Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

This is odd - what could this be?

Installed a brand new Walbro fuel pump as well as a brand new regulator today. I used the 72psi regulator line from the old regulator. All screw caps and seals are brand new. My issue: My car will idle will 5-10 min before just stopping. If I restart it, it restarts right away and will, again, idle for 5-10 min before quitting again. I opened up the gas cap in case there was pressure built up and it did let some air out but after that, it still dies after idling.
    It's odd that it starts back up every time though and I have no clue what the problem could be. If a hose came off, it just wouldn't restart....and there's no way a hose has come off - those suckers are on there tight! LOL

Anyone have any ideas? I haven't driven the car yet, besides backing it down the driveway and back up. It hasn't died while it was moving. Also, when it dies there's a humming-type noise that sounds similiar to the fuel pump priming and it appears to be coming from the rear drivers side of the car. I'm stumped...
    JB4 G5, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR Dps, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid subframe bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Vacuum problem in your tank maybe?
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    Vacuum problem in your tank maybe?
    what could cause this? I did have both caps off st the same time...I replace the regulator and walbro (LPFP). I thought maybe air in the fuel lines....what ever it is it builds up then it happens....cat restarts no problems.
    JB4 G5, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR Dps, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid subframe bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Can you try logging & see if the pump stops receiving power or if the psi just dies?
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Found the issue....kinked line....suck because I like the line better than rubber...oh well, it is fixed.Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Awesome. Now please do a detailed DIY with parts list. Basically get rubber lines then right?
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750 / MHD+JB4 / ADV / SB REAR O2

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blisstik Click here to enlarge
    Awesome. Now please do a detailed DIY with parts list. Basically get rubber lines then right?
    Honestly I would use submersible fuel line or regulator line. The regulator line up top pinched but submersible fuel line willl be better. In the pic you will notice I used regulator line and also ziptied it in 2 spots. Rubber house has a tendency to get soft and pop offs at the venturi.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I used this rubber submersible fuel injection line for my walbro E85 pump.
    http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...yword=%0927086
    Found some on Amazon for a few bucks and had it in a couple days.
    Click here to enlarge
    JB4/MHD | Alpina | Level10 VB | RB EVOs | RPI Quad Exhaust | AR DP's
    100% E85 | Port Injection | Fuel-It Stg 3 | DIY FMIC | ER CP W/Synapse BOV
    Best ET: 10.9 | Best MPH 133.4
    Fuel by Fuel-it! - http://www.fuel-it.biz/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by trickcruiser Click here to enlarge
    that is the way to go for sure! Pliable and submersible.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by trickcruiser Click here to enlarge
    repped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Gates is good stuff.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Some may call me crazy but I am going to see if I can get fabricated hard lined plastic with fitting for the walbro.....this honestly needs to be done.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I wrote the DIY. But anyone who installs the pump is on their own to set it up properly. To date I've yet to have to reopen mine after thousands of miles of driving so when installed properly it works without issue. Click here to enlarge

Troubleshooting is easy. If your low fuel pressure is less than 60psi at idle in the JB4 interface something is loose/wrong in the tank.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I wrote the DIY. But anyone who installs the pump is on their own to set it up properly. To date I've yet to have to reopen mine after thousands of miles of driving so when installed properly it works without issue. Click here to enlarge

Troubleshooting is easy. If your low fuel pressure is less than 60psi at idle in the JB4 interface something is loose/wrong in the tank.
    agreed, I just wanted to try the other hose since it seemed better...didn't take into account it's in ability to bit bend good lol! Working great now!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Are you gonna be able to run 100% E85?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by robc1976 Click here to enlarge
    agreed, I just wanted to try the other hose since it seemed better...didn't take into account it's in ability to bit bend good lol! Working great now!
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750 / MHD+JB4 / ADV / SB REAR O2

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blisstik Click here to enlarge
    Are you gonna be able to run 100% E85?
    I have butt don't think it really has that much advantage...I hit 21-22 psi with a 50/50 mix with great timing ECT. If not running meth I could see a advantage.