Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

dual nozzle Vs single nozzle response times

Would like opinions of dual meth nozzle Vs single meth nozzle in regards to response. With my single nozzle #14 nozzle I had the selonoid literally 2-3" from the nozzle and it seems to be a lot better with response than the dual nozzle. Seems to take dual nozzle way to long. I understand that the dual nozzles will take longer because of the added line after the selonoid. I just think the added response of the single nozzle out weighs the benefits of the better optimization of dual nozzles...

Anyone else agree or have any opinions?
    JB4 G5, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR Dps, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid subframe bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Agree. Just stick with a large single nozzle. Better/faster flow.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dirty Dog Click here to enlarge
    Agree. Just stick with a large single nozzle. Better/faster flow.
    starting to think that way! I will use the bung I tapped at the elbow and plug the one on my cp.
    JB4 G5, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR Dps, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid subframe bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I like this setup also.My solenoid is 5" before nozzle and response is super fast. Do you have a dual bung charge pipe? What's your nozzle placement?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Never mind I see it in your response above

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How big is the difference in response times? If we're talking fractions of a second then I would stick to running two smaller nozzles to get the mixture as finely atomized and spread as possible. That's why I run an AM1 and AM.9 nozzles.

Of course, the FAV used by Aquamist helps to reduce response times anyway so it's less of a concern for me.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Rader are you gonna run the same setup with new turbos?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    How big is the difference in response times? If we're talking fractions of a second then I would stick to running two smaller nozzles to get the mixture as finely atomized and spread as possible. That's why I run an AM1 and AM.9 nozzles.

Of course, the FAV used by Aquamist helps to reduce response times anyway so it's less of a concern for me.
    It is actually a pretty big delay...like a big hesitation/bog.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Be careful with meth. Lots of things you need to keep track of and check all the time: tanks, leaks, nozzle condition, pump, etc etc. There is at least one case of hydrolocked engine that I know of due to meth flooding and numerous cases of engine fires due to leaks.

Not worth the trouble in my mind.
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vasillalov Click here to enlarge
    Be careful with meth. Lots of things you need to keep track of and check all the time: tanks, leaks, nozzle condition, pump, etc etc. There is at least one case of hydrolocked engine that I know of due to meth flooding and numerous cases of engine fires due to leaks.

Not worth the trouble in my mind.
    You obviously don't run meth. I run meth on my 135i for about 16 months without issue and it was great. Now I have a 335i and can't wait to get my meth installed again. The performance gain is worth the risk as long as you keep a close eye on it and make sure it's all working as it should without leaks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dirty Dog Click here to enlarge
    You obviously don't run meth. I run meth on my 135i for about 16 months without issue and it was great. Now I have a 335i and can't wait to get my meth installed again. The performance gain is worth the risk as long as you keep a close eye on it and make sure it's all working as it should without leaks.
    he is just starting to be careful....and I agree Erich is why everything is stainless 4-AN and trunk mounted. I agree though....I wouldn't want to run with out meth lol!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by robc1976 Click here to enlarge
    he is just starting to be careful....
    That's all I really wanted to say. Click here to enlarge I understand very well the benefits of meth injection.
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's all I really wanted to say. Click here to enlarge I understand very well the benefits of meth injection.
    I know you do man, how's the big wrench working out lol!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by robc1976 Click here to enlarge
    I know you do man, how's the big wrench working out lol!

Shop was very busy this week and I could not bring the car in. I am hoping Monday I'll bring the car in. As soon as that's done, I'll ship you the big boy wrench back! Click here to enlarge
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Shop was very busy this week and I could not bring the car in. I am hoping Monday I'll bring the car in. As soon as that's done, I'll ship you the big boy wrench back! Click here to enlarge
    No hurry man!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Much better response, less drain and cleaner look.

Click here to enlarge