Close

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    showing a dyno with either straight e85 or a very high mix will show this pump's capability much much better...
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    showing a dyno with either straight e85 or a very high mix will show this pump's capability much much better...
    I think it will be another point of data insofar as to its limits changing, but 'much better' is subjective imo. The chart that Tony posted spells it out in black and white. 34% corrections on stocker, -18/19% on upgraded one

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    I think it will be another point of data insofar as to its limits changing, but 'much better' is subjective imo. The chart that Tony posted spells it out in black and white. 34% corrections on stocker, -18/19% on upgraded one
    agreed but throw a high amount of e85 in there for the hell of it
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    agreed but throw a high amount of e85 in there for the hell of it
    I agree Click here to enlarge Hence my dancing bender gif

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Evan comes through in the clutch! Got my order modified.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've ordered one, and I will log with straight E85 as soon as I get it installed and Dzenno makes an updated map for me. Running E50 with RBs up to 21 psi now so far just fine with reasonable pressure on the HPFP, but at ~E70+ my HPFP takes a huge dive and hits as low as ~6-700psi. Of course I'm not making nearly the whp of Vargas Stg.3 but I'm betting on being able to run straight E85
    E92 335i 2008 Space Grey 6MT | RB turbos | Quaife LSD | M3 Suspension kit | Íhlins Road & Track Coilover | DEFIVfab N54 diff lockdown kit | COBB PTF E50 map | Walbro E85 455 LPH LPFP | NGK 5992 plugs | Wagner FMIC | Wagner 3" DP | Milltek exhaust | Trueform Tech Intake System | Tial BOV | Motiv PI Stage 1 w/AIC | SPEC Stage 3+ clutch | SPEC SSM Flywheel | BMS CDV | 60-130 mph 7.55 s | 100-200 kmh 6.57 s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by G.I.Joe Click here to enlarge
    I've ordered one, and I will log with straight E85 as soon as I get it installed and Dzenno makes an updated map for me. Running E50 with RBs up to 21 psi now so far just fine with reasonable pressure on the HPFP, but at ~E70+ my HPFP takes a huge dive and hits as low as ~6-700psi. Of course I'm not making nearly the whp of Vargas Stg.3 but I'm betting on being able to run straight E85
    Click here to enlarge in for results Click here to enlarge
    PTF PROTuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I agree, that's why I already ordered mine. Anything over E65 and the HPFP takes a dump with my setup (FBO + RBs + Walbro LPFP). Would be so nice to be able to just fill it up with E85 and maybe even enjoy a bit more power.
    I'm in the same boat - looking forward to the upgrade!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ramjet Click here to enlarge
    I'm in the same boat - looking forward to the upgrade!
    Cool. I'm pretty excited for this solution. Hope Tony gets the parts ready to ship soon, so I can start testing with E85 maps from D Click here to enlarge

Wonder how many already ordered, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is quite a few already. And many others awaiting our results.... Click here to enlarge
    E92 335i 2008 Space Grey 6MT | RB turbos | Quaife LSD | M3 Suspension kit | Íhlins Road & Track Coilover | DEFIVfab N54 diff lockdown kit | COBB PTF E50 map | Walbro E85 455 LPH LPFP | NGK 5992 plugs | Wagner FMIC | Wagner 3" DP | Milltek exhaust | Trueform Tech Intake System | Tial BOV | Motiv PI Stage 1 w/AIC | SPEC Stage 3+ clutch | SPEC SSM Flywheel | BMS CDV | 60-130 mph 7.55 s | 100-200 kmh 6.57 s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm waiting for the parts from Tischer Click here to enlarge I'm getting a new HPFP and rail; because just in case I want to go back to stock from the Stage 3s, I can.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

I'm waiting for the parts from Tischer Click here to enlarge I'm getting a new HPFP and rail; because just in case I want to go back to stock from the Stage 3s, I can.
    i like your style Click here to enlarge
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Any updates on shipping? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Any updates on shipping? Click here to enlarge
    Just waiting on the rest of the pumps to come in.

Tony

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

why would you ever want to go back to stock? when stage 4's come out?
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Tony,

After the modifications are done to the HPFP and rail, does anything cosmetically look different?

If not, I would not see any problem returning a car back to stock but leaving the upgraded pump/rail on the car. The DME will regulate fuel pressure and not over fuel the car.
    For Sale:

- NX Express complete wet kit with Plug & Play fuel adapter for BMW 335i

- FBO parts here LINK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Just waiting on the rest of the pumps to come in.

Tony
    Cool thanks Tony, I guess they've gotta come in before you can modify and ship Click here to enlarge

Anyway, I just fried my DME as well, so I'm currently waiting for another one of those. Didn't wan't to try a repair job myself. Will probably replace all coils and injectors along with the upgraded HPFP and fuel rail, so I might as well have it all done at once. That's why I was enquiring.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    why would you ever want to go back to stock? when stage 4's come out?
    If I sell the car

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Cool thanks Tony, I guess they've gotta come in before you can modify and ship Click here to enlarge

Anyway, I just fried my DME as well, so I'm currently waiting for another one of those. Didn't wan't to try a repair job myself. Will probably replace all coils and injectors along with the upgraded HPFP and fuel rail, so I might as well have it all done at once. That's why I was enquiring.
    What happened?
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    What happened?
    Was driving along, accelerating onto the freeway and got massive misfires. didn't go away with engine stop/start, plugged the Cobb AP in and read the codes. 4 pages worth of "misfire, injector" etc. codes. Could reset everything except the "30BA" code, and as soon as I restarted the engine, it ran like utter crap (worse than when my first HPFP failed). Was able to limp 2 miles, but then I had to have a tow truck take the car to the shop. It's been sitting there since monday. There are a few others who have had similar failures, seems to happen to late 07 built N54's with MSD80 DMEs.

Got a new MSD81 on order that'll be programmed to my car, should have it by monday.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Was driving along, accelerating onto the freeway and got massive misfires. didn't go away with engine stop/start, plugged the Cobb AP in and read the codes. 4 pages worth of "misfire, injector etc. codes. Could reset everything except the "30BA" code, and as soon as I restartede the engine it ran like utter crap (worse than when my first HPFP failed). Was able to limp 2 miles, but then I had to have a tow truck take the car to the shop. It's been sitting there since monday. There are a few others who have had similar failures, seems to happen to late 07 built N54's with MSD80 DMEs.

Had a single coil go out on my A4 2.0t. I seriously thought I lost my engine and looked in the rear view for oil streaks. Car shook violently, sounded like $#@! and thought every microsecond I drove the car to the side of the road that it was going to explode on me. Turns out it was just a single coil pack.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Msd80 failure is pretty common. Nothing like losing a bank of coils/injectors

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Just placed my order. Want to run 100% E85 on a stage 2 or stage 3 turbo setup.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by caliguy562 Click here to enlarge
    Msd80 failure is pretty common. Nothing like losing a bank of coils/injectors
    I would tend to agree with the above statement.... Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I would tend to agree with the above statement.... Click here to enlarge
    how common?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Common enough for BMW to release a TSB regarding the issue. I've known about it for years and mine finally threw the code earlier this year without warning.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast