Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How big is a s40 compressor wheel? What size is rb, asr, and epl using?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mazdaspeed6 Click here to enlarge
    How big is a s40 compressor wheel? What size is rb, asr, and epl using?
    I believe the size of the Compressor Wheel is 43.5mm/56mm but I will check to confirm.

I don't know the size of the others, sorry.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ok thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

TD turbos have the compressor wheel 56mm and 42mm. Its based on TD04-15T turbos
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Some bad news

Well I received an e-mail from Cherry Turbos yesterday and it was not what I wanted to hear but stuff happens.

"after a lot of time spent trying to get these turbos to do more than they were designed for, I've decided to stop looking for a solution to the wastegate design flaw. My choice of alloys is not guaranteed to work. Not having a guaranteed success out in the field is not something I want to hang on my reputation. I have a huge workload and am not finding the time to do any more r & d. Sadly that means I wasted your time and my time. The turbos are boxed up and ready to ship to you. Send me an address and I will get them back to you."

So I am glad that he was up front with me but I am not going to let this stop me in finding someone local that is up to the challenge of upgrading these turbos, right now I am talking to a shop that sounds like they are up for it, so when I get more details and the right shop that is willing to take on the challenge to the end I will start a new thread and let you guys know.

Sorry for getting everyones hopes up but I am hoping to make it up to you once I can find the right shop.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

its not easy to do hybrids...
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    its not easy to do hybrids...
    Yes, I know but there is another shop I am talking with, so I am not giving up yet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

cool, hope it all works out for you. abid told me he just sent out a couple sets to Canada actually, you're gunna have some competition for the fastest in Canada Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    cool, hope it all works out for you. abid told me he just sent out a couple sets to Canada actually, you're gunna have some competition for the fastest in Canada Click here to enlarge
    Its all good, this shop I found sounds pretty good, but I will find out for sure when I talk to them in person and see what they can do, and if they can do it then I wouldn't mind some friendly competition.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by farbmw Click here to enlarge
    Well I received an e-mail from Cherry Turbos yesterday and it was not what I wanted to hear but stuff happens.

"after a lot of time spent trying to get these turbos to do more than they were designed for, I've decided to stop looking for a solution to the wastegate design flaw. My choice of alloys is not guaranteed to work. Not having a guaranteed success out in the field is not something I want to hang on my reputation. I have a huge workload and am not finding the time to do any more r & d. Sadly that means I wasted your time and my time. The turbos are boxed up and ready to ship to you. Send me an address and I will get them back to you."

So I am glad that he was up front with me but I am not going to let this stop me in finding someone local that is up to the challenge of upgrading these turbos, right now I am talking to a shop that sounds like they are up for it, so when I get more details and the right shop that is willing to take on the challenge to the end I will start a new thread and let you guys know.

Sorry for getting everyones hopes up but I am hoping to make it up to you once I can find the right shop.
    Thanks for posting the update, at least they tried I guess but probably best to stick to the people who have demonstrated success on the platform thus far. More options the merrier, a shame they couldn't complete it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for posting the update, at least they tried I guess but probably best to stick to the people who have demonstrated success on the platform thus far. More options the merrier, a shame they couldn't complete it.
    Yes, its a shame, but I did find another shop that maybe up for the challenge, I will find out more this week.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Sorry to hear the news Far.
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB
    | Stock for Now |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Irishace Click here to enlarge
    Sorry to hear the news Far.
    No worrys I found a shop that should be able to do the job

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

No worrys I found a shop that should be able to do the job
    Why not just go with someone who already has development under their belt?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Why not just go with someone who already has development under their belt?
    Because I am in Canada so I would like to deal with someone up here if there is any problem with them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Because I am in Canada so I would like to deal with someone up here if there is any problem with them.
    Ahhh, good reason. Maybe try to find an experienced installer that way you can just source the hardware and they can provide support?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Ahhh, good reason. Maybe try to find an experience installed that way you can just source the hardware and they can provide support?
    Yes, that is the plan, I should be talking to them tomorrow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12