Close

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wescuddles Click here to enlarge
    Attachment 29338
    Heres a picture - there's a noticeable gap when you're at ground level looking at the intercooler.

ps. Yes I know my bumper is scratched and has holes in it. Gotta love how dealers screw license plates directly into the bumper Click here to enlarge
    Is that a thigh tat?
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    We onto something here?

More pics of this IC on 135's please.
    Here's the only other pic I could find - this isn't my car
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    Is that a thigh tat?
    Ya dude. It's the girlfriends Russian doll tat, it's pretty awesome.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How about rewelding the tabs in a position where this wont be an issue? In any case I'm glad you brought this up. I don't like how all the reviews on VRSF stuff is all biased because the customers get like 20$ off for a good review. Propaganda lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    How about rewelding the tabs in a position where this wont be an issue? In any case I'm glad you brought this up. I don't like how all the reviews on VRSF stuff is all biased because the customers get like 20$ off for a good review. Propaganda lol
    I may just have to do that. There are also clips on the back that fit into the fan support to align it properly which will need to be modified. Tiago said that he will reimburse me for my efforts which I think is excellent customer service, but the root issue is this intercooler is made for perfect fitment on the 335 but advertised to fit the 135 which obviously it doesn't. I may just ask for half reimbursement on the intercooler and modify it when I can as work is so busy it'll probably be months before I can find the time to do it.

I agree that the reviews seem biased. I can't be the only VRSF intercooler owner to notice the poor fitment. Don't get me wrong tiago is awesome and the product performs as advertised but it clearly doesn't fit as advertised.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ya dude. It's the girlfriends Russian doll tat, it's pretty awesome.
    Nice. I'm looking to get a back/shoulder/chest tat ;P
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Do you have the newest design, with the updated end tanks? 5in or 7in? I just installed mine (5in) and was looking at it and its the same, even though I have a 335. This makes me think this is some kind of defect with this batch. I am going to get under the car again in a few days and see if there is something I can do.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Aced16 Click here to enlarge
    Do you have the newest design, with the updated end tanks? 5in or 7in? I just installed mine (5in) and was looking at it and its the same, even though I have a 335. This makes me think this is some kind of defect with this batch. I am going to get under the car again in a few days and see if there is something I can do.
    Last design not newest and 7". Well I'm glad I'm not the only one with issues, not glad for you though hopefully it's just an install error. I did 20-30 double checks on mine and its max tight to the car.

if you didn't pull your bumper originally I would do so now it makes double checking much easier.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Well, here's where we're at so far. Intercooler has an obvious gap but that was to be expected as somehow I'm supposed to know it fits snug on a 335 but not a 135 Click here to enlarge

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 3:47 PM, Wes <xxxxxxx@hotmail.ca> wrote:

Hi Tiago.

As you've seen in my thread on 1addicts I had issues with the intercooler fitting like stated in your description and pictures provided on your website. The vehicle shown was an orange (or close to) 335 where the intercooler clearly fit tight to the radiator. It was stated many times that there was no modification necessary other than trimming.

Here's my issue; with a busy work schedule I can't just get it into a shop or on a hoist tomorrow to modify the tabs so it fits as advertised. I can't commit to getting this done at any point in the next 2-3 months to have a bill I can send you for reimbursement. Why don't you just refund me 50% of the paid price on the intercooler and when I get a chance to give my car up for a day ill get it into a shop to remove, modify and re-install the intercooler. It will likely be 3-4 hours shop time.

Thanks,

On 2013-04-09, at 5:46 PM, VR Speed Factory <sales@vr-speed.com> wrote:

The pictures provided on the website are of a 335i and the description doesn't exactly state that this fits right up against the radiator on a 135i. The suggest shaving of the tabs was a suggestion if you weren't satisfied with how the intercooler looks. We have dozens of these sold on 135's and this is the first time I've had a customer unhappy with the product based on a short gap.

Shoot me a clear and detailed picture of the problematic area and I'll see what I can do but keep in mind the 50% off is a bit unreasonable and definitely is out of our range of potential solutions.

Tiago Vieira

aim: vrsf tiago
    e: sales@vr-speed.com
    url: http://www.vr-speed.com

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 6:22 PM, Wes <xxxxxxx@hotmail.ca> wrote:

Like said on another forum, maybe I'm picky and maybe I'm the only person with a VRSF intercooler on a 135i that has removed the grill and had a better look at the fitment, but to say it fits up to the radiator and is "tight" is far from accurate.
    Many have stated the fitment on the 335 is right up to the radiator. Why doesn't it fit like that on the 135 as shown in the pictures on your website when I purchase the intercooler? Which would be identical to stock intercooler height.
    If your going to play words then this is pointless. The picture on the thread clearly shows the problematic area and states my exact problem - a 1/4-1/2" gap between the intercooler and radiator. This gap was not shown in your sale picture of install and if it was to be expected on a 135i then you should have put a picture up showing so. How am I as a customer (who spent $2000 in one order at your site I might add) supposed to know there will be a gap when the picture doesn't show a gap on your sales pictures?!
    50% refund is less than what it is going to cost me to modify your unit to fit like it should (according to your pictures on your website). $78/hr @3-4 hours shop time. $200 refund for a blatant disregard to show exact fitment pictures on your product isn't asking a lot...

Thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    This is your first mistake.

No offense is meant, though. I just hate storing information redundantly. That is why I like to link, but for the good of the community, I'll make it a point to make sure the information in my posts is actually on the site, and not links to the other forum.
    Well I appreciate that.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The pictures provided on the website are of a 335i and the description doesn't exactly state that this fits right up against the radiator on a 135i. The suggest shaving of the tabs was a suggestion if you weren't satisfied with how the intercooler looks. We have dozens of these sold on 135's and this is the first time I've had a customer unhappy with the product based on a short gap.
    I'm just saying they should probably point this out more emphatically on their site...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm just saying they should probably point this out more emphatically on their site...
    My point exactly. How as a customer are you to know otherwise? Hopefully this thread will bring attention to the fitment on e8x for a couple potential customers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My point exactly. How as a customer are you to know otherwise? Hopefully this thread will bring attention to the fitment on e8x for a couple potential customers.
    It would discourage sales hence why it isn't there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @rader1 -- I'm ~98% sure you have a 135, what brand FMIC are you using & how does it line up? Think you could provide a pic for comparisons sake?
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

If the gap bothers you for aesthetic purposes only, and you have no issue with the mechanical connections or thermal efficiency, I would consider getting some black weatherstripping and placing it in the gap. If you choose the appropriate size, the gap will be filled by the dark/black weather stripping, which has pretty good adhearing capability provided the surface is clean, and it solves your problem easily.

If you are bothered by the FMIC gap for other reasons then this suggestion is of course, junk. I personally could not possibly care less about a minor gap like that, and don't really understand anyone else caring at all, but I'm very sure there are things you couldn't care less about that I'd get my thong in a knot over. Just a suggestion in the 'path of least resistance' direction.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SCGT Click here to enlarge
    I personally could not possibly care less about a minor gap like that, and don't really understand anyone else caring at all
    To me, it's noticeable. And on my car, I like everything perfect or what am I paying for?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    To me, it's noticeable. And on my car, I like everything perfect or what am I paying for?

I notice it too. I just don't associate the gap with imperfection for one reason or another. Maybe too many years working on submarines. I have plenty of things that I'm super anal about, I'm not throwing stones here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I notice it too. I just don't associate the gap with imperfection for one reason or another. Maybe too many years working on submarines. I have plenty of things that I'm super anal about, I'm not throwing stones here.
    It's not a huge deal but I mean this whole situation would be avoided if they showed the intercooler on the site on 135's and mentioned fitment differences. I think we can all figure out why they don't.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Giving the dude the benefit of the doubt, for sure after this you can figure out intentions based on if he updates his site or not. I probably would have taken pics of different cars when doing fitment tests just for a CYA.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Giving the dude the benefit of the doubt, for sure after this you can figure out intentions based on if he updates his site or not. I probably would have taken pics of different cars when doing fitment tests just for a CYA.
    I would think at this point the responsible thing would be that he has to.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If the gap bothers you for aesthetic purposes only, and you have no issue with the mechanical connections or thermal efficiency, I would consider getting some black weatherstripping and placing it in the gap. If you choose the appropriate size, the gap will be filled by the dark/black weather stripping, which has pretty good adhearing capability provided the surface is clean, and it solves your problem easily.

If you are bothered by the FMIC gap for other reasons then this suggestion is of course, junk. I personally could not possibly care less about a minor gap like that, and don't really understand anyone else caring at all, but I'm very sure there are things you couldn't care less about that I'd get my thong in a knot over. Just a suggestion in the 'path of least resistance' direction.
    Tiago from VRSF roughly said the same thing in an email. "Asking me to lose over $200 on a product because you're not happy with the way it looks when you kneel down isn't something I can afford to do" FYI his number reference is to my 50% reimbursement. My reply to him I think can apply to your post as well "I don't care if I have to stand upside down 600 feet away, if I notice something off looking it'll bug me forever. Actually I think any car enthusiast can share this feeling with me."

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Losing $200 on a crap product (pardon me but that fitment is garbage) is much better than losing customers for life. He should know better.

I've installed VRSF stuff for friends before and it definitely fits nowhere as well as people would have you believe. It's just cheap and decent enough to be called an alright deal. YMMV.

That being said, I have also fitted multiple intercoolers (eBay cores, ER, ETS) to the 1 series and never encountered a gap like that so far as I can remember.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Brey335i Click here to enlarge
    Losing $200 on a crap product (pardon me but that fitment is garbage) is much better than losing customers for life. He should know better.

I've installed VRSF stuff for friends before and it definitely fits nowhere as well as people would have you believe. It's just cheap and decent enough to be called an alright deal. YMMV.

That being said, I have also fitted multiple intercoolers (eBay cores, ER, ETS) to the 1 series and never encountered a gap like that so far as I can remember.
    Finally a definite answer! Thanks a million buddy. Glad someone could tell me it's for sure wrong fitment.

For the record this intercooler performs great! VRSF could be a much better product if the fitment was on par with the performance.

Unfortunately I feel like my conversation with Tiago isn't going to lead anywhere and I'm going to be stuck with a $#@!ty fitting intercooler...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well looks like a VRSF 7" intercooler is for sale... lol

On 2013-04-09, at 7:22 PM, VR Speed Factory <sales@vr-speed.com> wrote:

There's no picture of a 135i with this intercooler on our website. Do you mind pointing me towards where you're seeing this? I see you've referenced this multiple times.

We requested a detailed/clear picture because if the picture you're referring to is the one that was posted on the forums, it looks like your weather stripping/seal is missing from the radiator. If that is missing, you're definitely going to have a gap.

Asking me to lose over $200 on a product because you're not happy with the way it looks when you kneel down isn't something I can afford to do. I'm more than happy to work with you to resolve this, but your solution isn't an option. To remove this intercooler and shave the edge would take any reputable shop no more than 1 hour max. The difficult work is involved in the trimming and removal of the OEM connectors. That work has already been done. Removing two screws, two t-bolts and 10 minutes of work with an angle grinder does not take 3-4 hours. Again, this work isn't required, it was simply a suggestion for those who wanted the intercooler to be completely flush.

The tabs on this intercooler and the relative height of the core are identical to the OEM intercooler. This is how we retain the same fitment on 335's as well as 135's.

Tiago Vieira

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 7:50 PM, Wes <cxxxxxx@hotmail.ca> wrote:
    There are only 2-3 total pictures showing e8x with your intercooler I have seen on the forum. As for your website there is no picture showing an e8x but only an e9x. As a customer I'm going by your picture showing no gap. On the e8x platform there is no weather stripping (at least for '08 models). Judging by your sales pitches on bimmerpost with install pictures there is also no gap shown. When I removed the stock intercooler there was no gap - of course I took no pictures because I thought fitment would be true to he radiator as shown in your pictures on your website and in the forums. If this gap was known I think it should be specified before a sale probably in your description. How am I to know that the intercooler is going to leave a gap if you don't say so? This is my concern. There's no way that this intercooler is at the same height as the stock intercooler.

I can take a better picture when I'm home as I'm away for work this week.

Frankly, in this case you're not losing $200 but I'm losing out on a proper fitting intercooler. Maybe for you guys uninstalling/measuring/modifying/fitting/reinstalling intercoolers with bumper removal I might add (for proper measurements) would take less than 3-4 hours, I can respect that, but to keep the shop rate low ill need to go to an independent shop that will likely take more time as they don't work on 135s often. Option 2 would be taking it to the dealer. Even if they take an hour (doubtful, probably 2 hours) it's still $180/hr shop rate. Keep in mind I live in Canada everything costs more up here.

I would like to address the kneel down comment; I don't care if I have to stand upside down 600 feet away, if I notice something off looking it'll bug me forever. Actually I think any car enthusiast can share this feeling with me.

Thanks,

On 2013-04-09, at 9:46 PM, VR Speed Factory <sales@vr-speed.com> wrote:

To be clear, if we sold you a product and told you there would be no gap with installation, I'd be more than happy to cover our mistake. I'd never recommend modifying the product to fit as promised. I only offered shaving the mount as a solution because it's a fix for those who absolutely wants to eliminate the gap that is present on ALL non-stepped intercoolers on the 135. With that said, I've been in this industry a long time and we have plenty of resellers of our products up in CAN. I'm familiar with their shop rates in this market as well as the import market and the rates don't vary much from ours. It would take a noob who's never installed this FMIC 2 hours MAX to do the modification I mentioned assuming it's already been installed. Bumper removal isn't necessary for this type of modification.

If you've seen pictures of the intercooler installed like you mentioned previously, you'd know exactly what it looks like when installed. We never told you or sold you on a completely flush fitment. I wouldn't do that since I know I can't guarantee it. To be frank, if that was your main criteria in buying an intercooler, it would have been wise to us before committing with the purchase.

With that said the only thing I can offer is a refund less shipping charges but there will be a restocking fee due to the item being installed. We generally don't take back items that have been installed unless there's a defect but if it's going to bother you enough I'll be happy to do so.

Here's the return address:

VRSF Att Tiago
    RMA100000634
    469 River Rd Unit 1
    Hudson, MA 01749

Let me know what you decide on.

Tiago Vieira

You sold me a product with pictures showing it flush to the radiator. Be it an e9x or a Boeing 747 makes no difference - if the intercooler is shown to be flush to the radiator in your sales pictures how am I to expect anything less than that when I fit it to my e8x?! This isn't rocket science is it? I feel like you're bouncing around my point.

I'm not going to argue shop rates with you as you clearly aren't aware of my location, how many vehicles with n54 motors are having aftermarket intercoolers installed and shop rates. I'm the only 1 of maybe 20 135is on an island of 200,000 people according to my local BMW dealership (the only dealer on the island). They don't work on modifying aftermarket intercoolers everyday.

I looked at pictures on 135s AFTER I installed your product and it sagged in the bumper like an old ladies ta-ta's, not before. I wasn't aware of any gap; refer to first paragraph. "We never told you or sold you on flush fitment" really...? You say it fits identical to stock! The location of my intercooler is not identical to stock. Sorry but if my main criteria is to have an intercooler fit like stock then my bad should have purchased from another vendor.

I'm not paying $150 shipping plus your stocking fee for a poorly advertised and poorly fitting product. Ill sell it used and spread my experience across the boards. 1 unhappy customer = X less customers for you. You're call. One of my threads is already at 400+ views... You can do the math.

Kindly please don't e-mail back ill take the intercooler and sell it privately.

Thanks,
    Last edited by Wescuddles; 04-10-2013 at 01:28 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wouldn't try to use threats though to get what you want necessarily or say you will use the forums against him. I mean call each other up and solve this.

There is a gap, he didn't have pictures showing it on 135's. You aren't the only one with gap. This can be resolved but I understand why you are unhappy.

If he was honest about knowing he can't guarantee flush fitment why show pics with better fitment though? He has some culpability here.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast