Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    Where in the diff assembly are the crush sleeves used? I don't recall purchasing those when I did my diff.

I think you can only buy the shims in sets, so maybe that is why the price of them is inflated.
    whatever i paid, i was fed up took my diffback installed the diff lockdown kit and installed everything. car started up. and i drove it around.

but i noticed a clunk between gears, not every time i shift,maybe from 6th to 5th and from P-D1, alpina flash is also on the car.

not sure if the upgraded vlavebody and tourqe converter has anything to do with it. but is pissin me off. he told me he put the backlash right at 0.004...
    Click here to enlarge
    Instagram: Sammy0559
    VTX3's Click here to enlarge
    Got one more tow with AAA lets make it count Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

I think everyone gets some sort of clunk. I get it once in a while and mine was fine. I've heard that it's just something you have to deal with. I'd be more concerned with gear noise, etc.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

I've noticed some noise (a clunk sound) in my Wavetrac as well. Specifically when starting from a stop or shifting between R and D, but not every time. I attribute it to the fact that the ring gear is connected through a set of gears to the output shafts. I think others have noticed a clunk with Wavetrac and Quaife diffs as well.

After I got the diff and drive shaft bolted up when I did mine, I noticed the drive shaft could be rotated quite a bit, even though my backlash was 0.0035" and the parking brake was on. I think this is where the sound comes from.

I've been monitoring the sound mine makes, and it seems to be pretty consistent over about 2000 miles. If it starts to change, I'll worry.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    I think everyone gets some sort of clunk. I get it once in a while and mine was fine. I've heard that it's just something you have to deal with. I'd be more concerned with gear noise, etc.
    I've noticed some noise (a clunk sound) in my Wavetrac as well. Specifically when starting from a stop or shifting between R and D. I attribute it to the fact that the ring gear is connected through a set of gears to the output shafts. I think others have noticed a clunk with Wavetrac and Quaife diffs as well.

I've been monitoring the sound mine makes, and it seems to be pretty consistent over about 2000 miles.
    i guess mine is worse, when i called level 10 to do my VB asked them that i want it to shift harddd, trans slip is gone. and it just shifts. and i guess that where the clucking comes from and i guess the aluminum bushings don't help either :/
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

I imagine the Level Ten upgrade and the Al bushings would make it worse. Once you get some more miles on the car, it would be cool if you shared your thoughts on the transmission upgrade in a dedicated thread.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I imagine the Level Ten upgrade and the Al bushings would make it worse. Once you get some more miles on the car, it would be cool if you shared your thoughts on the transmission upgrade in a dedicated thread.
    i will and ill get back to you on the VB as well Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sammy_0559 Click here to enlarge
    i will and ill get back to you on the VB as well Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Much appreciated.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Glad it's all sorted, I had some troubles with my wavetrac diff as well. Half shafts kept popping out...
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123