Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

8 out of 8 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

HPFP upgrade test results, very very promising

So I will start by saying, after having all this stuff apart on my bench for months, I think I finally found the golden ticket. Funny thing is, this ticket turned out not to be one thing, it turned out to be a combination of things that when addressed have shown some serious promise. Once I thought I had it figured out, I Basically took everything off the test (stage 3) car, made my modifications, and put them back on. First I was hoping for normal start up and idle, check, next I started with stock tune just watching the live HPFP data on the AP. Things seemed normal, so I loaded a more aggressive map, same, finally I loaded the map we ran the 572 on the dyno with the HPFP dropping under 1000 PSI and staying there and fuel trims maxing out from about 6 grand on. This map has been 100% unchanged since dyno day. After loading the map I did 2 pulls back to back and checked the log. HPFP and trims to my great happiness were both completely on track, HPFP took a dive for a small RPM range when boost got heavy but recovered almost instantly and held to redline, trims were negative. I followed this up by 2 more runs tonight with the same results. So what this pretty much tells me is, we made 572 with trims nearing max on 91, we now have negative trims, I have no idea what this combination of modifications will net as far as HP, but it seems 600 on good pump gas is not out of the question and with race gas, you are golden to at least that. I plan on offering the upgrade on the fuel system components on a mail in basis but not until I thoroughly test it on all fuels including E85, so it will be a little bit. Once I can get some miles on the parts and make sure they really are going to work for more then a few pulls I will be a little more confident, happy but skeptical at this point. This is the first step, but it is a very promising one. 6 months in and breaking down the N54 walls one by one.Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Tony@VargasTurboTech; 04-05-2013 at 12:30 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My brother Tony does it again.
    This is good news for everyone.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    VTT ftmfw!!
    E92 FBO Cobb stage 2+

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Very nice dude.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    Fixed

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Awesome!
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Tony, do you have any logs of fuel pressure you can share?
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    Tony, do you have any logs of fuel pressure you can share?
    Allen I do have them, but I am going to do a bunch more testing before I post any logs. Will get it on the dyno next week when jake comes to town. I don't blame you guys for being skeptical. I would be too, but I want to 100% prove to myself this is a viable long term solution before I post anything other then the information I have.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Allen I do have them, but I am going to do a bunch more testing before I post any logs. Will get it on the dyno next week when jake comes to town. I don't blame you guys for being skeptical. I would be too, but I want to 100% prove to myself this is a viable long term solution before I post anything other then the information I have.
    LOL not being skeptical Tony, i know you would never try to BS community with something(especially something as long coming as a HPFP solution.) I'm just a... data freak. I'll download a datalog any and all chances i get lol You can never have enough information.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Vargas, where have you been all our n54 lives? LOL

Really good news if everything holds up. You are going to have a good time working with Jake. I have the pleasure of being local to him and he's very good peoples.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sweet. Ready and willing to test it out when ready.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Awesome Tony. I love the way you approach this, it's really great to have you in the N54 world Click here to enlarge

Staying tuned for updates.
    E92 335i 2008 Space Grey 6MT | RB turbos | Quaife LSD | M3 Suspension kit | Íhlins Road & Track Coilover | DEFIVfab N54 diff lockdown kit | COBB PTF E50 map | Walbro E85 455 LPH LPFP | NGK 5992 plugs | Wagner FMIC | Wagner 3" DP | Milltek exhaust | Trueform Tech Intake System | Tial BOV | Motiv PI Stage 1 w/AIC | SPEC Stage 3+ clutch | SPEC SSM Flywheel | BMS CDV | 60-130 mph 7.55 s | 100-200 kmh 6.57 s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    A single tear came to my eye when I read this... You have made me very happy today, I was just sitting around thinking how much it sucks I have hit a brick wall with my car and how long it was going to be until a viable production HPFP solution will be on the market and boom I see this thread. I am in as soon as u are ready to beta, I am sure your stage 2 and 3 clients will have priority but if there are any betas left shut up and take my money! Once I know for a fact my hfpf is not going to ruin all my fun I will be buying some stage 2's as well. Click here to enlarge
    SYVECS Standalone l Motiv Port Injection with Fuel It Stage 3 LPFP l MFactory LSD l CFS Racing Radiator l m3 front and rear control arms l ST Coilover System Vargas Stage 2+ Fully Upgraded Turbos l Vargas Inlet System l VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade v1 l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes l Apex AERO-7 Lightweight Wheels l Toyo R888s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge
    Turbo lag is the on ramp to the highway which is power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    These are great news!

I am happy for wating such a long time to get an upgraded option.
    Got an offer from my local dealer for a new HPFP because my HPFP isnt reliable for using Map7 and high E85 even on RBs with BMS Flash with Walbro...

It will be great if we can get more details.
    I am ready to beta test

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great news for a Friday morning. Care to share any details? Did you increase the stroke of the pistons? Maybe ream that inlet hole out a bit? I'm not looking for all your trade secrets, I'm just too damn curious.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    In for the e85 testing at high power levels, glad it didn't do anything unexpected on initial testing. This is good news for our hero's.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good stuff!

Neil

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Promising initial testing, I really hope you nailed it Tony, I'd love to run 600whp reliably on pump 93. Much better than 4-6 meth nozzles lol
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Great News, I'm down for some BETA testing..

I've been running straight E85 for the most part for 18,000 miles..

Only way I can run 100% E85 is to spray at least 1000cc of 100% meth to keep the HPFP somewhat happy
    For Sale:

- NX Express complete wet kit with Plug & Play fuel adapter for BMW 335i

- FBO parts here LINK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Hey guys, not gonna be having any beta testers, since we have a car to test it on. The only reason I decided to do stage 2 beta testing the way I did was to get results from different tuners and honestly when I announced that, we didn't have a car to test with in house. I will put it through its paces and make sure everything works correctly and as long as it all pans out I will let you guys know when we are ready to start taking your components in.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boosted-M Click here to enlarge
    Great News, I'm down for some BETA testing..

I've been running straight E85 for the most part for 18,000 miles..

Only way I can run 100% E85 is to spray at least 1000cc of 100% meth to keep the HPFP somewhat happy
    Holy $#@! man, 100% e85 and 100% meth :O Jebus. I may have to consider going that route also.
    SYVECS Standalone l Motiv Port Injection with Fuel It Stage 3 LPFP l MFactory LSD l CFS Racing Radiator l m3 front and rear control arms l ST Coilover System Vargas Stage 2+ Fully Upgraded Turbos l Vargas Inlet System l VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade v1 l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes l Apex AERO-7 Lightweight Wheels l Toyo R888s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Awesome Tony. I hope I can get this as an add-on for my Stg3s Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast