Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rmgv10 Click here to enlarge
    You obviously have no clue about 5 gas and nox. 5 gas can be used to diagnose fuel, air heat problems without even opening a hood. The numbers used to compare are numbers meant to be after cat, so I get what your thinking about after cat, but the numbers used are calculated for after cat. I do have a copy of the last dyno done, I'm at drill this weekend (army) so uploading before end of weekend is not possible.
    Oh word.. So what numbers were you seeing.. And then tell us how it differentiates from PI to DI... Or do the simple thing and LOG IT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You obviously have no clue about 5 gas and nox. 5 gas can be used to diagnose fuel, air heat problems without even opening a hood. The numbers used to compare are numbers meant to be after cat, so I get what your thinking about after cat, but the numbers used are calculated for after cat. I do have a copy of the last dyno done, I'm at drill this weekend (army) so uploading before end of weekend is not possible.
    I self admit that I have no clue about 5gas but many clues about nox. And you have no data on either, not trying to be a dick. If you did, I'd be inclined to learn about it, as I love to learn new things. And I love to help people make themselves healthier and their cars/computers/things faster/nicer. And I used to do emissions testing as well and was ASE accredited for a couple systems in the early/mid 00's. And as such I can honestly say you know better than to ask so much with so little, lots of that this week it seems :-(

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
    Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / DCI

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    dude, everyone is trying to help you. I understand that you trust your emission's data but it's al relative. don't tell me you can map that to exact timing/iat... believe me a log will be enlightening and would directly tell us all whether what the dyno reported makes sense or not, and why
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

'10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I dont think it will help you but...
    Hc-80-86 ppm
    Co-.5%
    O 2- .4%
    Co2-14.2%
    Afr-14.3:1
    Nox 146 ppm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    V8bait the comment was directed to guy with attitude, not you

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hc-80-86 ppm
    Co-.5%
    O 2- .4%
    Co2-14.2%
    Nox 146 ppm

How many miles does the car have? Did you check engine carbon build up? Smoke test it? Any videos of the dyno & .DRF files? Conditions of dyno & correction factor used? etc.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    V8bait the comment was directed to guy with attitude, not you
    Gotta be more specific then that
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Hold the boat... 5gas you mean a typical emissions monitor, infra red type? I thought you meant something fancy... those are exactly what we used for emissions.

For one thing, those gases will 100% be affected by the cat. But that being said I'll give you my synopsis, even though since that is either a snapshot or an average, you are right, it's not very helpful sadly.

HC is low, so not much un burnt fuel. Cats lower this substantially, but it shows no misfire, which could be caused by plugs/lean conditions. Looks good, typically a cumulative number. If anything it's low for a turbo motor trip to redline by a bit.

CO is partially burnt fuel, also highly affected by a cat. 5% means rich mix of around 12-12.5:1, good to see for acceleration enrichment. Low is 0%, means stoich or lean. If it means lean, you usually see HC accompany it. .5% could be an average of the 0% start of run and higher during acceleration, cleaned up by the cat some.

CO2 is complete combustion, affected by cat when it used stored 02 and heat and CO to make CO2 so also affected by cats. Not worth much more than relative afr calculation.

O2 isn't too important. The afr is also affected by the cats. We can sometimes calculate rough afr by taking CO + CO2 - O2 = afr iirc, or something along those lines, without cats it's semi accurate with % measurements versus the typical grams/mile measurements. I'd need my emissions book to verify.

NOx is low. Also affected by cats. Low means the combustion temps weren't too high, meaning maybe no heat soak, maybe not lean, maybe advance ok... but honestly in a high compression motor I'd almost expect higher than that, again, cats...

I thought by 5 gas you meant some fancy gases. Those won't work at all if read at the tailpipe with cats, I'm sorry if they told you otherwise. They would absolutely work if catless. Sorry that's not more helpful.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Fwiw, a typical car in that type of test, the limits on Colorado were 220ppm HC, 1.2% CO, NOx wasn't tested, for about a 2-3 minute test. Idle, 2500rpm free rev (no load), second idle. Average of best idle and free rev, cumulative HC. You passed Colorado emissions out the tailpipe for your dyno run :-)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Here is my logs from Cobb stage one, stock 335is. U can see the temps jump massively during the pull. Note that this was the first pull of the day. The ecu is definitely pulling power due to those hight iats
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    2015 - Cayman GTS - Stock
    2011 - 335is e92 - Cobb PTF E40/Rob Beck/AR/Helix (458 rwtq and 479 rwhp) - Retired
    2007 - 911 Turbo - EP1/AMS (617 awtq and 500 awhp) - Retired
    2008 - 335i e92 - Cobb/AR/Helix/OSS (384 rwtq and 356 rwhp) - Retired
    2003 and 2005 330i/ci zhp - Stock - Retired

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hc-80-86 ppm
    Co-.5%
    O 2- .4%
    Co2-14.2%
    Nox 146 ppm
    awesome, so whats that tell us? are those normal? what about normal for DI? seems you have time to gather that info, but not post the dyno?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    awesome, so whats that tell us? are those normal? what about normal for DI? seems you have time to gather that info, but not post the dyno?
    Or logs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    Or logs
    thats ridiculous! you can calculate timing, boost, iat and pwm fro 5gas, why would you want to see ACTUAL values?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I did not have to gather those values, I did test myself. If I wasn't doing army things I could post dyno. I really dont have anything else to say to anyone unless they have response to original question. Its simple I was asking for ppl with similar problems. I am not looking for advice from ppl who probably have to pay to have mods done but think they know alot.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

I did not have to gather those values, I did test myself. If I wasn't doing army things I could post dyno. I really dont have anything else to say to anyone unless they have response to original question. Its simple I was asking for ppl with similar problems. I am not looking for advice from ppl who probably have to pay to have mods done but think they know alot.
    listen boss, you came here with the notion that something is "wrong" because you "only" made 40+hp with intake+tune, you made the MISTAKE of not logging. not much we, or anyone can do for you without the information required. Its evident that ONE person in this thread is lacking the required knowledge given that you "did not have to gather those values"

maybe you should just wait until your done doing "army" stuff and get back to us. im sure your training is much more important right now anyway, or at least should be..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    All those numbers he posted say is the car is running good, that there are no obvious problems. Since there are no obvious problems, the logs are kinda required to diagnose whatever is holding back power.

My guess since the car seems to be running good from the sniffer is that you are not hitting target boost. So solenoids or a leak or something. But no logs so that's a total guess.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

EVERYONE here is trying to help you, but we NEED data logs that show at a minimum:

• Timing
    • Timing Corrections
    • Boost Curve
    • WGDC
    • Lambda (AFR)
    • STFT
    • LTFT

You can zip the .csv file or use a Data Grapher and post the Graph here. Until somebody sees some data, NOBODY will be able to diagnose the car -- No matter how much 5 Gas data you provide.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looks like a horse to water thingClick here to enlarge Maybe its best he just figures it out for himself.
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok I'll play, a while back when Cobb fmic 2+ was new I went to a dyno day that yielded poor results similar to what you got and I had all the required mods. The dyno operator logged the runs, on the way home I did more logging..

When I got home and read the logs guess what 150 degree IAT'S , believe me I tried to get around the whole logging thing , but when something isn't right conversations with the tuner stop at "send me the logs"

So maybe other platforms can use Baskin & Robbins gas masspectrometer to tell what there problems are and maybe you can show us how to do it on an n54 car.. But until then your gonna need to show us boost ,timing and iat's at least to tell you why your dyno seems low... Good luck.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If you had posted something like mine, then everyone could have helped you out a lot easier
    Click here to enlarge

and told you that your car [ in my case ] is $#@!ed!
    Click here to enlarge
    335i ~ JB4 ~ BMS ~ DCI ~ Active Autowerks CP & BOV ~ Borla Catback Exhaust

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12