Close

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 260
  1. #226
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,057
    Rep Points
    1,149.5
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Reputation: Yes | No
    They removed my sig quote from Laguna Seca Blue too.

  2. #227
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,907
    Rep Points
    3,899.8
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    it IS strange though... the twins should flow more mass per PSI no? or is that not true, and the singles, in fact, have a higher mass flow? that would explain how it's possible for the single to make more power at lower boost.
    Just hold tight, car is apart, found some very interesting things, will be back on the road tonight.

  3. #228
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    566
    Rep Points
    577.0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Just hold tight, car is apart, found some very interesting things.
    Hopefully an easy fix
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

    '10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

  4. #229
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    560
    Rep Points
    1,211.7
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    6 out of 6 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Just hold tight, car is apart, found some very interesting things, will be back on the road tonight.
    Good luck Tony and the rest of your wrenchers. Sound like you've made some headway.

    Following Vargas updates is intriguing just as a petrol-head and automotive enthusiast. As the development is flushed out, Tony lets everyone stay on top of and see the progress - good or bad. That in my eyes is a better way to market a viable product than censorship and post deleting to further ones market share.

    Following the ST development the past 1.5 years always left me scratching my head. Massive updates with technical information intentionally left out followed by months of utter silence.

    Two very different market strategies for sure.

  5. #230
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,007
    Rep Points
    8,959.4
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    90


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon
    I think what some people probably aren't understanding is the way this was presented was completely deliberate to get a rise out of certain people. He made more than 700 but is keeping that for later because posting exactly 700whp was way more fun for us all.

    The fact that people are complaining about smoothing 0 is one of the funniest things i've ever read on these forums... scratch that... ANY forum - and exactly what would be expected from certain parties.
    The reason so many are complaining about it is because he has changed the rules to suit his marketing. Setting smoothing to 0 inflates the dyno numbers a fraction of a HP. So if the car did 699.5whp STD smoothing 5 then that is what it did. Posting uncorrected numbers or changing smoothing settings just to claim 700rw when you really came up 1hp short is deceitful. For example, the other day with one of our N55s we made 399whp. With smoothing set to 0 it was over 400rw. Instead of claiming to make 400rw when it clearly didn't we simply accepted that we came up 1hp short this time.

    If he made "way more" than 700rw STD smoothing 5 that is great. He should have posted that chart instead and saved himself a lot of eyebrow raising from the general population. By saying he made more power but doesn't want to share the results yet just further fuels the general perception that he is "shady". At this point we're left to assume he just prefers that perception as all these situations he puts himself in are so easily avoidable.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  6. #231
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    560
    Rep Points
    1,211.7
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    The reason so many are complaining about it is because he has changed the rules to suit his marketing. Setting smoothing to 0 inflates the dyno numbers a fraction of a HP. So if the car did 699.5whp STD smoothing 5 then that is what it did. Posting uncorrected numbers or changing smoothing settings just to claim 700rw when you really came up 1hp short is deceitful. For example, the other day with one of our N55s we made 399whp. With smoothing set to 0 it was over 400rw. Instead of claiming to make 400rw when it clearly didn't we simply accepted that we came up 1hp short this time.

    If he made "way more" than 700rw STD smoothing 5 that is great. He should have posted that chart instead and saved himself a lot of eyebrow raising from the general population. By saying he made more power but doesn't want to share the results yet just further fuels the general perception that he is "shady". At this point we're left to assume he just prefers that perception as all these situations he puts himself in are so easily avoidable.
    Wait? I thought he made 803rwhp last year? Click here to enlarge

  7. #232
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,838
    Rep Points
    31,573.4
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sparky68 Click here to enlarge
    Just got a infraction on e90 , muppets!

    No sense of humour

    Attachment 29792
    That Dave character is quite the expert. Bots with rep points? I'd love to develop sophisticated bots to that level. Please do share who these bots are as I'm at a loss for words.

  8. #233
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,838
    Rep Points
    31,573.4
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Brey335i Click here to enlarge
    I'd like to admit it right now guys. I am a bot. Always have been. And I have infiltrated your circles and gained rep points.
    Sneaky bastard.


  9. #234
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    523
    Rep Points
    582.2
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Funny how you get slated over there @Sticky yet say anything critical about Shiv and they run off to the mods Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    335i ~ JB4 ~ BMS ~ DCI ~ Active Autowerks CP & BOV ~ Borla Catback Exhaust

  10. #235
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,838
    Rep Points
    31,573.4
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sparky68 Click here to enlarge
    Funny how you get slated over there @Sticky yet say anything critical about Shiv and they run off to the mods Click here to enlarge
    If it's anti me it will stay up. If it's someone saying they should see my side here though it gets deleted.

    Whatever, you guys see the BS that's good enough for me. Not to mention Jason can't control the way he once did. We're chipping away and he's losing influence.

  11. #236
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,907
    Rep Points
    3,899.8
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    The reason so many are complaining about it is because he has changed the rules to suit his marketing. Setting smoothing to 0 inflates the dyno numbers a fraction of a HP. So if the car did 699.5whp STD smoothing 5 then that is what it did. Posting uncorrected numbers or changing smoothing settings just to claim 700rw when you really came up 1hp short is deceitful. For example, the other day with one of our N55s we made 399whp. With smoothing set to 0 it was over 400rw. Instead of claiming to make 400rw when it clearly didn't we simply accepted that we came up 1hp short this time.

    If he made "way more" than 700rw STD smoothing 5 that is great. He should have posted that chart instead and saved himself a lot of eyebrow raising from the general population. By saying he made more power but doesn't want to share the results yet just further fuels the general perception that he is "shady". At this point we're left to assume he just prefers that perception as all these situations he puts himself in are so easily avoidable.
    +1, we made more power then our 693 using 0 smoothing too but only claimed 693 as that is the standard, you cant use the standard when its convenient for you then switch it over to something else when you thats more convenient, well I guess if you have ethical business practice you can't. Otherwise its a free for all, its really not a big deal, just typical of the his style

  12. #237
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    523
    Rep Points
    582.2
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    He is clinging onto his business by his finger-nails, can almost understand it.
    I did ask him why he felt it necessary to post whp numbers without proof and his answer was more bs than his original post.
    Click here to enlarge
    335i ~ JB4 ~ BMS ~ DCI ~ Active Autowerks CP & BOV ~ Borla Catback Exhaust

  13. #238
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    N.C. U.S.A
    Posts
    279
    Rep Points
    750.7
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I did not make the cut with my response:

    Originally Posted by Presidio335xi View Post

    Sorry he meant to write 805 with a smoothing factor or 5.

    Heaven forbids he doesnt give you a comparable that accounts for <10 hp.

    You are too old to always stir up controversy.
    803-805whp whatever, it was a nice of him to provide everybody with a good laugh.

    Not really since I have seen a lot of BS shoveled by speed products vendors in my lifetime. A

    699whp at 5 smoothing might not look as good as 700whp at 0 for the marketing plan. 700whp

    on the nose, Give me a break.

    Was a Soviet pole vaulted & world champion who was famous for upping the world record a

    1/4" at a time both for the ink "New World Record" and the bonus the government would pay

    him for each world record he set.

    Its nice to see Shiv set a new world record a few times a week.

    Then some of you might want to think about all the ST owners out there with the wrong turbo, a

    4 nozzle meth system they probably don’t need, A Rube Goldberg multi-gang fuel pump system

    they probably don’t need. Guess someone should thank all of those little people who helped

    advance things for the good of the platform & a new world record.
    __________________

    Kevin

    2013 135is Cab 6MT - 2011 335is JB4/ISO - 2010 BMW X3 - 2009 V-Star
    2009 Ford Expedition EL 4X4 - 2003 Xterra 4X4 - 1998 Ranger 4X4

    BEAR-AvHistory is online now Report Post
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

  14. #239
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,149
    Rep Points
    1,314.7
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge

    I just had an epiphany. This is like that Southpark episode where Randy takes the biggest $#@!.

    This is Shiv.
    Click here to enlarge


  15. #240
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Houston under a book
    Posts
    1,337
    Rep Points
    2,501.9
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    26


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I much prefer using the factory fuel system, but coming from racing methanol consuming circle track racing, I honestly don't have much issue with the 4 nozzle meth system. It's less meth than I used to run through the sprint cars that's for damn sure. If anything, from a pure racing perspective it's a superior approach. Although with many, many headaches. Which is why I say pure racing perspective.

  16. #241
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    557
    Rep Points
    785.8
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    I much prefer using the factory fuel system, but coming from racing methanol consuming circle track racing, I honestly don't have much issue with the 4 nozzle meth system. It's less meth than I used to run through the sprint cars that's for damn sure. If anything, from a pure racing perspective it's a superior approach. Although with many, many headaches. Which is why I say pure racing perspective.
    What would be great is coming out and saying: "Hey, this is what our kit can run on pump. And if you want more, you can use meth."

    Instead of shoveling meth as some kind of required modification to run the kit. I like meth, Dzenno does too I believe. We've never had an issue with meth. It's just the way things are presented. And the lack of honesty.
    Click here to enlarge

  17. #242
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    1,640
    Rep Points
    2,149.8
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    That Dave character is quite the expert. Bots with rep points? I'd love to develop sophisticated bots to that level. Please do share who these bots are as I'm at a loss for words.
    Never knew 700.33 whp STD 0 smoothing was considered "smashing" the 700 whp barrier.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

    2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

  18. #243
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    523
    Rep Points
    582.2
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    Never knew 700.33 whp STD 0 smoothing was considered "smashing" the 700 whp barrier.
    Tried to get me banned for it! Not my fault he has no shame in openly sucking cock on a public forum!
    Click here to enlarge
    335i ~ JB4 ~ BMS ~ DCI ~ Active Autowerks CP & BOV ~ Borla Catback Exhaust

  19. #244
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    moco, md
    Posts
    1,134
    Rep Points
    1,450.8
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory Click here to enlarge
    A Rube Goldberg multi-gang fuel pump system
    they probably don’t need.
    LOL
    2008 e92 335i: JB4 G5 ISO/BMS back end flash, fbo, e85, inlets, Rb turbos, level 10 valve body + converter, water/methanol.....and a lot more....

  20. #245
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Houston under a book
    Posts
    1,337
    Rep Points
    2,501.9
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    26


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Brey335i Click here to enlarge
    What would be great is coming out and saying: "Hey, this is what our kit can run on pump. And if you want more, you can use meth."

    Instead of shoveling meth as some kind of required modification to run the kit. I like meth, Dzenno does too I believe. We've never had an issue with meth. It's just the way things are presented. And the lack of honesty.
    Indeed. Sometimes I forget he markets it that way since I never pay much attention to the posts lol. Seemed like some were attacking the validity of meth in general. It's sometimes hard to understand, even believe why some camps present things the way they do.

  21. #246
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    67
    Rep Points
    80.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    +1, we made more power then our 693 using 0 smoothing too but only claimed 693 as that is the standard, you cant use the standard when its convenient for you then switch it over to something else when you thats more convenient, well I guess if you have ethical business practice you can't. Otherwise its a free for all, its really not a big deal, just typical of the his style
    Any plans for the current car to get r67's after tuning on the r63's is complete?
    FBO / HFS-4 / Cobb PTF tune

  22. #247
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,270
    Rep Points
    1,418.4
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Just hold tight, car is apart, found some very interesting things, will be back on the road tonight.
    waitwaitwaitwaitwait what?

    in.ter.esting.

  23. #248
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    96
    Rep Points
    250.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    More of the same? Removing a feature he said would "always be there"? Only to let the customer find out when they really need it?
    http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=830700
    Rob Beck Turbos, PROcede Rev. 3, Procede Fueling Flash (via OpenFlash Tablet), PPS Methanol System (DO12/Aquamist Flow Sensor), DCI, Quaife LSD, BMW Performance Suspension, Autobahn Exotics Exhaust, Helix FMIC, AR Design Downpipes, BSH Catch Can, Forge Diverter Valves, P3cars Vent Boost Gauge, Alufelgen CSL Reps, Lux 5.1 H8 Angel Eyes, HPB HID Fogs, LTBMW M3 Side Skirts, BMW M3 Rear Spoiler, BMW Front Aero Lip, BMW Pedal Kit, BMW M Shift Knob, Autotecknic Matte Black Grilles.

  24. #249
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,040
    Rep Points
    938.4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    That Dave character is quite the expert. Bots with rep points? I'd love to develop sophisticated bots to that level. Please do share who these bots are as I'm at a loss for words.
    Just call me C3PO mutha $#@!a! Click here to enlarge
    ​#Chuckstrong

  25. #250
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,838
    Rep Points
    31,573.4
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
    Just call me C3PO mutha $#@!a! Click here to enlarge
    Ya I definitely did a good job on your programming.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •