Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 89
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,918
    Rep Points
    31,844.3
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin Click here to enlarge
    O Rly? I guess there is always next time we can find out but to say "it would not have been much of a race"...needs no comment lol. It would have been good fun to find out though.
    You're talking to one of Jrcart's boys so don't be surprised with the comments. CLK looks like it's running close to a Stage III HPF car. It would be an interesting race to see an HPF Stage IV run.

    The account comes out when the other one doesn't work Click here to enlarge

    Same person posts from both:

    Click here to enlarge

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,918
    Rep Points
    31,844.3
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin Click here to enlarge
    I took the luggage out but yes we had two passengers and full interior Click here to enlarge I would've loved to line up with the CLK but the only time I saw it was driving back up the pit lane...I don't recall it running in the 80+ degree heat but I could be wrong. I talked with the owner and he seemed pretty chill and laid back much like myself...if it didn't happen it didn't happen but there is no doubt in my mind...it would've been a very close race.
    Wait so you won? Well congrats, wish I could have been there.

    What is your setup currently?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    Posts
    2,707
    Rep Points
    2,103.5
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You're talking to one of Jrcart's boys so don't be surprised with the comments. CLK looks like it's running close to a Stage III HPF car. It would be an interesting race to see an HPF Stage IV run.

    The account comes out when the other one doesn't work Click here to enlarge

    Same person posts from both:

    http://ultraimg.com/images/y0AVG.png
    Yeah But im not really interested in seeing it go up with an HPF car as much as I am in seeing it to go up with your Monster M3. I have always told you how I like GINTANI's work but their CS doesnt really do it for me. Plus they dont really care about overseas customers much.
    Click here to enlarge



    EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,918
    Rep Points
    31,844.3
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    Yeah But im not really interested in seeing it go up with an HPF car as much as I am in seeing it to go up with your Monster M3. I have always told you how I like GINTANI's work but their CS doesnt really do it for me. Plus they dont really care about overseas customers much.
    I wasn't there, I'm not going to talk, but nice to see all these comparisons so I know exactly what it looks like. Let's just say how I feel remains how I feel except strengthened now. It's nothing for HPF Stage III cars to even worry about so all this talk about M3's not matching up is just that... talk. Especially when they are currently making more power and faster...

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,918
    Rep Points
    31,844.3
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin Click here to enlarge
    The dyno pic is with my old set of fronts...here is my new setup and my car is extremely dirty in this picture...Attachment 29360
    This car looks good.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    Posts
    2,707
    Rep Points
    2,103.5
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I wasn't there, I'm not going to talk, but nice to see all these comparisons so I know exactly what it looks like. Let's just say how I feel remains how I feel except strengthened now. It's nothing for HPF Stage III cars to even worry about so all this talk about M3's not matching up is just that... talk. Especially when they are currently making more power and faster...
    AGREED Click here to enlarge Cant wait to see your car bro.
    Click here to enlarge



    EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,918
    Rep Points
    31,844.3
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ZooyorQ Click here to enlarge
    Oh, my apologies. Definitely a misunderstanding then. Commander was actually out there doing the same thing and said he stopped by your trailer.. I guess that's what happens when two cordial participants run into each other. Noone wants to seem like the dick picking fights.

    My car and Commanders are pretty similar builds, difference only being compression, he's roughly 9:1 or so, I'm 11.5:1.. both run on E85 but different ECU's. The only advantage my car had over Commanders would be the wheel speed traction control and boost by gear. It allows me to dial the car in VERY well for the conditions, those conditions being my stubbornness about running a set of good looking wheels and tires and them not being up for the task.

    My car on its safe tune made about 50rwhp or so more than Commanders, and about 30rwtq but after we pulled fuel from Commanders on Sunday I have a feeling it would have been making the same or more than mine.

    It was a pleasure meeting you both, and your CLK cage and tire/wheel setup looked phenomenal.. I'm jealous.


    But it did seem like there was a big gap between high 160's and 190s+.. other than your CLK was anyone else trapping 180's consistently? Hopefully a few more cars in the 180's show up as I hope to get my car knocking on that door by the next event as does Commander I'm sure.
    So you are on ProEFI and he is AEM I guess? But both E85?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,918
    Rep Points
    31,844.3
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    AGREED Click here to enlarge Cant wait to see your car bro.
    It's doing nice things on 91 pump already, but let's make this about the turbo M3's versus the C63.

    Want to front page this but would be one-sided to post a video showing the M3 losing when it also won. Need both videos.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    644
    Rep Points
    608.0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Great synopsis thank you. I was wonder why the hell an HPF Stage 3 car was losing. Where is the video where it pulls?

    And this BMW was the second fastest in that BMW tuner shootout? Really? So a BMW making 7XX whp was second fastest? What was the setup on the white on?
    I'm beginning to wonder if this is your first big build. There's a lot more to it then just making power. Especially if you're rwd.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    644
    Rep Points
    608.0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    So you are on ProEFI and he is AEM I guess? But both E85?
    Correct, both E85, mines on ProEFI his on AEM V1. Are cars are literally identical with the exception of ECU and Compression. Believe it or not Kenton's car had more power under the curve, likely because of his ability to control both his intake and exhaust cams.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    McHenry, IL
    Posts
    5,257
    Rep Points
    26.0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ZooyorQ Click here to enlarge
    The car was tuned Friday evening before the event.. on a brand new balanced to a 1/2 a gram 11.5:1 motor.. brand new valvetrain, everything dialed to a tee.. put down about 830+whp and 625rwtq.. on a safe rich tune on e80 from the pump then made one pass on Saturday and a shim stuck in the retainer.. put it back in the rig and threw a cover on it. Click here to enlarge Thankfully nothing serious, already spoke with supertech, we believe it was a machining error in the retainer, new retainers on the way.. we'll put it back on the airstrip in novemeber.. but last year I was cutting similar times to Commanders Red E46, on 265/30/19's.. I think I would have had even more traction problems this time around. Commanders tire setup was perfect, nothing meaty and obnoxious and completely oem looking, lol. I'm going to rip off his tire setup next year!
    830 very nice!
    PTF PROTuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |

    Click here to enlarge


  12. #62
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    22
    Rep Points
    52.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ZooyorQ Click here to enlarge
    Correct, both E85, mines on ProEFI his on AEM V1. Are cars are literally identical with the exception of ECU and Compression. Believe it or not Kenton's car had more power under the curve, likely because of his ability to control both his intake and exhaust cams.
    Can i ask by how much? And what would the difference be in the midrange if the compression was the only difference?

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    644
    Rep Points
    608.0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Petrolhead Click here to enlarge
    Can i ask by how much? And what would the difference be in the midrange if the compression was the only difference?
    I'll let you know once both cars are fully tuned. They were both on safe/conservative timing tunes for the event. The tuners going to turn them up this week and hopefully we'll get some final numbers.

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    294
    Rep Points
    -1,963.5
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ZooyorQ Click here to enlarge
    I'll let you know once both cars are fully tuned. They were both on safe/conservative timing tunes for the event. The tuners going to turn them up this week and hopefully we'll get some final numbers.
    OOohh....I didn't know this...excited! ... This week or in a few weeks because I was expecting the later.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    644
    Rep Points
    608.0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin Click here to enlarge
    OOohh....I didn't know this...excited! ... This week or in a few weeks because I was expecting the later.
    Sorry, meant next week. He's on vacation this week iirc. Click here to enlarge

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,918
    Rep Points
    31,844.3
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ZooyorQ Click here to enlarge
    I'm beginning to wonder if this is your first big build. There's a lot more to it then just making power. Especially if you're rwd.
    No and for you I guess so because of your power delivery.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,918
    Rep Points
    31,844.3
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ZooyorQ Click here to enlarge
    Correct, both E85, mines on ProEFI his on AEM V1. Are cars are literally identical with the exception of ECU and Compression. Believe it or not Kenton's car had more power under the curve, likely because of his ability to control both his intake and exhaust cams.
    ProEFI can't control the cams?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    644
    Rep Points
    608.0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    No and for you I guess so because of your power delivery.
    My tires and power delivery, but I've dialed the boost by gear and traction control in to make the best of my situation, which is still pretty impressive (5.6 , 60-130 on 265/30/19's). Yes a extremely linear power curve will make it much easier, but Mike's 2.5 is a very fast car.. and its on 17" Drag Radials IIRC.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    ProEFI can't control the cams?
    It supposedly can now, but on my car it isn't. The exhaust cam locks at a particular rpm, and the intake cam is controlled by the DME. I do not find this to be as effective as the AEM V1 (hpf ecu)'s ability to fully control the cam's. I believe the v3 software that was just released from ProEFI CAN control the cam's, but I'm still on V2.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,918
    Rep Points
    31,844.3
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ZooyorQ Click here to enlarge
    It supposedly can now, but on my car it isn't. The exhaust cam locks at a particular rpm, and the intake cam is controlled by the DME. I do not find this to be as effective as the AEM V1 (hpf ecu)'s ability to fully control the cam's. I believe the v3 software that was just released from ProEFI CAN control the cam's, but I'm still on V2.
    Pluses and minuses.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,918
    Rep Points
    31,844.3
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Where is the other vid?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    708
    Rep Points
    566.8
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Wow. I love my E46 M3 so much more now. You big boys give me hope to one day be this fast. I probably never will be but, I can dream right? Any idea on what you guys would trap in the 1/4? I'm guessing 140-145's? Possibly 150's?
    Honda CBR 1000RR, Superbike Supply, Arrow, HRC, BMC, Lee's Cycle, Galfer, EBC, Revzilla, AXO, Dainese, Scorpion Helmets

    Honda Grom, most fun you'll ever have on 2 wheels.

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    102
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Where is the other vid?
    Here ya go.


  23. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,918
    Rep Points
    31,844.3
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SleepersOwn Click here to enlarge
    Man, no in car vid Click here to enlarge

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    102
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Sorry...

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    644
    Rep Points
    608.0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by StinkyM Click here to enlarge
    Wow. I love my E46 M3 so much more now. You big boys give me hope to one day be this fast. I probably never will be but, I can dream right? Any idea on what you guys would trap in the 1/4? I'm guessing 140-145's? Possibly 150's?
    My car is very similar to Commanders (Imola Red one). I trap 142.9 in the 1/4.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •