Close

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    OP: stop complaining about your ic already. it isn't getting you anywhere.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    OP: stop complaining about your ic already. it isn't getting you anywhere.
    Thanks for the input

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by trickcruiser Click here to enlarge
    Same thing with my AA Sport FMIC... It has always bothered me a little bit but I have never had anyone even mention it.
    After reading this, I think that I will cut off my brackets and re-weld them when I get some down time.
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...DSC_0175-1.jpg
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...DSC_0164-1.jpg
    Thanks for the pictures. If you don't mind could you measure the gap from top of IC to bottom of rad?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wescuddles Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for the input
    Anytime.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by redlineryder Click here to enlarge
    The gap is hardly noticable and doesn't have a negative effect on performance.
    Thanks for your opinion but the gap is noticeable to me as its different than stock.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for the pictures. If you don't mind could you measure the gap from top of IC to bottom of rad?
    It is roughly 1.5" from the btm of the intercooler to the bottom of the radiator.
    Click here to enlarge
    JB4/MHD | Alpina | Level10 VB | RB EVOs | RPI Quad Exhaust | AR DP's
    100% E85 | Port Injection | Fuel-It Stg 3 | DIY FMIC | ER CP W/Synapse BOV
    Best ET: 10.9 | Best MPH 133.4
    Fuel by Fuel-it! - http://www.fuel-it.biz/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by trickcruiser Click here to enlarge
    It is roughly 1.5" from the btm of the intercooler to the bottom of the radiator.
    Yikes... I'm not sure if AA said if it fits at stock height or not. If it does you have some grounds to get a replacement I think. That is if it really bugs you.

Edit: "Install the Active Autowerke BMW 135i 335i intercooler sport version for nearly factory-like fitment" from their website. At least they put factory-like fitment in their description.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    It's not my car so my opinion really doesn't count, however, the IC does appear to fit and bolt in as promised. There is a small gap at the top but after reading what some others have said this gap is fairly common on the 1s with a lot of different brand ICs. If it bothers you that much then take the IC off and sell it and then take Tiago's offer and get some cash to cover the difference and buy a Helix.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yikes... I'm not sure if AA said if it fits at stock height or not. If it does you have some grounds to get a replacement I think. That is if it really bugs you.

Edit: "Install the Active Autowerke BMW 135i 335i intercooler sport version for nearly factory-like fitment" from their website. At least they put factory-like fitment in their description.
    "Nearly" gives them some wiggle room or is it gap insurance? Click here to enlarge
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Leaving review on vendor websites that are not 5 start positive will never stay up. It's just another marketing tool to prey on the weak-minded who see 5-stars and go, "oh wow people love." Never questioning the source where it originates. If it didn't work they wouldn't use it.

Regardless, I see no photos there of the fitment. I see no comments on the fitment. It's a value intercooler and it is what it is.

Lovely website design I must say.
    http://themeforest.net/item/ultimo-f...-theme/3231798

Magento is cool...
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ammonia Click here to enlarge
    I've yet to meet another person who couldn't get their VSRF DPs to fit easily. But I only know ~4 ppl so maybe I don't have a large enough sample size. Care to show us the large group of people who have fitment issues?

I could really care less about being a "coolguy", but making blanket statements like "No his downpipes do not fit like a glove, raceland downpipes are easier to fit" as if you made some huge statement is rather hilarious to me haha.
    There are multiple and I mean MULTIPLE people on the forums who will attest to the fitment and beyond that our crew up here is pretty large and we all live within 30 mins of eachother since Toronto is densely packed with everyone nearby, a lot of the guys from our group had issues and then shot me a text message asking for input/help. Having given a hand on the installs I firsthand got to see that there were some minor tweaks that could be made to the pipes. The racelands were a quicker, easier fit in comparison, they actually fit surprisingly well with plenty of room for clocking due to the smaller diameter.

Something that fits like a glove is something that fits bang on everytime ex: AR downpipes which can be installed quicker than a through car wash. Also have to give a shoutout to Terry here, he had downpipes which fit "pretty good", but he still put down the money to send them back, have them tweaked, another sample expressed from overseas and then refitted and modified in order to get the fitment bang on before releasing to the public.

I've dealt with these factories in quantities of hundreds of thousands not just hundreds and the upfront costs of developing a perfect product often causes people to settle for "almost perfect", but it shows in the end.
    jb4+fbo+meth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I live in nanaimo it's a city on Vancouver island just off the inlet from Vancouver. I'm not sure if you're aware of where it is I find I have to explain it because most people haven't heard of it haha. We're known for being one of the rainiest places in North America. Our winter is 5 months straight of rain really blows
    Yeah I'd be lost had you not explained LOL. Looks like you're a "bit" too far otherwise I would offer to come by and help you sort it out.
    jb4+fbo+meth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    It's not my car so my opinion really doesn't count, however, the IC does appear to fit and bolt in as promised. There is a small gap at the top but after reading what some others have said this gap is fairly common on the 1s with a lot of different brand ICs. If it bothers you that much then take the IC off and sell it and then take Tiago's offer and get some cash to cover the difference and buy a Helix.
    Would it be possible to just put a good mesh over it? Hide it from view a bit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dr. G Click here to enlarge
    There are multiple and I mean MULTIPLE people on the forums who will attest to the fitment and beyond that our crew up here is pretty large and we all live within 30 mins of eachother since Toronto is densely packed with everyone nearby, a lot of the guys from our group had issues and then shot me a text message asking for input/help. Having given a hand on the installs I firsthand got to see that there were some minor tweaks that could be made to the pipes. The racelands were a quicker, easier fit in comparison, they actually fit surprisingly well with plenty of room for clocking due to the smaller diameter.

Something that fits like a glove is something that fits bang on everytime ex: AR downpipes which can be installed quicker than a through car wash. Also have to give a shoutout to Terry here, he had downpipes which fit "pretty good", but he still put down the money to send them back, have them tweaked, another sample expressed from overseas and then refitted and modified in order to get the fitment bang on before releasing to the public.

I've dealt with these factories in quantities of hundreds of thousands not just hundreds and the upfront costs of developing a perfect product often causes people to settle for "almost perfect", but it shows in the end.
    Fair enough. Again, maybe my experience was skewed, as I've never installed any other type of DP. Me and a local friend of mine took about 4 hours to install them, but we chalked it up to our own inexperience.

The gains and quality were spot on, even not factoring in price. I'll probably still buy a VSRF FMIC, even though this thread has been eye-opening for me, as I'll take a 1-2" gap to save a few hundred dollars for a product that will probably perform just as well as some of the more expensive options. To each his own.

OP, good luck with your issues. I see both sides of the argument.
    Click here to enlarge
    471whp on E85

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Racelands and VRSFs have a ton of variance. Cheap labor & poor QC. So you might get lucky with one and not the other Click here to enlarge
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Check out pictures of all the major sellers, the welds will tell you a lot about quality control. What a casual look cannot tell you is the quality of the core itself which is really what the FMIC is all about. A few of the fan sites have listed customer based comparison which are interesting but at the end of the day specific brands always seem to come out at the top.

Expect its not a coincidence that those brands also have the "cleanest" looking assemblies.
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Has anyone bothered to look at a stock 135 intercooler fitment? I just went out and looked at mine, and even the OEM part has a noticeable gap. I also cross-referenced the e90 part against the e82 part and it's the same per realoem.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by str8shot Click here to enlarge
    Has anyone bothered to look at a stock 135 intercooler fitment? I just went out and looked at mine, and even the OEM part has a noticeable gap. I also cross-referenced the e90 part against the e82 part and it's the same per realoem.

Click here to enlarge
    I think BMW should buy you a new car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajsalida Click here to enlarge

Seems reasonable.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajsalida Click here to enlarge
    Or at least have BMWNA give him 1/2 of the value of his car in cash.

He should ask BMW if they will do a recall for aesthetics.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    Or at least have BMWNA give him 1/2 of the value of his car in cash.

He should ask BMW if they will do a recall for aesthetics.
    LOL. Funny guy. But like I said the gap is more than stock. I'm working until probably midnight tonight so sometime tomorrow when I get up ill grab the tape and measure the gap on the VRSF.

Again, it's not a huge deal, but if it doesn't fit like stock then I need to modify it. VRSF needs to advertise like AA does and not claim identical fitment if it isn't identical. I'm not losing sleep over it but aesthetically it definitely bothers me. Most seem fine with it which is fine, I'm just super picky with my cars Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Measured the gap today it's 1/2". Not identical to stock not sure if its a defect or what but ill be getting it into a shop to shave the tabs a bit to bring it up to stock height. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Measured the gap today it's 1/2". Not identical to stock not sure if its a defect or what but ill be getting it into a shop to shave the tabs a bit to bring it up to stock height. Click here to enlarge
    Seems that's your best bet to be happy with it.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Installed a VRSF intercooler on my '07 335i today. The OEM intercooler had about a 1/4" gap. The VRSF has about the same, maybe a little less.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I can't believe this made 6 pages
    FBO / HFS-4 / Cobb PTF tune

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast