13 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

I think Tony is like the Batman of the N54 platform.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I guess this is good news, but just more $ to spend! At least it's going to a good guy Click here to enlarge
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Awesome news.
    In for updates.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nothing but good updates from Tony!
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

'10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    So I will start by saying, after having all this stuff apart on my bench for months, I think I finally found the golden ticket. Funny thing is, this ticket turned out not to be one thing, it turned out to be a combination of things that when addressed have shown some serious promise. Once I thought I had it figured out, I Basically took everything off the test (stage 3) car, made my modifications, and put them back on. First I was hoping for normal start up and idle, check, next I started with stock tune just watching the live HPFP data on the AP. Things seemed normal, so I loaded a more aggressive map, same, finally I loaded the map we ran the 572 on the dyno with the HPFP dropping under 1000 PSI and staying there and fuel trims maxing out from about 6 grand on. This map has been 100% unchanged since dyno day. After loading the map I did 2 pulls back to back and checked the log. HPFP and trims to my great happiness were both completely on track, HPFP took a dive for a small RPM range when boost got heavy but recovered almost instantly and held to redline, trims were negative. I followed this up by 2 more runs tonight with the same results. So what this pretty much tells me is, we made 572 with trims nearing max on 91, we now have negative trims, I have no idea what this combination of modifications will net as far as HP, but it seems 600 on good pump gas is not out of the question and with race gas, you are golden to at least that. I plan on offering the upgrade on the fuel system components on a mail in basis but not until I thoroughly test it on all fuels including E85, so it will be a little bit. Once I can get some miles on the parts and make sure they really are going to work for more then a few pulls I will be a little more confident, happy but skeptical at this point. This is the first step, but it is a very promising one. 6 months in and breaking down the N54 walls one by one.Click here to enlarge
    Tony, Well done.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice update… very interested in the specifics.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshBoody Click here to enlarge
    Nice update… very interested in the specifics.
    After trying to figure it for a few months now, spending a LOT of time and finally getting something to work, I wont be releasing the actual specifics of what we are doing, but it has to do with increasing flow in a few different areas. Also the way I think we are going to work it is. There will be 2 options, you send us your pump (new or the one off your car) and a couple other fuel system components, we modify them and send them back. Cheapest route, or we buy new parts, modify them and send them to you. We haven't worked out pricing yet(its going to be reasonable), not going there until we prove the modifications with some miles and dyno time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great work Tony. Impressed as always!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Excellent work Tony!

This is making the n54 platform more and more attractive...
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great work Tony. The N54/N55 market is awful promising with VTT at the helm.

Wonder pets! Ahhh.... I can sadly sing along with any of there songs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

I need a 335 again..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge
    08 535i 6MT - JB4 G5 ISO - Luke performance flash - E40 & BMS 100% Meth - AR design catless DP - ETS 5" intercooler - BMS DCI - BMS OCC - ER chargepipe - HKS BOV - K-sport coilovers - UUC evo SSK - CDV deleted - ACS spoiler - Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is awesome.... I might as well order a new HPFP since I can't have my car down while I ship mine to you... 100% E85, here I come.
    07 E92 335I | JB4 G5 ISO | BMS E85 Flash | DCI | BMS DPs | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCU Flash | Walbro GLS392 | E70 | 429rwhp/474rwtq

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Anyone know what a new HPFP runs?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    About $260ish I think. Unless your on nazipost and then its about $1500 since they have the dealer to all their work (and can't distinguish between parts and labor) Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    I think Tony is like the Batman of the N54 platform.
    more like TONY Stark.

Tony, I assume these will benefit your stage 2 turbos as well as the stage threes?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ocean Click here to enlarge
    Anyone know what a new HPFP runs?
    Cheapest I have seen is $285 at Tischer before shipping. Thats about a $100 less than our local dealer.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Njz Click here to enlarge
    Holy $#@! man, 100% e85 and 100% meth :O Jebus. I may have to consider going that route also.
    Your Walbro having that much trouble keeping the STFT/LTFT in check with 100% E85??
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Cheapest I have seen is $285 at Tischer before shipping. Thats about a $100 less than our local dealer.
    $285 isn't bad at all

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Your Walbro having that much trouble keeping the STFT/LTFT in check with 100% E85??
    Yeah the hfpf is totally over taxed with 100% e85. I was making tons of power on relatively low boost and conservative advance but the hfpf kept hhiccupping around 4k rpm and would recover but the pressure drops were pretty drastic. We made 469/491 no meth on our first map 6 test and easily could have seen 500/520 type number on the stock turbos if the hfpf would have behaved. For now the plan is to lower the ethanol percentage to 60ish and stack it with meth. Once this upgraded hfpf comes out I will revisit 100% e85 and stage 2 turbos.
    SYVECS Standalone l Motiv Port Injection with Fuel It Stage 3 LPFP l MFactory LSD l CFS Racing Radiator l m3 front and rear control arms l ST Coilover System Vargas Stage 2+ Fully Upgraded Turbos l Vargas Inlet System l VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade v1 l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes l Apex AERO-7 Lightweight Wheels l Toyo R888s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Njz Click here to enlarge
    Yeah the hfpf is totally over taxed with 100% e85. I was making tons of power on relatively low boost and conservative advance but the hfpf kept hhiccupping around 4k rpm and would recover but the pressure drops were pretty drastic. We made 469/491 no meth on our first map 6 test and easily could have seen 500/520 type number on the stock turbos if the hfpf would have behaved. For now the plan is to lower the ethanol percentage to 60ish and stack it with meth. Once this upgraded hfpf comes out I will revisit 100% e85 and stage 2 turbos.
    That's what my HPFP is also doing with E85 (well anything over E60 really), otherwise I'd be over the ~530 whp I'm seeing with the RBs now with E50. Walbro holding up real good though, so I really hope Tony will be able to make his design changes work
    E92 335i 2008 Space Grey 6MT | RB turbos | Quaife LSD | M3 Suspension kit | hlins Road & Track Coilover | DEFIVfab N54 diff lockdown kit | COBB PTF E50 map | Walbro E85 455 LPH LPFP | NGK 5992 plugs | Wagner FMIC | Wagner 3" DP | Milltek exhaust | Trueform Tech Intake System | Tial BOV | Motiv PI Stage 1 w/AIC | SPEC Stage 3+ clutch | SPEC SSM Flywheel | BMS CDV | 60-130 mph 7.55 s | 100-200 kmh 6.57 s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by G.I.Joe Click here to enlarge
    That's what my HPFP is also doing with E85 (well anything over E60 really)
    I'd recommend that you try to see if you have old strict-pump gas data logs & try to compare them against new ones. Try to see if there's a noticeable (and consistent) difference between the fuel trims when you compare the old vs. new data. If there is a big difference, your HPFP might be on its way out.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    I'd recommend that you try to see if you have old strict-pump gas data logs & try to compare them against new ones. Try to see if there's a noticeable (and consistent) difference between the fuel trims when you compare the old vs. new data. If there is a big difference, your HPFP might be on its way out.
    Well, I've been running E30-E60 mixes for over a year now, so I don't have any old logs to compare to. Running 21 psi midrange and 17-18 top end on RBs is no problem for the HPFP as long as the mix doesn't go above ~E65. I never get any fuel codes (not even 2AAF) unless above E65 level.

My first HPFP went out 2 years ago, so I've been there as well. This one has about 25k miles on it. Anyway Dzenno has been looking at my latest logs as well, so I'm sure he'll spot any potential HPFP issues. But considering I'm putting down ~530 rwhp without meth, I think it's very plausible that the HPFP just isn't cutting it with straight E85
    E92 335i 2008 Space Grey 6MT | RB turbos | Quaife LSD | M3 Suspension kit | hlins Road & Track Coilover | DEFIVfab N54 diff lockdown kit | COBB PTF E50 map | Walbro E85 455 LPH LPFP | NGK 5992 plugs | Wagner FMIC | Wagner 3" DP | Milltek exhaust | Trueform Tech Intake System | Tial BOV | Motiv PI Stage 1 w/AIC | SPEC Stage 3+ clutch | SPEC SSM Flywheel | BMS CDV | 60-130 mph 7.55 s | 100-200 kmh 6.57 s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    but I want to 100% prove to myself this is a viable long term solution before I post anything other then the information I have.
    Give me it first.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast