Close

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by caliguy562 Click here to enlarge
    Common enough for BMW to release a TSB regarding the issue. I've known about it for years and mine finally threw the code earlier this year without warning.
    I completely agree. I didn't know, but do an internet search and you'll see multiple cases, also fom comletely stock cars. Unfortunately, BMW in Europe doesn't acknowledge anything. They MAY give me new injectors though....
    E92 335i 2008 Space Grey 6MT | RB turbos | Quaife LSD | M3 Suspension kit | Íhlins Road & Track Coilover | DEFIVfab N54 diff lockdown kit | COBB PTF E50 map | Walbro E85 455 LPH LPFP | NGK 5992 plugs | Wagner FMIC | Wagner 3" DP | Milltek exhaust | Trueform Tech Intake System | Tial BOV | Motiv PI Stage 1 w/AIC | SPEC Stage 3+ clutch | SPEC SSM Flywheel | BMS CDV | 60-130 mph 7.55 s | 100-200 kmh 6.57 s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    how long is the intro pricing going to be ineffect?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Any update on shipping from the supplier for this? I have the car sitting at @undercoverangie taken apart waiting for these parts to come in. Just want to see if it makes sense for them to close everything back up so I can go pick up the car if it is going to be more than a few more days. @VargasTurboTech.
    SYVECS Standalone l Motiv Port Injection with Fuel It Stage 3 LPFP l MFactory LSD l CFS Racing Radiator l m3 front and rear control arms l ST Coilover System Vargas Stage 2+ Fully Upgraded Turbos l Vargas Inlet System l VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade v1 l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes l Apex AERO-7 Lightweight Wheels l Toyo R888s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Njz Click here to enlarge
    Any update on shipping from the supplier for this? I have the car sitting at @undercoverangie taken apart waiting for these parts to come in. Just want to see if it makes sense for them to close everything back up so I can go pick up the car if it is going to be more than a few more days. @VargasTurboTech .
    everything got here yesterday. I will be getting everything shipped out by tomorrow. Email me and let me know if you want to pay for expedited shipping.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Email sent, thanks for the quick response tony! When they come, your pump will be part of setting another n54 record, on stock turbos. Not sure how long terry will let me keep that Click here to enlarge though, the new engine in the 135i on stock turbos he has now it likely will be short lived lol.....Or my turbos will fail on the dyno and you will have an order from me for stage 1/2 depending on what mood I am in at the time it happens.
    SYVECS Standalone l Motiv Port Injection with Fuel It Stage 3 LPFP l MFactory LSD l CFS Racing Radiator l m3 front and rear control arms l ST Coilover System Vargas Stage 2+ Fully Upgraded Turbos l Vargas Inlet System l VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade v1 l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes l Apex AERO-7 Lightweight Wheels l Toyo R888s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    how common?
    Common enough that BMW covers the replacement DME (an MSD81) if you have an MSD80 & it fails
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Common enough that BMW covers the replacement DME (an MSD81) if you have an MSD80 & it fails
    really? never heard that before

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by G.I.Joe Click here to enlarge
    Was driving along, accelerating onto the freeway and got massive misfires. didn't go away with engine stop/start, plugged the Cobb AP in and read the codes. 4 pages worth of "misfire, injector" etc. codes. Could reset everything except the "30BA" code, and as soon as I restarted the engine, it ran like utter crap (worse than when my first HPFP failed). Was able to limp 2 miles, but then I had to have a tow truck take the car to the shop. It's been sitting there since monday. There are a few others who have had similar failures, seems to happen to late 07 built N54's with MSD80 DMEs.

Got a new MSD81 on order that'll be programmed to my car, should have it by monday.
    How much is this going to run you? I have a MSD80, maybe I should swap it out before it happens :p
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    How much is this going to run you? I have a MSD80, maybe I should swap it out before it happens :p
    So far $3000, but now I'm having what is most likely LPFP sensor issues. Had new MSD81 coded and installed and all 6 coils replaced. Only the cylinder 3 coil was dead, but since they all had 80k+ miles on them, I had them all replaced.

Hoping that the HPFP upgrade is coming soon, with my luck it will probably go soon as welll....Click here to enlarge
    E92 335i 2008 Space Grey 6MT | RB turbos | Quaife LSD | M3 Suspension kit | Íhlins Road & Track Coilover | DEFIVfab N54 diff lockdown kit | COBB PTF E50 map | Walbro E85 455 LPH LPFP | NGK 5992 plugs | Wagner FMIC | Wagner 3" DP | Milltek exhaust | Trueform Tech Intake System | Tial BOV | Motiv PI Stage 1 w/AIC | SPEC Stage 3+ clutch | SPEC SSM Flywheel | BMS CDV | 60-130 mph 7.55 s | 100-200 kmh 6.57 s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So far $3000, but now I'm having what is most likely LPFP sensor issues. Had new MSD81 coded and installed and all 6 coils replaced. Only the cylinder 3 coil was dead, but since they all had 80k+ miles on them, I had them all replaced.

Hoping that the HPFP upgrade is coming soon, with my luck it will probably go soon as welll....Click here to enlarge
    I was thinking about buying the BMW PPK since it includes a MSD81 upgrade in it along with the additional radiator...
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    hmm the PPK is listed for under $2000, if it includes the MSD81 upgrade why not just get that if the DME ever fails?
    2007 AW/Beige E92 335i 6MT / JB4 / E85 BB backend / IC / DCI / DPs / ER CP / Forge DVs / Meth(off) / 335is/550i Clutch / MFactory Steel SMFW / NGK Step Colder Plugs / BMS SSK/UUC KNOB / M3 Front Control Arms / Solid rear arms / Tein SS-P Coilovers / M4 18" in PSS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If it is the FETs dying, I'm sure capable people like myself or @Roy Cromier could repair them.

[EDIT] Notification fail. @Sticky how do you tag someone with a space in their username?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2132 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    [EDIT] Notification fail. @Sticky how do you tag someone with a space in their username?
    By spelling their name correctly.

@Roy Cormier
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge

@Roy Cormier
    Huh, imagine that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    really? never heard that before
    The DME is covered under the emissions warranty, 8 years / 80k miles.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    The DME is covered under the emissions warranty, 8 years / 80k miles.
    Seriously? BMW here could care less, they even say it doesn't happen....

I wan't to move to the US. First we have to pay 3 times as much for the car where I live, and then when something breaks, there's no warranty....

@VargasTurboTech I wrote you a mail this morning about shipping Click here to enlarge Looking forward to having it installed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    if the MOSFETS controlling the injectors take a dump it can be repaired. if you're out of warranty of course.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge

@Roy Cormier
    LMAO thanks, i needed a good laugh
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Any updates from anyone else who got the hpfp upgrade here? Interested to see everyone's results!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by idriveslo Click here to enlarge
    Any updates from anyone else who got the hpfp upgrade here? Interested to see everyone's results!
    Actually yes. It's in the shop having the upgrade installed. However I might not get it back until next week, as I was having some weird O2 codes, so they are checking (and replacing if necessary) everything (injectors, coils, plugs, MAF sensor, O2 sensors etc.).

I'm going to a track day event Thursday June 13th, so hopefully I will be able to test the car a bit before that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Mine's waiting for a Stage 3 kit to come in Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    Mine's waiting for a Stage 3 kit to come in Click here to enlarge
    Nice Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    And I wait my v67 Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cupra Click here to enlarge
    And I wait my v67 Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

pero la bomba te la envia toni o no ?

te fundo...Click here to enlarge
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by carcars Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

pero la bomba te la envia toni o no ?

te fundo...Click here to enlarge

Yes, Tony send me the pumps and fuel rail.

For now stands at customs, hope to be released soon....

Te vuelco cepoman y lo sabes

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456