Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SleepersOwn Click here to enlarge
    CRIPPPPEEESSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So sorry to hear about that man ! As you said, thankfully it's nothing serious. Just sucks you got all prepped for the event and go bust the first pass. I know you'll be back out better for the next event ! Especially if you were cutting the same times on 19's and transfer to his 18's setup.
    Whenever I show up my friends all ask, so what tires are you running and I always say 265/30/19's and they face palm.. I'm just one of those guys who's car will run on the strip exactly as it will if you roll up on me after I leave the starbucks drive through. It cuts 5.6 60-130's all day, on my clean looking wheels/tires and aside from when my boost actuated cutout opens up, or you see the cage in it.. you wouldn't know it can cut a 5.6 on rubber bands.. I like that Click here to enlarge but thats also due in part by FSR's assistance with us just dialing the speed based traction control in to a TEE. If we did the same with a set of 18's on it I think we'd take another 2 tenths off that 60-130 no problem.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sparky68 Click here to enlarge
    A bloody quick daily makes it even more special, dont suppose you have any pics etc of it?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ZooyorQ Click here to enlarge
    Thanks.
    Click here to enlarge
    335i ~ JB4 ~ BMS ~ DCI ~ Active Autowerks CP & BOV ~ Borla Catback Exhaust

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Whenever I show up my friends all ask, so what tires are you running and I always say 265/30/19's and they face palm.. I'm just one of those guys who's car will run on the strip exactly as it will if you roll up on me after I leave the starbucks drive through. It cuts 5.6 60-130's all day, on my clean looking wheels/tires and aside from when my boost actuated cutout opens up, or you see the cage in it.. you wouldn't know it can cut a 5.6 on rubber bands.. I like that Click here to enlarge but thats also due in part by FSR's assistance with us just dialing the speed based traction control in to a TEE. If we did the same with a set of 18's on it I think we'd take another 2 tenths off that 60-130 no problem.
    Lol @ the face palm. I get your pov. Function AND Form. It also helps having that run what you brung capability to stifle alot of the " If I had xyz then I would have beat you ! " excuses lol. That proefi just keeps ringing in the praises ( as long as the operators are competent ) I see. It's just really exciting to see all of the progress you and a few others are making. Enjoy it in good health man.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    The dyno pic is with my old set of fronts...here is my new setup and my car is extremely dirty in this picture...Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice looking motor and fast as $#@! by all accounts. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    335i ~ JB4 ~ BMS ~ DCI ~ Active Autowerks CP & BOV ~ Borla Catback Exhaust

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SleepersOwn Click here to enlarge
    Lol @ the face palm. I get your pov. Function AND Form. It also helps having that run what you brung capability to stifle alot of the " If I had xyz then I would have beat you ! " excuses lol. That proefi just keeps ringing in the praises ( as long as the operators are competent ) I see. It's just really exciting to see all of the progress you and a few others are making. Enjoy it in good health man.
    Thanks! Much appreciated. The only thing I can say is.. if my valvetrain stayed together I would have likely cut only slightly better numbers then last time. But I may have also just ran the same numbers being I was at the limits of my tires last time, not my power. I'll put on some real tires next go around, just to please the gallery. Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Thanks! Much appreciated. The only thing I can say is.. if my valvetrain stayed together I would have likely cut only slightly better numbers then last time.
    Sorry to hear your car didn't finish the event Marcus. I was wondering why there were no videos of the new motor in action. Did you end up killing the Saad motor?

Mike

OT, but can you elaborate a bit more on the valvetrain failure with the supertech parts? I just finished a head with all Supertech junk in OE sizes - valves, springs, keepers, and locks and your post made me pucker. PM is fine. Thank you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MisterEm Click here to enlarge
    Sorry to hear your car didn't finish the event Marcus. I was wondering why there were no videos of the new motor in action. Did you end up killing the Saad motor?

Mike

OT, but can you elaborate a bit more on the valvetrain failure with the supertech parts? I just finished a head with all Supertech junk in OE sizes - valves, springs, keepers, and locks and your post made me pucker. PM is fine. Thank you.
    The Saad motor was built in a rush for the drags last year and we only had a week to put the car together. So some gaskets were putty, others were leaking, the motor was fine but the oil on my undercarriage was bothering what would otherwise be a sparkling car.. and that bothered me so I pulled the motor and tossed the entire thing and built a new one with a new head/block/pistons/etc. I also had it balanced down to a 1/2 gram with clutch, flywheel, etc.. revs like butter.. and was fine on the dyno.. but one of the shims wedged in the retainer on the first pass in Coalinga. Upon further inspection in the trailer we found that the retainers had a slight ridge on it which was causing the shims to not completely contact the top of the valve stem. Talking very very minimal.. but enough to cause some valvetrain noise that I didn't like. So we're pulling it off and rebuilding the head again.

I purchased the springs/retainers/etc about a 2 weeks ago.. if you purchased yours semi recently I'd pull the retainer, drop a oem shim in, press the valve stem hard up against the retainer and check for play. If there is any.. I'd let Supertech know right away.. I'm hoping they just sent us the wrong retainers and that it wasn't a bad batch. I had a second set of retainers that had the same problem, but they were ordered at the same time.

The new motor ripped though.. I was running on nothing but spring (1bar) now that i'm at 11.5:1 and it wanted more boost and timing.. but we wouldn't give it to her until we got some more seat time on the strip with it.. but alas it only made the one pass.. and those tires were just no match. I'm going to have to buckle down and put a slightly more aggressive tire on it.. but I'll never run 17/16's with drag radials.. only R888's. Love those tires!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin Click here to enlarge
    O Rly? I guess there is always next time we can find out but to say "it would not have been much of a race"...needs no comment lol. It would have been good fun to find out though.
    Come on man, are you really implying thst you think it would have been a race with the CLK? That is as crazy as me saying that JRCARTs C BS might have a chance against you. It was consistantly trapping 181-182 all weekend, our pit was next to the announcers booth, we heard every one of your trapspeeds and most of them were 176, you ran 177 in your final shootout race and I never heard a 178, not saying it did not happen just saying I might have missed it. If you were within a mile or two per hour I would say it might be a race but 5mph is outside the margin of error.

His cars are still out there in SoCal, where do you live? Maybe we can set something up. I think we spoke to you guys, Jim/JRCART and I rode our Ruckus' over and spoke to your buddy whose car was already loaded in the rig with a problem, you guys were pitted with a black wide bodyM3 as well, correct? Please do not take my post the wrong way, I am not trying to start a war here, I just honestly do not think it would have been close but lets make it official. BTW, your car is awesome and congrats o your win.
    Last edited by partlowr; 04-09-2013 at 08:12 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by partlowr Click here to enlarge
    Come on man, are you really implying thst you think it would have been a race with the CLK? That is as crazy as me saying that JRCARTs C BS might have a chance against you. It was consistantly trapping 181-182 all weekend, our pit was next to the announcers booth, we heard every one of your trapspeeds and most of them were 176, you ran 177 in your final shootout race and I never heard a 178, not saying it did not happen just saying I might have missed it. If you were within a mile or two per hour I would say it might be a race but 5mph is outside the margin of error.

His cars are still out there in SoCal, where do you live? Maybe we can set something up. I think we spoke to you guys, Jim/JRCART and I rode our Ruckus' over and spoke to your buddy whose car was already loaded in the rig with a problem, you guys were pitted with a black wide bodyM3 as well, correct? Please do not take my post the wrong way, I am not trying to start a war here, I just honestly do not think it would have been close but lets make it official. BTW, your car is awesome and congrats o your win.
    That was my car in my trailer. I spoke with you guys briefly.

Commanders car did trap 178 once, otherwise was 176,177 consistently.. if I had to guess he probably made a pass every 30 minutes in that car.

I'm not saying (nor is he) that his car would have won. We just simply wanted to race. The car was tuned in less than 2 hours, the day before the race. That's why my truck showed up late on Saturday at 1:30pm. It was then tuned on the strip on Saturday, picked up almost 8mph on Sunday after fuel was pulled from it on Saturday.

We wanted to race, we didn't say we'd win. We heard high 170's from the CLK at breakfast on Sunday and thought it would have been a good match. If you were running consistent 182's on Sunday then obviously you picked up speed and would have beat us. But regardless, we come to race and a 176-178mph car vs a 181-182 mph car is still probably a better matchup then most of what you were racing all weekend, which looked to be high 160 cars as you were a football field ahead of most of your competition.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good run, nice rides
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Upon further inspection in the trailer we found that the retainers had a slight ridge on it which was causing the shims to not completely contact the top of the valve stem. Talking very very minimal.. but enough to cause some valvetrain noise that I didn't like. So we're pulling it off and rebuilding the head again.

I purchased the springs/retainers/etc about a 2 weeks ago.. if you purchased yours semi recently I'd pull the retainer, drop a oem shim in, press the valve stem hard up against the retainer and check for play. If there is any.. I'd let Supertech know right away..
    Thanks for the quick reply. I believe I do have the ridge in the retainer you speak of (see arrows in pictures below). I pulled the head from my garage and looked at the valvestem relative to the ridge and it sits higher than the ridge by a mm or two. I put in a few OEM shims and they sit snugly against the valvestem but I am also using their valves as well Click here to enlarge I purchased my valvetrain components in December by the way. I did not remove the retainer just placed it in the cup and tried to rock it back and forth to get some movement with either my hands or the finger follower - but they sit snugly.

What valves are you using? Maybe the retainers are made for the ST specific valves?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for the quick reply. I believe I do have the ridge in the retainer you speak of (see arrows in pictures below). I pulled the head from my garage and looked at the valvestem relative to the ridge and it sits higher than the ridge by a mm or two. I put in a few OEM shims and they sit snugly against the valvestem but I am also using their valves as well Click here to enlarge I purchased my valvetrain components in December by the way. I did not remove the retainer just placed it in the cup and tried to rock it back and forth to get some movement with either my hands or the finger follower - but they sit snugly.

What valves are you using? Maybe the retainers are made for the ST specific valves?

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im.../A8JXa8Q-1.jpg
    Wow, you're fast!

Do you know the p/n on the valves you ordered?

When I ordered mine they had just discontinued one version of their valves and replaced them with new ones.. I actually ordered the valves, they called and said they don't sell them anymore and gave me the new p/n. I'll dig up the p/n in a bit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It must have been a big misunderstanding, we were over there kind of sniffing out a race with you guys, you kind of made it sound like yours was the big dog of the group and it was on the trailer so we didn't want to look like pricks trying to pick a fight with a slower car. It was getting a little old walking around the pits all weekend looking for a race only to get laughed at by people. We would have loved to run you guys. I hear you on the uneven match ups, not many cars in the 175-185 mph group. We only made three passes with the CLK on Sunday, we broke our power steering pump right off the mount

It was nice meeting you.
    That was my car in my trailer. I spoke with you guys briefly.

Commanders car did trap 178 once, otherwise was 176,177 consistently.. if I had to guess he probably made a pass every 30 minutes in that car.

I'm not saying (nor is he) that his car would have won. We just simply wanted to race. The car was tuned in less than 2 hours, the day before the race. That's why my truck showed up late on Saturday at 1:30pm. It was then tuned on the strip on Saturday, picked up almost 8mph on Sunday after fuel was pulled from it on Saturday.

We wanted to race, we didn't say we'd win. We heard high 170's from the CLK at breakfast on Sunday and thought it would have been a good match. If you were running consistent 182's on Sunday then obviously you picked up speed and would have beat us. But regardless, we come to race and a 176-178mph car vs a 181-182 mph car is still probably a better matchup then most of what you were racing all weekend, which looked to be high 160 cars as you were a football field ahead of most of your competition.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It must have been a big misunderstanding, we were over there kind of sniffing out a race with you guys, you kind of made it sound like yours was the big dog of the group and it was on the trailer so we didn't want to look like pricks trying to pick a fight with a slower car. It was getting a little old walking around the pits all weekend looking for a race only to get laughed at by people. We would have loved to run you guys. I hear you on the uneven match ups, not many cars in the 175-185 mph group.

It was nice meeting you.
    Oh, my apologies. Definitely a misunderstanding then. Commander was actually out there doing the same thing and said he stopped by your trailer.. I guess that's what happens when two cordial participants run into each other. Noone wants to seem like the dick picking fights.

My car and Commanders are pretty similar builds, difference only being compression, he's roughly 9:1 or so, I'm 11.5:1.. both run on E85 but different ECU's. The only advantage my car had over Commanders would be the wheel speed traction control and boost by gear. It allows me to dial the car in VERY well for the conditions, those conditions being my stubbornness about running a set of good looking wheels and tires and them not being up for the task.

My car on its safe tune made about 50rwhp or so more than Commanders, and about 30rwtq but after we pulled fuel from Commanders on Sunday I have a feeling it would have been making the same or more than mine.

It was a pleasure meeting you both, and your CLK cage and tire/wheel setup looked phenomenal.. I'm jealous.

But it did seem like there was a big gap between high 160's and 190s+.. other than your CLK was anyone else trapping 180's consistently? Hopefully a few more cars in the 180's show up as I hope to get my car knocking on that door by the next event as does Commander I'm sure.
    Last edited by ZooyorQ; 04-09-2013 at 10:26 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Oh and maybe its just me.. but I can only watch so many space grey GTR's go down the track. Always happy to see something unique like the CLK, or even that LS RX7.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There was a couple lesser tuned GTR's running low 180's , JRCART beat one of them, but besides that I did not see much in the 175-185 category. We ran turbo Mike in his Yellow tt Porsche, he went 190 and JRCART went 181, we raced the dark blue Alpha 10 GTR he went 189 and JR went 181. You and JRs CLK would have probably been the closest race out there.

Oh, my apologies. Definitely a misunderstanding then. Commander was actually out there doing the same thing and said he stopped by your trailer.. I guess that's what happens when two cordial participants run into each other. Noone wants to seem like the dick picking fights.

My car and Commanders are pretty similar builds, difference only being compression, he's roughly 9:1 or so, I'm 11.5:1.. both run on E85 but different ECU's. The only advantage my car had over Commanders would be the wheel speed traction control and boost by gear. It allows me to dial the car in VERY well for the conditions, those conditions being my stubbornness about running a set of good looking wheels and tires and them not being up for the task.

My car on its safe tune made about 50rwhp or so more than Commanders, and about 30rwtq but after we pulled fuel from Commanders on Sunday I have a feeling it would have been making the same or more than mine.

It was a pleasure meeting you both, and your CLK cage and tire/wheel setup looked phenomenal.. I'm jealous.

But it did seem like there was a big gap between high 160's and 190s+.. other than your CLK was anyone else trapping 180's consistently? Hopefully a few more cars in the 180's show up as I hope to get my car knocking on that door by the next event as does Kenton I'm sure.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Oh and maybe its just me.. but I can only watch so many space grey GTR's go down the track. Always happy to see something unique like the CLK, or even that LS RX7.
    I literally had a nightmare about a GTR the other night, I resprct them but got so sick of seeing thrm, there had to be 20 of them at that event, they got old fast.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow, you're fast!

Do you know the p/n on the valves you ordered?

When I ordered mine they had just discontinued one version of their valves and replaced them with new ones.. I actually ordered the valves, they called and said they don't sell them anymore and gave me the new p/n. I'll dig up the p/n in a bit.
    BMEVI-1040S
    BMIVN-1040S

I attached the drop-ordered invoice from Supertech as well. I lied apparently. I ordered it in November. I haven't installed the head yet - but if there are issues with any of the components I would rather deal with it now while my car is running fine on the stock head.

If you can share the P/N's that would be great. Thank you Marcus.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I literally had a nightmare about a GTR the other night, I resprct them but got so sick of seeing thrm, there had to be 20 of them at that event, they got old fast.
    When 20% of the participants are oem looking gtr's it gets a bit tiring, last event they had a Ben Sopra Kit'd GTR out there, that was pretty cool. Oh well, they're fast and they want to race each other, nothing wrong with that. Maybe I'll bring a awd car next time with more displacement!

BMEVI-1040S
    BMIVN-1040S

I attached the drop-ordered invoice from Supertech as well. I lied apparently. I ordered it in November. I haven't installed the head yet - but if there are issues with any of the components I would rather deal with it now while my car is running fine on the stock head.

If you can share the P/N's that would be great. Thank you Marcus.

http://www.vwboost.com/images/import.../LEwJ0Ye-1.jpg
    I just reviewed, our p/n's are identical. I'll let you know what I find when the new stuff arrives. Should know in a day or two.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Hey that shipped on my birthday ! Click here to enlarge ...

I have nothing else to add.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They actually raced three times, they raced twice on Saturday, JRCARTS belt slipped and glazed and he shut down at the end of the run. Owner of the M3 agreed to a rematch after belt was changed over. They re-ran on Satuday(video run) and you see what JRCART did to him. Owner of M3 approached JRCART on Sunday and asked for a rematch, JRCART being a fair sport gave him a rematch and the M3 beat JRCART by a couple car lengths. I assume owner of M3 turned up boost for Sunday's run because JRCART said he had a clean run and his BS ran fine and said it was a clean run.

This HPF car was the second fastest BMW at the event, it placed 2nd in the BMW shootout. A red E46 HPF turbo won the BMW shootout agaisnt this white HPF car. White car in this video was completed gutted, just one lightweight race seat and a cage, owner claimed it weghed in just shy of 3200 pounds.
    Great synopsis thank you. I was wonder why the hell an HPF Stage 3 car was losing. Where is the video where it pulls?

And this BMW was the second fastest in that BMW tuner shootout? Really? So a BMW making 7XX whp was second fastest? What was the setup on the white on?
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by THATDONFC Click here to enlarge
    The car is actually a stage 2.5
    This makes more sense but is even sadder that this was the second fastest BMW. Ugh I want to hit someone.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Who told you no bimmer's would line up with the CLK? The Red E46 m3 was consistently trapping 176-178 with a 100% full oem interior and a trunk full of luggage and car cleaning supplys with 2 passengers every pass on 18" Toyo R888's. It would have been a great match for the CLK. Red car's a manual, CLK's an auto.. so likely more consistent.. but regardless a good match would have been had. I believe the CLK had crazy drag radials and skinny's on it!
    Jrcart's mouth has people thinking the CLK is faster than it is. I'm sure a Stage III or Stage IV HPF M3 could be found to run it on race gas and high boost which would be interesting to see: http://www.germanboost.com/content.p...MG-BS-go-at-it

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast