || Weather(45-60°F)
    -PROcede Rev. 2.5 ~ v5 (3/17 maps) / JB4 (8/21 maps) / COBB (Stg2+FMIC LT Agressive maps)
    †Procede Map2(UT 45 - IGN 40) Aggression Target 2.0 (93 Octane) || 0-60 in 4.0sec
    †Cobb E30 LT (35% Ethanol/65% 93 Octane) || 0-60 in 3.9sec
    AR Design Catless DP || BMS DCI + OCC || ETS 5 FMIC || Alpina B3 Trans Flash || 235/265 19" Michelin PSS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AltecBX Click here to enlarge
    Sticky why can't you give Shiv more than 1 post a day to post here. With all this freedom of speech praise, I would think everyone has a voice here.
    He has to fork over money to do so just as the other vendors did from my understanding. It wouldn't be fair to give him that privledge, he doesn't want to post here anyways in his head he's above the people who post here.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AltecBX Click here to enlarge
    This really needs explaining?
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    lol this board cracks me up regularly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    You guys see this.

"Edit: Just going to add this in for fun. The Upgraded pump on the stage 3 car right now at the shop as tested has a STOCK fuel inlet size. I challenge anyone including Shiv or any FFTEC employee to come down tomorrow when we open at 8 bring a video camera, we will pull it off, measure it, put that same pump back on and take it straight to the dyno and put down 675 WHP on gas only. Since your only argument is that we doing things that are unsafe and our "secret" is boring the inlet side of the pump, that is an open challenge. If you guys didn't know FFTEC is 5 minutes from us and Vishnu is about 25, so this is feasible. Thanks"

Of course went completely unanswered

Question: would there be ANY gains for bored out inlet?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LOL @ Shiv and his sheep.

Shiv knows it's probably game over for him in the big power game.
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Hi5

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    This is awesome! I'm very popular here, it seems.

Hi everyone.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is why I won't post my Stage 3 review over there when it happens. I want them to have to signup to this board and come look at it. Get them on the hook and then reel them in.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

0 out of 6 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

This post by Anthony@FFTEC is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.

Last edited by Anthony@FFTEC; 04-16-2013 at 08:12 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by trbolexis Click here to enlarge
    I'm still not sure what this post is about, or why it continues to exist in this tecnical forum; I've read most of it, and have yet to find the tech info.

@Terry@BMS ... I deffinately post for myself, and never on anyone else's behalf.

HPFP mods as well as other fuel system mods have been done before. You dont often hear of them from people UNTIL they are tried and true on a myriad of cars.

I do feel it is slightly erresponsible to take a one car example, tout it as being the cure, market the remidy and then attempt to profit on it; however this tactic appears to work wonderfully for other vendors.

Just stating my observations.

Thanks for reading

Anthony
    Like telling the community that the DMFW fixed the ST misfires before even installing and testing?
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Tuned Cobb Stage 2+ | H&R / Koni Sport | BBS LM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JStang Click here to enlarge
    Like telling the community that the DMFW fixed the ST misfires before even installing and testing?
    Data, Logs, and First hand experience all paved the way for the fix. Having the knowledge, foresight, and expereicene indicated the same. Multiple cars with misfire, multiple cars without. How much more data is required?

Did it fix the issue? A: Yes.

Furthermore, lets also be clear that is is NOT a Single Turbo issue. Never was, and never has been.

What is the problem?

Anthony

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Data, Logs, and First hand experience all paved the way for the fix. Having the knowledge, foresight, and expereicene indicated the same.

Did it fix the issue? A: Yes.

What is the problem?

Anthony

Do you really think that Tony didn't data log etc. during his R&D of the pump upgrade? Stupid comment!

Was it the fix? Yes.

Could this be the fix to the fueling issue for high horsepower N54 applications and even the single turbo due to poor fueling? Probably.

The problem is that "Shiv" did the same thing prior to any testing on the car. Sure plenty of time and effort went into diagnosing the misfire issue but according to Shiv, the problem had been solved even prior to the new FW even being installed. Way worse than what you are calling Vargas out for IMO.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I haven't called out anyone, on anything. What you perceive just shows me whats on your mind regarding whichever vendor you choose to mention.

The problem was solved before repairing another vehicle. The cure was tested, on multiple vehicles ... again, several cars with ST and SMFW= No issue. Several cars with ST and DMFW= Issue. Please show me where there was no empirical evidence supporting the findings, and postings for the misfire fix.

As far as pump upgrades -- Things have been tried, and are still being done to this day. Just because this is the first your hearing of it, doesn't mean it hasn't been tried before. Furthermore, just because your hearing about it now, doesn't mean its working as described --- where are data logs now? I'm just sayin ...

And where does this misconception stem from that the ST cars are running out of fuel w/o meth? That is completely unfounded.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am not arguing the fact that the SMFW fixed the problem. I think it's great as I took a ride in a ST car in November and hit was crazy fast until it limped and shut down.

I am pointing out that Shiv mentioned it was fixed prior to the SMFW even being installed on a car and you are calling out Tony for only having it installed on one car. I'm sure he is hesitant to share info because he knows that his upgrade will be copied and sold by competing vendors.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    And where does this misconception stem from that the ST cars are running out of fuel w/o meth?
    the need for about 19 meth bungs?
    2015 - Cayman GTS - Stock
    2011 - 335is e92 - Cobb PTF E40/Rob Beck/AR/Helix (458 rwtq and 479 rwhp) - Retired
    2007 - 911 Turbo - EP1/AMS (617 awtq and 500 awhp) - Retired
    2008 - 335i e92 - Cobb/AR/Helix/OSS (384 rwtq and 356 rwhp) - Retired
    2003 and 2005 330i/ci zhp - Stock - Retired

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mithiral67 Click here to enlarge
    the need for about 19 meth bungs?
    That's a good sign. Has there ever been a ST log with pump gas only or did you skip that step and spray a $hit load of meth? I really don't know the answer to this and would like to know. Not trying to stir the pot.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    It'll be interesting when the new platform drops & what "camps" become the established options. God knows if ESS looks to taken on the new M3/M4, they'll have their mindless Forum Gestapo backing them up & putting out hits on the competition.
    Here's to hoping that @Terry@BMS makes a tune for the new M Motor Click here to enlarge
    2011 335is DCT, moving to Italy, looking for new car friends Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm still not sure what this post is about, or why it continues to exist in this tecnical forum; I've read most of it, and have yet to find the tech info.

@Terry@BMS ... I deffinately post for myself, and never on anyone else's behalf.

HPFP mods as well as other fuel system mods have been done before. You dont often hear of them from people UNTIL they are tried and true on a myriad of cars.

I do feel it is slightly erresponsible to take a one car example, tout it as being the cure, market the remidy and then attempt to profit on it; however this tactic appears to work wonderfully for other vendors.

Just stating my observations.

Thanks for reading

Anthony

That's what happened with the ST cars, right? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JStang Click here to enlarge
    That's a good sign. Has there ever been a ST log with pump gas only or did you skip that step and spray a $hit load of meth? I really don't know the answer to this and would like to know. Not trying to stir the pot.
    I will gladly answer for you.

There have been several dyno pulls, and logs (posted online) done without meth. All yielding less power due to reduced timing, however, never once a fueling deficit.

Anthony

PS ... it seems that some people don't exactly understand how/why meth is used on vehicle application. It is not a fuel adder, but more so an octane 'riser'. I don't mean to insinuate that anyone is dumb or stupid, just that there are more reasons to run meth than 'fuel adder' --- even if trying to use it for such purpose, it doesn't do a very good job. On the ST applications - it is the insurance to prevent detonation.
    Last edited by Anthony@FFTEC; 04-16-2013 at 08:45 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SCGT Click here to enlarge
    lol. I have no dog in this fight, but I am (among other things) a pump expert, and I can't think of any legit reason why anyone would be upset with Vargas. I'm fairly certain that I have a good idea what he's done; I have a lot of experience with various pumps, including positive displacement pumps on a much larger scale. IMO if anyone really wanted it that bad, they should have gone and done the work on their own, like Tony did. He clearly has great methodology to his problem solving, has great connections (which IMO is also a skill, which in no way detracts from him or his business) or both. Either way, respect. I love it when people get $#@! done.

I don't know, maybe I'm old school. I just figure if someone comes up with a solution and pushes it through faster/better/whatever, you plain 'ole got your ass kicked, take the beating, get back up and answer with a better solution, don't just talk $#@!. That's weak.

Walking the walk in lieu of talking the talk gets my respect. Nice work Tony. Shiv is, well... past tense.
    +1, this describes my thoughts on all this precisely.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    maybe not from a user standpoint, but a vendor that proveds real results is just as effective.

that is, until VTT does the right thing and pulls sponsorship from there and focus' here, that will force people to join a "better" community
    rep
    My n54 e90 is totaled Click here to enlarge looking for a replacement Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I will gladly answer for you.

There have been several dyno pulls, and logs (posted online) done without meth. All yielding less power due to reduced timing, however, never once a fueling deficit.

Anthony

PS ... it seems that some people don't exactly understand how/why meth is used on vehicle application. It is not a fuel adder, but more so an octane 'riser'. I don't mean to insinuate that anyone is dumb or stupid, just that there are more reasons to run meth than 'fuel adder' --- even if trying to use it for such purpose, it doesn't do a very good job. On the ST applications - it is the insurance to prevent detonation.
    So prove it on MS109. That car will run into fueling issues. Anyone who thinks otherwise is in denial.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ATP Click here to enlarge
    So prove it on MS109. That car will run into fueling issues. Anyone who thinks otherwise is in denial.
    I'm not here to please anyone or prove anything. Not my place ... I apologize if first hand experience isnt adequate for you. Im afraid I have nothing else to offer.

Logs, graphs, and dyno charts are posted elsewhere. Dont be in disbelief if you yourself wont take time to find the proof for yourself.

Furthermore .... people will just say that its 'race fuel' not 'pump' and discredit the information anyway. Whats the point?

Anthony

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast