Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cool Ordered 2013 e92 M3 now what....

Hey guys, I couldn't wait for the new M3 and love the v8, so I've ordered a 2013 M3.

Being in OZ, it was a good price but still probably double what you guys pay in the US, although it is pretty loaded.

Anyhoo I'm pretty chuffed. Click here to enlarge

Went for LM Blue along with DCT and EDC as this will be my daily to replace the 1M I had previously (see my thread under 1M).

My plans are to keep it for around 12-18 months then supercharge it.

Question is are there any other recommend mods to start out on the e92 m3, ones that I just need to go and get right now Click here to enlarge

I was thinking the V2 performance wheel is a good start and for exhaust I can't decide on an BMW Performance or Akrapovic. If I went with either of these are they suitable for when I add the supercharger, I'm assuming they will be.

Any other suggestions/recommendations would be appreciated.

Will post pictures when she arrives, which I'm hoping will be around late May.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

First of all, congrats.

Yes, you need a tune and exhaust. NEED. Transforms the car and makes it so much damn fun. You will enjoy it until the 12-18 months pass and you want more power.

Trust me, exhaust and tune. Do it. DO IT NOW.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks - I'm guessing one of the above exhausts are OK, what tune would you recommend, plug in type such or something custom mapped?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mtarone Click here to enlarge
    Thanks - I'm guessing one of the above exhausts are OK, what tune would you recommend, plug in type such or something custom mapped?
    Custom if possible I don't know if you have a dyno but you can get remote dyno tunes done now so custom without them even being there.

Any exhaust you see in a banner add is fine just up to you. The main thing is to delete the first set of cats to really get the torque going, you will feel it. You then will need a tune to delete the CEL.

So you want more than just a rear section.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Any exhaust you see in a banner add is fine just up to you. The main thing is to delete the first set of cats to really get the torque going, you will feel it. You then will need a tune to delete the CEL.
    Does deleting the cats make them very loud? this is still a daily so I don't want it too loud or droning too much, trying to find some middle ground here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mtarone Click here to enlarge
    Does deleting the cats make them very loud? this is still a daily so I don't want it too loud or droning too much, trying to find some middle ground here.
    Companies now have valved exhausts so you can have the best of all worlds. Loud when you want it yet quiet like stock when you don't.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Bolt-On Mods for the E9x M3 / S65:
    • Tune -- Evolve-R Tune
    • Exhaust -- Majority of the bolt-on power is going to come from swapping in a catless/resonated X-Pipes, Gintani, Active Autowerke, SuperSprint or Evolve. With the X-Pipe, as long as it's resonated it'll keep it fairly docile. From there, pair it with a rear-section that you like (Valved setups from Gintani or Evolve, or Akra).
    • Intake -- Buy a drop-in filter (K&N or aFe)
    • Don't Bother with a Pulley, marginal gains & you'll have to put the OEM one back on when you get a supercharger

Regarding exhaust, IMO a crazy rear section (like the Meisterschaft Super GT or a Muffler Delete) is going to be MUCH louder than swapping in a resonated, catless X-Pipe
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

The pulley doesn't give much power and install is a bit of pain but it's another bolt on if you feel you need it. RPI scoops pair well also and are super cheap.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the advice guys, will get the tune and exhaust organised as soon as I get it and will look at the RPI's Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Now that summer is on it's way, I've just started to mod my E92 AW M3.

I have the following en route: Gintani Sport Rear, BMS 4LEDs, and BMC Filter.

I also have some fat Hankook V12s (275/295's) to put on my ZCP rims once sh*tty Canada weather gets better (rims to be plasti-dipped black!). Matte black grille already on, which makes a massive difference for the good, I hate chrome! Also had front bumper resprayed (to remove front licence holes and rock chips).

To follow a few power mods: X-Pipe (likely Gintani) + Tune (probably Evolve). Some cool vinyl graphics going on next week to help promote my business.

Congrats + Good luck with the modding journey .. ! I think mine will be quite cost effective, I'm staying on the more 'budget' side for now (not exactly budget compared to my old car .. lol).
    ~

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigup Click here to enlarge
    To follow a few power mods: X-Pipe (likely Gintani) + Tune (probably Evolve).
    These are the two most important mods IMO.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Agreed. Oddly for me, I'm getting the cosmetics out of the way first. But it should all be on the car by summer.
    ~

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Agreed. Oddly for me, I'm getting the cosmetics out of the way first. But it should all be on the car by summer.
    When I ordered the M3 there was a factory option to black out the grill, bonnet vents and almost all other chrome (actually it might be all chrome), and to black out the wheels. So I kinda think the cosmetics are done already, just add exhaust and tune Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

i would say the V12's need to go. was not a fan of them on the M.. too high revving and you wont have traction

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    i would say the V12's need to go. was not a fan of them on the M.. too high revving and you wont have traction
    I'll report back once they are on the car; hoping to install next week now we seem to be coming to the end of the snow/ice season.

If the V12s are no good, I'll replace them next season; they are only going to be daily-driving tires. Also have the PS2's sitting in my garage, but they are too narrow for my tastes @ 265 (too much stretch on ZCPs - visually).
    ~

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

I'll report back once they are on the car; hoping to install next week now we seem to be coming to the end of the snow/ice season.

If the V12s are no good, I'll replace them next season; they are only going to be daily-driving tires. Also have the PS2's sitting in my garage, but they are too narrow for my tastes @ 265 (too much stretch on ZCPs - visually).
    ehh.. 265 is oem though..and ps2 are wider than other tires.. its your call, and the v12s are not bad for all around, just straightline traction, coupled with a motor that needs rpm, its more of less than perfect setup, than a bad one, if that makes sense?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ehh.. 265 is oem though..and ps2 are wider than other tires.. its your call, and the v12s are not bad for all around, just straightline traction, coupled with a motor that needs rpm, its more of less than perfect setup, than a bad one, if that makes sense?
    Yup; makes sense. I'm sure after driving winter Blizzaks, the V12's will serve my needs well Click here to enlarge Nice thing about a wear & tear item is that I can just make it 'wear & tear' a little faster if I don't like it.
    ~

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am not certain if we get different standard tyre on the M3's here in Aus, I'll have to pop in to the dealer and see what the wheels are wrapped in normally.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I'm biased Click here to enlarge But for me there's only 2 mods, exhaust and tune.

I've not heard anything like the Evolve valved system on 'open'. Its an event. Kids point and old people wave fingers, its great.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I put my Gintani Sport on yesterday .. blown away by it. It takes a lot to impress me, but yes, I'm impressed. Never had so many people turn and look before, I was worried that it wouldn't be loud enough, but so long as it doesn't lose any major volume during break-in, I am very happy.

Had the fat V12s put on too ... look great, fit well and ride well. Not done any major testing with them, but let's break them in a bit first ..

Pics & threads once I get a chance .. Click here to enlarge
    ~

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

I put my Gintani Sport on yesterday .. blown away by it. It takes a lot to impress me, but yes, I'm impressed. Never had so many people turn and look before, I was worried that it wouldn't be loud enough, but so long as it doesn't lose any major volume during break-in, I am very happy.

Had the fat V12s put on too ... look great, fit well and ride well. Not done any major testing with them, but let's break them in a bit first ..

Pics & threads once I get a chance .. Click here to enlarge
    Waiting for pics and threads.

Yes, great exhaust. Should have gone with a race valved system and see what loud really is Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I nearly got the non-valved race system but Alex talked me out of it. I didn't really want to do the $1000 extra for the valved system since that buys a tune.

I will get to hear the race soon enough though; j2m here in Calgary has one!
    ~

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

I didn't really want to do the $1000 extra for the valved system since that buys a tune.
    Makes sense.

I'm pretty much going to have to go valved since my car is so absurdly loud.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Selling my Gintani sport exhaust. It's less than 1 month old. Will to let go for a fairly cheap price if interested.

Congrats on the car!!!!
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    Selling my Gintani sport exhaust. It's less than 1 month old. Will to let go for a fairly cheap price if interested.
    Why not just put it on your new car?

List it up in the for sale section.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast