Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by partlowr Click here to enlarge
    We went so far as asking the race promotors on Saturday to find us some BMW's to race. Would not have mattered the Weistec CLK was trapping at 182 so it would not have been much of a race.
    Trap speed doesn't tell the whole story. I was trapping around 166mph, yet was running with cars trapping 171mph. JRCart's C63 was trapping around 166mph to I believe, and as you can see I was able to pull on him. So, yes, even a 5mph difference in trap speed doesn't necessarily mean the car will win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here our 1st out of 3 runs, this was me without methenol @ 600rwhp, down over 100rwhp from full power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSpiredM3 Click here to enlarge
    Trap speed doesn't tell the whole story. I was trapping around 166mph, yet was running with cars trapping 171mph. JRCart's C63 was trapping around 166mph to I believe, and as you can see I was able to pull on him. So, yes, even a 5mph difference in trap speed doesn't necessarily mean the car will win.
    Here our 1st out of 3 runs, this was me without methenol @ 600rwhp, down over 100rwhp from full power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr_M...?v=yr_MHUKTaWg
    Thanks for posting it here. I didn't want to steal your thunder + rep for you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MisterEm Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for posting it here. I didn't want to steal your thunder + rep for you
    Oh, I can care less about this horrible forum. Just posting here to clarify some things.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Oh, I can care less about this horrible forum. Just posting here to clarify some things.
    I hear your point, but it is not about the forum, its about the principle.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thanks for posting more vids of your race !

Just for clarification, this vid is where JRCART's belt slipped and you were having problems with your meth, then you guys raced again and he won ( the original vid of the thread ) and then you raced a third time on meth and race and beat him again.

Is that correct ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SleepersOwn Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for posting more vids of your race !

Just for clarification, this vid is where JRCART's belt slipped and you were having problems with your meth, then you guys raced again and he won ( the original vid of the thread ) and then you raced a third time on meth and race and beat him again.

Is that correct ?
    Yep

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yep
    Cool ! Thanks for the clarification. Your car runs hard man ! Are you going to stick with your setup or do you have plans to switch to E85 like CW and Marcus ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SleepersOwn Click here to enlarge
    Cool ! Thanks for the clarification. Your car runs hard man ! Are you going to stick with your setup or do you have plans to switch to E85 like CW and Marcus ?
    Thanks man. Definitively planning on switching to e85 and a different turbo. Just waiting til the AEM Infinity gets situated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh and also, I guess the definition of gutted is relative. My car does have 2 seats though! Weight reduction includes: Removal of back seats and trunk cover and lining. Race seats in front. Removal of AC. CF Hood, trunk and roof. But I have also added a good deal of weight back with the turbo kit and roll bar. I am just guessing on the weight of the car around 3200lbs. Car still has door panels and etc. It's not FULLY gutted...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thanks man. Definitively planning on switching to e85 and a different turbo. Just waiting til the AEM Infinity gets situated.

Ah yes, I know that's going to be a winner when HPF gets it sorted out. I think they said sometime later this year right ? Hopefully all goes well and you get to enjoy your car even more !

Oh and also, I guess the definition of gutted is relative. My car does have 2 seats though! Weight reduction includes: Removal of back seats and trunk cover and lining. Race seats in front. Removal of AC. CF Hood, trunk and roof. But I have also added a good deal of weight back with the turbo kit and roll bar. I am just guessing on the weight of the car around 3200lbs. Car still has door panels and etc. It's not FULLY gutted...
    Oh, sorry if I misunderstood. I guess it was just the angle of the vids i've seen in-car that makes me think it's more than it is. I guess semi-gutted instead of fully gutted ? lol. I didn't mean any offense if there was any taken.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Then get lost.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Then get lost.
    mellow out dude... mike's been around for years in the FI community. that old e46 has seen some $#@!... was supercharged back when we were all running around stock. he's prolly not to stoked on some old $#@! on BB.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dreikraft Click here to enlarge
    mellow out dude... mike's been around for years in the FI community. that old e46 has seen some $#@!... was supercharged back when we were all running around stock. he's prolly not to stoked on some old $#@! on BB.
    I know exactly who he is.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234