Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

so what do we need to send in? i want to get this done! even though im on stocks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

100% E85 on stock turbos and stage 2 turbos would be awesome!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Email sent.
    SYVECS Standalone l Motiv Port Injection with Fuel It Stage 3 LPFP l MFactory LSD l CFS Racing Radiator l m3 front and rear control arms l ST Coilover System Vargas Stage 2+ Fully Upgraded Turbos l Vargas Inlet System l VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade v1 l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes l Apex AERO-7 Lightweight Wheels l Toyo R888s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

I'll be getting some cores out next week. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Is it possible to use our current equipment as core charge/refund? We pay for the new parts, get them, and then send you ours for core reimbursement?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LuSt4Boost Click here to enlarge
    Is it possible to use our current equipment as core charge/refund? We pay for the new parts, get them, and then send you ours for core reimbursement?
    As long as you have a good pump and don't mind the downtime then of course we can upgrade your cores. I will say do yourself a favor and don't go getting a wrecking yard pump and having it upgraded, most of those are before BMW started fixing them and the failure rate is quite high, better to start with something you know is not going to fail shortly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Is there any warranty on the upgraded HPFP?

I'd also be interested in a Core charge type program (e.g. $200-300 core charge refunded when you get the stock HPFP back). Many of us daily drive our 335i's Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Is there any warranty on the upgraded HPFP?

I'd also be interested in a Core charge type program (e.g. $200-300 core charge refunded when you get the stock HPFP back). Many of us daily drive our 335i's Click here to enlarge
    In that case it would be best to just buy a new pump, and, rail, send it and keep driving your car. We cannot rebuild these pumps, like we can the turbos, we just modify them. If someone sends us a bad pump for a core its worthless to us, for this reason we cannot do a core type exchange.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    In that case it would be best to just buy a new pump, and, rail, send it and keep driving your car. We cannot rebuild these pumps, like we can the turbos, we just modify them. If someone sends us a bad pump for a core its worthless to us, for this reason we cannot do a core type exchange.
    Fair enough. Any warranty on the upgraded HPFP (if a new one is shipped directly to you).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

@VargasTurboTech

Will I be able to run the single Walbro 455 lph by itself n the tank with the VTTS HPFP Upgrade and the VTTS3 Turbos ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    @VargasTurboTech

Will I be able to run the single Walbro 455 lph by itself n the tank with the VTTS HPFP Upgrade and the VTTS3 Turbos ?
    This remains to be seen, the parallel system is doing a great job. I would love to try the single and see what we get.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hkninja Click here to enlarge
    Can I run FBO, stock turbo and 100% E85 with this pump without any issue? Do I need to upgrade LPFP too if I run 100% E85?
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    so for all stock turbo cars on e85, this is not really needed? The LPFP will suffice, correct?
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blisstik Click here to enlarge
    100% E85 on stock turbos and stage 2 turbos would be awesome!
    Stock Turbos can already run 100% E85 with just the Walbro 450 LPFP upgrade (Stock HPFP). I'm personally doing this (supported by a COBB PROtune to make sure the fueling has been adjusted appropriately) & I've never maxed my trims running my straight E85 map.

For anybody running Vargas Stage 2s/RBs or higher it'll be necessary to run the Walbro LPFP & Vargas HPFP together. At that point I can't 100% confirm that a single LPFP will be sufficient and you may need to run a twin LPFP setup like on the Vargas Stage 3 car.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Stock Turbos can already run 100% E85 with just the Walbro 450 LPFP upgrade (Stock HPFP). I'm personally doing this (supported by a COBB PROtune to make sure the fueling has been adjusted appropriately) & I've never maxed my trims running my straight E85 map.

For anybody running Vargas Stage 2s/RBs or higher it'll be necessary to run the Walbro LPFP & Vargas HPFP together. At that point I can't 100% confirm that a single LPFP will be sufficient and you may need to run a twin LPFP setup like on the Vargas Stage 3 car.
    Just curious, how much boost and timing is your tune running on 100% e85? Have you dynoed your car with this set up?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Ok guys, so after the tuning this weekend. I am confident that the modifications we perform work well. We will be offering the upgrade to the public now. How it will work is, you can either send us your pump and another fuel system part we will need, or we can get them for you and just add it to the price. The intro price for the upgrade will be $499. If we buy the parts that will be on top of the parts. If you are interested, contact us via email Tony@vargasturbo.com and we can discuss how you want to procede. Please do not ask for details of the upgrade as we are not going to share them. Thanks for the support, we appreciate it.
    I know you said 'dont ask for details' but could you share roughly HOW effective the upgrade is? Or is that via email only TBA sorta thing? (Or is it shared elsewhere?)

also, if $500 is intro, how much is final pricing if you can share?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dmacc Click here to enlarge
    Just curious, how much boost and timing is your tune running on 100% e85? Have you dynoed your car with this set up?
    Check the sig for WHP -- Boost is maxed on 93, so the curve is nearly identical (18psi midrange, tapered down to 14ish for redline) on E85. I can't remember timing for the 93 or E85 tunes, but I'm planning on getting E85 Tuesday & switching over to that tune, so I can get back to your if you're really that interested.

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Awesome, I'll send a PM. Looking to run 100% E85 with my RBs
    E92 335i 2008 Space Grey 6MT | RB turbos | Quaife LSD | M3 Suspension kit | Íhlins Road & Track Coilover | DEFIVfab N54 diff lockdown kit | COBB PTF E50 map | Walbro E85 455 LPH LPFP | NGK 5992 plugs | Wagner FMIC | Wagner 3" DP | Milltek exhaust | Trueform Tech Intake System | Tial BOV | Motiv PI Stage 1 w/AIC | SPEC Stage 3+ clutch | SPEC SSM Flywheel | BMS CDV | 60-130 mph 7.55 s | 100-200 kmh 6.57 s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    100% e85 killed my hpfp on the dyno. It will be fine for a little while but running 100% e85 without meth to take stress of the HFPF will likely result in a HPFP failure.
    SYVECS Standalone l Motiv Port Injection with Fuel It Stage 3 LPFP l MFactory LSD l CFS Racing Radiator l m3 front and rear control arms l ST Coilover System Vargas Stage 2+ Fully Upgraded Turbos l Vargas Inlet System l VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade v1 l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes l Apex AERO-7 Lightweight Wheels l Toyo R888s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Check the sig for WHP -- Boost is maxed on 93, so the curve is nearly identical (18psi midrange, tapered down to 14ish for redline) on E85. I can't remember timing for the 93 or E85 tunes, but I'm planning on getting E85 Tuesday & switching over to that tune, so I can get back to your if you're really that interested.
    Thanks for the reply, that would be awesome

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Njz Click here to enlarge
    100% e85 killed my hpfp on the dyno. It will be fine for a little while but running 100% e85 without meth to take stress of the HFPF will likely result in a HPFP failure.
    But your's wasn't modified. Your pump was probably working double time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Correct I was responding to benzy's post. I have little doubt that with this upgrade 100% e85 will be safe to run. That is why I am upgrading as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

That's debatable. The HPFP on this platform is a known, common problem (which is why BMW has extended the warranty for that specific part), so I wouldn't blame running E85 anymore than running pump gas for the pump's failure.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

How did the E85 kill it? Or are you mistaking correlation as causation? Just wondering, because I have ran 100% E85 and have been using the 50/50 blend since it was supported, with a HPFP from 2007.

Just wondering if there is any evidence here as my experience shows differently, at least on stock hardware Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sparky68 Click here to enlarge
    lol why the $#@! i get neg repped for that when i edited and explained why? Click here to enlarge
    + repped you back!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I am referring strictly to benzy's post about running FULL e85 on the HPFP. Running lower mixes (sub 60%) has been proven safe, running 100% e85 is not going to be good news longterm on a non upgraded HPFP. My car was running like a champ on 50/50 e85, no issues with the fueling and than the first tank of 100% e85 I ran on the dyno the HPFP let go after 6 pulls. Doubt that was just a coincidence. Do what you all want, I personally will be paying for the upgrade from vargas before attempting any high concentrate runs of e85 again. This was my experience your mileage may vary. IMO $499 for some piece of mind is a great deal.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I am referring strictly to benzy's post about running FULL e85 on the HPFP. Running lower mixes (sub 60%) has been proven safe, running 100% e85 is not going to be good news longterm on a non upgraded HPFP. My car was running like a champ on 50/50 e85, no issues with the fueling and than the first tank of 100% e85 I ran on the dyno the HPFP let go after 6 pulls. Doubt that was just a coincidence. Do what you all want, I personally will be paying for the upgrade from vargas before attempting any high concentrate runs of e85 again. This was my experience your mileage may vary. IMO $499 for some piece of mind is a great deal.
    I agree, that's why I already ordered mine. Anything over E65 and the HPFP takes a dump with my setup (FBO + RBs + Walbro LPFP). Would be so nice to be able to just fill it up with E85 and maybe even enjoy a bit more power.
    E92 335i 2008 Space Grey 6MT | RB turbos | Quaife LSD | M3 Suspension kit | Íhlins Road & Track Coilover | DEFIVfab N54 diff lockdown kit | COBB PTF E50 map | Walbro E85 455 LPH LPFP | NGK 5992 plugs | Wagner FMIC | Wagner 3" DP | Milltek exhaust | Trueform Tech Intake System | Tial BOV | Motiv PI Stage 1 w/AIC | SPEC Stage 3+ clutch | SPEC SSM Flywheel | BMS CDV | 60-130 mph 7.55 s | 100-200 kmh 6.57 s

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast